LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper leaking in bed

I have been a diaper lover for years! but one thing ive always had a problem with is when im laying in bed and wet it goes down the sides and leaks onto the bed. i am a larger person and my penis is honestly pretty small. so i cant just point it down towards the crouch/bum area. Any suggestions or tips? i wear rearz lil monsters so i know it a good diaper. thanks in advance

• Like 1

Try a couple of samples of Betterdry or Crinklz diapers I am a side sleeper and they have proven to work best for me as I leak seldomly now, but as Steve has already recommended a washable bed pad is allways a good Idea I have several so I can swap them out quickly at night if I leak with out having to wake my wife to change our sheets.

1 hour ago, diaperedboilerman said:

I found back when I didn't wet the bed in my sleep as I do now at times, that the first pee usually I can get away with laying on my back, the second pee I had to lay on my stomach. The other thing I found is if the diaper is really tight against you, the urine can't go anywhere and so it tends to pool up and run down over my hip. I started putting my diapers on more loose and now most of the time that first pee will by nature fall toward my bottom when laying on my back and fill the back of the diaper first. It is worth a shot to try. Then the second pee I would lay on my belly for so it fills the front of the diaper. 

I pee heavily in my sleep so if my nappy leaks it leaks.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, MommyWigglebutt said:

If you don't want to leak wear a stuffer inside of a diaper with plastic pants that fit snuggly around your legs. 

We use to use booster pads, but now We use pampers or huggies size 6 in my night diaper with plastic pants. This has helped me so I don't leak at night.

Well diapers do not work so well when lying on your side, no or limited padding. As far as I can tell all diapers work best if they are used slowly in other words if you flood them they have a hard time soaking up your urine. That is why is prefer to use cloth diapers especially overnight for the absorb in any position. Not everybody likes cloth something I can understand, but the next best thing if you would ask me is to put cloth over your disposable. The cloth diaper will catch every leak and aside of that it will help to keep your diaper snug to your body.  

• Like 1

As dlnoir says, cloth is really the bullet proof answer.  I'm a side-sleeper and I've found a good cloth diaper to be a pretty bullet proof solution.

Cloth can be high maintenance though.  A compromise that has worked effectively for me as been a good disposable (a BetterDry 247 is very good and I believe it is very similar to Rearz) is good but if I cover it with a terry-line Babykins waterproof pant, i'm pretty much good to go.  https://www.babykins.com/collections/adult-terry-lined-plastic-pants/products/kins-lined-6-mil-double-terry-vinyl-pant-20300dltv

Most times, my disposable will NOT leak to speak of and the some times it does, it's often not enough to do more than let those Babykins air out and I'll wash them properly at the weekend.

I wear betterdry to bed, I mostly sleep on my side but I do move around a bit and to be honest I’ve only leaked a couple of times. Also I have a protective sheet on my bed

You really can't get a disposable nappy to hold everything every time when you sleep on your side.  They have no padding on the sides, and there are usually gaps between the padding and your skin, allowing your wee to run down to the area with no padding.  So it'll leak out.  Usually I wear cloth nappies at night, if I can wear at night.  If I'm away from home with no way of washing nappies, then I wear a disposable with terry pants over the top to catch any leaks.  Then plastic pants over the top.

You can't expect any old cloth nappies to work either.  They have to be close-fitting enough, with no gaps at the waist or the thighs between skin and cloth.  You can do this with a nappy square & pins (or Snappis, which work better due to the stretch), if you fasten them tightly.  Or you can get nappies with elastic legs and waist (I wear Snuggleblanks nappies for this).  I love both!

Side-sleeping pretty much equals leaks for most folks. Wearing cloth-lined plastic panties over a disposable seems to be the best fix short of going for all-cloth. No matter what your preferences and habits, bed protection is wise since the only certainty with using diapers is that sooner or later you're going to have leaks.

Bettypooh

I recently started to "fluff" up my diapers and it really helps.  I wear ATNs and I gently knead the peach mat padding until it softens and becomes more absorbent.  I use a Huggies size 6 for a soaker and I also "fluff" that too.  I also sleep on my side, but maybe more toward my stomach so the baby diaper is catching my pee.  I wet heavily during the night and any capacity leaks are caught in my plastic pants.  It has been a long time since I have had any leaks that wet my bedding.  This seems to work well for me.

I wear either plastic or rubber pants that are lined with terry cotton over my diapers every night some times when I get up in the morning the lining is wet too, not the bed.

