LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What diapers did you use when you were a baby?

HighVoltage

For me this was the late 90's and from all of the Huggie's boxes my parents kept to store stuff in I'm assuming them there are a few boxes of Pampers and Luvs though so what ever they bought, but when I was 2 and my mom started trying to potty train me she switched to these thick disposable diapers that looked a lot like Cushies today except the sides of them were blue not purple, she did say at one point she got them because I would soak through regular diapers at night and sometimes during the day so she bought them because they were thicker and more absorbent, also my mom did say that they came in boxes but at some point when they were cleaning out the garage they must have thrown them out plus she got rid of all the receipts from that time but she does remember being able to buy them through SEARS.  

I’m not sure what I wore as a baby, but do remember Luvs and Huggies diapers as I got a little older. After I grew out of those, I was still pooping in my pants (mom tells me until about 9) and I wore White Cloud training pants and sleep pants to bed until I was almost 11

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, being that it was 1973-1977 (and probably into '78 some) it was Pampers.  My mother told me once she would have used cloth, except she and my dad were both working full time, and my grandmother refused to do that kind of laundry in addition to watching my brother and I basically for free. 

12 hours ago, steviet said:

Cloth diapers and plastic pants.  My Mom called them dighties. 

I never heard anything like that.  Do you know the origin of that term or just why she called them that? 

32 minutes ago, steviet said:

I have no idea where the term "dighties" came from.  Maybe it was a cute name for diapers??  No idea

Probably a mistake of "didees". There was a diaper service called "Dy-Dee"

Being one of the "old farts" here, yeah..... It was cloth diapers and plastic pants. BUT....something I wondered about, what kind of diapers? I have a propencity to use prefolds, but from what I have found, I believe my parents actually used a diaper service!! ?  I found some old busniss cards. ( a lot!) And if I remember, either a receipt or bill for the "dy_dee" diaper service among all the junk my dad never tossed out. I believe the diapers were flat gauze....no  clue about the pants or covers. 

Years later, I found a flat diaper in our closet, top shelf. How I knew it was there I don't know. But I guess I was around 5 or 6, I got out of bed late one night, snuck into the closet, stripped, and layed the diaper on the floor, and then sat on it, pulling the sides up around me. It was very thin, but felt GREAT....but, not having any pins, I had to let it go, and eventually got dressed again, tossed the diaper back up on the shelf and went to bed. *sigh*

I didn't get back to doing anything about diapers until I was around 10... In the '70's, right when disposables were becoming main stream. 

I still love cloth diapers and plastic pants! ? and the closest pants I have been able to find are the "Gary" ones ( white) from plastic-pants.com .I tried the ones from babykins (10300) , per Angel Bauer since we are basically of the same generation, but the sizing is wierd, and they seemed to small. I might try one more time, just order a size larger. 

I just wish VIP was still in business ? they had the BEST plastic pants!!! *sigh*

Qwack

I have no recollection of what diapers I used as a baby. I am guessing it would have been cloth, oddly I don'd even remember what my mom used for my brother who is two and a half years younger than I was. I do know that my mom bragged to everyone that we were potty trained before two years old. Sadly for me I regressed big time when I was eight years old after almost being kidnapped, really long horrible story, but my parents dismissed the event as nothing happened. I had nightmares and wet sheets that I learned to hide almost daily after that incident.

• Sad 1
9 hours ago, babymaggie said:

I do know that my mom bragged to everyone that we were potty trained before two years old. Sadly for me I regressed big time when I was eight years old after almost being kidnapped, really long horrible story, but my parents dismissed the event as nothing happened. I had nightmares and wet sheets that I learned to hide almost daily after that incident.

@babymaggie

Sometimes, parents like to BRAG about us, sometimes they are PROUD of the fact that they got through the "diaper stage" with their kids.  I happen to be a FIRM believer that if you train someone who is NOT physically/emotionally ready to be trained, then all you will do is SCARE them, or make them feel bad, because they cannot do what you are asking of them.  You have to be able to physically FEEL that you have to use the bathroom, MENTALLY know that you SHOULD use the BATHROOM, and PHYSICALLY be able to dress and undress yourself quickly to be able to do that.

