LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Babies of Madison High

The following Thursday I again came home to find my father home early.   Something was up and the last time he was home early was the beginning of the baby phase.   This didn’t seem good.

“Sit down, son,” my father started.   “We’ve got something to tell you.”

I plopped down on the floor, happy that the padding of the diaper softened the impact.

“Some of your old friends, Mark, Kevin, Tony, and Frank, were smoking pot yesterday and then decided to take Tony’s mother’s car and go for a joy ride.   They were speeding and got into a pretty bad wreck.”

The shock hit me hard.   Even though these boys had pretty much abandoned our friendship after I became a baby, they were my old gang.   I thought about this hard.   If I hadn’t been a baby now, there’s a good chance I’d have been with them.    We always hung together.

“Are they OK?” I asked.

My mother swallowed.   She started to answer but couldn’t.   She turned to my father for assistance.

“Tony is dead,” he said.   “The rest are banged up pretty badly, but they’ll recover.”

I just stared out in space.   Tony dead?   “That could have been me,” I said out loud.   I ran up to my room.   I looked around confused.   Finally, I grabbed Oliver and plopped down on the floor clutching him and bawled away into his fur.

My mother came up and sat beside me and held me.    I just clung to the bear.  After a bit, she led me to the table and changed my diaper.   Had a diaper kept me from being in that accident?   Kept me from being killed.

“The funeral for Tony is Saturday,” she was finally able to say.   I just nodded.

Saturday morning, Mom dressed me in that white suit that had been in my closet.    She paused and then came back with some black fabric and pinned it into an armband for me.    We got into the car and headed toward the church.

“There isn’t going to be a viewing,” Mom said.   Tony’s parents wanted you all to remember him like he was when he was alive.    We sat in the church and listened to the service.    I stared at the coffin.   Tony was in there.   Dead.   I’d never see him again.   I started to tear up.

After the service, we got into cars and made a procession to the cemetery.   Dad got the stroller out of the back of the car as Mom released me from the car seat.   My legs were too weak at this point to make a complaint, and I let Dad push me over the grass to the gravesite.   I looked around.   The other surviving Mad Men were there.    They had a collection of casts and bandages.    I just nodded to Mark.   He nodded back but then just looked away.    There was nothing to be said.

After the graveside service, Dad started to push me back to the car.   Mom lingered a bit to offer condolences to Tony’s parents. And got back to the car just as Dad had finished buckling me in.   We went home in silence.

I moped around the house for the rest of the weekend.   These guys had been my friends even if they had ditched me when I became a baby.    I wanted to ask Mark how he was doing.    I wanted to know how it had happened.   Was I concerned that it could have been me in that car?   It could have been me in that casket rather than Tony.

Monday rolled around, and by then the news had hit the school, and the rumors were flying.     Mark seemed to still be out at home, and I didn’t see any of the other Mad Men.   Were they still too banged up to go to school.    I talked to the other babies at lunch, and they were generally supportive.   Many of them had been a bit on the wild side before they got converted as well.

I pretty much tried to put it out of my mind as the week went past.   On Wednesday, Mom dropped a surprise on me while she was changing me.

“Friday is our anniversary.    Your father and I are going out to dinner and a play.    We’ll be out pretty late,” she said.   Ok, so they’re not going to be home.   That’s fine by me, I thought.

“I thought about getting a sitter for you,” she continued.    Ugh, I thought.   Just because I’m sitting around in diapers doesn’t mean I need someone to watch me all the time.    But I let it slide.    “I thought you might want to sleep over at Lexie’s that night.”

Well, there was the first good thing I’ve heard in a long time.   “Sure mom, that’d be fine.”

“I’ll pack all your stuff and drop it over there.   You can go home from school with Lexie on Friday.”

I couldn’t wait to tell Lexie.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Pierry Louys said:

I have a question , how old is Jakie and what his size since I see his mother and father can carry him !

Freshman year, so probably about 13 or 14.

Friday afternoon I followed Lexie home from school.   She was wearing one of her usual cute dresses, and I had a short set on.   “How are you holding up?” she asked.

“Are you talking about Tony dying or just things in general?” I asked.

“Either one.”

“Well, Tony’s gone.  The guys were all friends of mine, and I feel sad, but they pretty much abandoned me of late, so I guess it’s less worrisome.    As for the other thing, yeah, I get into a funk from time to time wondering why I’m going through this.    Of course, one thing I also thought about was that since I’m going through this, I wasn’t in the car the other day.”

“Yeah, that’s a mixed bag.    I still get depressed, too.   Especially when sitting in a poopy diaper.    I can take most everything else.”

We got to her house, and Lexie’s mom took us right up to her room for changes.   Lexie got on the table first.    She was wearing the pink pony diapers.   I looked away while Lexie was naked but turned back as she was hopping off the table.   She hadn’t put her diaper cover back on, so the pink diapers were nicely exposed.

