LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Kate and Tom Chapter 1

Kate and Tom

Chapter 1

Tom, in his late 30s, had a job with a a high flying corporate, until the pressure got to him. His doctor advised a 6 month break and Tom, assisted by Kate, his wife of five years, was struggling to recover.

Kate, also in her late 30s did her best, juggling her own high-paying corporate job with looking after Tom. Kate was often exasperated dealing with her husband's lack of insight into his condition. Tom's constant forgetfulness was the most trying aspect of his behaviour. As well as leaving a trail of debris after him in the house, he'd leave hotplates on in the kitchen, leave the fridge door open and even forget to go to the bathroom before going to bed. 

If she went out without Tom, Kate had got into the habit of phoning him during her absence to ask if everything was OK. 

'Just check the kitchen, honey, is everything there turned off and OK?' she'd ask, to which Tom would reply angrily that he didn't need reminding. 

He did though, and now, driving along the freeway to see a client, Kate rang Julie, the 21 year old daughter of her boss Emma. Julie was Kate's assistant at work, and the two had become firm friends.

'How are things going, Jules?' Kate asked.

'Oh, OK,' Julie answered.

Julie had arrived at Kate and Tom's sprawling suburban house as Kate left. 

'She'd in the car, just about to go,' Tom had told her.

'I know,' said Julie. 'I've just spoken to her. She said she told you I was coming over.'

'So?' said Tom. 'She's leaving.' 

'I know,' said Kate. 'I'm staying here to keep you company.'

'Why?' said Tom. 'I don't need the company. I've got stuff to do.'

'Tom,' said Julie kindly. 'Kate's worried about you being by yourself at the moment.'

Tom knew what this was about. 

'Look, Julie,' he said. 'I've had a few problems, but I'm working them out. I don't need you here to, you know, watch me or whatever.'

Tom's tone was cross.

'Tom,' said Julie. 'I'm not here to watch you. Just to keep you company and make sure that everything's OK.'

'OK,' said Tom, now glaring at Julie. 'I know I forget stuff sometimes, but I said I'm dealing with it. I don't need you here.'

Julie looked at Tom. He was wearing jeans and a shirt.

'Tom, please,' said Julie. 'Kate is trying to help, and so am I. No one's trying to upset you. Now, you need to do up your zipper. And I think you should be wearing underpants.'

Tom froze, and looked down at the gaping zipper of his jeans. He could see his penis on full view. The situation took the wind out of his sails.

'I'm sorry, Julie,' he said. 'I was dressing in a hurry, and...'

'It's OK,' said Julie. 'I've seen those things before. But zip up.'

Tom said nothing but pulled up his zipper. He turned and sat in an armchair.

'Would you like a cup of coffee?' Julie asked.

'Yes please,' said Tom, glad of the change of subject.

In the short silence that followed,  they both heard the sound of falling water. 

Tom realised what it was and stood.

'It's the handbasin,' he said. 'I was shaving and I may have left the tap on. I'll fix it.'

Regardless, Julie preceded Tom to the ensuite bathroom. The sink was over flowing, and the floor and mat were soaked.

Julie turned to Tom. His resentful manner had disappeared. Julie look at the stubble on his face and the shaving gear next to the basin.

'Did you shave, Tom?' she asked.

Tom felt his face.

'No, I was going to, and then Kate called out, and...' he said, feeling flustered.

'Tom,' said Julie, going to the basin and turning off the running tap, 'This is what Kate means.'

Tom had no answer to that. 

Julie picked up the sodden bathmat.

'I'll clean it up,' said Tom.

'No,' said Julie firmly. 'You go and sit down, please. I'll make you a cup of coffee in a minute.'

Tom looked at Julie for a moment, then turned to go to the living room. 

Tom sat in the armchair again. How come, he thought, this girl could come into his house and order him around? It wasn't fair. He folded his arms and stared into the garden, waiting for Julie to return. He wished he'd done up his zipper when he was getting dressed, then he remembered leaving his underpants on the corner of the bed. 

'Damn,' he muttered.

Julie had cleaned up the bathroom and made coffee for them both. She'd givene Tom his coffee, which he'd accepted grumpily and in silence.

Now Julie was in the kitchen, on the phone to Kate.

'We had a bit of an issue with a tap left on.' Julie was saying.

'No, just the bathroom floor. I've cleaned it up,' she said. 

There was a pause.

'He's sulking a bit,' Julie said, 'But he's OK. He doesn't think he needs any help, but his zipper was open when I got here.'

After another pause, Julie laughed. 

'No, he didn't, but it's OK,' she said. 'It takes a lot to embarrass me.'

'Well  that's good,' said Kate from her car. 'Thanks for doing this, Julie. I really appreciate it. Please give me a call if you need.'

'I will,' said Julie. 'And I don't mind. I do a lot of babysitting. I mean, you know, looking after people,' she added blushing at what she'd said.

'It's OK,' said Kate, realising Julie's embarrassment. 'He is a bit like a child at the moment in some ways. I'm sure your skills are helpful.'

The pair hung up, and Kate sat back, thinking of the couple of wet beds she'd dealt with in the last few weeks. Then she turned her mind to her work and drove on. 

To be continued.

• Like 2

You'll have to wait and see. This story has a standard sort of start, for me, anyway, but although the storyline is nothing new, I'll try to make it the best example of its type I can.  Sal

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Aargh! You're embarrassing me! I'll finish this, really. I need 'the urge' to write, like an artist working on six paintings at once - not that my stories are anything like art. 

It's hopelessly inefficient, but I work on them haphazardly, and sometimes get a new idea and rush into that. Believe me, it aggravates me as much as anyone, but it's the only way I can do it. : )

Sal