LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Done Adulting, Volume 1 (Now available on Amazon with a preview of Volume 2)

Chapter 34

“So you’re good with this,” Becky asked as she put in her earrings.

“Yeah. Definitely,” Jamie answered. He wasn’t really certain he was good with it, but he understood she needed a life outside of their home, and so did Amanda. It was just that the two of them happened to be needing that life on the same evening.

“It’s just that you’ve never gone to sleep without one of us before.”

“I know, Mom. Are you sure you’re good with it?”

“Yeah. Definitely,” she lied. Daycare was one thing. This was another.

“Hey, buddy,” Amanda said.

“Hey, Manda.”

“Can I steal him and get a guy’s opinion, Mom?”

“Go right ahead.”

Jamie hopped off the bed and followed Amanda back to her room. She held up two outfits against herself, first one, then the other, then the first one. “Well?”

“The purple.”

“You’re just saying that because you like purple.”

“It’s pretty on you.”

“Aww, thanks, buddy. You sure you’re okay with this?” Jamie rolled his eyes.

“Of course I am. It’s not like spending an evening with Mel will be a hardship.”

“Ha! I thought you might feel that way. I’m leaving her my car in case the two of you wanna go somewhere.”

“So who are you going out with anyway?”

“Just some friends from class.” The doorbell rang. “That must be Mel. Promise me you’ll behave yourself tonight.”

Jamie rolled his eyes, again. “I promise.” What did they think he was gonna do?

Amanda carried Jamie downstairs where Becky was letting Mel inside and thanking her again.

“Really, Becky, I love hanging out with Jamie. It’s my pleasure … and speak of the devil! Hey, Jamie.” She bent down and ruffled Jamie’s hair while he still sat on Amanda’s hip. “We’re gonna have fun tonight, aren’t we?”

Jamie blushed. “Yeah.” He was feeling more than usually awkward and shy. Just the two of them for the evening.

“There’s money for pizza,” Rebecca said. A horn honked.

“That’s my ride,” Amanda said. She kissed him on the cheek and passed him to Mel. “Sleep tight, kiddo.”

“Be safe, baby,” Becky said as she kissed Amanda on the cheek as she passed by on her way out the door.

“I will, Mom.” And then it was the three of them.

“So do you have any questions,” Becky asked.

“No. I think we covered it all on the phone.”

“All the important numbers are on the fridge.” Becky looked at Mel. Mel looked at Becky.

“I think the two of us have got it under control.”

“Well,” Becky said. Jamie broke the impasse.

“I want a goodnight kiss, Mommy.”

Rebecca’s eyes softened. “You never call me that.” She kissed him.

“I know. I’ll see you in the morning.”

“Goodnight, baby. Mel, I won’t be far. Don’t be afraid to text me.”

“Go have fun, Becky.” Rebecca bashfully backed out the door.

Alone now, Mel shifted Jamie so her hands were under his arm pits and held him out in front of her as though appraising him.

“What,” Jamie asked, feeling like was being scrutinized.

“I just thought I’d look you over. Get a sense of what I could get for you.”

“And?”

“I’m guessing eight cents a pound.” Jamie still didn’t know the currency and wasn’t sure if that was good or bad. “But I think you’re worth more to me just so I can do this!” She flipped him so he was lying flat across her forearms and blew giant raspberries on this tummy while he squealed.

“Mel! No fair!”

“What’s no fair,” she asked as she came up for air before diving back in for another lip-puckered blow on his taut tummy. “Okay,” she said when she was done, “But don’t think you’re getting one of those on demand every time I see you.”

“I didn’t want the first one,” he protested.

“Well, that’s not the story I’m telling, and it’s your word against mine. You ready to go?”

This confused Jamie. “We’re going somewhere?”

“To get pizza.”

“Oh, I thought she meant, like, order in.”

“Do you want to stay in? We can do that, too.”

He sort of would have liked that. He was already in his pajamas, and he really just wanted to be with Mel, but Jamie couldn’t say no since she seemed so excited about it. “No, I’d love to go out with you.”

“Great! Do you need a jacket?” The evenings were starting to get chilly. Jamie might have said yet, but his fuzzy-warm sleeper felt like it was enough, though he did feel awkward leaving the house in pajamas.

“I think I’m good.” Mel took the keys and the diaper bag from the foyer where Amanda had left them, and the two of them got in the car.

“This looks familiar,” Jamie said from the backseat. He couldn’t see much, but what passed by above the doorsill wasn’t new. “Where are we going for pizza anyway?”

“Prester’s. It’s a family place and it’s pretty good.” Jamie had been to a family pizza place a few times as a kid and remembered them as noisy, full of kids clinking quarters and parents with harried looks and pitchers of beer. He liked the notion in theory; there was something wholesome about parents taking their kids out for pizza on a Saturday night, checkered tablecloths, ignored salads, half-eaten crusts, dim lights, and a flow coming from a game room.

Mel got Jamie out of his car seat and and took the diaper bag. “Oh,” Jamie exclaimed.

“What?”

“I recognize this place now.” It was in the same strip as A Little This, A Little That, the first place he’d gone out in public. “We went to that store.”

She was carrying him toward the restaurant. “Did you like it?”

“Uh, well, sorta hard to say under the circumstances.”

“We can go in there after dinner.” They reaches the door, and it wasn’t as loud as Jamie thought it might be. It was pretty empty.

“Two, please,” Mel told the hostess.

“Right this way.” The young woman led them to a booth.

“It’s quiet in here,” Jamie remarked after they’d been seated. Mel sat him on the same side of the booth as herself. There were two other families in the restaurant, each made up of young kids.

“It’s early for dinner, unless you’re a little or a young child,” Mel explained.

“Oh. I guess that makes sense.”

“What do you like on your pizza?”

“Pepperoni.” Jamie was a simple little. He didn’t need any fancy toppings.

“Me too.”