I got up next, and Lexie’s mom pulled off my shorts.    She removed my plain white diaper and cleaned me up.   This was a bit odd as this was the first time someone other than my mom had changed me.    She reached down and then paused.   “I don’t suppose you want a pink diaper.”   I shook my head.  “These will look cute on you.”   She pulled out a diaper that had little teddy bears all over it.   Something to reinforce that these things were intended to make me look like a baby.   

Lexie leaned over and whispered, “I think they look cute on you.”    I didn’t get my shorts back either.   We went down to the basement rec room to play.   It was full of stuffed animals and other toys but it did include a video game system, and we set down to play that.    I kept stealing glances at Lexie in her pink diaper.   It wasn’t helping my gameplay.

“If you’re just going to ogle me instead of the TV, let’s play catch or something,” she smiled.   I blushed.  She picked up a large ball from the corner and bounced it toward me.   He had “a ball” playing with that for a while.   At least I had a reason to keep looking in her direction.

Dinner was announced, and we went upstairs.   My high chair was next to Lexie’s, part of the stuff my Mom had dropped off, no doubt.   We were bibbed, and Lexie’s mother dropped plates of chicken nuggets and sauce in front of us.   This was cool, some of the most adult food other than PBJ sandwiches I’d had in a long time.    Lexie picked up a nugget, dunked it in the sauce, and pushed it towards my mouth.   She intentionally missed, smearing sauce on my face.   I picked one up off my plate and reciprocated.   By the time we had finished, we had sauce all over our faces and hands.

Lexie’s mother returned and shook her head.   She got some wipes and cleaned us up.   She let us down from the chair and headed for the living room.   Lexie followed along behind her, so I followed Lexie.    Her mother sat down on the sofa and Lexie positioned herself on her lap.   Her mother opened her shirt and exposed a breast that Lexie quickly took in her mouth and started to suck.

I was floored.   I mean, I knew babies were breastfed, and I knew that many of us Madison High babies got the full treatment.    I watched for a few minutes and then she got up.   Lexie’s mom reached out for me.

“Go on,” Lexie said.   “It’s OK.”

I got on the sofa, and Lexie’s mom maneuvered me to her other breast.    I paused but then took the nipple in my mouth and started to suck.   It took me a minute to get the position right, but then I was rewarded with the warm, sweet liquid.   This was different than the cow’s milk I had gotten in the bottle, even when it had been warmed.

After feeding, Lexie and I were left alone.   “How did you like that?” she asked me.

“It was different,” I kind of hemmed.

“I like it.    I feel so much closer to Mom now.    It sorta makes up for the trauma of going through all this.”

I just nodded at that.    Perhaps it would.     A few minutes later, Lexie’s mom took us up and stripped us out of our clothes and took us to the bathroom.   The tub was drawn with lots of bubbles.    “Bubbles!” Lexie cried.

“Yes, Jakie’s mother sent the bubble bath over with his stuff,” Lexie’s mother explained.   I guess this was something Lexie didn’t have.    We got into the tub together.    At this point I had been trying to avoid staring at Lexie.   I mean, I had always loved looking at her legs and lately at the pink diaper.   I even stole glimpses while she was changing, but I’d never seen her completely naked.    She had cute breasts, too.    I got quick thought of sucking on one like I’d done her mother’s, but put that quickly out of mind.

I was also happy to be sitting obscured in the bubbles.   My penis was as erect as it possibly could be and I was a little embarrassed by it.     We spent time splashing each other while Lexie’s mother attempted to make sure we washed.   She got me out of the tub and dried me off.    I was wrapped in my towel and then she proceeded to dry off Lexie.   I got a full view of the wet naked girl during this process, again happy to be obscured by the towel.

We were led back to the bedroom.    I got my cloth diaper and plastic pants put on and then was helped into my normal full-length sleeper.    Lexie also got a cloth diaper.   Her mother helped her into her nightwear.   It was a satin onesie like thing but without crotch snaps.    She looked beautiful as ever.   I was happy her legs were still exposed.

We went over to the crib.   Oliver was there along with one of Lexie’s bears.    We climbed inside, and Lexie’s mom reached in and kissed us each goodnight.   She shut off the light and left the room.    I was holding on the Oliver throughout this process, but suddenly he was snatched away from me.   Lexie threw him and her bear over the side.   “It’s too crowded in here with both of us and both of them.   Oliver and Max will have to sleep on the floor.”   She giggled, and I joined in.