There is also another piece:  EMOTIONAL READINESS:  It does not matter how long you try to train someone:  If the person is NOT ready to train EMOTIONALLY, then all the attempts in the world will DO NOTHING - The child being trained has to be the one in control of mentality, emotions and abilities in order to proceed.  If they DON'T WANT to TRAIN, then all the coaxing in the world will not work:  It has to be the CHILD who shows the interest and the readiness.  Parents WANT their kids out of diapers as soon as they can, but sometimes, kids are NOT ready to give up the diaper - and why PUSH it really hard - let the kid tell YOU when he/she is ready - when it happens that way, kids are more likely to say "hey, I want to use the potty like my friend does," and when THAT happens, then it usually is easier then to FORCE it too early or quickly!  I can't tell you how many times I have seen or heard that it takes LONGER because training starts too soon......

9 hours ago, babymaggie said:

Sadly for me I regressed big time when I was eight years old after almost being kidnapped, really long horrible story, but my parents dismissed the event as nothing happened. I had nightmares and wet sheets that I learned to hide almost daily after that incident.

Good Lord Hon!: *HUG*  All the more reason for you to REGRESS, and it is TOTALLY UNDERSTANDABLE and I would EXPECT that you would regress to a time when you did not feel the pressures of life, after such a TERRIBLE time:  When you have a bad thing like that happen, sometimes the way you deal with it is to regress to easier times of life. After what you have been through, I don't BLAME you for regressing, or having the nightmares, or wet sheets, or ANY of that!:  However, how your parents could "dismiss" something, believing it "didn't happen" is CRAZY!

I learn something EVERY Day - each of us has our coping mechanisms - If regression helps you to deal with the trauma, then I believe that it is a GOOD idea :)  Emotions are POWERFUL things, and sometimes, we don't UNDERSTAND our emotions, or we are UNPREPARED to deal with them, but they are THERE - and sometimes they can make us feel a certain way, or make us do strange things, but if Regression and use of Diapers helps you, this MAKES 1000% SENSE because it gives you the stability and ability to cope with it - YIKES! *HUG*

Take Care, be Safe,

Brian

I always remember wearing pampers and Huggies. That was in the late 70’s so disposable diapers were not “ultra trim” like today. They were thick, bulky, and noticeable. 

• Like 2
Good Lord Hon!: *HUG*  All the more reason for you to REGRESS, and it is TOTALLY UNDERSTANDABLE and I would EXPECT that you would regress to a time when you did not feel the pressures of life, after such a TERRIBLE time:  When you have a bad thing like that happen, sometimes the way you deal with it is to regress to easier times of life. After what you have been through, I don't BLAME you for regressing, or having the nightmares, or wet sheets, or ANY of that!:  However, how your parents could "dismiss" something, believing it "didn't happen" is CRAZY!
I learn something EVERY Day - each of us has our coping mechanisms - If regression helps you to deal with the trauma, then I believe that it is a GOOD idea [emoji4]  Emotions are POWERFUL things, and sometimes, we don't UNDERSTAND our emotions, or we are UNPREPARED to deal with them, but they are THERE - and sometimes they can make us feel a certain way, or make us do strange things, but if Regression and use of Diapers helps you, this MAKES 1000% SENSE because it gives you the stability and ability to cope with it - YIKES! *HUG*
Take Care, be Safe,
Brian

I totally agree. My grandmother pushed me to potty train when I was young and because of it, I was always being put back in diapers or pull-ups because I wasn’t ready and kept going in my pants. I got older, I was still wetting the bed nightly but also still pooping in my pants...especially after my brother was born when I was four...and I got put in pull-ups. I got negative attention from grandma and love and nurturing even to the point of babying me by my mom and aunt...I know on some level, I needed those Pampers and Luvs...later Pull-ups. And I needed the attention that came when they needed to be changed. My brother started potty training at 3 and I was 7 and still being potty trained too...he was wearing underwear when I was still in diapers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I really don't remember, but I do remember seeing a diapers delivery truck on a few occasions with my younger sister, and I liked the plastic pants that she wore, one of my first plastic memories was finding the plastic pants. I'm pretty sure we all used the cloth and plastic pants. Thats back when we still had the milk man delivering our milk and cheese etc. I refer to that time as the good old days before my mom got divorced and we went to live with my dad and the nut case stepmother, My brother still peed the bed, we shared a room, then afterwards we shared a room with a stepbrother and he also peed the bed. I really Loved the smell of our bedroom even if that part of life sucked.

Sorry to digress, I remember at a young probably junior high age finding some disposable plastic backed, probably Pampers, Ooh they were so nice to just pee in and then play with,  soo nice. 

• Like 1