LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Reactions of your doctors

Yooo

So today I went to the student health center of my University, for medications for depression and anxiety. I had mentioned that during panic attacks it was hard to breathe, so the doctor wanted to check my heart and lungs. I heard "pull up your shirt" and that's when my heart skipped a beat.

I was wearing a onesie, but luckily it was a black one. I didn't snap it together on the bottom, so at least I didn't have to pull down my pants too. The snaps irritate my legs sometimes, so that's why I didn't have it buttoned, but it's nice to have that long back for when I bend over or sit down.

The first thing he said was, "what's with your underwear?" I was wearing a Crinklz Astronaut diaper, so it was pretty obvious. I stumbled verbally, explaining that it helps me feel better. I admitted to occasionally bedwetting, but he didn't seem too concerned with that, but prodded a little on why I wore them during the day. I repeated that it helps, and he said, "whatever works, right?"

Who knows what he wrote in the consultation documentation. Maybe something? Maybe nothing? It was my first time experiencing something like this, and it was nerve wracking. But it wasn't as bad as I thought it could have been.

tl;dr, I went to a consult today with my doctor and he saw I was wearing a Crinklz Astronaut. He said, "hey, whatever works", I'm glad it went as well as it did.

Enviado desde mi SM-N960U mediante Tapatalk

• Haha 1

I got a new primary care doctor a few months ago and was very up front with her that I have been partially bladder and bowel incontinent since last summer due to a ruptured L5-S1 disc and had to wear a diaper to bed every night and anytime I leave home because I don't know when I am going to have an accident. She asked me if I was wearing one now and I told her yes. She told me as awkward as it may seem, I was making the right decision to wear protection and to never be embarrassed about it because I have a legitimate medical condition. She was very understanding and non judgmental about it.

3 hours ago, drynot said:

Doctors are bound by confidentiality so there is not much to worry about.  They've likely seen it all.....

Yeah, there's this myth that doctor's are bound by confidentiality, and that's all in the legalese world where they keep your stuff confidential, uh huh. But if you don't think that they go in the back room and share stories of the weird stuff that they see, you're mistaken. I'm an ER nurse, and I work closely with doctor's enough that they are my friends and coworkers, rather than the people just barking out orders, so we have a jovial atmosphere because it's the only way that we can remain sane in that kind of environment. If someone sees something weird, or interesting, or has someone say something totally batshit crazy, if you think that they are going to take it to their grave, I can assure you that it remains confidential between you and your doctor for about 1 minute before it is repeated to other people, such as the nurse, or the scribe, or their colleagues who are asked to give their opinion on how to proceed. Most of the time it is professional, and information being processed, but if you think you can walk into a situation like that wearing an ABDL diaper and not have them repeat it to others, you're mistaken. 

I'm not telling you this to report the entire medical field (and I assure you, it's the ENTIRE medical field), but to have you keep in mind that there is no magical law that keeps a physician from telling their colleagues or their wife or husband when they get home about what they saw. HIPAA laws prevent healthcare from giving out information that is privileged and could be used to identify patients, but weird shit that people see is a gray area when it comes to that law. So bottom line, if you don't want to get judged or have people tell their colleagues about you wearing an ABDL diaper, don't wear one to a doctor appointment.

• Like 1

I told my doctor from the first intake appointment.  Now I have only been naked in front of her in just my diaper once when I had a physical.  I decided to wear a plain white ABU Simple diaper instead of my favorite, a pretty pink Rearz Princess diaper.  

She is a very thorough doctor who is always poking and prodding about this symptom and that symptom but when it came to my induced incontinence she did not push the envelope with a cure. 

When I first met her assistant explaining my medical history and told her I wear diapers she initially told me it is all about quality of life and I simply said my life would not be quality without wearing my diapers.  I was told that is okay too.

My doctor only asked me once if I wanted medicine for my OAB and the answer was a swift no and that was it.  She also calls my diaper my underwear as well so that must be common place as to not make the patient uncomfortable.  For some reason the word "diaper" seems to be a word that they do not want to use.  Briefs, protection, and underwear but not a diaper.

One thing I learned early when I first started wearing diapers permanently was that if approached by someone about being padded I was using the word diaper.  When going through security at the airport a TSA agent asked me what I was wearing and I said an incontinence product.   He looked at me completely confused like he did not know what I meant.  So, I said I am wearing a diaper and then he understood and I think felt sorry for asking.  From that point forward I decided I wear diapers and that is what I have told everyone since that has needed to know.

Interestingly, the only time in front of a doctor I was shy about being diapered was at the ER.  I had a onesie on and they needed my shirt to come off and I got really embarrassed for some odd reason.  I actually made everyone leave the room so I could remove it.  I did have pink protective panties on over my diaper and maybe that was why.  I get diaper shy out of the clear blue from time to time.

14 hours ago, warpiper said:

Yeah, there's this myth that doctor's are bound by confidentiality, and that's all in the legalese world where they keep your stuff confidential, uh huh. But if you don't think that they go in the back room and share stories of the weird stuff that they see, you're mistaken. I'm an ER nurse, and I work closely with doctor's enough that they are my friends and coworkers, rather than the people just barking out orders, so we have a jovial atmosphere because it's the only way that we can remain sane in that kind of environment. If someone sees something weird, or interesting, or has someone say something totally batshit crazy, if you think that they are going to take it to their grave, I can assure you that it remains confidential between you and your doctor for about 1 minute before it is repeated to other people, such as the nurse, or the scribe, or their colleagues who are asked to give their opinion on how to proceed. Most of the time it is professional, and information being processed, but if you think you can walk into a situation like that wearing an ABDL diaper and not have them repeat it to others, you're mistaken. 