I wished there had been more light in the room.   I would have loved to stare more at Lexie in her nightie.   She however compensated by snuggling close up against me.    I put my arms around her and felt the smooth fabric of her outfit.    I moved my hands down her back and over the diaper area feeling the bulk of that.    I moved down and touched the inside of her leg.    This was the first time I’d ever had my hands on her bare skin.    It was so incredibly soft.    She snuggled tighter as I idly moved over her.   I reached a finger under the hem of the leg hole.   She giggled, “Naughty!” she scolded.

I pulled back.   “No, it’s OK,” she admitted.   I guess Mom feels these diapers and sleepers are enough of a chastity belt to keep us out of trouble.    We both giggled.   We snuggled some more.

Jakie,” she finally said.

“Yes.”

“I’ve been watching you for a long time.   Even before  you were a baby.   I had this insane idea that you were interested in me even though I was a baby.”

“It’s not insane.   I was interested in you.    I thought you had the cutest legs.”

“I’ll have to confess that I was happy when you got turned into a baby.   It gave me hope.”

“Well, I was just happy that if I had to be a baby, that you were there.”

At this point we kissed.   It was short but electrifying.    Then we kissed again.   Longer this time.   After a while we drifted off to sleep in each other’s arms.

• Like 3

Baby love, or at least love in diapers. I like the idea. I hope it has a chance to develop into something more.

I am enjoying this and hope the story continues for a while, or at least to an acceptable end. Please, no cliffhangers and forget the story .

23 hours ago, willnotwill said:

I've got a bit more in store for Tykie and the rest of the babies.    

Really loved you way that you show the life of little jakie and his first puppy love heheh 

i can only imagine they visiting um museum whit they mommies and walking hand by hand even when being changed heeh

I awoke early and had a hard time placing my surroundings.    I was in a crib, but it wasn’t mine, but then I felt someone moving next to me.   Ah, yes.   I’m in Lexie’s crib.

“Are you up?” she asked

“Yes,” I said.   With that, she launched into a long kiss.    This was interrupted by Lexie’s mom entering the room.

“Time to get up.  Jakie’s dad will be here in a short while to pick him up.”

I was disappointed that my stay was coming to an end.    Like my mother, Lexie’s mother held a running conversation while she was changing me and getting me dressed.     I wondered where my mother was if dad was picking me up.

“She’s got some errands to do this morning.   Besides, it will be easier getting your high chair and the like back to the car with your father.”

She put Lexie and me into playsuits, and we went down for breakfast.   I got another turn at being breastfed, and then my father was there.   He loaded up the car and finally led me out.   I was clutching on to Oliver and turned for one last look at Lexie.   She blew me a kiss.

As soon as I got home, I wrote Lexie a note telling her what a great time I had.   For the first time since this whole thing started, I felt good.   Elated.    Perhaps I could get through this.    As the morning wore on, my diaper was getting progressively wetter.    I also needed to poop, but mom wasn’t home yet.

I held it off as long as possible, but finally stood and released my bowels.    I went downstairs.   “Um, Dad,” I started.   I hadn’t yet had to ask him for a change, and while he had watched while Mom did it a few times, he hadn’t done one himself.

He looked at me, and I looked at him.   “I really need it.”   He nodded and led me upstairs.    He wasn’t chatty like mom was, but he methodically cleaned me up and got me into a fresh diaper.   I looked for signs that maybe he would think that this was just too much to continue with, but I saw nothing.

Mom still wasn’t home at lunchtime, but dad gave me some PBJ sandwiches and a bottle.   I killed more time and Mom finally came home in the late afternoon.   “How was your night at Lexie’s,” Mom asked.

“It was fun,” I admitted.   

“Did you and Dad do OK this morning?”

“Well, he had to change a poopy diaper, but he seemed to do OK.”  Mom just smiled.

“Yes, well he had to sooner or later.   I’m not supposed to be the one doing all the changes.    It was pretty  much the same the first time you were a baby.”

I bristled at the “first time” part of this.    Mom continued.   “I hear you got to breastfeed over there.   How’d you like that?”

I nodded.    “It was, um, different.”   I had kind of liked it.

“I hadn’t decided yet if I should go through the process, but I think now I will.   It’s going to take a bit of work to get me lactating again.”   Well, there it was.   More effort.   I wasn’t getting out of diapers any time soon.    I moped around the house until it came to Monday morning.   My mood improved at the thought of seeing Lexie again.

As I was walking into the school, I caught sight of another baby boy ahead of me, and I hastened my pace to catch up.    When I got to see who it was, I realized it was Mark.   He glared at me.     “Get away from me, freak,” he said.

“But, Mark,” I pleaded.   

“Get away.   It’s your fault I’m dressed up like a freaking baby.”

“My fault?” I said with incredulity.

“Yeah, your fault.    It was bad enough that the doctors told me I likely would need diapers as a result of the injuries from the crash.   But then your mother talked my mother into turning me into a baby like you.   I hate you.” And with that, he hustled off.   I just stood there confused.

