LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Health Center pushing AB/DL?

There is a lot of talk about AB/DL wearing diapers in public, pushing a fetish on others that are not into AB/DL. 

I visited an actual Health care store a few times where they sell actual supplies to people with disabilities.....it is a legit establishment. In a leap of chance, one of the partners came upon AB/DL, doing research for incontinence supplies to sell at the store.  When they read into the world of AB/DL, they had an idea to sell AB/DL diapers and supplies such as adult onesies and adult baby stuff in store. They brought this idea to the owner and they agreed, setting up an AB/DL boutique with AB/DL diapers and adult baby supplies in plain sight  of normal customers and people buying stuff for disabilities.  

I've gone here a few times and it was very sweet, nice, reassuring, sensual and great.  I've been there looking at the AB stuff in the view of "normal" customers....I have been approached by a lady that said to me "that is adorable" for the onesie I was holding up to myself.  Another instance had an older man give me a starnge look and he moved to another area of the store.  One more instance had a young lady with an infant, casually smile at me as I was holding a sample of Tykables, lol.   She then footed to another area of the store.

I would like to be a bug on the wall to see peoples reactions of when they first see these items and the entire AB boutique in their "medical supply store"  Surely some of them have to go up to the owners and ask WTF is this!    It's in plain site!.....  Don't get me wrong I freaking love it, but......isn't this a case of pushing the fetish onto non AB/DL?   Wouldn't customers think some sort of kinky shit was going on in that store?  How shocking to people that have no clue of AB/DL. If I were a customer trying to buy aids for my broken leg and saw the AB diapers and stuff....I'd probably get the hell out of there. 

What do the owners tell people?  They must have asked about it all. 

Personally I'd like to have that section hidden away, even just a little bit....  It is sort of hard to look at stuff with some old guy looking and thinking I must be some sort of pervert....I don't like that so I try to go more torwards closing time.   

What do you think......are they pushing this fetish on to non AB/DL??   is it right to sell stuff like that inside a medical supply store??   thoughts and please be honest...thank you...also no hate....lets try this mature.....thanks everyone.    

Don't know what other stuff they are selling there apart from onesies and ABDL diapers, but if it were only these two types of ABDL products, I think it's totally fine. There are non-ABDL onesies which are freaking ugly in many medical stores (they don't call them "onesies", though) and most non-ABDL users love the cute designs of ABDL diapers. So... You know what I mean.

2 hours ago, AluminumBlack said:

There is a lot of talk about AB/DL wearing diapers in public, pushing a fetish on others that are not into AB/DL. 

I visited an actual Health care store a few times where they sell actual supplies to people with disabilities.....it is a legit establishment. In a leap of chance, one of the partners came upon AB/DL, doing research for incontinence supplies to sell at the store.  When they read into the world of AB/DL, they had an idea to sell AB/DL diapers and supplies such as adult onesies and adult baby stuff in store. They brought this idea to the owner and they agreed, setting up an AB/DL boutique with AB/DL diapers and adult baby supplies in plain sight  of normal customers and people buying stuff for disabilities.  

I've gone here a few times and it was very sweet, nice, reassuring, sensual and great.  I've been there looking at the AB stuff in the view of "normal" customers....I have been approached by a lady that said to me "that is adorable" for the onesie I was holding up to myself.  Another instance had an older man give me a starnge look and he moved to another area of the store.  One more instance had a young lady with an infant, casually smile at me as I was holding a sample of Tykables, lol.   She then footed to another area of the store.

I would like to be a bug on the wall to see peoples reactions of when they first see these items and the entire AB boutique in their "medical supply store"  Surely some of them have to go up to the owners and ask WTF is this!    It's in plain site!.....  Don't get me wrong I freaking love it, but......isn't this a case of pushing the fetish onto non AB/DL?   Wouldn't customers think some sort of kinky shit was going on in that store?  How shocking to people that have no clue of AB/DL. If I were a customer trying to buy aids for my broken leg and saw the AB diapers and stuff....I'd probably get the hell out of there. 

What do the owners tell people?  They must have asked about it all. 

Personally I'd like to have that section hidden away, even just a little bit....  It is sort of hard to look at stuff with some old guy looking and thinking I must be some sort of pervert....I don't like that so I try to go more torwards closing time.   

What do you think......are they pushing this fetish on to non AB/DL??   is it right to sell stuff like that inside a medical supply store??   thoughts and please be honest...thank you...also no hate....lets try this mature.....thanks everyone.    

No, since one goes there under one's own volition and if one does not like what one fines one does not go back there again, or one ignores the ABDL items. Onesies are not necessairly ABLDL .. In any case being there is voluntary. Wearing in public is done indiscriminately without regard to who is there and how they might respond. The store has a door and is private property and those who go there are free to not do so if they do not like what they find. I did not see anything as far as I read, enough to get the idea,n your post that was strictly ABDL mentioned/ Beyond that, they may believe that some persons benefit psychologically from using ABDL or what could be considered ABDL-related items. Now, if they had ALG babydolls or rhumba panties, you could pin something on them, but it would still not be "pushing the fetish" since it is by choice, behind a closed door on provate property

Nobody is being forced into anything there. It's up to the owners to decide what they want to do with their store, and anyone who doesn't like it can go elsewhere. It's only where non-involved people have little or no choice about being somewhere that I feel discretion could be a good mandate. Knowing how sensitive a lot of us are about publicity I would have recommended to the owners that they might be wiser putting the ABDL section in a less exposed area but that's all.

Bettypooh

• Like 1

There is a store like this up in Albany, NY that i shop at. Its a medical supply store that also sells AB/DL products. They keep the two products separated but customers wander around the store and sometimes they make it to the opposite side of the store where the AB/DL products are and the looks start. I personally am not bothered by this but its interesting to see.

