LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Hi folks, I see lots of posts on here talking about what disposable diapers people are currently wearing and what they have in their stash.   I thought it might be cool to start a similar thread for cloth fans. I wear for genuine need at bedtime but the rest of the time I'm just a DL. Lately though I've been wearing cloth at home in the daytime when I would typically use disposables. I know cloth isn't for everyone but I happen to love the feel and coupled with the environmental side, I see myself using it to occupy the DL side more and more. I've also taken to using it outside the house a bit more without too much hassle. I previously thought this would be impossible. I still use disposables for messing but at this rate that may change too.     

Currently all my diapers, ( day and night thickness) as well as pants and and doublers and from Babykins. This works well but I'd love to hear about how others do cloth diapers and what kinds they wear.

Hi     i mostly use gauze squares from adultclothdiaper.com      Gauze is very soft and stays soft much longer than flannel diapers.   I also use rearz twill prefolds which is very similar to the feel of gauze diapers.  With both types of cloth diapers I use the 6 mil weight of vinyl plastic pants from babykins.com   They are wonderful pants and almost never leak.   I do use gauze doublers from time to time.   I almost never use disposables although the Abena M 4s are very good.  I regret that Curity 21 x 40 gauze diapers and  went out of business around 2005.

This

These can be worn in 5 ways: single light, single heavy, double light, one of each or double heavy

And these The snap-on's are LL Medico 7 mil which have a wide range of size fit. These are 2xl though I can fitr in xsmall to 4xl. The ivory ones are Babykins 14 gauge rubber size xl and the outer pair are A.C. Meidal size large which have a wide range of fit. The wide range are better since you can use them with any of the combinations of diaper mentioned above

and looks like this in use

image.png

which explains why many little girls from the 1950's and even 60's were in pretty full-skirted dresses.Before the Interstate system, many tirps would take two or more hours since the average road speed was about 40 mph: A trip from Tiverton RI to Roxbury, Boston, MA would take 2-1/2 hours.. If a girl could nothold it COMFORTABLY for 2hours or was under 8 years old, she would be in diapers. For a boy or man, the car could be pulled over next to a wooded area, whoich were plentiful in 30+ mile trips, he could get out and go behind a tree, a girl could not. Also girls tended to stay at someone's house for the afternoon, 12:30 to 4:30, in groups of 4 or 5. if two or ore of them were under 8 or could not hold it comfortably for 2 hours, to save on water and keep the bathroom from being tied up, these girls would be in diapers and rubber panties, which were less water (in 1952, a water bill of over $4 in a month was considered a disaster) way to clean than having the toilet, then 5 gallons at a time, being flused 6 or 7 times. Such diapers to ensure dryness were either very thick or used in multiples

Which, along with the stay-dry liner shown here, which was used for several purposes

usually go for 14 - 16 hours and once went 22

I sort of surveyed the market last year before I settled on which washables to make my nappies of choice.  The brands and suppliers were mainly ones I could get over here in the UK, so probably wouldn't be relevant to you.  The types I tried were:

1. 4ft terry squares.  These are great for overnight use if you're a side sleeper, as I am.  I use an additional soaker in the crotch as a kite fold nappy on its own doesn't have a huge amount of material in the crotch.  There's loads at the sides and the back though, so as long as you fasten it up well the risk of leaks is low.  They're not really any good for street wear though, as they are very bulky.  I've got a 34 inch waist btw, and 4 ft squares are plenty big enough.  It's worth trying both pins and Snappis to fasten them - see which you prefer.  I settled on a Snappi for the waist, and added a pin on each leg to reduce risk of leakage.
  2. Leakmaster contour nappies.  I had to get these from the US as I couldn't find anything similar in Europe.  These work well under street clothes with one soaker (as supplied) but I found them too bulky with two soakers.  The downside of these, for me, is that even with a soaker they don't hold much, and I had a few leaks because of this.  I fasten these with a couple of Snappis.
  3. Pocket nappies with side poppers and a PUL lining.  These work really well, and are one of my goto nappies.  The ones I use are from Snuggleblanks.co.uk, and there are some nice babyish prints if you want that.  If you rely on the PUL lining they don't so much before leaking, but with a pair of plastic pants over the top they will hold a lot.  The Snuggleblank soakers are heavy duty, and the nappy is supplied with one of these.  I usually put two in.  Because most of the fabric is in a strip along your crotch, there's not much of a bulge in street clothes.
  4. Shaped nappies with elastic leg guards and waist, fastened with velcro-alike.  Again these are from Snuggleblanks.  They do two variants, one with the padding all integral to the nappy, and one that takes soakers.  I love both of these, and wear them most of the time.  The one-piece nappies are a snug fit so don't show much, but take longer to dry afgter washing.  The pocket ones sag slightly more, and I find them more likely to chafe when walking Binkie (my dog), but that's not a major problem.

In summary, I found that since I want to get through the day with no more than 3 nappies, the shaped ones and the pocket ones work best.  For night use it's a terry square every time.

I was born in July 1964. My family was anti-disposable, so I grew up wearing classic Curity 21x40 inch pinned gauze diapers covered by Gerber vinyl panties. After I was toilet-trained my bladder was tiny and over-active so Mom would nicely wear just-in-case diapers on trips, etc. After I outgrew Gerber Toddler-Large vinyl pants sold in stores Mom ordered larger size from the Gerber factory by mail. At some point I was large enough I needed 2 of the diapers folded together.

These days I wear pinned  square 2-ply gauze diapers from ADC with Gerber Birdseye baby prefolds as soakers. My vinyl pants are KINS 10300 pull-on to bed or whenever those are discreet enough because I have no bladder control.

When I need discreet diapers for work and social events I wear GoodNites Tru-Fit.

Most of my cloth diapers are from Kins (Babykins). They are either the prefolds, Velcro contour diapers, or pin-on contour diapers with doublers (or boosters). Most of my rubber and plastic pants are from Kins also. I did try a pair of high waist plastic pants from Baby Pants and may need to order a few more pair. They cover the larger prefold diapers better than the Kins plastic pants

I have been wearing my own home made terry nappies for years, well it took years to refine the design. I have night and day nappies. Basically two layers of terry with a brushed cotton outer layer (with childish print), for night I have found some 550 gsm terry, really thick towhich I add a soaker, two more layers. All very comfortable and thirsty. Terries rule!!!

• Like 1
On 2/12/2019 at 2:44 AM, Greybird said:

I have been wearing my own home made terry nappies for years, well it took years to refine the design. I have night and day nappies. Basically two layers of terry with a brushed cotton outer layer (with childish print), for night I have found some 550 gsm terry, really thick towhich I add a soaker, two more layers. All very comfortable and thirsty. Terries rule!!!

It's good to see another DIY DL on the forum. ?