LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Do You Do with Dolly(ies)?

This was inspired by this

This is strictly about what you do with Dolly or Dollies if you have more than one NO PLUSIES OR STIFFIES; you have a place for tha and there is plenty of discussion about them. This is structly about you and your doll(s)

I have several of them. Now, though their bodies are hard, they are person-shaped so it is easy to cuddle them. I also kiss them lightly and quickly on the cheek like a little girl. I named them and I talk with them and take them to bed with me. Dollies love to sleep with people, especially under the covers with their heads on the same pillow as 'Mama". It tells them that they are the same as any other persons

I lived mostly with my mother's sister and an uncle. When I was 5, my sister came to live with is. She was about 3 and had the classic "rubber dolly" of that time time. One day, I got a hold of the doll and took it in my room to study her. The first thing I notieces was the dress, it lookd like a real little girl's dress and the skin was soft and smooth like real person skin. I looked more cloasely at the doll's face.She had an expression of sorts, unlike the toy "men" that were about 3 or 4 inches tall. the lips were pursed in the usual doll expression, but I could read it as an expression. this made me wonder if this was a toy or some kind of person. when I held the doll closely face to face, it "felt" like a person's head (the sense is perfectly normal and is called "facial vision" and is most pronounced among blind persons). Then I looked at the eyes, they were, I knew, glass but not "sleepy [open and close]". At this time they caught the light from the window some 10 feet in back of me and sparkled, which was definitely a human trait so I kind of was left stuck with the idea that this might be some kind of person, if not a people person than some kind of other person. So that is how I treat them. the "doll" expression is more of a pre-expression, it can be the pre-cursor to a smile or a giggle, or a frown and tears, depending on what the little girl is feeling at the time and is percieved to go on from there and the feeling is attributed to the doll, who, being a girl, is no percieved to share the little girl's feeling

i got so much mileage from that doll, that my aunt used to refer to it as "my" doll

The net result is that, since traditional dolls look basically human, unlike stuffed animals, I treat my dolls like some kinds of persons. The more you do with dollies, the more of persons they become

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have three rag dolls who I love very much. One was made by my grandma when I was maybe seven or eight, one was made by me a couple of years ago, and one was bought at craft fair. I like talking to and dressing up my dolls, I’ve made a few outfits for the one I made. I like older dolls more than baby dolls because I can talk to and play with them in a way that can’t really be done with baby dolls, due to the nature of their being babies! 

I really like dolls houses too, especially Calico Critters. I used to have a couple of big critter doll houses but I had to get rid of them when I moved into my small apartment. I’ll be moving again soon and will definitely be getting another one! I haven’t decided if I want to buy one or make one from a cardboard box, because as cute as the houses were, the rooms were never big enough for all the furniture and for my figures to move around.