LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tips for Wearing 24/7?

So I’m getting ready for a long stent wearing 24/7 as a trial run to see if I really want to go through with fully untraining. My biggest fantasy for the longest time has been untraining entirely (urinary only, hopefully, although if I lost control of my bowels too it wouldn’t be the end of the world) and becoming dependent. I’ve been wearing nearly every day for the last two or three months, but not for the entire day. I decided it’s time to put up or shut up and go for another (longer) stent wearing around the clock, no exceptions. My last “24/7” run lasted about 6 weeks, and by week 3 I was already wetting without noticing it. This was about 2 years ago, and it was just about the best feeling I’ve ever had. During this time, however, I wasn’t hanging around my family or my “normie” friends a whole lot. This was made even easier by the fact that it was winter, so I’d stash a good 3 changes, a bag of wipes, and a bunch of plastic shopping bags in my coat to change and dispose of the evidence while at work. This worked out pretty well, and I only had one embarrassing accident the whole time.

A few things have changed in the years since. I now work from home, which makes things a bit easier, however, my biggest issue is that I now see my family and my normie friends a lot more. I’m absolutely petrified of them finding out. I also go out of town far more often now than I did before. This isn’t as bad as the issue I have with my friends and family at home, as the friends I stay with when out of town are of the LGBT/kink/furry communities, so if and when I was found out, I don’t think it would be as big of a deal, as they’re at least vaguely away of my DL side.

I’m looking to at least double my last stent of wearing constantly to test the waters and see if I can handle wearing consistently. As I mentioned, untraining, and transitioning into full urinary incontinence is my deepest fantasy, and nothing gets me more excited than that. Not to mention my stress and anxiety levels lower significantly while wearing diapers, especially while at work. I’m just generally a happier, more level person when I can feel that warm soggy bulge between my legs. My biggest obstacle here is the stress I get when visiting with family or friends. If I can successfully pull of three months and not want to rip my diapers off at the end of this period, I plan on beginning the process of truly untraining.

Tl;Dr, I suppose this is what i’m asking:

-best ways to conceal diaper usage from friends and family
(also accepting (in desperate need of) good, easy excuses/reasons as to why I wear diapers. boyfriend is understanding, however, i’m really scared that this knowledge would change my friends’ and family’s opinions of me)

-help putting together a discreet diaper bag of sorts.
Winter won’t last forever, so I can’t keep using my coat for everything, I do usually carry a backpack with me, however, i’m concerned about the logistics of changing at say, a friend’s house, or my family’s house, should that be necessary.

-any items I should buy
I’ve just purchased a waterproof mattress protector, for that extra confidence boost that, yes, I can wet in my bed with no fear of staining my mattress. I’m purchasing plastic pants soon, and I have several lovely onesies, which are my favorite things ever. Aside from these, are there any must-haves which I should know about?

-tips for diaper accountability
I know in my heart that I truly want urinary incontinence, however, sometimes I get lazy after a shower and simply don’t want to go through the effort of re-padding. Any tips on overcoming this would be amazing.

And last but not least, general opinions on what to expect during this process. There are a lot of amazing people on this forum with a lot of amazing stories, and I’d love to hear from anyone who’s gone through something similar to what i’m planning in the upcoming couple weeks. I’d be extra interested to hear about anyone “coming out”, so to speak, to friends and family, whether it be for need or want, and how they took the news.

I’m just feeling so conflicted here. This is absolutely what I want in my heart, and the only thing that’s been consistently stopping me all these years has been fear of others’ opinions of me somehow lessening. The desire has only grown stronger over time, and it’s nearing a point where I cannot ignore it any longer.

Thanks in advance, all you wonderful people.
-essex

Okay I’ve been 24/7 for about 9 years now. 1 you have to accept that if you are gonna wear full time people are going to find out so put that out of your mind. The more you try to conceal it the more it’s going to be obvious and awkward.

2 just keep and extra diaper or two in your car when you go places. No need to carry a purse around. Honestly I hardly ever have to change in public.

3 I usually double diaper at night or limit my fluid in the evening to avoid leaks. But hey, sometimes it happens..... not the end of the world.

4. It just has to become habit.... like everything else..... nothing magical about it..... okay next time you don’t have a diaper on work on keeping g your muscles relaxed and dribble a few times on the floor..... that will help reinforce your mindset 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, diapereddaddy1922 said:

Okay I’ve been 24/7 for about 9 years now. 1 you have to accept that if you are gonna wear full time people are going to find out so put that out of your mind. The more you try to conceal it the more it’s going to be obvious and awkward.

