LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What diapers did you use when you were a baby?

HighVoltage

Since I was born in the very late 1950's, it was cloth diapers.  I was a bedwetter until almost age 6 and I do remember there were 2 types of cloth diapers.  One were thicker and were pinned on, and the other were a little thinner and had velcro tapes to attach the diaper but even though I always told my mom she didn't need pins, she pinned them on anyway.  I was always afraid she would stick me with the diaper pins.  I don't remember the early days with plastic pants, but I do remember sitting in the shopping cart at the grocery store and my mom putting the Gerber plastic pants in the cart.  Back then they came in a blue and white box with the Gerber baby on it, hanging on the shelf above the baby food with other accessories.  I never wore disposable diapers as a child.

I also grew up in late 50's also.  It was cloth diapers for me with plastic or rubber pants (not sure).  Although I prefer disposables now, I still love that puffy look that cloth diapers give you under clothes or with just a t shirt.  Classic!

I wore cloth diapers and plastic panties. No idea what brands, I would guess they were Curity diapers. They were a pretty popular brand, and I remember them being sold everywhere. I think I wore Gerber plastic pants too. Again, they were sold everywhere. Just like Rusty Pins, I can remember sitting in the grocery store carriage seat, and looking up at all the Gerber plastic baby pants, hanging above all the othe baby items, in the baby isle. Blue and white boxes for the pull-ons, and pink and white for the snap-ons. 

296D5EAB-623F-4CE1-B8F7-C066A57E8042.jpeg

DEF3A846-E3C0-4368-B2AE-F0825F151E82.jpeg

6FE27887-D516-4BCF-9B8F-598DB59ABA63.jpeg

It looks like some older folk born in the 50's here. as I was in cloth diapers and plastic pants also.  I can remember when I was older and desiring to wear diapers again of going down to the local grocery store and buying my own pair of Gerber Toddler pants.

2 hours ago, Inky_Wonky said:

It looks like some older folk born in the 50's here. as I was in cloth diapers and plastic pants also.  I can remember when I was older and desiring to wear diapers again of going down to the local grocery store and buying my own pair of Gerber Toddler pants.

Sounds exciting, how old would you say you were? Did you fit in the toddler size? Did you have some kind of story worked out, for why you were buying plastic baby pants? 

I know at age 13 I could still barely squeeze into a pair of Gerber toddler plastic pants, but that was all!  I was like a sausage in it's casing and they were basically useless because I would have never been able to fit them over any type of diaper or cloth toweling.  The one item I really wished I had been able to get as a kid or teen were the super size plastic pants that they sold at K-Mart in the very late 1960's and early 1970's.  Usually on Friday nights my mom, brother and I would go out shopping and K-Mart was one of the places.  It was probably a good 8 miles away and I had no way to ever get their on my own at age 12 and 13 (even if I had the money and nerve to buy them).  I remember these were hanging on a free standing double sided pegboard rack, not in any type of box but hanging on hooks with all the other plastic pants.  I could clearly see how huge they were, thinking these would fit me well with a massive diaper on underneath.  I always wondered why they made plastic pants so huge and figured they had to be for big toddlers or larger 5 year old kids.  It never ever crossed my mind that back then there were probably teenagers who still wet the bed and even less that there were adults who probably needed them with diapers.  In the late 1960's and early 1970's you never heard any talk of incontinence or disposable products for adults.  The most I ever found was around 1978 in a few mom and pop drug stores where they were more like disposable underpads with a couple tapes tossed on them to hold them in place, or a few dusty boxes of adult waterproof pants stuck on a shelf in a dim corner of the store. Then Attends and Depends came out and that was that.

I grew up in mid-60's. most definitely cloth diapers for me with plastic pants. I still prefer cloth diapers over disposables nowadays. I still love that authentic look and feel that cloth diapers give you, especially if you wear just a diaper and a T-shirt. During the day and while at work or whatever  I turn to disposables for it is more convenient but if I could……………….. cloth all the way.

Big square terry nappies was what I lived in from birth 1949 to about 1955. Then nappies were taken away as I was obviously too old for them. I wet the bed every night until I was twelve (1961) then infrequently at boarding school. No nappies there either, just the red rubber sheet!

14 hours ago, HighVoltage said:

Man, we've got a lot of old guys here.

As someone bridging the gap between your age, and theirs, trust me, it happens sooner than you'd think. The older you get, the faster time seems to pass. Remember how it took forever for your birthday to arrive, and a 10 minute timeout lasted an eternity? A year, for me, feels like 2 months now. By 20, you've essentially experienced, in terms of perception, half your life. Welcome to the middle-age of the mind.

On a lighter subject, as per the OP's question, I'm fairly certain it was Pampers.

grew up in early 90's momma bought store brand and rarely with coupons huggies/pampers

some might say BS but i member the packages from when i was 2yrs old just before potty training. red packages (google says huggies supreme, and pampers ultra dry, they look super familiar too me) the other store brand was generic white package, no clue where she got them from but im sure they were cheap. the diapers themselves were just plain white, essentially what "the next leading competitor" looks like in the commercials.

I was born in July 1964, the 3rd of what would be 6 children. History teaches that disposables had been invented prior to 1964, but were no yet commonly used. Nevermind, because my family hugged trees. My Granny Vi, my Mom Alice and her youngest sister Aunt Betsy all lacked bladder control. My older sister had OAB. I was raised in classic Curity 21x40" gauze diapers inside Gerber vinyl panties.

Although I was toilet-trained by 33 months, I had OAB. For trips and special events I wore just-in-case pinned gauze diapers with vinyl panties as did my big sister. My only sibling who never had bladder trouble was my older brother Jack. My younger brother and both my younger sisters had OAB.

When I started pre=school at age 4 I wore cotton trainers covered by vinyl panties. I continued doing so until 2nd grade when I no longer needed the vinyl panties over my trainers. At puberty in 1976 I reverted to bedwetting so have needed night diaperes ever since. Until college in 1981 those were pinned gauze with vinyl panties. From college until May 1991 I only wore Attends disposables. Then I had access to a home laundry so returned to gauze diapers for bed.