“Are you ready to order, or do you need a few minutes,” asked a waiter who appeared from the kitchen side of the booth.

“I think we’re ready. I’ll have a personal pizza diavolo, and he’ll have the same for a little. And water is just fine for us.”

“Oh, didn’t see the little fella back there. He’s a cutie.” Jamie blushed.

“He knows it, too,” Mel added. “Can we also get some crayons and a couple placemats to draw on?”

“Sure thing.” The waiter disappeared.

“I don’t need any crayons,” Jamie said, trying to sound a little more mature than his situation appeared.

“Who said they were for you?” The waiter returned with crayons, placemats, a water pitcher, a glass and a sippy cup. “But I may need your help,” Mel said. She put a place at in front of both of them and scattered the mini-box of crayons. “Can you help me fill all these in?”

Jamie smiled; he knew what she was trying to do, and he liked that she did that with him. They could be mature friends and she could encourage him to be a little at the same time. It was a hard balance to strike, but Mel had a way of making it easier, and Jamie knew at least part of that had to do with her being pretty and kind and him being attracted to her. But it was also the way she treated him, similar to the way Amanda did but with a little more leeway for mischief, like a fun aunt who wasn’t as bound by the need to be an authority figure. Not that Amanda was much of an authority figure, but she had responsibilities to Jamie that were more intense than anyone’s except Becky.

“Here. I bet this makes it easier.” She picked Jamie up and set him in her lap so he could see and work better. She bounced her knee and patted his back. “Good job! That very nice.” All Jamie had done was fill in the front of a house with his blue crayon. “Blue was a very good choice.”

He sat in her lap coloring the placemat and doing the maze and the word search and the crossword puzzle with her encouragement. She gently pointed out clues or showed him strategies that he was already well aware of. She smiled at this cleverness and complimented his successes.

“Two pizza diavolos. One for the lady, and one for the young gentleman,” The waiter announced. Jamie started to scoot over.

“Were do you think you’re going,” Mel asked. “You’re perfect right where you are.” She used a knife and fork to cut a piece of a piece from his pizza and then held it by the crust for him to take a bite. He hesitated. This was new and unnecessary and they were in public, but wanted to make her happy. He leaned forward and took a bite. Sauce got on his chin, and strands of mozzarella wouldn’t let go as he pulled away, but the explosion of pizza goodness in his mouth made him forget everything else.

“Omygud,” Jamie said with his mouth full, “This is so good!”

“I thought you’d like it.” She fed him a whole slice before she began picking at her own. “You’re a messy eater, Jamie, did you know that?” She wiped his chin and face. “Here.” She took a small plate and served him a slice, and he fed himself none too delicately. The little food was going to his brain as fast as his belly, and both took on the warm glow of contentedness.

“You’re not gonna save room for dessert, are ya?” Mel laughed watching Jamie’s eyes droop as he finished another slice. She put her arm around him. “What? You done talking?”

“No ... I’m just happy to be with you.”

“Aww. Me, too, Jamie.”

The restaurant was starting to get busy with the normal dinner crowd. He nibbled on another slice while she finished hers, both with plenty of leftovers to take home. She paid the tab and hoisted Jamie to her hip. “Uh oh,” she exclaimed. “Someone wet his pants. Was dat chu? Did you wet your pants?” Jamie blushed and said yes.

“It’s okay. I’m sposed to,” he grinned at her. Between the pizza and her company, Jamie was feeling carefree and flirty.

“Yes, you are! Well, why don’t we go to that store, and I bet we can change your pants in there a lot more comfortably than in here.” They walked toward the other end of the strip and into the big store. Mel headed straight for the change room.

She laid him on a change table and buckled the straps around his belly and chest. “Don’t want you falling off,” she said in a high voice. She unzipped his sleeper and pulled his feet from it, rolling it up under his back and exposing his wet diaper. “You’re not all that wet.”  Mel untaped his diaper and folded it down, thoroughly wiping him down with a wet wipe before lifting his ankles and doing the same to his butt. “You have got the cutest tushy.”

She pulled the used diaper from under him and disposed of it, then pulled a clean one from the bag and tossed it over Jamie’s eyes. “O no! Where did Jamie go?” She picked the diaper up. “There he is!” She repeated it until he giggled. “Where’d Jamie go? There he is!”

She taped the clean and soft diaper around his loins after applying a little baby powder, taking the chance to spread the excess on his tummy. “And you smell so sweet, baby boy.”

She redressed him and lifted him to her shoulder. His knees drew up under him so she was holding all his weight. She kissed his head. “Let’s go see if there’s anything you need.”

She placed him in the seat of a cart, and he smiled at her. This had become an even better evening than if they’d stayed home. He didn’t having anything to say; he was just glad to be there.

“Oh, I know what you need.” She reached into the diaper bag and found his binky. He smiled as she introduced it to his lips and parted them just enough for her to insert it. “Aww. You still got a little sauce on you’re cheek.”

“He’s just perfect,” a woman said. Mel turned and saw a woman with her own little in a cart, sound asleep. “What is he, about infant stage?” Jamie’s face flushed but he smiled. It somehow seemed a compliment, like his ability to blend and to let go we’re good skills to have.

“Something like that,” Mel replied.

“Wonderful, isn’t it? How it doesn’t end. She’s been my little girl for years,” the woman said, caressing the sleeping little’s cheek. “She’ll always be my angel.”

“And you’ll always be her’s,” Mel added.

“That’s right.”

The woman walked on, and Mel turned her attention back to Jamie. “Let’s see if we can find you something.”

She cruised the aisles past plenty of little hear he didn’t need or already had before arriving at the toy section. “You know what you’re missing, little boy? You don’t have have a ball, do you?”

Jamie didn’t. “I don’t think so,” he mumbled around his pacifier.

“Every little boy should have a ball.” Mel picked up a rubber playground ball. “Do you like this one?”

“Mhmm.”