2 just keep and extra diaper or two in your car when you go places. No need to carry a purse around. Honestly I hardly ever have to change in public.

3 I usually double diaper at night or limit my fluid in the evening to avoid leaks. But hey, sometimes it happens..... not the end of the world.

4. It just has to become habit.... like everything else..... nothing magical about it..... okay next time you don’t have a diaper on work on keeping g your muscles relaxed and dribble a few times on the floor..... that will help reinforce your mindset 

It does become a habit and perfectly normal after a while. Seven years on and I couldn't imagine not being in nappies.

I just crossed the 4th year mark of wearing 24/7,  I no longer worry about some one noticing my diaper and as time has passed more and more people now know I need to wear diapers 24/7 and its not a big deal. You will reach a point that diapers simply become part of your daily life as do public changing. 

• Like 1

I've been 24/7 for about two years now, and it just seems normal to me now, it used to be exciting but that's worn off a bit tbh,,,

As for accidents, I've never had any serious ones, but sometimes allow myself a leak for comfort,,,

I keep spares in a separate zipped section of a shoulder bag, together with small carrier bags and cable ties (zip ties?) but I've never needed to change when out,,, 

On 1/26/2019 at 4:33 AM, essex said:

So I’m getting ready for a long stent wearing 24/7 as a trial run to see if I really want to go through with fully untraining. My biggest fantasy for the longest time has been untraining entirely (urinary only, hopefully, although if I lost control of my bowels too it wouldn’t be the end of the world) and becoming dependent.  I decided it’s time to put up or shut up and go for another (longer) stent wearing around the clock, no exceptions.  My biggest issue is that I now see my family and my normie friends a lot more. I’m absolutely petrified of them finding out.  Untraining, and transitioning into full urinary incontinence is my deepest fantasy, and nothing gets me more excited than that. Not to mention my stress and anxiety levels lower significantly while wearing diapers, especially while at work. I’m just generally a happier, more level person when I can feel that warm soggy bulge between my legs. My biggest obstacle here is the stress I get when visiting with family or friends. If I can successfully pull of three months and not want to rip my diapers off at the end of this period, I plan on beginning the process of truly untraining.

Boyfriend is understanding, however, i’m really scared that this knowledge would change my friends’ and family’s opinions of me.  I’m just feeling so conflicted here. This is absolutely what I want in my heart, and the only thing that’s been consistently stopping me all these years has been fear of others’ opinions of me somehow lessening. The desire has only grown stronger over time, and it’s nearing a point where I cannot ignore it any longer.

To address these specific concerns, you have to make a decision on weather these concerns and fears are out weighed by your strong desire to go 24/7/365 in diapers.  Once you make that decision, it is extremely hard to reverse it.  At the age of 21 years old, are you totally prepared to spend the next 60 years of your life in diapers 24/7/365?  That is assuming you will die at age 81 and not live longer.  That is 3 times longer than you have already lived. 

If you do decide, then you will have to come to terms with the fact that you will be in diapers the rest of your life.  People will eventually find out, the ones closest to you like family and friends if you spend a lot of time with them.  You have to come to terms with that fact and decide that you can't hide it from people for the rest of your life.  Fess up and tell them if they find out or tell them right away.  You also have to decide what you are going to tell them and this is where members can help.  Remember, if you lie about it and fake a medical situation that will open up a lot more doors for questions, especially from your family.  They will want to know what caused the problem, what you are doing about it, what treatments are available, other options than diapers (catheters and leg bags), etc.  Your parents will be very concerned over your health.  Also, what will you tell your doctor when you have to go for a check up or physical as to why you are wearing diapers?  You can't just wing it, you have to either fish or cut bait and make a decision and stick with it.  If you tell people that you have just made a personal decision that from now on you will be wearing diapers and using them because you enjoy it, yes, be prepared that some true friends will be accepting and others may not.  Your parents will always love you as their child but they will never look at you in the same way.  There have been cases where a parent has turned against their kid because of this and some have ordered psychological treatments.  You are of legal age but yes, be prepared if your parents shun you or make a big deal about your decision.  Be aware that they could also tell everyone about it due to their disgust over your decision.  I'm not saying that will happen, but it could and you need to be prepared if it does.  I'm not trying to discourage you at all, I'm just saying think everything out before making a life changing decision.  If that's what you want, go for it.  I'm just stating my opinions here based on your own stated fears of family finding out and what their opinions might be.  Chances are they will find out.  What their opinions are can be impossible to know until it happens.  What you tell them also can effect what they think.   You are torn between strong desire and fears.  You will need to make your decision and live with it no matter how things turn out.  Just think it through and whatever you decide, learn to accept it and live with it.