I was shaken out of my state when I felt someone grab me.  I turned in anger but then saw it was Lexie and smiled.    “What’s up with you?” she asked.

“Sorry, Lexie.  You surprised me.  That, and I just saw my old friend Mark.    He’s now a baby.”

“Really?” Lexie said.

“Yeah, but he’s not any friendlier toward me.   He blames me for it happening.”

“Well, it was probably them going on the joyride that killed a kid that did it,” Lexie rationalized.

“Yeah, but it still hurt.”     We talked until we had to go to class.     At lunchtime, I headed to the babies’ table but noticed the Mad Men all sitting by themselves.   They were all babies now.    I went over to say hello, but Mark intercepted me.

“I told you we don’t want you around.   Get it through your head.”     I was taken aback but went back to my regular table to sit with Lexie.

“It appears all the Mad Men are now babies,” I told her.   “But they don’t want anything to do with me.”

“They’ll come around, eventually,” Lexie said.  “They always do.   They’ll find they need to.”

• Like 3
10 hours ago, willnotwill said:

I awoke early and had a hard time placing my surroundings.    I was in a crib, but it wasn’t mine, but then I felt someone moving next to me.   Ah, yes.   I’m in Lexie’s crib.

“Are you up?” she asked

“Yes,” I said.   With that, she launched into a long kiss.    This was interrupted by Lexie’s mom entering the room.

“Time to get up.  Jakie’s dad will be here in a short while to pick him up.”

I was disappointed that my stay was coming to an end.    Like my mother, Lexie’s mother held a running conversation while she was changing me and getting me dressed.     I wondered where my mother was if dad was picking me up.

“She’s got some errands to do this morning.   Besides, it will be easier getting your high chair and the like back to the car with your father.”

She put Lexie and me into playsuits, and we went down for breakfast.   I got another turn at being breastfed, and then my father was there.   He loaded up the car and finally led me out.   I was clutching on to Oliver and turned for one last look at Lexie.   She blew me a kiss.

As soon as I got home, I wrote Lexie a note telling her what a great time I had.   For the first time since this whole thing started, I felt good.   Elated.    Perhaps I could get through this.    As the morning wore on, my diaper was getting progressively wetter.    I also needed to poop, but mom wasn’t home yet.

I held it off as long as possible, but finally stood and released my bowels.    I went downstairs.   “Um, Dad,” I started.   I hadn’t yet had to ask him for a change, and while he had watched while Mom did it a few times, he hadn’t done one himself.

He looked at me, and I looked at him.   “I really need it.”   He nodded and led me upstairs.    He wasn’t chatty like mom was, but he methodically cleaned me up and got me into a fresh diaper.   I looked for signs that maybe he would think that this was just too much to continue with, but I saw nothing.

Mom still wasn’t home at lunchtime, but dad gave me some PBJ sandwiches and a bottle.   I killed more time and Mom finally came home in the late afternoon.   “How was your night at Lexie’s,” Mom asked.

“It was fun,” I admitted.   

“Did you and Dad do OK this morning?”

“Well, he had to change a poopy diaper, but he seemed to do OK.”  Mom just smiled.

“Yes, well he had to sooner or later.   I’m not supposed to be the one doing all the changes.    It was pretty  much the same the first time you were a baby.”

I bristled at the “first time” part of this.    Mom continued.   “I hear you got to breastfeed over there.   How’d you like that?”

I nodded.    “It was, um, different.”   I had kind of liked it.

“I hadn’t decided yet if I should go through the process, but I think now I will.   It’s going to take a bit of work to get me lactating again.”   Well, there it was.   More effort.   I wasn’t getting out of diapers any time soon.    I moped around the house until it came to Monday morning.   My mood improved at the thought of seeing Lexie again.

As I was walking into the school, I caught sight of another baby boy ahead of me, and I hastened my pace to catch up.    When I got to see who it was, I realized it was Mark.   He glared at me.     “Get away from me, freak,” he said.

“But, Mark,” I pleaded.   

“Get away.   It’s your fault I’m dressed up like a freaking baby.”

“My fault?” I said with incredulity.

“Yeah, your fault.    It was bad enough that the doctors told me I likely would need diapers as a result of the injuries from the crash.   But then your mother talked my mother into turning me into a baby like you.   I hate you.” And with that, he hustled off.   I just stood there confused.

I was shaken out of my state when I felt someone grab me.  I turned in anger but then saw it was Lexie and smiled.    “What’s up with you?” she asked.

“Sorry, Lexie.  You surprised me.  That, and I just saw my old friend Mark.    He’s now a baby.”

“Really?” Lexie said.

“Yeah, but he’s not any friendlier toward me.   He blames me for it happening.”

“Well, it was probably them going on the joyride that killed a kid that did it,” Lexie rationalized.

“Yeah, but it still hurt.”     We talked until we had to go to class.     At lunchtime, I headed to the babies’ table but noticed the Mad Men all sitting by themselves.   They were all babies now.    I went over to say hello, but Mark intercepted me.

“I told you we don’t want you around.   Get it through your head.”     I was taken aback but went back to my regular table to sit with Lexie.

“It appears all the Mad Men are now babies,” I told her.   “But they don’t want anything to do with me.”

“They’ll come around, eventually,” Lexie said.  “They always do.   They’ll find they need to.”

Owww I saw this coming since they act like toddlers mad man heheh now they are tantrum babies hehhe 

I caught up with Lexie after school, and we walked home together.   She reached over hand took my hand as we chatted.   At that point, I no longer cared that I was wearing babyish clothes with soggy diapers underneath.    I was with Lexie.    We got to her house, and her mother promptly changed us.

“A big envelope from the school arrived for you,” her mom said.   She tore it open.

“It’s the course catalog and registration information for next year,” Lexie announced.    We decided to pour over it.   Lexie was determined to do the Arts program that was being established at our school. I wanted to do the sciences.    We went over her courses first, and she filled out a schedule.   Then I did mine.   She showed it to her mother, and her mother agreed that it looked good.   Lexie copied hers over onto the form provided.   I’d have to do mine when we get home.

“It also says that the information on the uniform requirements is coming soon,” Lexie stated.

Well, that is a done deal then.    I hoped that this meant that we’d have to go to school in the required uniform rather than baby clothes next year.   We’d still likely have to wear diapers under the uniform, but at least outwardly we’d look normal.

“Does it say anything about the other high schools?” I asked.

She looked down at the form.    “Monroe is keeping the IB program and their existing uniforms.    Let’s see.   Grant High is not having uniforms except for students in the culinary arts program.”

“They’ll probably have to wear chef’s outfits,” I said.    Lexie agreed.

“Lincoln high has the Japanese immersion program.   The notation is odd.   It says that the required uniform is no uniform.”

“That has to mean there’s no uniform requirement, doesn’t it?” I asked.

“Well, for Grant it says no required uniform.   I dunno.   But why are you thinking of going to Grant?”

“I always wanted to learn Japanese.”

Lexie pouted.   “You don’t want to stay at Madison with me?”

I smiled.   “Just kidding.   Of course, I want to stay with you.”  I held up the piece of scrap paper I’d written my proposed schedule on.   “Here’s my schedule.   I’ll put it on the form as soon as I get home.”

She smiled and leaned over and gave me a peck on the cheek.

Mom came and picked me up before dinner.   “I’m sorry I’m not around when you get home, but I’ve just so much to so this week.”

“It’s OK.   I like Lexie.”   I paused.    Now was the time to ask something I’d been waiting for.    “I’ve not asked her yet, but would it be OK with you if I went out with Lexie, like to the movies or something.”

Mom looked contemplatively.   “I don’t see why not.   I’ll ask Lexie’s mom though.   Are you two getting serious?”

“I think so.”

“Well, maybe Saturday.     Friday you have another party to go to.”

“Really, what?”

“It’s Mark Francis’s birthday.   His parents are throwing him a party.”

“OK.”   This is going to be interesting.    Mark hadn’t said more than a few words to me since I became a baby.     I don’t know how the party was going to be.

The next day on the way home from school, I asked Lexie if she’d like to go to the movies on Saturday if our parents agreed.    She said fine and that she was going to Mark’s party on Friday as well.

“Who else do you think will be there?” she asked.

Well, probably all the Mad Men.    I suspect if you got an invite, his mother invited more of the other babies.”

Friday, mom told me she was picking me up from school. She pulled up in front of the building and opened the rear door.   I tried to hop into the car seat quickly before someone noticed but mom dallied on getting me strapped into place, and people were staring.

We drove to Mark’s house.   As Mom unbuckled me, she pulled out a wrapped package.   A gift for Mark, I wondered what.     Mark’s mother answered the door and ushered us in.   “The others are out back,” she said.    “You can use Mark’s room if he needs a change.”

Mom took me to Mark’s room, and like my own, it had been turned into a nursery.   Mom got me up and changed, and I headed out back.

Out back there were two definite crowds.   Mark and the other Mad Men were in one group.   The other group comprised several of the babies.   Lexie was there along with Tykie and Janie.   I approached them.

“Maybe you should go over and talk to Mark,” Lexie asked.

“I don’t think he wants to talk to me.    Maybe if one of you girls went to see him.”

Janie volunteered, and she went over.    They were polite to her but went back to talking to themselves, and Janie gave up and came back.

Soon, several of the mothers arranged us into games of pin the tail on the donkey and duck-duck-goose.   The Mad Men begrudgingly played.   Marks father was busying himself over in a fire pit.   He was threading hot dogs on sticks, and soon we were all holding them over the fire.    Once they had been sufficiently cooked, we were led to the picnic tables, and bibs came out.    The hotdogs were cut up, and mustard and catsup dumped on our plates.    We ate with our fingers.

After eating, Mark’s mother and mine got up and announced that before cake, there was going to be a special activity and called me and Mark to the front.    Mark glared at me but then turned to a look of confusion.   I just shrugged.   I had no idea what was going on either.

Mark’s mother spoke.   “Mark, now that you know you’ll be in diapers forever, it’s time for you to get rid of your old underwear.   She pulled out a basket of clothes which I presumed were exactly that.

My mother spoke.   “And you, Jakie.   You know you’re going to remain a baby.   So, I brought your underwear over for disposal as well.   She pulled out a basket as well.”

Mark’s father was stoking up the fire, and we were led over to it.   Mark’s mother handed him a pair of underwear.    He stared at it a second and then tossed it into the fire.    We watched as it sat a second and then got consumed by the flames, the elastic in the waistband bubbling before it too became consumed.

My mother handed me a pair of mine.    I tossed it on the fire, and we watched it burn.   Several of the other babies applauded.    Mark took another pair and tossed them on.   This time the Mad Men applauded.    We took turns tossing everything into the fire.    By the time we’d finished the entire group, Mad Men, babies, Mark, me, we were all laughing and cheering.     I looked at Mark.   He smiled at me.

“I guess I didn’t have any choice once the accident happened.   But now you’ve got nothing to go back to, either.”    I nodded, and then we both broke out laughing.   The two groups fused into one, and we headed back to the tables.   Cake and ice cream came out, and nobody cared how messy they got.

Mothers arrived and cleaned us up.   Presents were opened.    All of them were baby stuff for Mark.   “My” present was a bubble style romper.   I had one just like it.

We were all disappointed when the party had to break up, and parents started strapping us into car seats to go home.   I  looked over at Lexie in the back at her car.    She blew me a kiss.   I smiled and blew one back.

• Like 2

The next day Mom got me up and into the car.  “Where are we going?”

“The Mall,” she said.   “I’ve got some shopping to do and then I’ll drop you at the movies for your date with Lexie.”    Well, I wasn’t pleased to be dragged around the mall but seeing Lexie brightened up my day.

At the mall, Mom released me from the car seat and fitted me with the harness and leash.   She picked up a bag.   “I need to return this first.”  We walked toward the department store.   Inside mom made her way to the women’s department and proceeded to discuss the return with the clerk.    I immediately got bored and wandered away a bit.    Moments later I got the double tug on the leash which was Mom’s sign she wanted me back.

“Interesting device you have there,” the clerk said.

“It keeps him from wandering off.”

“Cute outfit too,” she said.   I looked down to see what I was wearing.   It was a very short pair of shorts with suspenders over a teddy bear t-shirt.    I hadn’t really thought about it when I was dressed.

“Thank you. it makes diaper changing easier.”    I bristled a bit about that term.

The woman chuckled.    “Diaper changes.”    But then she stopped.  “Oh, he really is wearing diapers.”

My mom patted my rear end.   “Yes, he is.”   Now I was turning red.

“Is he special needs?”

“Oh, no.   He’s cognitively normal.   We just felt he does better if we keep him like this.”

“But he is toilet trained, right?”

Well, he was.   But he doesn’t use the toilet now.”

“He wets his diapers on purpose?”

“And poops.   He probably needs a change now.”   I didn’t answer.  I was just seething being the topic of this conversation.

The clerk moved off to do something, and another woman approached.    “I couldn’t help but hear.   Is he going to Madison in the fall?”

“Yes, he’s going there currently.”

“Ah.    I was thinking about getting some clothes like that for my daughter after school.”

“Well, I made most of his.   But there’s a store opening up that will sell things like this”   My mom opened her purse and extracted a business card and passed it to the woman.   

“BBB,” the woman read off the card.   “I’ll have to give it a visit.”

We moved down to the food court, and mom got me chicken nuggets for lunch.     I sat there stuffing them into my face looking around to see if people were staring at a grown kid wearing a bib.   At least  Mom hadn’t trotted a bottle out yet.

“Do you need a change?” she said.   I just nodded, and we headed off to the family bathroom.    I got up on the changing table.    A woman with an infant came in.     “I’ll be done with him in just a sec,” my Mom said to her.

“No worry’s,” the other mother said.   “I’ll feed her first.”

After I was changed, mom led me to another part of the room where there were some soft chairs with curtains in front of them.     Mom sat down in one and undid her shirt.    “OK, dear.    Here’s your milk.”   I positioned myself on her lap and took the nipple in my mouth.