I agree.  We talk about some of the doctors in the hospital and some patient names that sound goofy or people named after famous people, but it never leaves the room.  Remember, anyone with access to the hospital computer can access someone's records as part of their job and also not part of their job depending on what part of the hospital they work in.  Doctors and nurses have legitimate reasons for conferring on patient's care professionally and I see it almost daily.  Yeah, they can comment about things in the back room but it is usually not going any farther that talking among colleagues.  They can risk a lawsuit should patient information get out to the wrong people, and there is always a "paper trail" although these days it's usually a computer trail.  I may have access to different departments and records I have no business looking at or going to, but my badge will register each time I use it to enter a locked room and my computer code will register each patient account I look at.  I look at it the same as a clerk in a store telling their coworkers in the break room about the 30 year old in puffy pants buying adult diapers and a baby pacifier, but they aren't going to shout that information across the PA system for everyone in the store to hear.  They may tell their wife or husband about it later, but they don't know your name and all.  If a doctor should be talking about your AB diapers in the lunch room or nurses station, it's doubtful they are going to mention you by name and surely they are not going to pass along that information to your family members or employers if they should inquire.  HIPPA laws are there and I believe observed for the most part even if doctors may talk among themselves about "the guy" they saw wearing AB diapers. 

Yeah, and in retrospect I probably could have played it safer, by wearing a plain white diaper, but I wasn't expecting a physical exam of any sort. At least I know to wear a white one next month!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

On 2/13/2019 at 10:00 PM, warpiper said:

I'm not telling you this to report the entire medical field (and I assure you, it's the ENTIRE medical field), but to have you keep in mind that there is no magical law that keeps a physician from telling their colleagues or their wife or husband when they get home about what they saw. HIPAA laws prevent healthcare from giving out information that is privileged and could be used to identify patients, but weird shit that people see is a gray area when it comes to that law. So bottom line, if you don't want to get judged or have people tell their colleagues about you wearing an ABDL diaper, don't wear one to a doctor appointment.

In my field, I'm bound by a similar law (FERPA), but it's the same deal.  The information they can't share and are very careful about not sharing is identifiable information.   While it's used to share crazy stories (which ABDL diapers might qualify- but there going to be something better), but it also used as support and advice for colleagues.  

I'm not that worried about a doctor sharing my story as a crazy patient story.   My name is not going to used, and it's not going into a file unless it's medically relevant.   Worst case scenario is you the subject (without sharing any names, or identities) of a crazy patient story,  bur since you're not there- who cares.

I see my Dr (GP) every 3 months. He knows well of my condition and will always ask if everything is ok in that department. I tell him I manage just fine & that's the end of it. He talks about the tests I should have at my age and always suggests masturbation twice a week for good prostate health. Beyond that he focuses on the reason I'm there to see him in the first place. Dr's are there to discuss the good, bad & ugly. Any busy Dr has pretty much seen it all. They want to solve whatever you have going on and move on to the next person. Never be afraid to wear in front of them.

We have same agreement in "search and rescue", and we talk with each other to share stories, but we rarely pass it on to the public

Names are often left out of the conversation and IF we discuss things in public, the names are not mentioned at all or changed, including the place where it happened, like if it happened in Empire State Building, we would just say in New York

I wear medical diapers every time I go out and is kinda looking forward to that doctor appointment where it gets discovered, just to out myself and lessen the burden and not for sexual gain

when you see a new doctor for medical evaluation/ second opinion and the nurse ask you to get down to your underwear and you tell her i don't wear underwear, I have diaper on, her face turned red.. priceless then she said hold on i have to go ask the doc. Just to say i kept my pants on they did not want to see my diaper, It was a clean new Tena slip Maxi

During my evaluation i told my doctor i wear a Tena diaper. In His dam report he put patient wears Depends.

On 2/15/2019 at 1:39 AM, Yooo said:

Yeah, and in retrospect I probably could have played it safer, by wearing a plain white diaper, but I wasn't expecting a physical exam of any sort. At least I know to wear a white one next month!

Well, wearing white would be like locking the barn after the cow has been stolen, but you can do what you want.  If you seem a little embarrassed about the AB diaper, wear a plain white one next time and if anything is said about the AB diaper, just tell them it was an error in your order and when you got them you decided to just use them up instead of making a big deal about it.  I doubt anyone will say anything but if they do, that is a plausible excuse.  Since you already told everyone that they make you feel better and I'm sure they're probably are aware of AB people out there, I doubt that any excuse would fool them at this point.

Wearing a AB type diaper is probably a dead giveaway to the Dr that wearing is more desire than need I would think. If they see it they will at least think so. If you want to be “caught” by the Dr then wear them but be aware that they may quiz you. You’ll need to decide what your reply will be. It would be best to just tell them the truth. It’s all confidential anyway. Who knows, they may want to know more about your lifestyle. If so that’s the perfect time to open up. I think female drs would be more understanding of it than male just because of their more caring attitudes. You aren’t out of anything by being honest and you may feel a lot better also. Gay people spend a lot of their life in a closet. When they come out it’s like a whole new world for them. This is no different. If you truly enjoy your lifestyle don’t allow others to stop you. I’m dual incontinent. The difference with me is I don’t hate it. I thoroughly enjoy it and if I were asked (which hasn’t happened) I’d not be afraid to admit it.

First time my dr saw my diaper, she asked why i was wearing a diaper. I told her for occasional bedwetting due to deep sleeping and during the day for comfort and convienence and diapers help prevent jock itch by absorbing the sweat. She said as long as there is no major issues shes ok with it and agreed with diapers absorbing sweat preventing jock itch and thought it to be a good idea. I think she put in my med records that i wear diapers