LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Snappies

While I am a great admirer of Snappies, they are hardly up to adult size or loads.  While large elastic bands are easy enough to come by, the gripping heads  are not.  

Is there some expert out there who could 3D-print larger-size grippers, sufficiently unlike Snappies as not to infringe their patents, but capable of securing an adult-size cloth nappy?

I have tried simulating them in aluminium sheet,  and it works, but there could be a product there for some enterprising person.

Depends on the material used to make them.  Is that plastic fairly rigid, or is it more silicone-like, flexible?

To the best of my knowledge, most 3D printers can't handle jobs that involve soft material like latex or silicone.  

I have, (and I know others too) tried to reach out to the makers of Snappies, to make them aware there can be a market for an adult size Snappy. They did acknowledge my reaching out to them, but as of yet, they don’t seem interested in producing any such size. :(

I’ve thought of modifying a size 2 Snappy somehow. I did come up with one, (somewhat) easy way of doing so. 

I used “3”, to make one extra large size Snappy. I actually started with 3 knockoff (Chinese), visions of a Snappy. This way, I could test the theory, and not worry about ruining any good Snappies. 

I started, by cutting off the bottom grippers, of 2 Snappies. Then I removed a gripper, (not cut it) from 1 of each side, of a Snappy, the gripper part itself. This leaves an open loop on a left side of one, and the same, only right side, on the other. Then, I fed one left side through the loop, and pulled it tight. And did the same, on the right side.

I have added a photo of, one of the finished ones. 

I tried this out on a diaper. It seemed to work out pretty well. I just don’t fully trust, the cheap version, not to break at the loops. But the real Snappies, are better material, and would hold up better. 

35D88129-A6B4-46DC-9088-931D6D3127B8.jpeg

1112C88B-978D-42FF-9E68-2D093485C026.jpeg