“Me too.”

They walked back toward the checkout. “And you know what else,” she said, “You need some fun diapees . Less of those plain white ones.” She started to riff. “I mean, sure, those are good for business meetings and formal weddings, but a cool guy like you need some cool diapers for everyday stuff.” Mel turned into the diaper section and slowly cruised up and down its four aisles. “Which ones do you like?”

Jamie remember doing this months ago with Rebecca and marveled at the change in him and in his circumstances. “Doze,” he said, pointing at a multicolored package. Mel took it off the shelf.

“Cuddles Variety: for little boys who like everything.” The package showed diapers with padded Littles playing sports, diapers with the grey bunny on it, diapers with a fuzzy red animal on them, diapers with trucks and airplanes. “The perfect diaper for extended daytime use. Extra-high leak guards to handle whatever boys can throw at them. Guaranteed to give him the cutest diaper butt ever.” Mel tittered. “ I think you need a whole box of these,” she said.

“It looks a little late for this guy,” the checker said. Jamie was tired. The little food and the hour had him ready for bed.

“Yeah, he’s going straight to bed when I get him home.”

Once home, Mel carries Jamie inside and set him on the floor of his nursery while she got their leftovers and his new ball and box of diapers out of Amanda’s car. She made a bottle for Jamie and took it and a cloth into his nursery.

“You about ready for sleep, buddy?”

“Yeah,” he yawned.

“C’mere, baby.” She picked him up and sat down in the rocking chair, cradling him in her arms. She teased his lips with the bottle. “Can you open up for Melissa?” He nodded slowly, his head heavy, and parted his lips enough for her to get the nipple in. “There’s my good boy.”

He drank very slowly until his body was limp and his breathing slow and the bottle was about gone. Mel shifted him to her shoulder. “Still dry,” she said, patting his butt on the way to patting his back until he burped.

She sat with him balled up on her chest with his legs curled under him. She rocked and rubbed his back, smelling the sweet formula on his breath and the airy aroma of the baby powder she’d rubbed into his skin, and the various sweet and pungent smells of his nursery. She turned her head down until it was almost resting on his, ready to fall asleep with him.

“Woah, Jamie,” she gently said, shifting his head away from her breasts. “Nothing for you there, buddy.” His head instinctively turned back, and he nuzzled into her. She turned him away again. “Jamie? Are you awake, sweetie?” He didn’t make a sound.

“I guess not,” she whispered as she gently stood and laid him in his crib, quietly pulling the rail up.

Mel was working on her leftovers a couple hours later when Becky returned.

“Hey, Mel. Was he good for you?”

“Perfect like he always is.”

“Ha. That’s what you think. Thanks for watching him.”

“Happy to. You want some pizza?” Becky accepted half a slice.

“Did you guys go out?”

“Yeah. We ate in the restaurant and then went into the Little store and got him a ball and some new diapers.”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t realize he was running low.”

“He wasn’t. I just thought he might like something more fun to wear. He picked out the cutest ones.”

“He picked them out,” Becky asked, surprised. “When I took him there he picked out the white ones he wears during the day.”

Mel shrugged. “Maybe he’s growing into his role more. And the little pizza.”

“Maybe.”

Mel thought for a moment. “Hey, Ms. Webb,” she said, suddenly formal. She hadn’t called her than in years. “You’re not, uh, nursing Jamie, are you?”

“Oh, no. He’s never shown any interest in that. I mean, maybe if he were regressed, but...” she trailed off.

“Huh.”

“What? Did he say something?”

“No.”

“Then what? You can tell me.”

“After I fed him his bedtime bottle and I was rocking him, he, uh ... he nuzzled into my chest. Twice. Once after I turned his head away.”

“Oh my. Did he say anything?”

“No, he was asleep the whole time. He’s never done that to you?”

“Not once. I’m, I don’t know. I’m surprised. He never acts that little.”

Mel looked a little chagrined. “Well, I guess maybe I do kind of encourage that with him sometimes.”

Rebecca was intrigued. “Like how?”

“Like ... he sat in my lap during dinner, and I helped him color. We played peekaboo while I was changing his diaper.”

“And he lets you do that?”

“He likes it.”

“He hated it not long ago. At least with me.”

“Maybe ... he’s growing down a bit, so to speak.”

“Maybe,” Becky ruminated, “Though it probably helps that you’re a pretty 20 year old. I bet he’d do just about anything for your attention.”

“I didn’t do anything wrong, did I,” Mel asked, suddenly concerned she’d pressured him.

“Not at all, sweetie. Trust me, if Jamie didn’t like something about the way you interacted with him tonight he wouldn’t have been shy about saying so. I think it’s good he feels so comfortable with you that he can let himself behave that way. It’s healthy for him. In fact ...”

“What?”

“It would be good if he could do that more often.”

“You don’t want to regress him, do you?”

“Absolutely not. I just want him to be able to let go and leave his baggage behind. His therapist told us helping him find ways to be comfortable behaving littler would be good for his other issues.”

“Yeah. Amanda told me about the other issues,” Mel grimaced. “I think he’s in the right place.”

“I’m glad he’s comfortable being so little with you. I just hope he can be that way more often some day, whenever he wants.”

“I bet he will.”

“Hope so,” Becky said noncommittally. “You ready to go home?”

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Another extremely cute chapter. Glad to see you've recovered enough to write. 

A thing I've been thinking about: Jamie is apparently adjusting very well to his new life. Will Cheryl's visit (whenever it comes) cause him to lose some of that comfort?

• Like 1

I guess Amanda hasn't gotten around to mentioning Jamie's little problem when Mel changed his diaper the first time. 

Great chapter. I loved it.

Glad it appears you are doing better. At least well enough to write. Just don't do too much too fast that you injure something.

19 minutes ago, kerry said:

A thing I've been thinking about: Jamie is apparently adjusting very well to his new life. Will Cheryl's visit (whenever it comes) cause him to lose some of that comfort?

