LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Video Game: Diaper Legend Odyssey

Little Red Demon

A few days ago I played Weston Academy and Momsterous.  Both of these games are fairly incomplete (but still very enjoyable), and I really felt like I've been missing out on playing diaper related games.  I've been working on my own game for a while that is non-fetish related that I hope to sell, so I have quite a bit of skill using Gamemaker Studio.  I decided I'm going to start making a diaper focused game that will play similarly to the old school Zelda games (like Link to the Past) but it will also have fun dialog scenes.  I already have a lot of code done for my other game that will speed up the development of this (but still be patient with me, I'm a busy guy). Today I came up with a setting that I really like for it and wanted to get some input from the community.

Since ancient times, evil forces have plagued humanity, but there exists a sword of unknown origin strong enough to fight off the monsters.  However, this sword is cursed.  The first hero to wield the sword found himself struck with incontinence.  While he saved the town, many people shunned him and he eventually perished.  New heroes took up the same blade, but every time they found themselves permanently incontinent after using the sword.  The people began to understand the sword's cruel nature.  Due to the necessity to slay the monsters, the people educated each other and promoted a world of acceptance towards incontinence and diaper wearing, so much so that people were comfortable with wearing and even changing diapers in public.

Finding heroes was still difficult.  Aside from causing permanent incontinence, the sword is simply magically sharp.  You could probably call it a +7 Vorpal Sword of Incontinence.  The path of a hero is full of danger.  Losing your nerve as your pee and poop yourself while fighting monsters in not an option.  You are about to embark on this quest.  Do you have what it takes to be a diaper legend?

Some more details about the game.  It's called Diaper Legend Odyssey (as noted in the title).  I will let you choose your sex (M/F), character name, town name, world name, hairstyle, and skin color.  You will be able to customize your clothing and equip different abdl type items.  Dialogs will have ad-lib features for the character name, town name, and world name allowing for extra fun.  Dialogs will show full body portraits similar to Fire Emblem, CrossCode, etc (these are dynamically loaded, so there's no limits).  I hope to have many poses like npcs checking your diaper, changing you, patting your bum, etc).  I'm using Gamemaker 1.43, so I'll release this to PC, Mac, Android, and iOS.  It gonna be a long wait though guys and gals.  I hope to get a demo made in the next couple months and release it to get some artists on board to help.  While I can draw and make music, I'm a bit of a jack of all trades (Not really an expert at anything, just decent, but I have determination to never stop).  I work a full time job to finish paying my student loans and I spend a lot of time on my other game design (but working on this even gives me some good ideas/practice for my other game, so I don't mind dividing my time a bit).

Let me know what you think!

Edit: Here's a quick logo I made for the startup to give you an idea of my artistic ability.

spr_AO_GUI_Startup_Logo_0.png

Good to see the enthusiasm to make such a game, though the story sounds a bit lacking atm.

What I mean is, the diaper part of the game sort of seems thrown in there rather than being an important/integral piece of the story, but at the same time, it seems to be the only piece of the story so far with not much else to go on.

Weston academy at least had a story set-up that (while not flawless) had a proper reason to integrate diapers into it's story, though it lack them having any proper influence on the gameplay.

A game you might want to look up is, shrink high.

It's a game revolving around shrinking, and manages to flawlessly revolve the story around it as well as make good use of it in it's gameplay.

All that said, I hope this project goes well for you, as I always enjoy action-RPG games, and namely just enjoy anything zelda related, including in terms of gameplay style :P

Thanks for the advice Little Crusader!  I suppose I wrote the setting of the world rather than any actual story, but I do plan on having a proper story for it as well.  I'll start the game explaining the player character's motivations for taking on the sword (one example could be they lost family to the monsters and started wetting the bed and found they liked diapers, although I'm sure I could come up with a plethora of motivations).  I'd also like to expand upon the sword's origin sometime midway through the game (who made it and why).  Also, what are the forces of evil exactly (perhaps there are some interesting characters running that side of things). 

I'll see if I can find Shrink High.  I'm sure I'll enjoy it, and I'm always looking to improve my artistic techniques.  Writing probably is one of my weaker skills honestly, which is why I posted this to get feedback.  Your help is appreciated ?

Getting some help from community members is something I'd welcome, but I don't want to ask for help until I have a playable demo made.  That way people can see immediate implementations of any work submitted.  It's also easier to judge what exactly is needed at that point.  My other project is a side scrolling action platformer, so I have a nice framework for controls (keyboard, gamepad, and touch screen) and menu settings, but I still have a lot of things I need to modify to make it isometric style (which should be a lot simpler overall since there's no gravity).

I mean, no gravity less you wan't some jumping puzzles (a form of puzzle that the 2D zelda games eventually started doing :P ), but fair.

Well I'm happy to lend a bit of a hand if you ever want/need, though I only have skills in area of design, so I know nothing of coding beyond the fact that it's as annoying as it is hard :P 

Yeah, I would still have pseudo gravity for hopping down places and such (just meant it's easier to code that).  I'm pretty decent at coding (studied engineering in college) and I've used this engine for 6 years now.  Thanks for offering to help!  I'd be happy to have you join the team as an artist or designer after I release a demo.  I can tell from your patreon site that you have quite a bit of talent.

• 1 month later...

Update:  Making progress, but no demo yet.  Just wanted to let people know that I have an isometric movement system with multi-layered cliffs set up (still gotta make the jump downs though).  Made an icon for the game that I based on an abdl symbol (I like to think of it as diaper love).  This icon will also be the HP hearts in the game.  I watched some videos of Shrink High to get a better idea of how to revolve the gameplay around diapers.  I'm thinking that a vorpal sword might be a little too violent for this type of game.  I still want combat in the game, but I think I can make it cuter somehow.  My idea to revolve the gameplay around diapers is to make your HP actually be how much you've used your diaper.  As you progress the game, the quality of your diapers improve somehow (not exactly sure, perhaps you can afford better ones or you find things to improve your town's economy and they offer better ones).  Basically, that is how you will start with 3 hearts like in Zelda, but later have a lot more (not settled on a number, but 20ish might be okay).  To heal, you have to either have someone change your diaper (kinda like a Pokemon Center) or you could maybe change yourself (but only are able to carry so many spares, like potions in Zelda).  Would love to hear what people think on this.  I'm pretty busy with work and my other game, so it still might be a little while til I release a demo.

D_LegendOdyssey_Icon_128x128.png

Another change I thought of.  Instead of finding a weapon, you obtain a Voiding Curse (which nullifies all damage but also your bladder/bowel).  This provides an easy explanation as to why you'd become a hero and need diapers, while allowing you to upgrade and customize your weapon.  Not sure how I want to handle being defeated.  I could do a blacking out scenario like in Pokemon where you wake up back in town.  If I want to explain actual game over on defeat, the only things I can think of involve the monsters imprisoning you or transforming you into a monster somehow.

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone,

I know it's been a long time and still no demo sadly.  I am still working on this when I can.  My co-worker broke his ankle a couple months ago.  I've had very little free time, but I'm back to a semi-normal schedule now.  In the past few months, I transferred my projects to Gamemaker Studio 2.0, which is a lot more capable than its predecessor.  I learned how to do everything I was doing in the old engine in the newer one as well as some newer stuff.  I also refined my artistic abilities a good deal as shown in my picture here.  I made this model using DesignDoll to better see the shading, the face is based on Sarah from Weston Academy.  Hope you guys like the art, and I'll keep you posted on any other interesting developments.

Screenshot.png