LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Catheter into diapers

This topic was discussed not so long ago but I couldn't find it just now. Mention was made of using a one way valve from ebay. I did buy one (took a while to arrive) and it works very well. No reverse flow. I think this is the link: 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-8-10mm-Inline-Check-Valve-Fuel-Diesel-Gas-Liquid-Air-One-Way-HHO-Water/381718171613?epid=584422494&hash=item58e02d0fdd:g:hk8AAOSwPRlXmscO:rk:2:pf:0

IMG_1024.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

I have some speedicath eve intermittent catheters. Some times I just push one into my bladder, put a nappy on and go to sleep!  When I wake up the nappy is soaked from back to front and feels lovely. 

It doesn't hurt when I'm laying down but sitting is a bit uncomfortable. 

If anyone is in the UK I don't mind sending people some to try

• 2 weeks later...

Only way I would try catheter again, is if there is a safe and easy way to put a stent in, so the flow is open all the time, without the tube going down the tract 

I have seen some products that can be put into the body with a valve, but I doubt that will be available to "normal" people any time soon

I've decided to go for the natural way of achieving IC by being diapered all the time and just relaxing. I'm afraid I've read too many horror stories about UTIs from catheters!

I started out with catheter play some thirteen years ago and kept it going off and on for two years I suppose. I never had a UTI during the mentioned period but I was very much aware of the risks of bacterial colonies settling in my bladder and urethra. I kept the catheter in days in a row but never longer than a week. However, catheters weren’t good or better yet real enough so after a year or two I switched to stents and I am still very much into stents. I truly belief and I am convinced stents are much saver then catheters if you want to wet your diaper without having any control over it. I remember quite well, if I took my catheter out after a couple of days of running free in my diaper, bacterial colonies were already forming. I never had any issues with that using a stent. I do take it out to clean every so now and then for you will have buildup of urine salts but no bacterial colonies which you will get with a catheter free flowing in your diaper.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2019 at 7:36 AM, Old_PA said:

Received a dose of UTI using one of these. May be coincidence.

It's not a coincidence. Reverse flow is only one of the ways you can get an infection. 

The normal bacteria flora on our skin is what we get an infection from the majority of the time hence why stents seem to cause less infectionsl. Stents can also cause infection but from intraurethral bacterias. 

• Like 1