LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do you pee less when incontinent?

Every time I ever try to buy inexpensive diapers I read these reviews like "Oh my dad wears these and is incontinent and they are great, never leak, blah blah blah", so i think great, I buy them and I almost immediately pee so much that I cause leaking, making me wonder what these people are smoking.

Now when I pee, it's like when i go to the potty. I'm releasing whatever urine has built up inside me. But I am thinking maybe when you're incontinent you are peeing less at a time and thus you run less of a risk of causing leaks due to your diaper not having to absorb so much urine so quickly.

Or am I just a weirdo that pees too much and too hard and would always be destined to leak no matter what?

I'm incontinent and I never void a lot at any one time. For me is just a constant dribble all the time. If I lay on my back there seems to be about 5-10 minutes of no activity but then it comes. Everybody is different though

Yup ICDL , when your constantly dribbling the diaper surge pad sends it to the fill ,the SAP binds it and locks it away . So we urinate as much as anyone else ,however because its smaller amounts more frequently the diaper can handle it .if you flood the diaper it better be a super premium ABDL ,But even those can handle alot more ( closer to the stated amounts with smaller more frequent amounts ) most IC seldom have full on mega dumps , we may put out similar volumes to you however its over a longer time interval allowing the diaper to deal with it more effectively .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

As stated we are all different, I'm incontinent and I wet in 250cc voids, a good disposable diaper will usually handle the first void Ok, but further wettings usually mean leaks,

Nothing in the over the counter or supplied by the health trust comes close to being about to last a night in bed without leaking.

I used to use Abena L4 with a cloth stuffer at night, these days I use an hourglass shaped velcro fastened diaper with a folded cloth soaker.

This will usually make it till morning, diaper soaked but bed dry.

Not even incontinent, just 24x7 for 2 months.  I pee small volumes frequently now (a dribble or two every few minutes when I'm "in the zone") and I'm getting a much better usage experience from disposable diapers.   If I leak at night, it's because I'm on my side (and I have Babykins terry-lined waterproofs which take care of that).

After 6 months 24/7 I am certainly peeing less but in very regular dribbles, not constant yet! I now never get leaks in my diapers but tend to get through 5 each day including my overnight one. This is largely because I do BMs in them and those seem to have synchronised to 3 times each day after meals and I only like to stay in a soiled diaper for a couple of hours as cleaning myself takes considerably longer once its dried in.

2 hours ago, DaveeBEd said:

After 6 months 24/7 I am certainly peeing less but in very regular dribbles, not constant yet! I now never get leaks in my diapers but tend to get through 5 each day including my overnight one. This is largely because I do BMs in them and those seem to have synchronised to 3 times each day after meals and I only like to stay in a soiled diaper for a couple of hours as cleaning myself takes considerably longer once its dried in.

Using a quality barrier cream helps a lot if you need to go longer in a soiled diaper. I’ve been at 3 changes per day for a long time now without any problems. I’m glad to read that you are making progress. :)

In relation to the question "do you pee less when incontinent", the simple answer is both yes and no.

An person wets via reflex, ie when there is enough urine in the bladder to cause pressure, the sphincters release and one wets. This is the same for a continent or an incontinent person with a few slight changes. In a continent person, they can supress the signal to open their sphincters. As a result, the full bladder starts to stretch (similar to a balloon), but the intensity of 'need to go' increases. Eventually, the continent person will release their sphincters and will wet.

Now, we come to the concept of quantity and time. An empty unstretched bladder has the average capacity of 50-75ml, but can, in some people, stretch to handle 800+ml. A normal adult diaper has the capacity of upto 800ml in a test environment without leaking, however, if you use a power-hose to squirt 800ml onto the diaper, the forces involved easily flood the diaper before it has the chance to absorb. If you wet a diaper in 50ml blocks, the diaper can easily handle multiple wettings.

As a result, the answer to your question is YES, one pee's less (per incident) when incontinent, but does it more often as opposed to NO, one does not create less pee over a certain time frame.

Slightly Off Topic

I am aware that there are multiple types of bladder incontinence, including the type where the sphincter fails when the pressure increases which equates to diaper flooding. This type needs either surgical intervention in some form or another. Sphincter state is closed, but is constantly getting a signal from the bladder to open. It is the subcontious mind that sends a signal to supress the 'open' signal. If the bladder is not sending the 'open' signal, the sphincter will never open. If the 'suppression' signal is always stronger than the open signal, the sphincter will never open until a point of failure = overflow incontinence + pain + diaper flooding. The other way to manage this is intermittent catheterisation, but that is only a stop-gap fix as the repeat insertation of a catheter will cause damage.

Most diaper dependent individuals would prefer 'normal' reflex incontinence = bladder partially fills, sphincter opens, wets diaper, repeat - which would eventually reduce size of bladder to 30-50ml capacity and not intrude on ones live other than need to change diapers every so often. This is achievable if your medical team didn't percieve that the goal of incontinence is to not be in diapers, and that incontinence is curable. Incontinence is only managable, not curable, and it is up to the incontinent person to chose the management routine.

9 hours ago, DaveeBEd said:

DaveBEd,

in relation to cleaning from a BM, purchase a shower douche nozzel. As a result, using same in a shower increases your speed in cleaning. Secondly, use some form of tablet to reduce / eliminate the smell of BMs. As a result, you can change diapers on a schedule, rather than after a BM.