I have been thinking the same thing.

5 minutes ago, WBDaddy said:

Except he was - with evil grandmother from hell, remember?

They must have willfully blocked it from memory. Plus I’m on opioids for anal surgery, so I’m blocking out a lot of painful memories right now ?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, WBDaddy said:

Except he was - with evil grandmother from hell, remember?

And here i almost was able to forget that evil woman. Sadly i bet we haven't heard the last from her.

I hope (or Not) that Amanda doesn't drink so much she wets the bed. If she comes home drunk she might aught to wear some protection to bed.

I keep thinking that Becky changed Amanda's diapers all the way up till she stopped wetting the bed. So when Becky sees Mel changing Jamie's diaper and he gets a boner, Becky just laughs and says, brother like sister, Amanda would get a little excited sometimes when i changed her diapers after she got older. I wouldn't see her for an hour after i left her room on those days ?

I'm glad to see Jamie had a good time, hims just a baby ? wanted a little numnums . I'm wondering if could empty both numnums on a giant ?. Wonder will Becky or Amanda ask him ?   Was he really asleep ?? ? maybe he was maybe he wasn't ?

5 minutes ago, Shawnie said:

Was he really asleep ?? ? maybe he was maybe he wasn't ?

I totally would be. At least that's my story and I'm sticking too it ?

If Becky starts breastfeeding, i wonder if Amanda would get even more jealous. I know how some, mostly younger siblings get jealous of the attention their mother gives to a new child and it has been hinted a few times that Amanda does get a bit jealous and for now she's been able to brush it off. I wonder if it will get to the point she'll start acting out, like trowing tantrums or reverting back to bed wetting or will her mother be able to catch it in time to stop it.

56 minutes ago, Author_Alex said:

They must have willfully blocked it from memory. Plus I’m on opioids for anal surgery, so I’m blocking out a lot of painful memories right now ?

Come to think of it, Game of Thrones premier, anal surgery, and tax day all in one weekend. Lucky me!

I don’t understand how people can function on opioids. I took a half and couldn’t hold my head up this morning.

1 hour ago, Pierry Louys said:

Owww so cute little Jamie ! I can imagine he using his baby diapers and nursing mommy heheheh  

He might have been dreaming about nursing from Mel given his situation :)

9 minutes ago, Author_Alex said:

Come to think of it, Game of Thrones premier, anal surgery, and tax day all in one weekend. Lucky me!

I don’t understand how people can function on opioids. I took a half and couldn’t hold my head up this morning.

Depends on how much pain you're in.  

I had a friend who had cancer, and he took opioids to deal with the pain at work.  The dosage was just high enough to take the edge off, which meant that the pain kept him very much awake and alert in spite of the sedative effects.

Similarly, when I'm having a bad back day, I can pop a Flexeril or two or even an oxycodone and not experience any sedative effects, because the pain is still very much present and keeping my brain alert.  It's just enough to make it tolerable. 

58 minutes ago, Guilend said:

I totally would be. At least that's my story and I'm sticking too it ?

If Becky starts breastfeeding, i wonder if Amanda would get even more jealous. I know how some, mostly younger siblings get jealous of the attention their mother gives to a new child and it has been hinted a few times that Amanda does get a bit jealous and for now she's been able to brush it off. I wonder if it will get to the point she'll start acting out, like trowing tantrums or reverting back to bed wetting or will her mother be able to catch it in time to stop it.

I don't think Amanda would ever be a bedwetter again or be jealous of someone like Jamie their is true love there

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Shawnie said:

don't think Amanda would ever be a bedwetter again or be jealous of someone like Jamie their is true love there

Yeah, you're probably right on both counts. However, while she might not be jealous of Jamie, she might start to miss the connection that her and her mother had once Becky and Jamie start getting that same connection. Mostly she'll probably just want more of her mommy time. Something that she probably didn't even notice she missed or gave much thought about it till now.

She most likely won't start wetting the bed again, but even myself after many years of waking up dry have nights where i either wake up just as my body was about to release or just started. So once in a blue moon i end up waking up with wet underwear and i stopped wetting the bed at 12, i couldn't image how much more that might happen had i wet the bed till i was an adult. 

Even though it's not apart of the main story, though her wetting the bed was mentioned once i wonder if it will be talked about again. Maybe Becky might bring it up like most mom's dowhile telling Jamie about how Amanda was growing up. My reaction would have been so different than Jamie's when Amanda told him she wore diapers for bed wetting till a few years ago. I would have been like, wow they make diapers that big??

Thank you to everyone who bought one of my ebooks since yesterday. You bought me a pizza ?

The Vacation: https://www.amazon.com/Vacation-ABDL-Novel-Alice-Story-ebook/dp/B079P1B2BT/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=the+vacation%3A+an+abdl&qid=1555155028&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Wendy’s ABDL Story Anthology: 

https://www.amazon.com/Wendys-ABDL-Anthology-Short-Stories-ebook/dp/B07B4WRFM6/ref=pd_aw_sim_351_of_10?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07B4WRFM6&pd_rd_r=eac6adf2-5ddf-11e9-bd66-f3c4fc150285&pd_rd_w=tUyP1&pd_rd_wg=ArKxm&pf_rd_p=469620d9-3e90-496d-9dc8-b19f900ba5fe&pf_rd_r=83R2QAZQ85KCEDN7Y4SX&psc=1&refRID=JENFRBZ37SZ7NFJ63HYH

Chapter 35

When Jamie woke up the next morning, for the first time since he arrived he felt himself aroused to the point of needing to do something about it. As quietly as he could, he unzipped his sleeper and reached into his wet diaper, taking himself out and doing what he needed. It didn’t take more than a minute, and Jamie hadn’t counted on the effect of not having done this in so long. He made quite an unmistakable mess.

