LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

do you fell shame in your wetting

oldwetter66

2 hours ago, oldwetter66 said:

The one thing I hate most is A wet bed that is why I wear diapers.I have found out that cloth diapers work best at night with plastic pants

I hate wet bedsheets my doctor should have me wear diapers to bed because if my bladder leaks even a little bit my bedsheets sometimes get wet and I hate it and my parents don’t believe I’m incontinent because my bladder is weak but when I have a cystoscopy done and I pee myself right in front of the doctor they’ll know I mean we’re not babies if we need diapers, sometimes we just need protection to keep our pants and  bedsheets  dry because our bladders can’t hold our pee at night that well, in fact I had to go pee so badly 15 minutes ago that I would have soaked my bed if I waited and there’s nothing more embarrassing than peeing all over a brand new bed it’s barely a year old because my bedroom was redone and I’m very embarrassed when I leak 

I used to wear GoodNites when I was a teenager and because of my cerebral palsy and premature birth I stayed the same size I was when I was 14 and my GoodNites almost never leaked on me and at night I just peed when I felt like it in my GoodNites and I’ve heard Depend Fit Flex holds more pee than GoodNites and I’ll get to try them soon once my sample pack arrives because I told Depend about my bladder leakage and they told me to wear one to bed 

• 3 weeks later...

I DONT FEEL ASHAMED OF MY BEDWETTING ANYMORE THAT MY WIFE IS UNDERSTANDING THAT I CANT HELP IT. AT FIRST IT WAS HARD TO HANDLE THAT I COULDN'T HELP IT AND HAD TO WEAR DIAPERS TO BED NEXT TO MY WIFE BUT THE LOVE AND ACCEPTANCE OF MY WIFE HAS HELPED ALOT.  

On 2/8/2019 at 11:44 PM, oldwetter66 said:

The one thing I hate most is A wet bed that is why I wear diapers.I have found out that cloth diapers work best at night with plastic pants

A wet bed only bothers me if I wake up in the middle of the night. If I wake up with one in the morning its not really a big deal. I take a heavy duty psychiatric med that usually makes me sleep right through so its not usually a problem.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

No one should feel ashamed of a medical condition.  My incontinence is the same as my arthritis.  They both are medical conditions over which I have  no control.

That being said, my incontinence is a personal and private matter.  I do not advertise it but that is  not because I am ashamed of it.

I am double incontinent - both bladder and bowel.  I have two medical conditions that are highly stigmatized in our society.

• Like 2

That's one of the nice things about being a senior... No one thinks it's odd if you have incontinence issues.

I have openly talked with several doctors, nurses, and others about my bedwetting. I don't mind at all if they know I wear diapers.

• Like 1

I have been seeing a urologist at least yearly for more than two decadess now, and understand that what they deal with on a regular basis, are people that have issues with their bladder control.  I see in the waiting room, a vast array of folks, some much younger than me, and others about my age and older.  

My doctors have told me long ago that my symptoms often lead to continence issues, which they have, and even with the procedures that are available, one of which I went through to help prolong my ability to avoid this as well as the most common form of cancer in men, I was always aware that I may be dealing with wetting problems to a greater degree as I became older, which I am now dealing with.  To be sure, that office does expect to see and offer advice about absorbent protection products, and even dispenses these on occasion as I learned after my procedure, advising the need for these for a period of time till things heal after the work was done on my prostrate.

That was nearly 10 yrs ago but since that point, things have gone downhill as I was told to expect.

Daytime I am always using a pad to keep my clothes dry, and at night now, I wear a diaper and waterproof pant to keep my bed dry.

Am I ashamed, not at all, no more than any other medical hardship.  I am careful and modest in how I use and dispose of these products, as many still don't understand that these are no different than a walking cane, or eyeglasses, only something to help normalize my lifestyle as I deal with this small handicap. 