I change before going to bed, after breakfast the next morning (ie after morning shower), mid-morning (if needed), after lunch (if not changed at mid-morning), mid afternoon (if needed),  before / after evening meal (before if I am going out to dinner, after into a night weight diaper if I am staying home) and before bed if not already in a night weight diaper (baby diaper insert + plastic pants). If any are messy, I shower at the same time, otherwise, a few wipes handle it. As a result, I go through 3 to 6 diapers per 24hrs plus 2-4 baby sized premium diaper per 24hrs. One can easily use one of the 'AB' type diapers as night diapers if you so wish, but I find same to be too absorbant and would normally last 12-24 hours inbetween changes. However, a diaper that bulky is only valid for me on a day that I would not be leaving home / travelling and well hidden. 

some form of tablet : Nullo /  Activated Charcoal + Cod Liver Oil etc.

• Like 1
Every time I ever try to buy inexpensive diapers I read these reviews like "Oh my dad wears these and is incontinent and they are great, never leak, blah blah blah", so i think great, I buy them and I almost immediately pee so much that I cause leaking, making me wonder what these people are smoking.
Now when I pee, it's like when i go to the potty. I'm releasing whatever urine has built up inside me. But I am thinking maybe when you're incontinent you are peeing less at a time and thus you run less of a risk of causing leaks due to your diaper not having to absorb so much urine so quickly.
Or am I just a weirdo that pees too much and too hard and would always be destined to leak no matter what?
When your urine incontinent it's like having the fossa on dribble all the time. There's no
Flooding.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

As stated we are all different, I'm incontinent and I wet in 250cc voids, a good disposable diaper will usually handle the first void Ok, but further wettings usually mean leaks,
Nothing in the over the counter or supplied by the health trust comes close to being about to last a night in bed without leaking.
I used to use Abena L4 with a cloth stuffer at night, these days I use an hourglass shaped velcro fastened diaper with a folded cloth soaker.
This will usually make it till morning, diaper soaked but bed dry.

I guess I'm luckier I have bowel incontinence it comes 3 times a day unless it's diarrhea. Then leaks really suck.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Whether by nature or nurture, the amount of urine output is the same; the difference is in how it's released. That will vary with the form of incontinence and with other factors like body position and urethra layout. My best friend had a urethra like a spaghetti strand which needed surgical correction, and most guys will 'kink' their urethra when sitting then when they stand it releases what it was holding. But in general terms, incontinence is usually a slow constant leakage or something close to that which keeps the bladder empty so there's nothing to flood.

Betypooh

I’ve been diapered full time for over 7-8 years now and yes I release in small amounts throughout the day. It takes quite a while to train yourself to release almost constantly( especially when you are sexually active)

I wear what the VA gives me which is Traquility smart core. They say they hold a cup of liquid. The only time I leak is when I don’t change regularly 

On 2/23/2019 at 12:50 PM, Dunham said:

When your urine incontinent it's like having the fossa on dribble all the time. There's no
Flooding.

There's different kinds of incontinence. People who do leak constantly probably have less issue with nappy leaks, as long as they remember to change. Urge incontinence, on the other hand, results in sudden, full bladder emptying - more like the continent AB/DL's habit of just using your nappy as a toilet, except that they can't stop the flow if they feel a leak is about to happen. So people with urge incontinence do sometimes say that their nappies can't contain the rate at which they flood them.

That said, fit and positioning is everything. You need to be weeing into a "channel" and not out of the leg holes or waistband. Experiment to find out what works for you, anatomically.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, nappylover78 said:

There's different kinds of incontinence. People who do leak constantly probably have less issue with nappy leaks, as long as they remember to change. Urge incontinence, on the other hand, results in sudden, full bladder emptying - more like the continent AB/DL's habit of just using your nappy as a toilet, except that they can't stop the flow if they feel a leak is about to happen. So people with urge incontinence do sometimes say that their nappies can't contain the rate at which they flood them.

That said, fit and positioning is everything. You need to be weeing into a "channel" and not out of the leg holes or waistband. Experiment to find out what works for you, anatomically.

I find that as my muscles are now clearly weakening, there's a regular dribble and there rarely seems to be a full bladder emptying flow and thankfully because of that any cases of leaking diapers are pretty rare (maybe once every couple of weeks)

I pee less frequently when wearing, but it's more an anxiety thing with me, when I'm at home, just watching tv, I often don't bother with a pre-emptive loo visit, I can usually last two hours but when I wet eventually I just can't stop it, certainly don't have time to get to the loo,,,

On 2/21/2019 at 7:53 PM, stevewet said:

Little often. Even when I flood it's only half the amount I used to pee. I pee most at night in my sleep.

I go more often but also have less urine when I do go. I feel like I have to go but unless Ive been drinking beer or a lot of liquids it seldom seems like enough to be a full bladder. I take a med now for muscle control and it helps through the day with less bladder urgency issues but also a sense that my bladder never fully empties. At night it doesnt seem to make much difference. I often wake up and feel a bit of bladder pressure but figure not enough for a full bladder and then go back to sleep. And then I wet without knowing it. If I wear a diaper its not a big deal obviously but sometimes I dont and its more inconvenient but theres always protection on the mattress anyway.