• 1 month later...
On 2/22/2019 at 8:38 AM, stevewet said:

As long as theres protection on the bed its not such a hardship. Some people go to a lot of trouble to be completely dry except for the diaper. But it seems to me that washing a sheet and absorbing pad isn't any more work and maybe easier than washing cloth diapers and cleaning rubber or plastic pants. Maybe Im just lazy? Oh well. 

• Like 1

I had the same problem because of being a side sleeper. A booster in the middle helped a little but like you the sides didn't absorb quickly enough. So now I put a booster on each side, making sure it comes up high enough in the front, and even though my penis is smaller than average it seems to work for me. You just have to make sure the diaper stays snug around the waist.

On 2/22/2019 at 2:38 PM, stevewet said:

I'm absolutly with you. Maybe two or three times a month it happens that things went seriously wrong and the bed gets wet. Meanwhile I don't care much about it anymore. I have a badpad under the sheet to limit the desaster and if it's happen. I change the sheets and the duvet cover in the morning and that it. 

Terry-lined plastic pants. 

I used to have a body not unlike what you described, and I believe what that does is take all the challenges of side sleeping and compounds them by shifting your center of gravity above your hips, making liquid more likely to run to the sides and top than into the center of the diaper while lying down.

The only solution I ever discovered before losing serious weight (over 100 pounds) was terry-lined plastic pants. Babykins makes good ones.

I had found the solution to this kind of a problem was to wear a terry pull-up and plastic pants or terry lined polyester pants. The polyester pants are these: https://ca.babykins.com/collections/adult-terry-lined-plastic-pants/products/kins-terry-lined-poly-pull-on-adult-pant-10200tp

The terry pull-ups are from Kins also and come a single layer or double layer ones. I have the double layer ones and use the 6 mil plastic pants sold by Kins.

• 3 weeks later...

During the day I usually wear BetterDry diaper pants with thick plastic pants or latex rubber pants with tight leg ends.
At home and especially at night, I wear cloth diapers with a terry cloth cover. On top a rubber bloomer and then a rubber slip-on panty. Sometimes also a whole body made of plastic.
In hotels I wear the BetterDry with various plastic panties. And I put a plastic sheet into the bed.

As a drunken bedwetter that frequently overestimates my ability to stay dry.... I've been known to occasionally pee the bed because I've convinced myself I didn't need a diaper that night.

And being that a full wetting alway constitutes all sheets and comforter get washed; my approach is that if my diapers leak a little I'm inclined to just let the sheets air dry as its only a minor a stain by comparison, and the mattress is protected  

Although if the leak is substantial enough sometimes washing the sheets is unavoidable. But at least usually the comforter stays dry ?‍♂️

This is an example of a leak I usually let air-dry 

9934C7CF-8108-4954-9FBE-F5A57930D203.jpeg

• Like 1
On 5/3/2019 at 8:26 PM, pppants said:

As a drunken bedwetter that frequently overestimates my ability to stay dry.... I've been known to occasionally pee the bed because I've convinced myself I didn't need a diaper that night.

And being that a full wetting alway constitutes all sheets and comforter get washed; my approach is that if my diapers leak a little I'm inclined to just let the sheets air dry as its only a minor a stain by comparison, and the mattress is protected  

Although if the leak is substantial enough sometimes washing the sheets is unavoidable. But at least usually the comforter stays dry ?‍♂️

This is an example of a leak I usually let air-dry 

9934C7CF-8108-4954-9FBE-F5A57930D203.jpeg

Unless my bed is soaking wet I just leave t turned back to air dry.

On 2/24/2019 at 1:28 PM, dlinmsp said:

I recently started to "fluff" up my diapers and it really helps.  I wear ATNs and I gently knead the peach mat padding until it softens and becomes more absorbent.  I use a Huggies size 6 for a soaker and I also "fluff" that too.  I also sleep on my side, but maybe more toward my stomach so the baby diaper is catching my pee.  I wet heavily during the night and any capacity leaks are caught in my plastic pants.  It has been a long time since I have had any leaks that wet my bedding.  This seems to work well for me.

I always take my night time nappy from the pack and open it up to fluff up during the day it helps it absorb much more.

lil monsters are mediocre their tapes are okay but not well placed but their plastic is so thin! I finished my first pack of them not long ago and they just feel cheap especially when the material falls down in front

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk