LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

I came across the chapter writing creatively starting from page 120 of the Dream experience book and this was a book that I bought years ago and I get off the shelf every now and then, This bit on page 121 which got me thinking about our inner critic "let your imagination soar. ignoring the inner critic who seeks to stifle your creativity" Seeing that we all have an inner critic does anyone tend to listen or ignore their inner critic and let it stifle their creativity.

I don't think you should ignore your inner critic - but you certainly should put that voice in perspective.  It can be a motivation to improve, to refine your craft, to get better at writing.  If all you hear out of your inner critic is "you suck as a writer", then that's a self-confidence issue, and a bit of cognitive-behavioral therapy might be in order to help you correct it.  Ignoring a voice like that doesn't make it go away.  If what you hear from your inner critic are things like "This is completely unrealistic" or "No one would say that" (in reference to a piece of dialogue) or things like that, then it's worth taking the time to review and evaluate what you've written, find opportunities to improve it.  Ignoring a voice like that just makes you stagnant as a writer, and that's the last thing you want to be. 

• Like 1

My initial draft is a stream on consciousness that flows out through my fingers. Sometimes I merely get the rough idea out, spell check it and save it. I used to post that draft to places like here to see if I had anything that resonated.

Now, I let it bake a while. Sometimes a few days, sometimes a few weeks. I like to come back to it after it is no longer in my front mind. To read it like it is a new story. From there I will edit in where it is thin, edit out what was verbose and flesh out things that were clear when I wrote it but don't make sense on the current go.

In the end, if you don't like what you have written, do you want to put it out there?