On 1/26/2019 at 10:25 AM, diapereddaddy1922 said:

This.  People will find out, just be prepared to answer questions.  With family and close friends you probably won't be able to get by with a quick, "It's a medical issue I have to deal with and I don't like discussing it".  That might pass with casual acquaintances, but not close people you see everyday.  Decide what you will tell those close to you, let them get use to it and then go on with your life.  It may take a while for people to get used to your decision and accept it, some may never get used to it at all, but after a while things should settle into a normal routine even though the subject may still come up now and then for the rest of your life.

4 hours ago, Rob110 said:

I just crossed the 4th year mark of wearing 24/7,  I no longer worry about some one noticing my diaper and as time has passed more and more people now know I need to wear diapers 24/7 and its not a big deal. You will reach a point that diapers simply become part of your daily life as do public changing. 

This as well.  Either live with your fears or get it out in the open, spend some uncomfortable time around your family and friends who will be asking questions, commenting, expressing their acceptance or displeasure and wait for it to eventually slow down and get back to more normal situations once everyone has gotten used to the fact that you made a decision to wear diapers 24/7.

On 1/26/2019 at 10:25 AM, diapereddaddy1922 said:

This :Crylol: and more. If you try to be discreet, you generally won't be noticed. But eventually someone IS going to notice and there is no avoiding that when you're 24/7 and leading a normal lifestyle. I came out a. s TG before I got into wearing diapers, and discovered that most of the important people in my life were totally OK with it, and that is a very visible difference, nor something you can hide at all. I thought about how I'd handle a diaper-discovery ahead of time, made a plan tuned to each individual and every setting I could imagine it happening in, then considered myself ready to deal with it. I'm almost disappointed that well past 5 years later I haven't had to explain anything to anyone even once :roflmao: And I'm positive that at least 5 people in my workplaces and a few of my friends know. Some of the family may know too, but they also know I had huge bladder control issues when I was young so they would assume it's something similar now in my older years. The fact is that most people do not want to discuss your diapers- it's not an appealing subject of conversation to them. They'd rather not think about it so let them do it that way ;)

Now this may seem to be unrelated but it isn't. Much of what you may experience with friends will depend on what kind of friends you have and keep. True friends simply care deeply about you, and they're not going to do something which might make you uncomfortable or which might hurt you. There are no other kinds of friends- all the rest are just people you know who are not your friends :huh: If you've filled your life with that kind of person you're probably going to pay the price for your mistake when one of them makes the discovery. They don't really care about you which you'll find out in time anyway even if you don't proceed with wearing. This is the main reason I've had success where many haven't. No limits with my friends, no close relationships with any who are not my friend, and only friends matter :glare: Fcku the rest. With my friends, it will be enough for me to say "I need to wear them now". There will be a concern voiced about my health, to which I'll say "It's nothing to worry about, just nerve problems and I'm not comfortable discussing this". Bingo- problem permanently solved B) Family will, be similar  but they will also get: "I've been to the Doctors and there's nothing to worry about. I'm fine other than needing to wear protection now". So no problem other than those you make of it. And it's all honest, for my emotional needs are true needs to, and I do honestly need to wear diapers so I'm not lying to anyone.

When you consider how many incontinent adults there are which neither you or anyone you know has discovered, there's almost no chance for it to happen to you regards the general public. You're attitude covers that; if someone asks "Are you wearing diapers?" just say "Oh, am I leaking again?" That shows them that you're not going to let them have a negative effect on you- they're wasting their time if they're trying to have fun at your expense and now anyone else privy to the words will be looking at them, not you, thinking "What an asshole" :P Subversion is a very good technique and very effective too :lol:

Wearing 24/7 has a learning curve involved, but can be successfully done with few or no problems beyond the logistics. On that, in time you'll learn ways to avoid changes in places where you don't want that and when to change before starting out on things where you'd otherwise need to change mid-way. You'll develop a method to have a change readily available should you need it (which you will because diapers can get damaged or be defective and leak unexpectedly) and you'll learn how to work with the situation to change most discreetly. Once you experience that you'll have few of no problems you'll build the confidence to not let it be a problem. Wearing diapers is an issue only if you make or allow it to be that.

