LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

family members

I haven't noticed any of my family members wearing diapers but I think it's going to be an interesting day if and when it does happen.  We (ABDL folks) are FAR more educated on what works and what doesn't in the world of incontinence products.  The tricky part will be trying to navigate the conversation if it comes up.  Have you given any thought on how you'd broach the topic of superior diapers over inferior ones?

16 minutes ago, drynot said:

I haven't noticed any of my family members wearing diapers but I think it's going to be an interesting day if and when it does happen.  We (ABDL folks) are FAR more educated on what works and what doesn't in the world of incontinence products.  The tricky part will be trying to navigate the conversation if it comes up.  Have you given any thought on how you'd broach the topic of superior diapers over inferior ones?

They'd come to me if there were any questions for sure. They know I need diapers. It would be a easy conversation in my case.

When my Dad was going downhill and needed protection I was quick to replace his terrible hospice-provided pull-ups with a better brand I knew about (wellness Underwear) that fit him better and kept him drier longer.

Mom uses pads for light incontinence and I steered her towards the thinner yet more absorbent Always Discreet line instead of poise.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, WeaselDiaperBoy said:

My wife wears the Always pads. She knows about my diaper thing but has never approved. I can only wear when I am not around her.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

My mom recommended to my wife to use any pad as it helped keep the underwear fresher.  She did that for a few years, but seems to have stopped.  I do see how the underwear are more stained now that she doesn't use them anymore.  She still has some in the bathroom drawers and in her closet.

On 2/15/2019 at 12:28 PM, incondl said:

3 members in my family for sure. Both my elderly parents & my daughter due to complications having her first & only child. It's far more common than you may realize

Does your daughter actually wear a full diaper, and is it permanent? Is she comfortable talking about the topic with you?

5 minutes ago, nappylover78 said:

Does your daughter actually wear a full diaper, and is it permanent? Is she comfortable talking about the topic with you?

She uses a pull up style last I knew. Conversations are very limited really because there is not much to say really. It’s not like the subject comes up often

6 minutes ago, incondl said:

She uses a pull up style last I knew. Conversations are very limited really because there is not much to say really. It’s not like the subject comes up often

Just wondered given the fact you wear diapers yourself, which must be a fairly unusual thing to have in common between non-elderly family members!

24 minutes ago, nappylover78 said:

Just wondered given the fact you wear diapers yourself, which must be a fairly unusual thing to have in common between non-elderly family members!

When I think about it, it’s not unusual at all. Continence issues are in many families. It’s just something that’s not discussed much. The elderly for sure. Many, many women after childbirth have problems. Some worse than others. Then me, urinary due to a accident and then bowel due to desire. My condition would be the most odd but look how many people are on this forum. I’m sure it’s just a fraction of how many there are.

A whole lot of my relatives are incontinent! My Mom had lost all of her bladder control long before I was born. Her mother (my Granny Vi) had reverted to bedwetting at puberty and resumed day wetting at 19. Vi has often told me that her mother (who died before I was born) wore diapers all the time. All of Mom's sisters wear diapers. All of my 3 sisters and my younger brother wear diapers. Hardly any of these relatives wear pull-ups. They find tape-on far more effective. Most, like me, prefer pinned washable diapers in bed and when home. I am the only one who wears GoodNite Tru-Fit, but I am by far the smallest adult in my extended family.

My dad was diagnosed last spring with terminal cancer at age 98.  We were told the prognosis was months.  This past week he was constipated and couldn't go.  On Thursday the hospice nurse gave him an enema which really didn't help much at all.  They put a pull up on him just in case and he was in bed all day.  Believe me, for the past 3 months or so he had to be wheeled to and from bed to the couch and chair in the living room and to the bathroom but he was able to walk from the chair into the bathroom, sit on the toilet to do his business and walk back to the chair outside the bathroom door, even though he needed help getting up off the toilet and having his pants pulled back up.  That really winded him and he had to rest for several minutes before moving from the wheelchair to the couch these past few weeks.  Unfortunatly, his cancer caught up with him and he passed away early yesterday morning.  Still a shock, but for his almost 99 years the only time after being out of diapers as a baby that he "needed" them was for the last 2 days of his life, and he didn't use them even though he was wearing them!  Remarkable at age 99!

On 2/17/2019 at 4:08 AM, Angela Bauer said:

A whole lot of my relatives are incontinent! My Mom had lost all of her bladder control long before I was born. Her mother (my Granny Vi) had reverted to bedwetting at puberty and resumed day wetting at 19. Vi has often told me that her mother (who died before I was born) wore diapers all the time. All of Mom's sisters wear diapers. All of my 3 sisters and my younger brother wear diapers. Hardly any of these relatives wear pull-ups. They find tape-on far more effective. Most, like me, prefer pinned washable diapers in bed and when home. I am the only one who wears GoodNite Tru-Fit, but I am by far the smallest adult in my extended family.

So the real question is are there any members of your family NOT in diapers??

Cloth diapers rule, but an entire family in them must be something else.

So sorry to hear this Rusty. It's been a year since I lost my Mom and it does take time to get through something this deeply meaningful to you. Just know that the love was there and in time that will once again take place of the pain, with the happier memories overcoming the sadder ones.

Peace be with you,

Bettypooh