LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cloth nappy sizing

Hi I’ve gradually gained a fair bit of weight and I’m finding that I’m in between sizes of disposables , a medium being rather snug and large being far to big. I’m a 38” waist and was wondering what size terry cloth square I would need ? Any one give me advice ? 

Thanks

4 hours ago, nappied_in_swansea said:

Hi I’ve gradually gained a fair bit of weight and I’m finding that I’m in between sizes of disposables , a medium being rather snug and large being far to big. I’m a 38” waist and was wondering what size terry cloth square I would need ? Any one give me advice ? 

Thanks

I have a 36 (+) waist and use standard 27" wide by 36" long diaper flannel. You could possibly use 36" wide terry cloth and cut the width down to suit your waist size. Try using a bath towel to get an idea of what size diaper you need.

Hereis the story behind my diapers, which could probably fit you with some to spare, which was designed into the originals

How are you planning to fold them?  The only one I know is the kite fold, which is the most common fold I think, & works well overnight.  I'm not sure there is a fold that makes a terry square much good for wearing in public, as your bum will definitely look big in it!  My waist is 34", and a 4 ft square works fine for me.  The Arizona Care website says "Using the kite fold, our 48 x 48 inch nappy is suitable up to a 44 inch hip/waist", & I wouldn't be surprised if they're correct there.  Their terry squares and the Cuddlz ones are both well-made & very similar.

I would recommend, and agree on a 48x48 terry square, if using a kite fold method. The 48 fit range would be about, a 32-44 waist. 

Another posibilty to think on, is a custom made terry nappy/diaper. There are companies that will do custom sizing for you, whatever you want. Of course, it will cost much more, and a longer wait time. I had Angle Fluff, make a custom terry diaper, for me years ago. (Very thick!) I had them do a 37x31, and that would fit about 32- 42ish. The diaper is great! One of my favorites to wear, for a good bulky feel, but it does take more care to wash, and dry. Much longer then normal. But, you can have a thinner terry diaper, and use boosters, that would give the bulk, but be easier to wash and dry. I’ve added photos of my terry diaper.

B1D89DF0-6B69-4EBE-921F-D3E9F607DD13.jpeg

4AFA1555-965B-4525-9260-01D18473F0EF.jpeg

I absolutely love cloth diapers and I prefer to use 60” cotton square diapers which I fold myself, kite shape. In the center I’ll put a 60” cloth diaper in a rectangular shape to get the desired bulk. The two diapers hold a lot. I like the authentic look and feel. Top it off with a snug fitting plastic pant, absolute heaven.

16 hours ago, Like2bwet said:

Terry nappies are very good, i use them at night and some times for going out, i use 42" folded in the kite fold don't forget a good pair of plastic pants are needed

You need bigger pants than when you're wearing them over a disposable or a "daywear" washable.  I wear Arizona Care Medium pants normally over my washables, but need Large over a 4 ft terry kite fold.  That's only just big enough - as you're a bit bigger than me, you probably need their XL, or the equivalent size from another supplier.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, sorry for taking so long to reply to all of u for ur advice, I ordered a 42” terry square nappy and 4 large (3”) nappy pins, along with a pr of clear plastic pants, I made some extra soakers out of an old towel, the kite fold seemed easy to do, it took  few attempts to pin it on nice and secure,but once on it felt amazing, that night I slept like a baby lol, I’m now fully converted to Terry nappies, thanks once again 

On 1/21/2019 at 4:49 AM, Stroller said:

You need bigger pants than when you're wearing them over a disposable or a "daywear" washable.  I wear Arizona Care Medium pants normally over my washables, but need Large over a 4 ft terry kite fold.  That's only just big enough - as you're a bit bigger than me, you probably need their XL, or the equivalent size from another supplier.

The hip size tracks the waist. That is the problem with the narrow-range sizing, like "M; 32-36". You might end up with a hip size of 42. So what do you do at night?. If it were, "M; 32-44", You might have a hip size of "up to 48". It is often the case that the next highest will still fit. I am amedium with a waist of 36". Comco would have an uncovered gap so that it would be "M; 32"36. L; 38-42" The L would still fit me. With the old A.C. Medical, which had a wider range I could use a M or an L but could wear with the L, much thicker diapers. With the Gary from LL Medico. I can fit into anything from a small to the 5xl (albeit that the 5xl is a bit loos, it will still stay up) I usually use a 2xl snap on. For the Babykins rubber pantiy I have an xl but could use a 2xl or maybe a 3, but the medium us out of the question.

This is how my diapers are made

They look the same but come in two "weights", heavy and light. This means I can use them in 5 different ways: 1. single light, 2. single heavy, 3. double light, 4. one of each and 5. double heavy, all with the sam panty; a Gary 2xl and Babykins xl rubber. However the Babykins has a side seam that is too small and a too-narrow croch. After 17-1/2 hours yesterdday, 6pm the night before to 11:30 AM they were maybe 90% to capacity using one of each weight, and starting to smell. Because I have a stay-dry/training liner, most of my chastity area was perfectly dry. i should also mention that the Babkins light ivory rubber panties look mor like child's than baby's

Along with crotch width, which should be at least 11", rubber panties are graded in two ways if the figure is given at all. 1. hip size or 2. side seam length. Since I wear a "little's", that would equvialently fit age 4 to 9, and not a baby, diaper

large.2026942208_6readyforrubberpanties.

I need at least a 14" side seam or my diaper start to bunch up at the side. So the Gary 2xl fits me best, It can accommodate  all the ways my diaper can be worn from single light to double heavy and still fit me. The Babykins rubber should be about 2" longer at the side seam and crotch

large.5a12606eacae4_3rubberpanty13.jpg.c

this is why little girls were very often put in full dresses if they were going on a long trip; 2 hours or more, and since this was before the Interstate system that was begun in c1855 and is still being tweaked today, when speeds were averaging 35 mph (city driving included). there was no realistic way for a girl to "relieve" herself since the car could not be stopped near a wooded area and she could run behind a tree like a boy or man and she could not really be expected to hold it like a grown up for up to 4 hours if need be

the net effect of this is that I use panties with a wide range of sizing when I can and companies ought to include both the side seam length and crotch width in the size chart, which for anything other than a bikini cut or low-rider should be at least 11" each and go up from there