LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Depression and ABDL tendencies

I have been dealing with depression most of my life it seems the older I get the stronger it gets or maybe it's just me .

My question to everyone is do you think abdl tendencies and depression go hand in hand ?

I'm so tired of it I take Effexor but maybe it's time for a change , what do you all take ? Do you see a regular doctor or someone else ?

Not for everyone.  I don't have clinical depression; however, my spouse has it so I'm somewhat familiar with it.

There could be a possibility that a larger percentage of ABDLs have clinical depression compared to the average.  Not sure how one could study that to get an accurate answer, as subscribers to ABDL forums and social media may not accurately represent the population of ABDLs.

You may want to have this topic moved to Restlessfox's Depression Discussion subforum to get answers about medicine and doctors.

I doubt that there's any difference between us and any other group regarding the percentage who have depression or it's severity. It's about the same wherever you look. If there is anything as a link it's probably the self-repression most of us have with this making existing depression worse. Self-acceptance goes a long way to helping with that.

Bettypooh

My Mother was an alcoholic mainly due to depression.  I have several friends who suffer from it, one getting shock therapy and swearing it works, the drugs just didn’t work and caused extreme behavior.  None of these folks are AB/DL.

I don’t think there is a connection, but no expert.  I’m AB and no depression.  I would think that if I did have depression, AB/DL would help, but again, how would I know.

People with depression really are hurting.  I wish there was an easy answer.

• 3 weeks later...

I can’t speak specifically to ABDL, but when the people I encounter in kink in general are either (A) more likely to suffer from mental illness or (B) more likely to talk openly about it.

Perhaps it’s a safe space thing, and mental illness, by comparison to other topics of conversation, is less intrusive to discuss than kink. And when people are open about so much else that is considered top secret, why not be open about mental illness, traditionally, and wrongly, something people hide.

Personally, I think ageplayers and some DLs have stronger and more unusually emotional needs. Hence the desire for a big to care for them, or a little to care for, or the emotional comfort a DL takes in a diaper in addition to the sexual. I mean, how often do we hear people say “it’s not sexual/just sexual for me”?

I really doubt the two things are related to each other. I suffer from depressions and I am a diaper lover. I have been a diaper lover for a long as I can remember my earlies memories go back to the age of three years old while my depressions developed much much later. The first time I felt depressed was at the age of 21 years old. The one thing I can say about it I was well in my thirties when I found out I wasn’t only one with this rather strange desire. Till that time I struggled with my desires and acceptance so not knowing there were others like my could have contributed to my depressions but I do not feel me being a diaper lover is the reason for my depressions. If I feel depressed wearing diapers helps me to cope I feel more relaxed and in contact with myself.