LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper Pail Advice

I don’t wear diapers 24/7, but I wear often enough to think about investing in a diaper pail. Basically, I wear when I have free time for the most part, and I go through a decent amount of diapers a week. 

Two questions I have are should I invest in a diaper pail, and which ones would you guys recommend? Any pointers would be helpful too.

I can answer this easy DONT! I have a 5 ot ten dollar trash can with a lid , it works like a charm , i am IC my aide is the father of 4 kids he tried every diaper pail diaper genie , dekcor disposal system on earth, none where worth the price of admission , since I use alot of diapers I have several one that is used solely for for my primary diaper , it's seasonal in the late spring summer I use ATN !NS supreme for going out and about with nights in cloth fall and winter when I hardly go out i wear cloth primarily all the time so one is a pail that is dirty diaper hamper and one is a garbage pail for throwing out diapers and wipes , i honestly don't even buy traditional toilet paper all that often because wipes work better and can't really be flushed ,even the flushable ones have built up in the plumbing requiring major plumbing work .spend the money on a humble simple pail and some new dips , the current pail has been fairly well abused by me running into or over but its still doin the job 11 years later , you could say i am diaper using machine like a robot that does the same think over and over using electric or gas but i run on diapers anywhere from 5-9 a day , my bowels do not function normaly I am either impacted and bleeding on my own that the doctors dont want, i use a medication that removes my bodies vote and forces a soft bowel movement 4 times a day on average ready or not , obviously it would be great if it coincided with my routine changes but often it doesnt , it can happen before during or after a change . So again this humble pair of pails have been on the job 11 years taking all manner of wet messy diapers without complaint .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Agreed. A big garbage bin with a lid is best. It holds more diapers than a diaper genie or any other "baby" product. Also the openings to put diapers in those pails won't allow for adult diapers. Mine has a foot pedal to open the lid which is handy. The pail on the left with the lid is for disposable diapers and the smaller pail on the right is for my nighttime terry lined diaper covers. This system works well for me.

image.jpg

I bought two plastic buckets (that's pails if you're in the US), with lids, for next to nothing.  When one's full it goes in the outhouse & the other one comes up to the bathroom.  When they're both full, they go in the washing machine.  If I wore disposables I wouldn't bother with the buckets: when I wear disposables (rarely these days) I just bag them & put them in the dustbin (that's the garbage can).  Usually in a bag of kitchen rubbish.

My diaper trash can I purchased it from Dollar General it is a 7.5 gal Touch Top lid that Pops up it cost $11. Works great it holds about 15-20 soiled diapers and I empty it twice a week. And to keep any smells down I sprinkle a little Tea Tree Oil in the bottom of the can.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I use the Janibell Akord and it’s great for me. I’m IC so I go through about 5 diapers a day and empty it every 2-3 days.

https://janibell.com/products/m330da

On 2/2/2019 at 4:15 PM, Smash-N-Dash said:

I appreciate the tips guys. I’m thinking a simple garbage can will work out the best, and way more affordable too. I’m gonna have to pick one up next time I’m at Walmart.

While you're there, look in the paint section where you'll find white snap-on lids for 5 gallon paint buckets, along with that kind of bucket in various colors. Mine is a pretty turquoise color :) With the lid snapped tightly they're airtight, but they are a b!tch to get off that way so I just press the lid down gently in the center which will do well enough in containing odors. Hals a box of baking soda at the bottom helps too. To empty it I gently remove the lid, put a trash bag over it, then flip the bucket over. There might be a big blast of odor in that process so beware, but otherwise it's an effective and cheap way to deal with used diapers ;)

Bettypooh

I appreciate all the tips, guys. I ended up getting a smaller (8 gallon or so) stainless steel trash can with a foot pedal-activated lid. So far it works great, though I wish I would’ve bought one a little bigger. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20.