LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Good Reads?

Is anyone that writes an author on Good Reads? I've joined as one to see what it is about. Apparently, they already had all of my Amazon published books there.

I'm not on Good Reads, but I think pretty much every book that is published is listed on there (I know all of mine is) If I do claim any of my books it will be my non-kinky ones. I'm a bit worried about outside people finding out about my kinky ones (haha) not sure how it helps with reviews - they sure can be a real pain. Sometimes you have to beg people to leave one practically.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, mamabug said:

I'm not on Good Reads, but I think pretty much every book that is published is listed on there (I know all of mine is) If I do claim any of my books it will be my non-kinky ones. I'm a bit worried about outside people finding out about my kinky ones (haha) not sure how it helps with reviews - they sure can be a real pain. Sometimes you have to beg people to leave one practically.

I've used a pen name for my kinky books. I have no other books so I'll burn that bridge when I cross it.

I'd love to have some reviews but I won't beg for them. If they don't like them enough to give a review, I don't want to brow beat them into it.  I've tried to give folks an opportunity to get my books free or in the case of my bigger book, a greatly reduced price.

It will be what it will be.

7 minutes ago, BoTox said:

I've used a pen name for my kinky books. I have no other books so I'll burn that bridge when I cross it.

I'd love to have some reviews but I won't beg for them. If they don't like them enough to give a review, I don't want to brow beat them into it.  I've tried to give folks an opportunity to get my books free or in the case of my bigger book, a greatly reduced price.

It will be what it will be.

I use a pen name too for my kinky books. They're like a side thing for me, so perhaps that's why i don't really worry about 'claiming' 

Haha, okay I don't really beg. But every person that told me they bought my book, I've asked them and told them I would appreciate it if they would leave a review. Out of 45 copies behind sold, I have 2 reviews, better than nothing and books were being sold without reviews, so I guess that is a good thing as well, right.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, NWayne said:

Getting reviews can be a pain. They are very helpful but difficult to get readers to post.

On Good Reads, I've followed you and left a review of your book. I hope that helps.

29 minutes ago, mamabug said:

I use a pen name too for my kinky books. They're like a side thing for me, so perhaps that's why i don't really worry about 'claiming' 

Haha, okay I don't really beg. But every person that told me they bought my book, I've asked them and told them I would appreciate it if they would leave a review. Out of 45 copies behind sold, I have 2 reviews, better than nothing and books were being sold without reviews, so I guess that is a good thing as well, right.

If you will permit me to know your pen name, I'll follow you as well.

I figure us kinky writers can support each other.

12 hours ago, BoTox said:

On Good Reads, I've followed you and left a review of your book. I hope that helps.

If you will permit me to know your pen name, I'll follow you as well.

I figure us kinky writers can support each other.

Thanks! I appreciate that. What's your pen name? Once I figure out how to work my app I'll follow you as well!

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, mamabug said:

I agree we need to support each other! (who else will ;) )

My pen name is Red Queen 

Following! Added your book to my Good Reads "want to read" list.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

So, after a little over a month, I've gotten very little out of Good Reads. I guess it is good to claim my page and have my books listed but so far nothing else has come of it. We'll see.

Anyone else have any feedback through Good Reads?

• 1 month later...
On 4/16/2019 at 12:56 PM, NWayne said:

I haven't seen any increase in sales or any difference from Good Reads that I can see.

Me either but it is one more way to reach the reader so it doesn't hurt to keep it updated from time to time.

My travel guides have been reviewed on that site. I don’t understand how it works, but I have noted that I have more reviews on Good Reads than on Amazon.

Personally, the only times I’ve used good reads were in search of fiction recommendations, and I thought the site was lousy and not helpful in that regard.

I’m surprised people would use it to find a travel guide, or bother to review it there. My books are only for sale through Amazon, and I’d expect most people who left a review to do it on the site they bought it from. I’d also appreciate more reviews left on Amazon; I’m sure they do more to help sales.

My main competitor has ~200 reviews to my ~20, though I’m on track to have my best year yet. It will pay for my vacation, which will let me finish the book I’m releasing early next year, and still leave enough for some home improvement.

• Like 1