LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Yet another catheter question

So... I'm sure there's been lots of questions like that before mine, I've even looked through some, but... Still feel the need to ask.

Recently I've been thinking of using a foley cath overnight. And I'm not really sure about this.
I've had little experience with catheters before, but it didn't go too well — 1) like many, I found lack of flow sensation unsatisfactory; 2) I usually use the downward position, if you know what I mean, so sitting down with a cath was... less then comfortable.
And yet, I am thinking that maybe doing it overnight will somehow do the trick — we are supposed not to be aware of things while we sleep, so no flow sensation should be OK. Plus, I usually sleep on my stomach, less often on my back, so other problems shouldn't bother me as well. But I'm still unsure if it's OK to do this and whether I should really go through with this plan.
Any thoughts or advice on the matter would be really appreciated...

Edit: I forgot to mention that — all the experience I had was with a catheter draining into a diaper. And this overnight idea is also about wearing a diaper over a cath.
Sorry I didn't say that earlier.

Since you have very little experience using catheters, I would suggest you try and find someone in your area who can show you the proper and safest way to use a catheter. Are any of your friends a nurse? Or maybe a friend of yours knows someone who is a nurse or has a friend who uses catheters all the time who can share with you all the aspects of using catheters.

Ok this really all depends on how endowed you are I guess.  I don’t mean to be crude but if you are a normal guy.  I would say 6 inches or less, the upward should not make a difference. In fact providing you are using 18fr or larger, you should not feel any flow.  

Now begs the question.  Are you using a bed bag, leg bag, diaper?

Since you have very little experience using catheters, I would suggest you try and find someone in your area who can show you the proper and safest way to use a catheter. Are any of your friends a nurse? Or maybe a friend of yours knows someone who is a nurse or has a friend who uses catheters all the time who can share with you all the aspects of using catheters.
No such friends or friends' friends. And even if there were any, I wouldn't have the courage to ask such thing. But thanks for a suggestion anyway.
Ok this really all depends on how endowed you are I guess.  I don’t mean to be crude but if you are a normal guy.  I would say 6 inches or less, the upward should not make a difference. In fact providing you are using 18fr or larger, you should not feel any flow.  
Now begs the question.  Are you using a bed bag, leg bag, diaper?
Ah, of course. I forgot to mention this. I plan on using a diaper. And I'm aware of the risk of UTI that comes with such usage.

I'd recommend that you both look at and move your questions HERE to the "Incontinent Desires" forum as there has been much discussion on this topic there as well as many people with their own experiences to share. I doubt there's anyplace in the world with more information on cath use with diapers than you'll find here ;)

Bettypooh

• Like 1
On 2/10/2019 at 8:56 AM, Bettypooh said:

I'd recommend that you both look at and move your questions HERE to the "Incontinent Desires" forum as there has been much discussion on this topic there as well as many people with their own experiences to share. I doubt there's anyplace in the world with more information on cath use with diapers than you'll find here ;)

Bettypooh

Absolutely!!!

There is a ton of excellent information in the area that Bettypooh suggested!