• Like 1

first up, businesses know that all IC products sit, unless their clients are on retainer with a monthly order. 

second, if a health center wants to stock ABDL products they see it in 2 ways. 1, sell a more expensive and more lucrative product to the people you already sell too. 2, attract more buyers, whether they are into ABDL or not. they dont have to buy it, we sell "normal" stuff too.

third, the intended focus is towards the handicapped and their carers, if you're changing diapers all day long theres no reason they shouldn't be cute or functional. (completely unlike most medical diapers and in store shelved types which demand 8+ changes a day, which is absurd)

fourth and last, it simply looks nicer in the store than the blank white attends or green depends. it actually improves the store in both publicity and appeal, even if people stop and gawk with their mouths agap in disbelief... more than enough will have a positive take away, "oh they sell that too, oh this store has big onesies for your disabled kid i remember because i couldnt beleive it myself." (wheres that person going to go looking for onesies for the first time, not shopping around, but the first place they heard of) 

overall i think its a good thing to stock abdl products, which actually function, over cheap store brands whos only function is to tax women over 50 or 60. as for onesies im not sure how profitable they can be, but i know clothing and it has a high waste rate and low buy rate, but huge mark ups from cost to make and what people are willing to pay for what they "need"

i literally had this conversation with my grandma, she bought cheap store pull ups, she was up in age in her 80s, (shes passed on now, rest in peace nana) she complained that they nearly always leaked, asked her why she still bought them. "its better than nothing and its that much less i have to clean up in the morning" i asked her why doesnt she buy something better. "because i already tried everything else that was on the shelves, none of those worked either, these are at least easy to get on" needless to say it was an awkward conversation that she had started and felt obliged to explain to me after i stumbled upon them while cleaning her house for her.

• Like 1

I love it. Brick and mortar is a hard business, and IC is such a limited market, why not expand. Everyone is going in for Diapers, its not like most are going in for say lawn mowers. ABDL is not such a leap. And I bet even the occasional non ABDL buys some ABDL products for various reasons. Personally I would have a blast shopping in a place like that. The thrill of out in front of everyone, but in an appropriate place is perfect.

I am part of the newer generation of IC folks who don't care. You folks here were so kind and understanding to me years ago when my incon first came on. You answered my questions, and made no judgments about me. That was very helpful. You were also more informative than the incon forums I am also a part of. They call it "TMI", I didn't agree. They also were not judging of me, but they did want me to immediately jump to their lessons learned and I just wasn't ready for full time diaper wear at that point. Well, I'm still involved in these other "true incon" sites, and most folks there don't care either. However, there are some who get very offended if they so much as see the letters ABDL. There was a recent rant at one site about how Northshore added those more colorful daytime diapers and how it offended this one person so much... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you're talking about Personal Care in Indiana, I've spoken with the ladies who run the place and they've told me that selling ABDL stuff has saved their store. Lots of grateful folks come from miles around just to see a store carry ABDL stuff in plain sight and spend plenty of money there.

The Diaper Ladies know from all the changes in medical billing over the past few years that it's ever more difficult to keep a brick and mortar store open without augmenting revenue. They expressed gratitude to us for keeping them open. It's a great example of people helping people and putting aside stigma or embarrassment. 

• Like 4

What is also cute is hearing med techs trying to avoid calling the "diapers" (if they are throw-aways, I have no trouble not calling them "diapers". We always callled them "pampers", "throw-aways" or "paper diapers" and really never considered them "the real thing")

• Like 1

I must assume you are talking about Lara at Personal Care as she is such a wonderful person.  When I went into her store to buy some diapers and a pacifier initially the other lady was helping me out but almost immediately Lara came over clearly understanding that I was ABDL.  She calls her customers who shop for ABDL items her babies.  She truthfully makes it a very comfortable experience when shopping there and it is not taboo in any way discussing your product needs.   You would think as a man buying pink diapers it would be awkward but not when shopping there.

Yeah, I guess there is crossover potential with incontinent people who find they can once again have a bit of fun with their underwear, instead of only being able to wear plain medical diapers... the absorbent capacity of them is likely to be an additional benefit.

ABDLs have always visited medical supply stores to find adult diapers, so they must know that market is out there as well. "Are there really this many completely incontinent people? And a lot of them young?" "Well, actually..."

• Like 1
On 2/11/2019 at 8:26 AM, minachan16 said:

Behold, the power of capitalism. If you buy it, they will sell it.

Exactly, supply and demand. It is very hard to keep a high street shop going at the moment so it makes good business sense to diversify.

Just wish there was such a shop near me.

Maly.

I think a business can sell what they want, they saw a group of people that already bought their products and expanded on that to draw more in. I dont really see this as pushing a fetish on some one. The people who want it buy it the ones who dont can ignore it like happens with every store. 

I absolutely agree. I'd imagine that a guy who objected to that would absolutely freak out from buying underwear at Penneys..."There are women's panties right over there in the next aisle!"

I cant see any problem with this. After all they are selling diapers in a store that sells... diapers. To most unaware folk, they are just a range of more colourful - and frankly, vastly superior - diapers. I imagine a lot of non-ABDL people buy them just for some relief from the appalling institutional design and style of regular diapers. And onesies are a staple of 24/7 diaper wearing and institutional versions are ugly and awful while actual onesies actually work. 

And of course, these stories are also after more sales and all power to them.

Anyone that complained about it would be one of those cranky sods that complains about everything.

I'm on NSC's mailing list that's targetted at the normal healthcare client.   They did run a small blurb suggesting that "Why use boring white diapers" and suggesting some of their AB line.

• Like 1