“Well,” he said as he thought about what Becky or Amanda would say when they woke him up, “So that’s a new wrinkle.” If asked, he was prepared to say he was just a little and didn’t know better. Fortunately, it was Amanda who came in first.

“Good morning, Jamie. Did you ... slept great, from the looks of it.” She was grinning, a good sign. “How about we get you a bath before Mom comes in, and it’s a good day for washing your sheets, too.” Amanda stifled a laugh.

Jamie turned crimson. “It’s not funny,” Jamie protested, though he was starting to see the humor in it, too.

“I told you it was okay weeks ago. Do you remember that?”

“No.”

“Yeah, I thought you might have been too far off in dreamland.” Jamie stood up, and she stripped his sleeper and diaper off him, using the PJs to wipe his hand and penis and belly off. “It’s not a big deal.”

“It’s not?”

“No. Even Mom won’t mind. But, uh, maybe you can try to be a little cleaner about it next time.”

“Sorry.”

“It’s okay.” She carried him nude to the bathtub and set him on the edge while she ran the water. “Did you have a good time last night?”

“Yeah. We did.”

“Mel sure did. She texted me after she left. Said you guys had fun ... di you really eat from her hand?”

Jamie turned crimson again. “Um, yeah.” Amanda helped him into the tub and smiled reassuringly.

“That’s okay. Nothing to be ashamed of. It’s cute, even.”

“It’s just ... I don’t know. When she does stuff like that, it’s just different.”

“Because you have a crush on her?” Amanda new the more appropriate term at this point was ‘infatuation.’

“I guess, but not only. She just makes it feel ... natural. Like it’s our game and not a, not a fact. Like that’s not who I am if I don’t want to be.”

Amanda didn’t exactly understand but pretended to. “Well, I know Mel loves spending time with you.” She soaped him up. “Do you remember last night when you got home at all?”

“Not really. Why?”

“She just said you were ... awfully affectionate.”

Jamie looked worried. What had he done? Had he done something inappropriate?

“How?”

“It’s no big deal.”

“Yes, it is, or you wouldn’t have asked.”

“Well ... she said that, after you had fallen asleep on her that you, uh, nuzzled into her chest like you were looking to nurse from her. Twice.” Amanda now turned red, thinking of Jamie and her friend that way.

Jamie slumped back, looking sad and ashamed. A tear escaped. “I didn’t mean to,” he whispered.

Amanda got down on the floor closer to him. “Oh, honey, you didn’t do anything wrong. Littles just do that sometimes.”

“But I’m ... “ Jamie sniffled.

“A little who obviously likes his friend very much and is very comfortable being little with her. That’s a good thing, Jamie.”

“But ... did she ... “ Jamie was feeling an anxiety attack coming on. Amanda splashed his face.

“Jamie! Buddy! Look right here,” Amanda said, pointing to her own eyes. Jamie slowly turned his head up and looked at her. “She’s not bothered by it at all. She thought it was sweet.”

That calmed Jamie down. While he was glad he hadn’t offended her, though, a part of him wished she thought it was something more than sweet.

“But you can’t start putting the moves on my friends,” Amanda added. She finished washing Jamie, combed his hair, watched him brush his teeth, and carried him back to his nursery in a towel.

“Hey, Mom,” she said casually as she walked in.

“Good morning, babies.” She kissed them both on the cheek as she walked out with Jamie’s laundry in her arms. Jamie turned red again.

“Let’s see these new diapers you picked out.” Amanda set Jamie on his changing table and opened the box. “Oh, these are pretty awesome. You’re going to be stylin’ in these.” Jamie just wanted to be dressed.

“But I don’t wanna!” Jamie didn’t wanna and was feeling pretty adamant about it.

“I’m sorry, baby, but you have to. It’s past time.”

“Well, if it’s past time then clearly I’m fine and this isn’t necessary.”

“James Patrick, this isn’t up for discussion.” Becky wasn’t going to relent.

“But …”

“Uh uh. You have two choices right now. You can walk inside, or I can carry you inside.”

“Fine,” Jamie huffed. He’d walk in, if only to preserve some semblance of dignity.

“Good morning,” Becky said to the receptionist. “James Patrick Webb for Dr. Bowers.”

“The nurse will call you when they’re ready for you.” Becky and Jamie sat down to wait. He was committed to pouting. He didn’t want a shot. He was fine with a vaccination, but the last time he’d had a shot it was like they’d administered it with a nail. He’d never had a shot hurt that like, and he wasn’t interested in having another one.

“I wish Manda was here,” Jamie peevishly said. The statement cut Becky a little.

“Well, I’m starting to wish she was here, too,” Becky responded. She didn’t meant to sound harsh, but she only had so much patience and had been arguing with Jamie since bedtime yesterday. She fished around in her purse and came up with a pacifier. “Here. Why don’t you leave this in a for a while.” Now Jamie’s feeling were hurt, too.

“Jamie for Dr. Bowers,” a nurse called out from the door to the inner office area. Becky picked Jamie up and carried him in. He glared at the nurse. Once behind closed doors, she said, “Just here for a check-up, right?”

“Right,” Becky said, setting Jamie on the table and urging him to lie down. His arms re-crossed his chest.

After ten minutes of silence, Dr. Bowers came into the office with a simultaneous knock-enter. Becky stood up, but the doctor went straight for Jamie. “You must be Jamie. Nice to meet you.” The man held out his hand, and Jamie grudgingly shook it without a word. The doctor was older, with salt-and-pepper hair, and a cartoon cat hung from around his stethoscope.

“We’re a little unhappy this morning,” Becky offered.

“As well you should be,” Bowers said. “No one like going to the doctor, but I bet we can get this over with fast.” He was all smiles and indicated for Jamie to lay down. He asked questions of Becky while listening to his heart and lungs and bowel sounds.

“He’s totally over that stomach bug,” he asked.

“For weeks now,” Becky assured him.