Bettypooh

As Yoda would say there is only do and do not .If your are going to go 24/7 you need to come out with all of them , because sooner or later there will be an issue of them seeing diapers or seeing diapers on you etc...

So I assume you are a young adult so it will be your money not a problem.

Living under your roof not there's.

And your own physician with no guardian ship issues as far as calling them or bringing you in or accessing your record.

Everything from drug side effects to diabetes cause IC find one that is very vague and go with that your sinus med your antihistamine whatever so them seeing you have or wear diapers isn't an issue ,matter of fact it will help you with compliance ,as they will expect you to be properly diapered . As far as not wearing here as shocker even those of us that don't have control take air time , lay diaper less on a large bed pad its healthy for your skin to dry and out and fungus not among us ( if I plots or leak on it that's what it's meant for and is good for employee moral ( letting them do there job ) ok I have twisted sense of humour , if your looking at IC rubber undershirts, bed pads , water proof fabric sheets all 'go with" diapers if you wear diapers so should your bed and sofa,in the real world diapers leak , they should not be your only defense , diapers and some form of waterproof cover cover (vinyl plastic rubber , PUL I use them all for different times and activities , those are just your  frontline protection there will be a whole nother cast of characters that are both seen and unseen as understudy and supporting roles .

People think that diapered life is all happiness and diapers it's not everything you do requires planning and resources   

14 hours ago, Bettypooh said:

This :Crylol: and more. If you try to be discreet, you generally won't be noticed. But eventually someone IS going to notice and there is no avoiding that when you're 24/7 and leading a normal lifestyle. I came out a. s TG before I got into wearing diapers, and discovered that most of the important people in my life were totally OK with it, and that is a very visible difference, nor something you can hide at all. I thought about how I'd handle a diaper-discovery ahead of time, made a plan tuned to each individual and every setting I could imagine it happening in, then considered myself ready to deal with it. I'm almost disappointed that well past 5 years later I haven't had to explain anything to anyone even once :roflmao: And I'm positive that at least 5 people in my workplaces and a few of my friends know. Some of the family may know too, but they also know I had huge bladder control issues when I was young so they would assume it's something similar now in my older years. The fact is that most people do not want to discuss your diapers- it's not an appealing subject of conversation to them. They'd rather not think about it so let them do it that way ;)

Now this may seem to be unrelated but it isn't. Much of what you may experience with friends will depend on what kind of friends you have and keep. True friends simply care deeply about you, and they're not going to do something which might make you uncomfortable or which might hurt you. There are no other kinds of friends- all the rest are just people you know who are not your friends :huh: If you've filled your life with that kind of person you're probably going to pay the price for your mistake when one of them makes the discovery. They don't really care about you which you'll find out in time anyway even if you don't proceed with wearing. This is the main reason I've had success where many haven't. No limits with my friends, no close relationships with any who are not my friend, and only friends matter :glare: Fcku the rest. With my friends, it will be enough for me to say "I need to wear them now". There will be a concern voiced about my health, to which I'll say "It's nothing to worry about, just nerve problems and I'm not comfortable discussing this". Bingo- problem permanently solved B) Family will, be similar  but they will also get: "I've been to the Doctors and there's nothing to worry about. I'm fine other than needing to wear protection now". So no problem other than those you make of it. And it's all honest, for my emotional needs are true needs to, and I do honestly need to wear diapers so I'm not lying to anyone.

When you consider how many incontinent adults there are which neither you or anyone you know has discovered, there's almost no chance for it to happen to you regards the general public. You're attitude covers that; if someone asks "Are you wearing diapers?" just say "Oh, am I leaking again?" That shows them that you're not going to let them have a negative effect on you- they're wasting their time if they're trying to have fun at your expense and now anyone else privy to the words will be looking at them, not you, thinking "What an asshole" :P Subversion is a very good technique and very effective too :lol:

Wearing 24/7 has a learning curve involved, but can be successfully done with few or no problems beyond the logistics. On that, in time you'll learn ways to avoid changes in places where you don't want that and when to change before starting out on things where you'd otherwise need to change mid-way. You'll develop a method to have a change readily available should you need it (which you will because diapers can get damaged or be defective and leak unexpectedly) and you'll learn how to work with the situation to change most discreetly. Once you experience that you'll have few of no problems you'll build the confidence to not let it be a problem. Wearing diapers is an issue only if you make or allow it to be that.