“Excuse me.   How old is your son?”

“He’s about to turn 14 years old,” Mom answered.

“Are you breastfeeding him?”  I paused a second.    I guessed this was the woman who came in while I was on the changing table.

“Yes, I’ve started lactating again several weeks ago.”

“Why?   And if you don’t mind, why does he need diapers?  Is he challenged?”

The woman groped for the last word.   I’m sure she’d have liked to ask if I was retarded, but that word was out of favor even with the retarded.    “No, he’s perfectly normal.    We just find his behavior is better if we keep him in toddlerhood.”   There it was.

“I can’t wait to get this one weened,” the other mother said.   “And out of diapers.    I can’t imagine going through that again.”

“It’s not that bad,” my mother said.  “It brings us closer.”

After we were done, we did a few more errands and the mom drove me over to the theater.    As we came through the lobby I spotted Lexie and her mom.    Lexie bounced up to me and threw her arms around me.   She was wearing a different dress than I’d see before.   Many of hers would expose the diaper cover when she twirled or bounced.   This one flared out at the waist and didn’t even cover half of the matching diaper cover.   I stared.

“Sorry, my mom picked it out.”

“I like it.   You know how I like your legs.”   She smiled.

In an unexpected move mom unhooked the leash and gave me a few folded bills.   She whispered to me, “You and lexie have a good time.    I’ll be back for you when the movie is over.”

Wow.   Other than at school, this is the first time I’d really been left on my own.   I went up and bought us two tickets to Mary Poppins and then showed Lexie I had money.   We went to the snack bar and got Cokes and pop corn.

“This is the first Coke I can remember having in forever,” Lexie admitted.

“Me too.”

We went into the theater.     We pretty much finished all our stuff before the coming attractions were over, but that was OK.   The movie started and we held hands.   Once the movie was well underway I felt Lexie lean over and kiss me.   I took a look around and saw nobody else noticing so I returned.   We made out for a bit.

As the credits were rolling, we remained in our seats.   We didn’t want it to end.   “One good thing about diapers,” Lexie said.   “I didn’t have to get up and go to the bathroom after drinking all that Coke.”   I laughed.

“I just like being with you,” I confided.   “I’d love to sleep with you again.”

“You what?” Lexie said in mock indignation.

“I mean, I’d love to share the same crib with you.” 

She smiled.  “I knew what you meant.”

We got up and headed to the lobby.   My mom was there.   Lexie looked around.   “Have you seen my mom?” she asked.

“Oh, she decided that she and your father would like a night alone.   You’re coming home with Jakie and spending the night.”   Lexie and I looked at each other and giggled.

• Like 4

Mom got us home and into fresh diapers and our pajamas.  I was wearing my full-length sleeper and Lexie in her cut baby doll with matching diaper cover.    Lexie let out a burp and a little giggle.   “I’ve not has a soda is such a long time,” she said.

I burped.   “Me too.”  We giggled.

“It makes my nose feel funny.”   We kissed for a bit and then spooned together to fall asleep.

Monday morning Mark came up to me.  “I saw you and Lexie at the movies,” he said.

“Yeah, and she spent the night in my crib,” I said with a little bit of pride.

“Cool, you think I’ll be able to do that someday?”

“You can’t have Lexie,” I said.

“No, but does she have any friends?” Mark asked.

“Well, maybe if you hung out with the group more,” I suggested.

That day at lunch, I moved a few seats down from the regular group when I came in to eat.

“Why are you over here?” Lexie asked when she sat down opposite me.

“I think I need to save a few extra seats.”    Sure enough, a moment later Mark and the Mad Men came over and asked if they could sit with us.    Soon the Mad Men and the Babies were merged into a larger team.

The big news at the table that day was that Tykie had asked Janie to the prom and they were discussing what they would wear.   Tykie’s mom was preparing him a tux with short pants and helping Janie’s mom with a dress for her.    The other news was Andy was graduating.

“What are you doing after graduation?” Lexie asked.

“I’m going to State.”

“Like this?” I asked waving my hands over his baby clothes.

“Hardly,” he said.   “Mom says that I can work on getting potty trained this summer.”

“Potty trained?” Jerry, one of the Mad Men, asked.

Yeah, after over a year of this I’ve pretty much lost control.    Mom said I could go into pull-ups during the summer and hopefully, I’ll be ready for big boy pants by the time classes start.”

Mark kind of got a sad look on his face.   I asked him what was up.

“I guess I’ll never be potty trained again.   Due to the accident.”   I reflected on that as well.    The rest of us had the dream that one day, either our parents would decide to let us grow up or we’d just move away and get on with our lives “in big boy pants.”   That wasn’t going to be an option for Mark.