“Then let’s get this taken care of. Sorry, Jamie, but you need a couple of vaccinations.” A couple? Jamie was feeling two scared to be angry anymore. He looked away. “We’ll make it real fast Promise.”

“Thank you, Doctor,” Becky said.

“I’ll send in my specialist for this,” he winked

“C’mere, baby.” Becky put Jamie in her lap. He didn’t understand why he was so afraid. So it would hurt. It wasn’t the first thing that had hurt him, and it wouldn’t be the last. Why was this so different? Could he have really developed a phobia of needles from that one experience?

Another knock-entry, and this time the person who came through the door was a woman almost twenty years Becky’s senior. She was short, with curly grey hair and a disarming smile. She looked like a prototype from the grandma factory. Jamie knew she was false.

“Hi, Jamie. I’m Nurse Graves. We’ll have you all done in just a sec.” Jamie trembled. ‘Nurse Graves.’ That wasn’t funny.

“Thank you, Nurse Graves,” Becky replied. She could feel Jamie trembling. She hadn’t realized he was genuinely afraid. She thought he was just being difficult.

The nurse prepared two syringes, an alcohol wipe, and two band-aids. “Best if we get this done fast. Hold him real still for me.” Becky put one arm around Jamie’s waist and did the same with the other, holding his arm at the elbow. Jamie clenched his eyes shut. The nurse rolled up his sleeve.

The alcohol wipe went from cold to hot as she rubbed it vigorously on his exposed skin, the air feeling especially cool when she took the wipe away. Jamie clenched. “That’s gonna make it hurt worse, baby. Relax your arm for me … there you go … 1, 2 and 3” The first needle slipped in.

Jamie gasped and turned his head into Becky.

“And 1, 2, and 3. All done.” She placed stuck the band-aids on his arm. Jamie sucked in air.

“Jamie … Jamie, you gotta breathe, honey…” Becky jostled his shoulder. With his face buried in his mom, Jamie wailed. “There you go, let it out.” She rubbed his back and kissed his head.

“There’s nothing wrong with his lungs,” fake grandma half-yelled over Jamie. “Take all the time you need.” She put a cookie on the counter and backed out the door.

“Shh,” Becky cooed at Jamie. “It’s all over.”

“I’m sowwy,” Jamie sobbed.

“It’s okay. I know it hurt.”

Jamie picked his head up and took his pacifier out. “For what I said in the waiting room. I’m sorry,” he sniffled.

“Me, too,” she said, taking the slobbery pacifier from him, noting he bit through it. “We all have our bad days.”

“My arm hurts.” Becky laughed. “I really am sorry. That was horrible for me to say.”

“Really, Jamie. All is forgiven.” She moved him so he was standing on her thighs and smiled at him. “Do you forgive me?” He nodded. “Hug?” They embraced, and he hung around her neck. “You wanna go home?”

“Uh huh.”

“You want that cookie?”

“Uh huh.”

She unwrapped the cookie and handed it to him. “Let’s go home, then.”

Jamie was getting tired of drawing so much. “Do you wanna play a game, Ella?”

“Um, sure. What do you wanna play?”

Jamie hadn’t thought this far ahead. “How about the Game of Thrones,” he joked.

“How do we play?”

We take turns getting naked for no reason, and then George R.R. Martin kills us off one by one, he thought.

“Maybe we can find a board game instead.”

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, Author_Alex said:

We take turns getting naked for no reason, and then George R.R. Martin kills us off one by one, he thought.

“Maybe we can find a board game instead.”

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Well seems he took care of his little distraction this morning, ?? maybe she asked for a box off klennex in his crib ???. Poor boy ? just wants some bewbs . I got snuggle my wife's least couple times a week ?. Wait what I said day out loud ☺️ . Good chapter ?

• Haha 1

Wow two chapters! ??

34: I just love how Jamie could be together with Mel. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

35: A rollercoster ride of feelings.. ❤️☺️?????☺️?

It seems like Becky sometimes cannot read Jamies feelings correct and therefor misinterprets his Behavior, with the result that they both get hurt.

Nice game of thrones joke ?

Take care and get well soon ?

1 hour ago, Little_Mouse said:

Wow two chapters! ??

34: I just love how Jamie could be together with Mel. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

35: A rollercoster ride of feelings.. ❤️☺️?????☺️?

It seems like Becky sometimes cannot read Jamies feelings correct and therefor misinterprets his Behavior, with the result that they both get hurt.

Nice game of thrones joke ?

Take care and get well soon ?

In fairness to Becky, Jamie kinda sucks at expressing his feelings unless he's really pressed to.

Chapter 36

“So, Jamie, tell me about what’s been going on since I last saw you,” Dr. Mary said.

Jamie caught her up. He only missed a session because he was sick, and then they went a couple weeks while she was on vacation. He told her about Mel, about his questions about why littles were treated differently, and his sudden needle phobia.

“Let’s talk about the needles first,” she said. “You weren’t scared of them before you came here?”

“No. It’s just that they hurt so much more here. But they look exactly the same.”

“Well, maybe you’re not the same.”

“What does that have to do with how much they hurt?”

“Think back to the first time you had a shot here. What was that like.”

“Horrible! The nurse and the doctor treated me like I wasn’t even there, and then she stabbed me.” A tad dramatic, but not inaccurate.

“Then what happened?”

“Mom and Manda hugged me.”

“Did you like that part?”

“I was embarrassed. Crying over a shot is stupid.”

“Why is that?”

“Because it doesn’t hurt that much.”

“But that one did. What happened later?”

“I got a lecture on not being rude to people who are rude to me ... and Amanda told me it was okay to cry because it’s just another way of asking for help.”

“Do you believe that?”

“I guess. I mean, yes, but it’s still silly.”

“Maybe you needed to ask for help and didn’t know how?”

Jamie rolled his eyes. “That’s a little Freudian, isn’t it?”

“A Little what?”

