LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How Prudish is Canada?

I live in the U.S. and am currently considering the possibility of moving to Canada in a few years (financials are the only reason I have yet to do so). Now that I'm beginning to come to terms with having a little side, I've decided I need to take that into account when considering the possible move. With that in mind, how prudish towards fetishes in general is Canada? 

Isn't babykins based in Canada? Considering they make some very highly regarded AB stuff, I'm guessing that the Canadians are as fine with it as any other country.

Canada, like all other countries is made up of a wide variety of people with different backgrounds, cultures, values, interests and tolerance. There are people who will accept kinks and there are people who won't. Trying to boil down any kind of complex society to "level of prudishness" is nonsensical at best and borderline offensive at worst.

I'm Canadian and personally I can say I love my country and refuse to try and sum it up in such a simplistic way. As a country we welcome people from all over the world who WANT to be Canadian or who want to contribute to our country as a permanent resident or through some form of visa.

If all you want is a country to accept your little side that may not really be a great reason to apply to come to Canada as, my opinion only, it seems a very shallow reason for a country, any country, to welcome someone.

Little kaiya

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, Snugglebear_69 said:

Canada, like all other countries is made up of a wide variety of people with different backgrounds, cultures, values, interests and tolerance. There are people who will accept kinks and there are people who won't. Trying to boil down any kind of complex society to "level of prudishness" is nonsensical at best and borderline offensive at worst.

I'm Canadian and personally I can say I love my country and refuse to try and sum it up in such a simplistic way. As a country we welcome people from all over the world who WANT to be Canadian or who want to contribute to our country as a permanent resident or through some form of visa.

If all you want is a country to accept your little side that may not really be a great reason to apply to come to Canada as, my opinion only, it seems a very shallow reason for a country, any country, to welcome someone.

Little kaiya

Like I said, I've been considering the move for a while now. The little thing is just one extra thing I wanted to be sure about, but it's a drop in the bucket compared to the other reasons (opportunities, political/social compatibility, scenery, the presence of financial aids that do not exist in the US, the presence of several online friends who live there, etc). Honestly, the US is a lot nicer than it used to be (for example, my brother can now openly date other men and marry his boyfriend), but it's still pretty backwards. He's considered a move in the past as well for similar reasons, and the primary reason he's staying is because everyone he knows and gets on well with is here; I have few such connections, and when weighed against my current and future living situation I simply can't trust that my current country will be a viable option for much longer.

In any case, I understand your refusal to answer and the reasons for your refusal; just know that the question in the topic is not the primary consideration.

Well I work as a cab driver in las vegas NV which gets a ton of tourism and all of the Canadians I've met have been very polite as far as prudishness I haven't talked about those kinda things its unprofessional but judging from how Canadian couples aren't hesitant about kissing and being affectionate towards each other in the backseat of the cab I would think their not too different than most other 1st world country's  I'd venture to say that the US might very well be the most prudish of 1st world country's 

Come up here for a visit and you'll see what we're like before you move. I believe we are a very open and accepting people as a whole. There are always the occasional jerk but I like living here.

Toronto is extremely open to a great many things and we have some great AB suppliers like Babykins, as frogboy said, and Rearz is here as well.

Do come up for a visit. I highly recommend Southern Coastal British Columbia (Not much snow, mild Winters). All you need to do is bear in mind that the cost of living out here is insane. You really do pay for the location, location, location. Other than that, it is a great place with lots of stuff to do. 

I would recommend, as some others have, to visit where you think you want to settle. Visit as much, and as long as you can. While there, visit popular public places, and talk to people. Over time, I’m sure you will get some feel for the area, and could better decide for yourself. 

2 hours ago, Shotgun Diplomat said:

Do come up for a visit. I highly recommend Southern Coastal British Columbia (Not much snow, mild Winters). All you need to do is bear in mind that the cost of living out here is insane. You really do pay for the location, location, location. Other than that, it is a great place with lots of stuff to do. 

That include Vancouver?

7 minutes ago, BabyCR said:

That include Vancouver?

View Vancouver as the cosmopolitan San Francisco of Canada !

Vancouver is not only a city but a huge island off the coast and part of BC.

As a neat way to visit consider taking an cruise out of Vancouver.

I'll think about visiting there, then. I was primarily considering Montreal for a multitude of reasons (and considering the cost-of-living thing Shotgun mentioned Vancouver probably won't be a realistic option by comparison, so I'll still probably go with that in the end), but my interest is piqued.

Yea....unfortunately the Vancouver area is quite expensive.  However....coming from the US you will get a bit of a currency bonus when switching from USD to CAD.  Not knowing your situation you might be able to find housing in your price range.....

19 hours ago, BabyCR said:

That include Vancouver?

Oh my good God yes. Not knowing how much you are able to pay for rent etc. But in Victoria I pay 1200 for a 1 bedroom apartment. It gets a whole heck of a lot cheaper if you go to one of the smaller towns, like Campbell River, Port McNeil, Powell River. Bt I don't know if you are into the big city lights, or you want a quieter existence.  

