LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Welcome to.....

So I know the retail game is in rough shape against online retailers these days. But humor me for a moment.

I was on the road one day dreaming about the perfect AB/DL retail store. Now I've been into the one in Albany, and ive heard about Tykables and the one in Vegas but have never been to a full blown ABDL store. I couldn't help answer the question of what would a decent size store look like, how would it operate. So here are some of my ideas. Feel free to add your input!

It starts outside at the customers view...medium to large warehouse with minimal windows and rear/side parking for privacy. Some sort of logo so you know your GPS didn't just take you to Rick's mattress outlet.

Festive entryway that brightens the mood and spirit, which brings you to two additional door ways with “AB” on one, and “DL” on the other. The AB one could be decorated with Disney themes or similar artwork. DL has a comfortable but serious feel while walking down it.

Both entryways lead to the Diapers! And the plot thickens! How about a “Nilla” waiting room for your significant other? The store has demo ABDL furnitures, dressing/ changing rooms, and I'll let you fill in the rest of the inventory.

Lastly, there would be knowledgeable ABDL staff waiting to ring you out in the semi-private counters. “Don't forget to grab your free case of dips, with your buy 10 get one coupon”.

Oh and extremely important the exit is separate from the entrance because awkward possibilitiness.

What would you like to see?

• Like 1

My dream ABDL store wouldn't be so discreet from the outside. And it wouldn't have a vanilla waiting room. The waiting room would have toys, books and games like a pediatricians office. The store would also have adult sized changing tables and furniture like Tykables. And it would have adult sized strollers that I could buckle my little one in and push around the store. 

Littles could try things on like diaper samples, plastic pants and onesies to make sure they had the right fit. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Angela Bauer said:

My advice is to not use artwork copyrighted by firms famous for tough litigation, such as Disney.

I can see the possibility of an issue... however a pediatrician office near where I used to live had themed wallpaper and stuffies. There was a Frozen room, Cars etc.

1 hour ago, huggybutt said:

I can see the possibility of an issue... however a pediatrician office near where I used to live had themed wallpaper and stuffies. There was a Frozen room, Cars etc.

My advice is to double check with attorneys specializing in copyright/trademarks. The attitude of firms like Disney are fairly lenient about pediatricians and very harsh about adult play firms.

• Like 2

I'm more IC than AB, but I am very happy with on-line ordering. It's nothing new- we did it when I was a kid. Remember the Sears & Roebuck catalog stores? Amazon just updated the idea, they didn't invent it.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, huggybutt said:

Of manufactured goods, you can bet your butt that Disney royalties were paid before they got to market. They're very possessive about their ownership rights and who they license them to.

Bettypooh

• Like 1

name "Adult Babies Super Care" (all littles needs found here)

[no ambiguity in the name, has to be blatant and somewhat off the main roads so locals dont get upset]

id set up a half daycare/playroom, half store. no photography rule. separate rooms ofc.

store up front rows for diapers, then pacifiers, feeding needs, clothing, lastly "other" which is a catalog to flip through for various furniture, wallpaper, carpet etc, with some display of the big ticket cribs and highchairs.

store decor would be standard white walls and metal shelving like any other store, as to not detract from the products. i might have a soft nursery tune overhead to break the silence. have "commercials" on a tv showcasing different products and listing their top qualities.

make your way over to the back solid door "playroom" and its just a straight up daycare. check in at the register first, 10$ an hour to come play with all of our appropriately sized toys and use the stocked furniture. ball pit included, changing tables in the corner. family (locking) restrooms on the other side. rocking chair + books for story time. big ol toybox. stuffies and dolls scattered. big playmat for tumbling and action sports. "events" every hour, snack time, nap time, bottle time, potty/change time etc.

decor would be again white walls with two solid striped rows around, lower row for nursery prints for all the babies crawling around, filled with a repeating bottle, paci, diaper, etc clip arts. the upper ring would be nature clip arts with basic trees, animals, sippy cups, caterpillars, and other things you might find outside. for our more toddler guests.

tbh it would probably need to be big, warehouse big. and no way could it ever be staffed for the amount of care that would be needed. 

but thats what makes it a dream store after all

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

I think, for one, a tongue-in-cheek name for the business would work best. Something not too obvious to the regular public, but something any ABDL or similar person could identify. Changing Times Diaper Company kind of has that concept with it’s name. If it were my business, I’d name it something like A(BDL)-To-Z, either hiding the BDL or emphasizing the A-To-Z portion of the name on the sign.

The logo itself wouldn’t be a dead giveaway either. I wouldn’t put anything clip art or symbols in it, but maybe something more like ABU’s logo. Something where ABDLs know what it is and what it means, but to anyone outside of the lifestyle, it doesn’t give anything away.

As far as what type of building, I wouldn’t go the warehouse route. I can understand the privacy element, but a warehouse doesn’t seem like the most inviting environment to host an ABDL establishment. I’d rather opt for something more like a closed department store or grocery store like an old Sears or Kmart. The open floor plan would be perfect for different fitouts and renovations, plus more foot traffic and a more accessible location. I’d opt for strip mall department stores or grocery stores, preferably ones with few other tenants, and preferably either a multi-story layout, or a building set far back.

Ideally, my idea wouldn’t be just a retail store, it would be an entire experience. I’d install fogged glass at the entrance to provide privacy for the customers inside. As you walk in, there’d be an open reception area, with the entrance to the retail portion on one side, and the entrance to the experience portion on the other side.

The retail portion would offer a complete range of ABDL products, broken up into departments. The diapering department would feature free samples of various products, as well as staffed changing tables to help you find the right diaper and even change you into it for the perfect fit. Products would include:

• Cloth Diapers
  • Disposable Diapers
  • Diapering Essentials
  • Diaper Pails
  • Training Pants
  • Training Potties
  • Potty Training Essentials
  • Plastic Pants

The clothing department would feature fittings rooms and include regular apparel and specialty apparel and accessories, for casual use both with and without diapers. That would include:

• Standard and Specialized Onesies (think Tykables range of onesies)
  • Rompers
  • Shortalls, Overalls, Skirtalls, etc
  • Pajamas and Sleepers
  • Dresses and Skirts
  • Tutus and Leotards
  • T-shirts
  • Hoodies
  • Jeans
  • Cargo Pants and Shorts
  • And so on and so forth

There’d be a food section, stocked with each and every food item an ABDL or ageplayer could imagine. In addition, housewares, health and hygiene, and the biggest toy section imaginable would all be available.

Finally for the retail side, a generous furniture section, complete with design consultation, to help you create the nursery, bedroom, or living space of your dreams. Any piece of furniture you could imagine would be available, as well as accessories galore to go with them.

Basically, a one stop ABDL retail location.

The experience side would cater more towards activity and socializing. The key feature would be an enormous playroom, complete with a huge playground and filled with toys and stuffies of all kind. A refreshment stand will be available, in case your bottle or silly cup needs topped off with your beverage of choice, or if you need a snack. Staff will be on hand at all times, ready to change you when the need arises. Any services provided are easy to opt out of, so you can tailor your visit how you’d like it. Changing rooms would be provided so you can just come in and hang out if you want.

I have a ton of other ideas to include, but I feel like I’ve written a ton already.