“Never mind.”

“I’m just saying, I don’t think your fear of needles is a big deal unless it bothers you. You got vaccinations you needed, and you learned a little lesson.”

“And the second time?”

“A little refresher perhaps. How did you feel after?”

“Tired. And it hurt.”

“Anything else?”

“Like what?”

“Like your mom said you were pretty clingy for the rest of the day.”

“I ... I got mad at her and said something I shouldn’t have, and I felt bad about it.”

“Is that the only reason?”

“I guess I also sorta liked the attention she was giving me.”

“Tell me more about that.”

“Well ... I don’t know. She was just being very sweet with me, and I ... maybe I needed  that sort of attention ... that day.”

“Just that day?”

“Not ‘just’ that day. But some days.”

“How can you tell the difference between those days and other days?”

“I don’t. I just, ya know, sometimes want to be more ...” He trailed off.

“More ...”

“More little.”

“Why do you have a hard time saying that?”

“Because I’m not.”

“Not what?”

“Regressed. I shouldn’t need that.”

“Being little and being regressed aren’t the same thing, though.”

“Yes, they are.”

“Well, I think being little is just emotionally needing to be taken care of more than normal, and sometimes that means much more. Being regressed is physically and emotionally needing that kind of care all the time.”

“Seems the same to me.”

“I’m saying, Jamie, that you can be unregressed and as little as you feel like in the moment at the same time.”

Jamie didn’t respond. A couple things had been weighing on his mind that he didn’t feel comfortable discussing even with Amanda. The first was Mel. He didn’t understand why he felt so different around her, why he so easily slipped into such a little mindset when she goaded him into it. That didn’t happen with anyone else. In fact, the opposite happened. If someone else tried to initiate that kind of interaction with him, he reflexively pushed back, sometimes harshly. If he initiated it, which he only did with Amanda and Mom, then it was different.

“How much did they tell you about me and Mel,” Jamie I’ve asked.

“That you willingly behave a lot littler around her.”

“That’s all?”

“That’s all. Do you want to add some detail?” Jamie wasn’t sure if he did. It seemed more private than anything else the two of them talked about.

“Well, I’m just ... she makes me ... she finds it cute, and I like it when she fusses over me.”

“Mom and Amanda fuss over you, too, though. What do you think makes Mel different?”

“That’s she’s not my mom or my sister ... I mean, neither are Becky and Amanda, technically, but, um, I guess I just feel differently about Mel.”

“Is she pretty?”

Jamie smiled. “Yes ... she has red hair.” Jamie couldn’t see Mary smile.

“Do you think this could just be a case of a young man doing things he wouldn’t otherwise do in order to get the attention of a pretty girl?”

It was obviously that, but Jamie felt it was also something more. It wasn’t just what he did but that he liked the dynamic. He didn’t feel foolish with her, Jamie’s default feeling whenever he had tried to get close to a woman. Moreover, Jamie wasn’t trying to get close to Mel as a woman. She was beautiful and kind and funny, but Jamie didn’t know her well. He didn’t know her behind the narrow relationship he had with her and what he knew of her through Amanda. He certainly wasn’t in love with her, and while he admired her physically, he wasn’t exactly sexually attracted to her either. He could describe exactly what the attraction was.

“Yes, but ... it’s not just that I like making her feel the way she does with me. I like the way it feels for me, too. It’s, um, I’m not sure of the word. Comforting?”

“And that bothers you?”

“I’m not sure. Maybe, I guess.” How’s that for a definitive answer, Jamie thought.

Mary knew there was more. She knew Jamie was the kind of person who could take any feeling and complicate it until he was completely at a loss for what to do next, all the while having no clue he was doing it.

“Jamie, it would move things along in here a lot faster if you try to be a little more forthright and say what’s on your mind. I don’t think either one of us wants to feel like we’re pulling teeth in here.”

Jamie sighed in irritation. “This isn’t easy, ya know.”

“I know.”

“I ... fine. When we were out together, I let her treat me much younger than I let Mom or Amanda do, and I liked it. Some woman said I was ‘infant-stage,’ and that didn’t bother me. And then after I fell asleep - okay, after - I ... I apparently tried to ... nurse from her. There.”

“Okay. Did you feel pressured into doing any of that?”

“No. That’s the problem. I just wanted to, with her.”

“Do you ever feel that way with anybody else, Jamie?”

As long as we’re being honest, Jamie thought. “Sometimes, with Mom and Amanda.”

“But you don’t think you ever behave that way with them? Ever?”

“Maybe a little, but never that much.”

“So what’s bothering you? That you behave that way with Mel, that you don’t want to, that you want to with your Mom and Amanda but don’t, that you do want to and don’t like wanting to ... some other combination of all that?” Mary would have chuckled at all the possibilities, but she knew better than to laugh at something that was causing a patient distress.

“Yes.” All of the above. Probably some other stuff, too.

“Can I tell you what I think?”

“Sure.”

“I think you’re afraid that if you let yourself behave this way with Mel, and admit it feels good, you’ll do it with other people, and maybe they’ll start to see and treat you differently, and maybe you’ll start to be different, and then you won’t be yourself.”

She does have a way of cutting through the bullshit, Jamie admired silently. “That’s ... a good summary.”

“But isn’t it possible for you to behave one way with some people and at some times, and differently others, and it’s your choice and it’s always you?”

“I guess ... but what if other people start to treat me like that when I don’t want to be?”

“Like who?”

“Like ... Mom and Amanda, for one.”

“Do you think they’d ever do that?”

“Well, no. They wouldn’t.”

“I don’t think so either. And you’ve never had trouble asserting yourself when people treat you in ways you don’t like.  Our time is just about up. Do you want to send them in for me? We can talk more about this at our next session.”