Bettypooh

Thank you, super helpful! I have no doubt that none of my friends or family would "disown" me or anything, they're all amazing people, but I'm sure you can understand my apprehension over telling them. I just don't want them to think I'm any weirder than I already am lol

2 hours ago, Cruiser 03 said:

As Yoda would say there is only do and do not .If your are going to go 24/7 you need to come out with all of them , because sooner or later there will be an issue of them seeing diapers or seeing diapers on you etc...

So I assume you are a young adult so it will be your money not a problem.

Living under your roof not there's.

And your own physician with no guardian ship issues as far as calling them or bringing you in or accessing your record.

Everything from drug side effects to diabetes cause IC find one that is very vague and go with that your sinus med your antihistamine whatever so them seeing you have or wear diapers isn't an issue ,matter of fact it will help you with compliance ,as they will expect you to be properly diapered . As far as not wearing here as shocker even those of us that don't have control take air time , lay diaper less on a large bed pad its healthy for your skin to dry and out and fungus not among us ( if I plots or leak on it that's what it's meant for and is good for employee moral ( letting them do there job ) ok I have twisted sense of humour , if your looking at IC rubber undershirts, bed pads , water proof fabric sheets all 'go with" diapers if you wear diapers so should your bed and sofa,in the real world diapers leak , they should not be your only defense , diapers and some form of waterproof cover cover (vinyl plastic rubber , PUL I use them all for different times and activities , those are just your  frontline protection there will be a whole nother cast of characters that are both seen and unseen as understudy and supporting roles .

People think that diapered life is all happiness and diapers it's not everything you do requires planning and resources   

Thanks for the advice, I have already purchased protection for my mattress and such, next up is plastic pants, as I somehow don't own any. I do typically have underpads on hand as well for my office chair while I'm working or for my arm chair when I'm watching TV (in case I fall asleep or something). I'll have to look into the possible causes. My issue isn't so much telling people, it's moreso telling people without a "reason". I can't very well say "I just like it", that's too much embarrassment even for me. 

I saw this the other day the adult incontinence market is around 60 million people strong , with an annual growth of 16 % taking in 31 billion dollars last year , that's just on us medical folks if we got a true number on IC/ABDL  and include ABDL diapers I bet the number would blow people's Mind as to who's rocking  protection.

That is why I brought up medical issues from common medications to common physical causes ,that you can look on Google and find something that works for you.

It's like I train into probationary firefighters even if the whole job is going sideways keeping calm sets the tone and demeanor for everyone around including the victims , if you are calm and matter of fact about what's going on with you so will others , even the nosy busy body at the office water cooler is not going to be like "so what do think about Joe in in acquisitions needs diapers , he shits himself ?" That's not going to happen because those that know aren't going to talk trash , they will stand by you and not ask questions ( they will be there for you should you ever need to talk otherwise people are squeamish about bodily functions , how many times have you gotten your morning coffee and the topic was about this massive fist size 17" long turd that bill did this weekend his wife sent the recording of him giving birth to this thing on Saturday?  Yeah like never people would choke on their coffee be embarrased to listen , never gonna happen ,same applies to wearing diapers a few well stated vague facts about your "condition" nothing to worry about according to the doctors and it might be "self limiting" so if in six months you want an out , your "condition" or the medication has changed ,no need for round the clock diapers if you so desire to be rid of them . Simple concepts ,repeated openly as to something if they were so inclined to look up on Google it would say the same thing ( do not memorize Google use your own words , that would be suspicious , people rarely express things in Google's neat answers , especialy a topic most people would have some emotions or self esteem involved in)

I'm not sure it's either necessary or prudent to tell anyone outside of intimate relationships, but it is vital that you be prepared to deal with discovery which can happen in numerous ways. Those who aren't ready to handle this have problems when it happens. You don't need to exude self-confidence or make up some big story. It will probably feel a little embarrassing but so what?  If you plan for the event you'll be in control of where the conversation ends and of what is disclosed ;) That leaves you to needing to say only that you need them and you're OK medically otherwise which is true- you need them emotionally which is a legitimate need. Or if you choose to you can carry it further but you don't have to.

One of my favorite sayings comes from Teddy Roosevelt: Prepare for problems. You can't have problems if you're prepared for them B)

Bettypooh

18 hours ago, Bettypooh said:

I'm not sure it's either necessary or prudent to tell anyone outside of intimate relationships, but it is vital that you be prepared to deal with discovery which can happen in numerous ways. Those who aren't ready to handle this have problems when it happens. You don't need to exude self-confidence or make up some big story. It will probably feel a little embarrassing but so what?  If you plan for the event you'll be in control of where the conversation ends and of what is disclosed ;) That leaves you to needing to say only that you need them and you're OK medically otherwise which is true- you need them emotionally which is a legitimate need. Or if you choose to you can carry it further but you don't have to.

One of my favorite sayings comes from Teddy Roosevelt: Prepare for problems. You can't have problems if you're prepared for them B)

Bettypooh

I agree I told one or two close gay friends that I wanted to do this and whilst one or two were surprised they did understand. I work from home so most of the time this is up to me and my partner to deal with. I have three clients that I visit every couple of weeks. I have told them that I had a medical issue and two are very supportive the third was simply very embarrassed and changed the subject ASAP and hasn't mentioned it since. The other two now always ask how I am and I simply say there's no improvement. I certainly wouldn't rush to tell anyone else though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2019 at 1:29 AM, DaveeBEd said:

I agree I told one or two close gay friends that I wanted to do this and whilst one or two were surprised they did understand. I work from home so most of the time this is up to me and my partner to deal with. I have three clients that I visit every couple of weeks. I have told them that I had a medical issue and two are very supportive the third was simply very embarrassed and changed the subject ASAP and hasn't mentioned it since. The other two now always ask how I am and I simply say there's no improvement. I certainly wouldn't rush to tell anyone else though.

I haven't shared this with anybody yet.  If, or when, I ever get another intimate partner, I will be honest why I'm wearing diapers.  It won't be one of the first things I'll share, but it will be shared when it feels right.   

However, I'm not shy about wearing around friends and during outings.   Like you, I work at home, so wearing 24/7 is no problem.  I never need to change a diaper in public, because I've worn enough to know just how far to push a diaper.   If I'm going to be out for more than a couple of hours, I'll change to a fresh diaper.   Since I do have choice, sometimes I choose to use the potty when I'm out rather than risk a leak.  And obviously I don’t poop in the diaper, because I have that choice.   I can easily get 5 to 6 hours out of a fresh diaper, and if I need more- I’ll use the potty to extend it.

I’ll go to friends houses, shopping, drinking, playing golf, skiing, and pretty much anything else in a diaper.  I’ll typically wear an Abena, but I’ve worn some of the thicker ABDL diapers in public, and so far, haven’t been discovered.  Or at least, nobody has ever asked.   I put boxers over my diapers, which seems to do a good job protecting against wardrobe malfunctions.  Literally, the only time I ever go out unprotected is when I’m running late and don’t have time to change to a dry diaper, or doing something (like Dr. visit), that I’m expected to undress.

I’ve had a couple of close calls, including one recently when I went to a class at my gym in a Abena that I underestimated it’s dampness.    It was starting to bunch as I performed the exercises, and I was a bit uncomfortable.   I was with one of my best friends (like Turk and JD in Scrubs), so at some point he is bound to find out.    I’ve also had him comment a couple of times about me not visiting the toilet and having an iron bladder (he’s a bit like the OAB guy), and had one of my golf buddies hear something when I teed up my ball.

Like Betty Pooh said, I need to plan for the exposure.  In his case, I have so many other medical conditions that it wouldn’t be surprising that incontinence would be a problem (I’m 49).   I’m sure if any of my other friends discovered, they would assume it’s some medical issue, and would give me the privacy that I deserve.   In his case, it might cause undo stress, because he would be more concerned about the underlying issue (cancer), so I might have to share a little bit more.   He has been a great support after I found that I have type-2 diabetes and had to drastically change my diet and lifestyle.

This all begs the questions: why I don’t just tell him.  Because, I don’t have to.  He doesn’t need to know this, and I don’t need his support to deal with this.  I told him about my diabetes because if I didn’t, I don’t think I’d go to the gym and exercise like I need to.  I can’t treat my diabetes with his help.   I can handle being diapered without his help.

• Like 1
On 1/31/2019 at 9:42 AM, Bettypooh said:

Bettypooh

Very sound advice.  My wife and I call it the worst case scenario which you should always be prepared for.  In my case it would be one of my children or a close family member finding out.  At this point now that I have started to become unpotty trained I can honestly tell someone that may find out that I am incontinent without feeling guilty for being dishonest.

We have only had to deal with the worst case scenario once when my shorts accidentally feel down at my best friend's house and his son saw my diaper.  My wife explained to him that sometimes adults need diapers too and interesting enough he never told his father about it.  I just shared with my best friend recently that I wear diapers thinking he probably already knew but he did not.