I changed the subject.   We discussed what we might do this summer.   Of course, a lot of the old Mad Men activities were out of the question, and of course, Lexie pointed out that hanging out at the mall as babies wasn’t likely to be an option either.

“Maybe we can all go to Disneyland or something,” I suggested.   That met with a round of approval.

And the rest of the school year rushed by.   Coming home the last day my parents were waiting for me.   I wondered what was up.

“I’ve decided to go back to work,” my mom said.   “I’ve been working the past few months getting the business going.   That’s why I’ve been late coming home.”

“Oh, OK.  I said not knowing how this was going to affect me.  “So I’ll be home alone during the day?”

“No, son.    That wouldn’t be wise,” my father said.   Well, I had to try.   “We’re putting you in day care.”

Day care?” I said incredulously.    I had visions of sitting around with real toddlers.

“It’s right by my store,” Mom said.   “And some of your friends will be there, too.”

“Lexie?” I said hopefully.

“Yes, she’ll be there.”   I smiled.   At least I’d have that.

Monday morning Mom loaded me up in the car seat and we headed off.   After a short drive we arrived at a building with a sign announcing “Teen Care.”    Mom grabbed my diaper bag and led me inside.

“Hi, Jakie,” a woman with a name badge came out from behind the desk.    It was Lexie’s mom.   I guess she was working there.

“OK, Jakie,” my mom said.  “Be a good boy.   I’ll be just next door.   She gestured over to a small shopping center.   “That’s where my shop is.   I’ll see you at lunchtime.”

Mom left, and Lexie’s mom took me by the hand and led me through a door.    There was a room with lots of colorful chairs and tables.    Lexie and Mark were already there at a table looking through comic books.

Jakie!” Lexie exclaimed and jumped up and threw her arms around me.   “You’re here.”   I felt good.  “Now I can show you guys around.   My mom told me not to tell you about this.   Your moms wanted it to be a surprise.”

“You knew about this?” I asked.

“Yes.    You didn’t have any idea?”

“No, my parents just said they were taking me to daycare cause my Mom was going back to work.”

“She’s at the boutique.”

“The boutique?”

“The Big Baby Boutique.   You didn’t know?”

“No, what is it?”

“It’s a related business.   A store where you can get all the stuff us big babies need.   Clothes, furniture.   Your mom and Janie’s mom run the store.    Tykies mom and mine run the daycare.”

Lexie led us on a tour.   We had been in the main play room with its game tables and TV sets.   There was a room with computers and library desks.  “This is a study room.  Probably won’t get used much during the summer but Teen Care will have an after-school program.   They have vans to pick us up from Madison.”

“Are there really enough babies to keep this place profitable?” I asked.

“Well, there are more all the time.   But it’s not limited to babies.   Any parent who thinks it’s a better idea for their kids to be supervised rather than home alone can come here.   It’s just that it is baby friendly.” 

She subsequently led us to a changing room and a small room with beds.   “This is the infirmary.   It's for when kids are too sick to go to school.”     There was a room with a trampoline and some floor mats.   “The trampoline is real fun,” Lexie explained.    She led us outside to a fenced yard with all sorts of balls and a swing set and stuff.   “We’re going to have such fun here.”

We headed back to the main room, and more kids arrived.   Most were Madison High babies and ex-Mad Men.    The usual gang.   There were a few kids in regular clothes as well.   They seemed to not want to have anything to do with us.   I guess the shock of daycare was bad enough.

A girl I’d not seen before came in.   She was wearing a bubble romper.   Pretty cute.   I looked over at Mark.   His eyes were staring wildly as he looked at our new arrival.   I could tell he was smitten.

I went up.   “Hi, my name is Jakie.   This is Lexie and…”   I paused and grabbed Mark and pulled him closer.   “This is Mark.”

“Uh, hi,” was all Mark could stammer out.

“I’m Libby,” the girl said with a smile.    Lexie was now holding my hand.   I guess she might be a little defensive about the new arrival.

“I’ve not seen you around before,” Lexie stated.

“Yeah.   This is new to me, too.   I’m enrolling in Madison in the fall.   I’m doing the Art program.    My mom thought I’d need time to get adjusted to the new stuff.”

I didn’t know what she meant by new stuff.   “The uniforms?” was all I could think of that was changing at the school.

Libby rolled her eyes and smiled.   “Yes, the uniforms,” she said making quotes with her fingers around the last word.   I had no idea what she was talking about, but the topic changed.     Lexie had now caught on to Mark’s state, and she suggested Mark show Libby around.

After they left, I turned to Lexie.   “I think Mark’s in love,”  I said.

“That’s good.   Didn’t you see the way Libby looked at him?”   I shook my head.   “The feeling I think is mutual.   That’s why I sent them off together.”

“Let’s go bounce,” Lexie said, and we headed off to the trampoline room.

• Like 4