LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

LF Advice, Self diapering, Bigger guy

Before I start I know it's not healthy to be fat and I am working on it. But I am looking for advice from some of you bigger diaper lovers like myself, who might have some experience on this.

I am hoping for some advice and tips that won't just be lose weight.

The way I diaper myself normally is by starting with stretching the diaper out a bit and folding it down the middle a bit. Then I put the back end of the diaper under my bottom while trying to hold the front end over my private parts. After I line everything up comes the bit I struggle with as a bigger person, I find it hard to reach to put one hand on the front of my diaper to pull the front tight while using the other hand to pull the tape into place. Because of this I end up with a loose diaper sometimes or worse, I mess the tapes up enough to ruin the whole diaper. Since they arnt cheap I hate wasting any and all diapers.

I wear the diapers under my belly as my belly is big enough to make the diaper too loose If I tried to wear it that way.

Hopefully that all makes sense, ask me if questions if it doesn't.

Let me give some tips.   First, start with the lower (lowest) tape.    Rather than trying to hold the front of the diaper square on your privates, take your left hand and hold the left bottom tape and then take the flap part of the front of the diaper and hold that in place, tugging both ends so that the diaper is now snug around your leg (you'll want this to avoid leaks).   Repeat on the other side.   Now you should have it pretty secure, you can now do the top tapes fairly easily.

If you find do to the fact you're below the belly that the waist isn't tight, while holding the upper part of the front flap in position pull the top tape more downward (rather than trying to put them on parallel. 

• Like 1

I also have a little baby fat in the tum tum region so I tape just under the belly. I prefer to wear my dip more like a speedo rather than a full high rise like some our flat stomached AB/DLs out there. 

I also prefer my plastic pants if I wear any to mimic the coverage of my dip and not be all loosy Goosy.

1 hour ago, willnotwill said:

Let me give some tips.   First, start with the lower (lowest) tape.    Rather than trying to hold the front of the diaper square on your privates, take your left hand and hold the left bottom tape and then take the flap part of the front of the diaper and hold that in place, tugging both ends so that the diaper is now snug around your leg (you'll want this to avoid leaks).   Repeat on the other side.   Now you should have it pretty secure, you can now do the top tapes fairly easily.

If you find do to the fact you're below the belly that the waist isn't tight, while holding the upper part of the front flap in position pull the top tape more downward (rather than trying to put them on parallel. 

I normally do start with the lower tapes and I try pull the flap over with one hand, while trying to pull the tape on with the other hand while im lying down. But I can't always reach over all the way to hold the flap down tight if that makes sense. If I let go of the flap then it falls loose and I end up with a loosely taped diaper. So I think I do what you said, but its a bit of a struggle sometimes. So if I diaper the left side for example, its reaching over with my right arm far enough to stretch the flap tightly and hold it in place. I can do it just about, but can be a bit painful streching aswell. I will deffinantly try taping downward though.

If you mess the tapes up horribly, use white duck tape and try to tape the sides together while you are standing up. Lean your back against a wall to hold the diaper in place and use the tape to pull the diaper tighter on the sides. You can also do this laying down. 

• Like 1

Oh and kind of a trick I use sometimes.  you can put copious amounts of Vaseline around the leg gathers between your thighs and diaper after it's all taped up. It eliminates diaper chafe and feels amazing when you walk. Just be careful because it can stain sheets and clothing.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Solomon_Wishes said:

Before I start I know it's not healthy to be fat and I am working on it. But I am looking for advice from some of you bigger diaper lovers like myself, who might have some experience on this.

I am hoping for some advice and tips that won't just be lose weight.

The way I diaper myself normally is by starting with stretching the diaper out a bit and folding it down the middle a bit. Then I put the back end of the diaper under my bottom while trying to hold the front end over my private parts. After I line everything up comes the bit I struggle with as a bigger person, I find it hard to reach to put one hand on the front of my diaper to pull the front tight while using the other hand to pull the tape into place. Because of this I end up with a loose diaper sometimes or worse, I mess the tapes up enough to ruin the whole diaper. Since they arnt cheap I hate wasting any and all diapers.

I wear the diapers under my belly as my belly is big enough to make the diaper too loose If I tried to wear it that way.

Hopefully that all makes sense, ask me if questions if it doesn't.

As a caregiver for people, some of them rather big, the trick I've heard over and over, is crisscross the tapes.  That means, pull the lower tapes more parallel, and the top tapes more downward when taping the diaper.  They also almost always use insert pads to help absorb the liquid.  If yo uare a guy, use two inserts.  Wrap one insert around your pee pee and then put the second pad, broad side in front over that before closing the diaper.  That helps with leaks.  

If you are girl/woman, put the broad part in the back because pee is more likely to leak back that way on you, according to the people I work with.

Another thing you can try.  put the back end of the diaper over your butt the way you want, and then lie on the side that you are not taping yet to keep it tight.  Pull the top side tight and tape it, the bottom tape first.  Roll over and keep that tight while you do the other lowerside, and then the upper.  Roll back over and fix the top tape, and that might help keep it tight since your side is putting pressure on one side.  It maybe best to lay on a firm bed or the floor rather than a soft bed to try this trick.

This might sound a bit strange but it really works for me.  I'm a big guy too and what I do is pre tape the diaper together and then put it on like a pull up.  It takes a bit of trial and error but once you do it enough times you get a feel for what works and what doesn't.

However.....I really need to start working on losing this extra mass bulk.  I've been too heavy for too long and it really takes a toll on me and my mental and physical health.