It is good to let a select few know especially those closest to you.  It has made me much more comfortable being diapered around them by doing so.

• Like 1

The best advice I an give for wearing 24/7 is just get on with it and work it out as you go. Seven years on and it is just part of life for me now. I found out what works and what doesn't and have my own way of doing things. Everyone is different and you will work it out. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Quick update. So I'm still going strong wearing constantly. I've though about what I want a lot, and spent a lot of time on this forum reading other posts. I do still want to be in diapers around the clock, but for the time being, I asked myself why it had to be black or white. After thinking about it a lot, and more or less coming to terms with my desires, I don't quite feel the need to have a reason to be in the state I'm most comfortable in. I think I was being far too intense about everything before. I guess I'm trying to say I'm just gonna wear as much as I can (still 24/7 at this point), but I'm able to be much more casual about it now. I've started seeing myself as someone who /does/ wear, but not necessarily someone who "absolutely needs to wear". I've been using diapers for years, and as such, have no issues wetting/messing in any position without thinking about it, so why try to make myself do anything. Far more comfortable to just /do/ without getting tripped up about it. Rather than forcing myself to wear all the time (which I think was actually damaging to my progress and overall well being), I've just come to accept it as part of who I am. I now wear not due to some phantom obligation or need, but because it's just something I do, it's just who I am. Overall, feeling pretty good. I want to thank everybody on this forum, reading what you all have to say has helped me greatly in "de-shaming" myself haha

Quick update. So I'm still going strong wearing constantly. I've though about what I want a lot, and spent a lot of time on this forum reading other posts. I do still want to be in diapers around the clock, but for the time being, I asked myself why it had to be black or white. After thinking about it a lot, and more or less coming to terms with my desires, I don't quite feel the need to have a reason to be in the state I'm most comfortable in. I think I was being far too intense about everything before. I guess I'm trying to say I'm just gonna wear as much as I can (still 24/7 at this point), but I'm able to be much more casual about it now. I've started seeing myself as someone who /does/ wear, but not necessarily someone who "absolutely needs to wear". I've been using diapers for years, and as such, have no issues wetting/messing in any position without thinking about it, so why try to make myself do anything. Far more comfortable to just /do/ without getting tripped up about it. Rather than forcing myself to wear all the time (which I think was actually damaging to my progress and overall well being), I've just come to accept it as part of who I am. I now wear not due to some phantom obligation or need, but because it's just something I do, it's just who I am. Overall, feeling pretty good. I want to thank everybody on this forum, reading what you all have to say has helped me greatly in "de-shaming" myself haha
Congratulations millions of people wear diapers as recreational therapy ,there is absolutely no reason to try and untrain and become Incontinent ,Incontinence takes it from therapy to chore,and you then have to find a new reason to like diapers, because having to do something absolutely sucks.i have friends who liked to travel ,liked to wear diapers so they got what seemed like a perfect job ,truck driving ,they are now miserable because there not on the road diapered ,getting to see places and intresting things,they have rules and deadlines they have to meet and rest requirements, along with they only make it home on days off like once a month , it's a hard forced life instead of recreation , Incontinence does the same thing forces diaper wearing from I am going to chill and enjoy as recreation ,to this damn thing needs to be changed, I just put it on an hour ago ,damn it ! Don't sign yourself up for that,there are no benefits .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I think you just have to do what feels rights for you balanced with what you can actually do when living your normal vanilla life. I had a number of relatively short periods of going 24/7 for up to three weeks before I finally decided that becoming IC and diaper dependance was what I really desired. Now the fetish/recreational aspect of it does not often cross my mind but I still feel the need to be genuinely IC and am still working towards that goal. There may come a time when you have the same need as me or just want to continue for pure escapist recreation. Either is fine. The best of luck with whatever path you chose to take.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Cruiser 03 said:

Congratulations millions of people wear diapers as recreational therapy ,there is absolutely no reason to try and untrain and become Incontinent ,Incontinence takes it from therapy to chore,and you then have to find a new reason to like diapers, because having to do something absolutely sucks.i have friends who liked to travel ,liked to wear diapers so they got what seemed like a perfect job ,truck driving ,they are now miserable because there not on the road diapered ,getting to see places and intresting things,they have rules and deadlines they have to meet and rest requirements, along with they only make it home on days off like once a month , it's a hard forced life instead of recreation , Incontinence does the same thing forces diaper wearing from I am going to chill and enjoy as recreation ,to this damn thing needs to be changed, I just put it on an hour ago ,damn it ! Don't sign yourself up for that,there are no benefits .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

It’s not a chore. It’s a deep seeded need for some reason for some of us. For us it’s not recreation. It’s different levels for different people. Knowing that it will happen without warning over & over again without the control or desire to stop makes us feel whole. We understand that it’s something we cannot understand and fully accept it as not a lifestyle but rather a way of being. What ever works well for you I applaud. I will always continue with what works well for me as well. The end result is the same.

