LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

D&D (5th Edition)

Wannatripbaby

So I thought I'd contribute my area of expertise to the Club. And that would be D&D5e!

Now, compared to a lot of people I actually don't have a lot of experience in actually playing D&D. I'd estimate less than 100 games over the course of a 3-4 years. But I have a strong grasp on the rules and mechanics. I've dabbled in DMing. I've even homebrewed entire Classes and Archetypes!

So I'll go ahead and ask a few starter questions to get this topic going:

How long have you been playing D&D?

What's your favorite Race, Class, etc.?

What's the best/most interesting character you've made?

What's one if your favorite moments of all time as a Player or DM?

What are some of your favorite creations (Monsters, Bosses, Traps, Puzzles, Homebrewed character options, etc.)

Feel free to ask me anything as well :)

I've never played D&D, BUT I did buy Pathfinder and made a character and started learning the rules and stuff but then realized I didn't have anyone to play with and shelved it.

When I played Neverwinter, which is an MMO based in the D&D world, I made an Elf Rogue and used that character as my template for Pathfinder.

I'm very interested in D&D and other tabletop games, but I can't play alone and so I just kind of look longingly at stuff related to it, daydreaming about embarking on an epic quest and getting stronger and all the sweet lewts and whatnot.

I know I'm not very helpful in furthering your topic, but I'm all you have right now and I didn't want you to feel alone. :)

Thanks for the input, @RambleLamb! :D

Have you looked into finding a group online? Nowadays you don't actually need to be in the same room with people to play. I actually run a game online with some close friends and, while it's not *quite* as good as playing in person, it's still quite fun. :) Of course I know nothing about finding groups online I'm afraid.

@Wannatripbaby I looked into like Roll20 and similar sites but it was very difficult to find anyone willing to run a campaign with a new to the game player, and I get it, it's not fun to teach a new person all the things but without a way to play I can't know whether I've learned correctly how to play. It's quite the pickle.

7 minutes ago, RambleLamb said:

@Wannatripbaby I looked into like Roll20 and similar sites but it was very difficult to find anyone willing to run a campaign with a new to the game player, and I get it, it's not fun to teach a new person all the things but without a way to play I can't know whether I've learned correctly how to play. It's quite the pickle.

Yeah, that's a problem. :/

If I could, I would gladly add you to my campaign. But we're on the last session of our current (and as of right now final) arc. Plus you have an aversion to Discord and similar apps so there's that too.

But hey, if I come up with a new campaign idea I'll be sure to ask if you want to join. :D

1 hour ago, RambleLamb said:

I've played D&D a bunch of times, so I could probably give you a crash course if you want.

2 hours ago, Firefly 35 said:

I've played D&D a bunch of times, so I could probably give you a crash course if you want.

Much appreciated, I think I'm going to try redoubling my efforts to actually go out to the comic store near me that does games every week and see if they have a beginner's table or something. :)

On 1/27/2019 at 6:01 PM, RambleLamb said:

Much appreciated, I think I'm going to try redoubling my efforts to actually go out to the comic store near me that does games every week and see if they have a beginner's table or something. :)

Totally! It's been my experience that D&D players are more than happy to help a new player who's truly interested in playing and not just wanting to get in on what their Sibling/Boyfriend is doing.

Have you ever heard of Adventurers League? I've done it a few times and it was pretty easy & fun (well, my last experience wasn't great, but that was more because of a problem Player.) Basically DMs say they're going to run a Module and put out a public invite for anyone who wants to join. I'll put a link here if you wanna check it out. It should be a lot easier and less stressful than just showing up at a gaming store hoping there's a free spot available in someone's game.

http://dnd.wizards.com/playevents/organized-play