One of the primary issues I have is a lack of ability to drive, so any area with public transportation is a necessity for me--not to mention I'd probably feel more at home in a city than anywhere else.

Not sure how far along you are in the process, but from what I understand, it isn't that easy to just move to Canada.  But you are probably more aware of the process than me.

Anyway, do you speak French?  In my visits to Montreal and other parts of Québec, the people I've met usually speak French first, then English.  Most of my contacts were in tourist related areas (hotels, restaurants, tour companies), so all were happy to communicate in English.  I'm not sure if that holds for expats, though.

In other provinces it seemed they all spoke English to me - don't remember anyone speaking French to me.

If you aren't fluent in French, this is something you can start on while you are working through the process.  If you are fluent in French, Québec sounds like a great place for you.

11 hours ago, dyperbole said:

Not sure how far along you are in the process, but from what I understand, it isn't that easy to just move to Canada.  But you are probably more aware of the process than me.

Anyway, do you speak French?  In my visits to Montreal and other parts of Québec, the people I've met usually speak French first, then English.  Most of my contacts were in tourist related areas (hotels, restaurants, tour companies), so all were happy to communicate in English.  I'm not sure if that holds for expats, though.

In other provinces it seemed they all spoke English to me - don't remember anyone speaking French to me.

If you aren't fluent in French, this is something you can start on while you are working through the process.  If you are fluent in French, Québec sounds like a great place for you.

I've been told that they rarely let people in with disabilities (such as Autism, which is mine) and are highly selective in who they allow to immigrate. Even so, I've lost virtually all faith that the US will change enough to allow me to afford to continue living here much longer, particularly with regards to a lack of livable minimum wage, high medical expenses, etc. For virtually every downside that the US has that is keeping me on difficult times, Canada has fixed that; I wouldn't even mind paying the higher tax rate, considering what you get in return (the US has much lower taxes, but at the same time cost of living can be pretty brutal and unforgiving if you're not already financially secure, and getting financially secure if you aren't already is nigh impossible). All in all, Canada has far fewer question marks for my future than remaining here.

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 9:32 AM, dyperbole said:

Only the East side of Canada is predominately French.  The western Provinces beyond Quebec speak the "Queen's" English of England.  You may have to get use to some dielect and some people looking down on your English until you fit in with the 'Proper' way of speaking English, but they can understand American English if they want to, and not everyone is prejudiced.

I'm not Canadian, but I met a Canadian because of a friend of mine having a friend that lives in Canada.  They had been friends for many years.  My Japanese friend really likes speaking English and other languages.  She can also speak German and has recently studied a little Korean.

Anyway, only meant to weigh in on the fact that while French will be useful if you do go live in Quebec and the French quarter, you don't need French to live in most of the rest of Canada.

Canada is pretty good, and I do live in Montreal if you have any questions. We have a pretty good scene here though recently it does seem quiet in terms of munches and social stuff. The rent is WAY cheaper then any other city in Canada, especially Vancouver and Toronto which are out of control. There seems to be quite a bit of kink stuff in general in the city and there is even an ABDL store just outside the city called Daynitecare that is excellent.

This city is excellent for the arts, it's the main reason I am here, tons of free stuff plus some of the best music, dance and art I've ever seen anywhere.

French is important here, but it is extremely cheap to learn here too.

Montreal born, and Capital Region raise. We are a big country, not as big as the States but nothing to sneeze at.

@37 Million People, You'll find a lot of opinions and thoughts but as a general rule i'd say if your respectful about things like this not overly exposing yourself and being somewhat discreet (most people are in their own heads anyway) and not making a show of yourself you should be fine.

Besides i'd love to have another little here yes there's a lot of us but were still small in number.

What about my concerns over the availability of immigration opportunities? I keep getting mixed information on that, but I can't tell if it's because my fears are unfounded, they're totally founded, or if it's in the process of changing one direction or the other.

7 hours ago, BabyCR said:

What about my concerns over the availability of immigration opportunities? I keep getting mixed information on that, but I can't tell if it's because my fears are unfounded, they're totally founded, or if it's in the process of changing one direction or the other.

I'd suppose there is something online about this, probably an official site you could research on. Most countries do not want immigrants who will be a burden on their system, but rather want productive people who will help build their economy, so according to your abilities you might get a response either way. I don't see that as being discriminatory, but rather as being protective of a countries limited resources so that their own people can have better lives, which is what anyone would want from their own country. Were it not for the northern latitudes being colder I think I could live quite happily in Canada. But cold is a hard line with me which is why I live in the southern US where cold isn't bad and doesn't last too long.

The tiny amount of time I spent there and with online interactions and observations since then has led me to truly admire Canadians who mostly seem to be kind, caring, unpretentious, and polite people who would be the kind of folks you'd want for a next-door-neighbor :thumbsup: Of course there are exceptions, but I've seen fewer of those then with most other places. The US could learn a lot from them but that will never happen, and more's the pity for that :(

Bettypooh