• Like 1

I can say for me personally taking the steps to unpotty train myself have been extremely positive.  Wearing diapers all the time was the balance I needed.  The desire and need to be diapered both physically and mentally is different for each and everyone of us.  Only you know what that level of need is.  If you find yourself fighting your desire to wear diapers permanently it can be mentally exhausting.  I decided why fight it anymore.  Now that it is diapers all the time for me, my thoughts are not constantly consumed by diapers and I can focus on the more important things in life like my marriage and family.

Has wearing diapers permanently become a chore?  If I really stop and think about it before wearing diapers I went to the potty maybe nine or ten times a day thanks to my overactive bladder and rectal leakage.  Now I have one or two bowel movements and change my diaper about three to four times a day.  That means I have reduced my trips to the bathroom by half.  Which was more of a chore?  Changing my diaper or running the potty marathon?  Looking at it in a positive manner, do you know how less embarrassed I am now?  Getting rectal leakage in your panties is so embarrassing.  You litteraly smell your nastiness all day and makes you feel gross.  Now that I am diapered all the time there is nothing to fear.  I leak more than ever but never notice the odor.  

My need for diapers has always been mental, physical, and sexual.  Now that I am in diapers all the time I feel complete.

Is there negatives to wearing diapers all the time?  Of course there is.  Does it effect how I live my life?  Absolutely not.  You learn to deal with the planning and the untimely leaks.  For me personally that is a small price to pay to be happy.

Here is an example of what can happen wearing diapers permanently.  I sprung a leak while getting off of an airplane flight.  Luckily the leak was contained by my protective panties and my onesie.  Quick trip to a wonderful restroom, a wipe down of my panties, and a diaper change and it is like nothing ever happened.

15514_240x320.jpeg

Now that it is diapers all the time for me, my thoughts are not constantly consumed by diapers and I can focus on the more important things in life like my marriage and family.

Well put, that’s how I feel. When I had made the original post I was stressing myself out about it which was causing me a lot of conflict, and damaging my overall well being and progress towards my desires to just wear all the time. This was marginally better than not wearing all the time, because, as you said, when not padded, it occupied way too much of my brain. It was this weird dichotomy, each opposing side causing me stress.

What stevewet said here kinda stuck with me:
The best advice I an give for wearing 24/7 is just get on with it and work it out as you go. Seven years on and it is just part of life for me now. I found out what works and what doesn't and have my own way of doing things. Everyone is different and you will work it out. 

So now I’ve just decided “yeah I just wear diapers now, whatever” instead of the over intense approach I was taking at the time of the original post. Since this change to my disposition, i’m doing much better. No more inner turmoil and shame about my desires, which makes it way easier to stay diapered around the clock. I’m no longer /forcing/ myself to change into a fresh diaper after a shower, then being glad I did 15 minutes later. Now I just have a diaper on all the time because it’s just how I am, and how I want to be. It’s great, instead of loving it 90% of the time, i’m up to 100%

No end in site for the foreseeable future and I hope it stays that way! If I do end up taking X amount of days off, however, i’m not gonna stress about it.

I have been nappied for about three years 24/7 and have enjoyed every moment. I certainly don’t find it a chore and I don’t really like to refer to it as a ‘fetish’, for me it is a lifestyle choice. It took me over 45 years to even start to be comportabe with the fact that I wanted to wear nappies, the one day I just decided ‘to hell with it’ it is a part of who I am, stop obsessing and get on with it. Many of the forums like this were very supportive and encouraging and that helped. Yes, it can be inconvenient and one or two friends have found out and many more will, but for me that is a small price to pay, indeed I find myself less embarrased now than I used to be. I am also aware that nappies have become less of a turn-on and my level of incontinence has increased during the day, but that is because I am more relaxed about it. I have almost always been a bedwetter anyway.

i wish I had done is 35 years earlier!

• Like 2