LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Blood pressure meds and wetting

Spanky

This kinda just dawned on me.  In the  morning,  I  always wet way, way more than what I should considering the fluids that I  take in.

I take my blood pressure meds in the morning.  They must be ridding my body of  excess fluids. 

Today,  for example,  I came home this morning and used the potty then put on a  large Northshore Megamax diaper with a large Northshore booster pad in it.  I  had two 12 oz beverages and went to bed.  It's now 1 PM and my diaper is an absolute balloon,  its huge, really soaked.  It's way more fluid than the 24 oz that I  took in. 

I hadn't drank any other liquid since about 3:30 in the morning at work. 

My only conclusion is that my BP meds drew water out of my body. 

It depends on your BP medication.  If you’re taking Lasix or its generic equivalent or another medication with HCTZ, then you’re taking a diuretic which will definitely increase your kidney output. If this is a new prescription, you’ll have much increased output for a couple of days.  Kind of like squeezing a sponge.  Once past the initial surge, output will track with input. 

Probably not. Frontline meds of many kinds, BP, glaucoma and others tend to be beta-blockers. The diuretics were big doings 33 years ago, when DPF'ers used to talk about  having a Lassix party and blow through 3 diapers. I do not even know where diuretics are in the protocols now. I am taking Attenalol and Cordura (Docsizosin(sp?)). if he put me on a diuretic, I would need diapers for sure. I was taken off Hydrochlorothyazie because it gave me the gout in 2009 for which I now take allopurinol