Right after nap time was still the worst time at day care for Jamie. Too many people were crying, and it smelled like everyone was on the same bowel schedule. Jamie at least could time that part of his day to avoid having to wait for a change. Each day when he woke up, he went straight outside. When the wind blew these days, sometimes it was cold. The occasional dry leaf was turning into several. Autumn was closing in.

“What are you so moody about today,” Ella asked. Jamie’s ability to brood for such long stretches was a marvel to her. Her day to day life didn’t change much; she wasn’t sure what caused his moods to swing so much each day.

“I dunno. Just had a complicated few days.”

Shocker. “Do you wanna talk about it?”

“No. I’ve done plenty of that.”

“Do you wanna fight about it?”

“Heh. No, that’s okay.”

“Do you wanna just sit here?”

Jamie smiled with just the left side of his mouth, his relieved thank-you-for-making-this-easy smile. The two of them sat against the wall of the building in the weak sun. Somehow Ella, since she told him about herself, became one of the easier relationships in his life. He supposed that was because they both understood trauma and connected on that visceral level, even if their respective histories were of such different kinds.

“You ever ask your mom if we could have a play date,” she needled him.

“No. I’ll do it today. Promise.” Ella has been hoping for a sarcastic response in kind, something she could build on, not an earnest promise.

“Shit,” Ella responded.

“What? I mean it!”

“Not that. Bobby.” The pest was headed right for them.

Enough was enough. Jamie stood up before he reached them. “Go away, Bobby! Not today!” Jamie hoped to avert a problem, but this was just what Bobby wanted. Finally, a confrontation. Bobby wasn’t in need of words this time. He walked up to Jamie like he was on a protest march, smiling.

“I don’t like you.” Jamie lost count of how many times Bobby told him this. The phrase had talismanic properties for Bobby akin to ‘I won’t be your friend anymore,’ though it wasn’t clear if Bobby had any friends.

“Ya know what? I don’t like you either. Will you go away now?”

Bobby was visibly taken aback. Who was this Jamie person to say something so mean to him? Didn’t he know how hurtful those words could be? His upper lip quivered, and Bobby realized he didn’t need to take this kind of abuse from anyone. He shoved Jamie, and Jamie had to plant his right foot behind him to keep from stumbling on to Ella. Before he could stop himself, Jamie pushed back.

Bobby responded with a clumsy swing that Jamie stepped out of the way of, and Bobby’s own weight brought him around so he was behind Jamie. “Jamie instinctively grabbed the collar of Bobby’s shirt and pulled back hard. Bobby fell backwards onto his back, bumping his head. He started crying.

Ella got to her feet. “C’mon.”

“I didn’t mean to do that,” Jamie said. He felt stupid. He’d let this idiot get the better of him and done exactly what he’d said he wouldn’t, and he’d done in front of Ella.

“I know. It’s not a big deal,” she said as she took his hand.

He didn’t move. “Yes, it is. I ... “

“He’s fine.”

“What happened here?” The two of them turned around to find Jean picking up Bobby.

“He bumped his head,” Ella volunteered.

“I hit him,” Jamie corrected the record.

“Jamie! You know better! Let’s go find April.”

“Why did you do that,” Ella whispered. Jamie shrugged and took Jean’s hand. With Bobby on her shoulder and Jamie in tow, she went to find April and Jordan. Curious, Ella, who Jean was intimidated by, followed at a distance.

Inside the classroom, Jean passed the sniffling, sniveling Bobby to Jordan and walked Jamie up to April.

“Jamie, will you tell her, or do I need to?”

Jamie sighed and owned up to it. “I hit Bobby.”

“I’m surprised at you, Jamie,” April responded, but only because he’d been so adamant he wouldn’t. She would figured he would have six weeks ago.

“I’ll leave the two of you to work this out. I’m very disappointed in you, Jamie.” Jean departed feeling she’d done her job.

“What happened,” April asked, bending down on one knee so she could look Jamie in the eye. Jamie told her with tears in his eyes.

“I didn’t mean to,” He sniffled. April hugged him.

“I know you didn’t. And like I told you, you’re not in trouble.” Jamie wished he was. He felt guilty; he’d hit a regressed little, or at least hurt one, a little.

“Do you want a little quiet time to calm down?”

“Yes. Please.” April thought he must be the most pathetic looking little she ever saw when he felt guilty about something. Her dog made the same face when she ate her house plants.

April grabbed his bag and took him to the quiet room. “Let’s change your pants first, kiddo.” She gave Jamie his pacifier, and he wiped at his eye, starting to feel silly. Ella poked her head around the corner. April did her job and stood up. “Just take all the time you need ... oh, hey, Ella. Didn’t see you there. We’re gonna give Jamie a little time to calm down, okay.”

“Um, okay.”

“No,” Jamie said, “she can stay.” April shrugged and left carrying the used diaper out with her. Ella slipped in. Jamie sat up, and Ella sat down next to him.

“So,” She said, feeling awkward. “Were you faking it?”

“Faking what?”

“Being upset.”

“No,” Jamie replied, sounding ashamed and embarrassed. “That was very wrong of me.”

“Well, if it makes you feel better, I don’t think you’d have done it if I wasn’t there.”

“I wasn’t trying to impress you.”

“No, I mean, if he hadn’t gotten so close to me falling all over himself, I don’t think you would have pulled him away so hard.”

“Oh.” Jamie had on his gloomy face.

Ella gave him a kiss on the cheek. Jamie grimaced.

“Was that a reward?”

“No, you just looked like you needed it.”

Jamie’s face softened. “Oh. Thank you.”

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Been reading this story for a little while, and I'm both happy and sad to be caught up.  It's a very interesting (if slightly cynical) look at the Diaper dimension.  I was a tiny bit concerned that you had gone off the deep end when Jamie started acting so little with Mel, but the logic and mentality behind it was more than satisfactory.  that said it was absolutely adorable, and I'm a fan of nursing in the first place, so I my be selfishly hoping for some more rooting for a nipple and little Jamie in upcoming chapters.