The shame comes from the general public's perceptions of adults that wear diapers.  Incontinence is a lot more accepted these days then it was 30 or 40 years ago.  TV commercials and products have seen to that.  Still, the general public's perceptions and disgusts about adults who wear diapers and wet and soil themselves are prevalent.  I believe part of it has to deal with the fact that you are wearing a diaper that holds your bodily wastes on your person.  You are walking around with urine or fecal matter in basically a sack between and around your legs and waist.  These people also remember the nasty chore of changing their own kid's diapers and cleaning up their accidents when they were young toddlers or children.

They look at it as most people do, diapers are for babies and toddlers and the goal is to get them potty trained ASAP when they are ready for it.  They don't want their kids soiling themselves because poop is nasty.  That itself is one of the main reasons the public feels disgust, although they sometimes have sympathy with older people who wear diapers.  Their reactions may be a reason some feel shame in wetting themselves or messing and have to wear diapers for protection.  People often don't care the medical reasons for it, it's just disgusting to them knowing a person is walking around in a urine soaked diaper, even if it's just at night for enuresis.

They don't feel the same about a person who is in a wheelchair, wears glasses or a hearing aid or uses a walker.  Those are also obvious medical issues.  The thing is, people expect some to need these as they get older or have physical limitations due to CP, MS or being in some kind of accident that took away their mobility.  They still haven't fully grasped the fact that medical issues can affect all parts of someone's body, not just sight, hearing or mobility.  When they think of an adult having to wear diapers, all kinds of things go through their heads from being a pedophile, someone who likes to wet and mess themselves, etc.  While people can look at someone and converse normally if they wear glasses, need a hearing aid or walk with a walker as normal people, I think it's the reactions seen or unseen to a person who has to wear diapers that reflects back on that person and makes them feel some type of guilt or shame. 

If you can't control your bladder, bowels or just wet the bed, it's not your fault and you shouldn't feel shame about it (although for many I can see it might be hard not to feel that way).  People who have actual incontinence or bedwet due to being in an accident or having a medical condition should look at it as the same as a person whos in a wheelchair, blind, deaf or has some other disability.  Myself, given the choice of being blind, deaf or having to wear a diaper, I'll take the diaper any day!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

No one should ever, ever be shamed or ashamed for wetting your diaper. Being in diapers and incontinent should not be looked down upon.  Being Incontinent is a medical condition and also a disability.

As an adult baby and Incontinent, I am not ashamed of wetting or messing in my diapers and it's as normal as for those who are able to use to the potty as well. Being incontinent, I know I wet and mess in my diapers all the time and it's very normal for me.

On top of that, being an adult baby and Incontinent, I often talk to doctors, nurses and others about my incontinence and me being an adult baby. They know I wear diapers and they know I am an adult baby as well. They are comfortable and supportive me being diapered and being an adult baby,

Which is why I am a huge supporter of normalizing adult diapers and people wearing diapers for medical or personnal reasons. Often fight to change the stigma of adults wearing diapers.

• Like 1

One other point.  How many toddlers and kids were shamed by their parents for having an accident in their pants after being toilet trained?  Accidents happen with kids and even with grown adults.  That's why they have Depends underwear and Poise pads.  How would those same parents feel if their kids came up to them and shamed them for leaking urine in their pants when they laughed, sneezed or did something strenuous?  Still, with many parents they jump to a conclusion when their kid has an accident in their pants or wets their bed, thinking they are potty trained and it shouldn't have happened (even if the kid is sick with the flu).  They berate and shame their kids for it so that sticks with them.  They wet the bed as an adult and feel shame because their parents shamed them when it happened as a kid.

I typically don't extend these conversations that I prompt, but in this case, I feel it important to make my primary point again.

I was not speaking about something that can be overcome with proper training, I was speaking of a true handicap, something that you have to deal with no matter what.

It is understandable why in some case, parents are hard on their kids if they have an accident, even as I don't agree with this course of action, but in the end, they are attempting to help the kids understand that this was not acceptable as they DO NOT HAVE A HANDICAP, but are learning to react to natural feelings and should be doing that in an appropriate fashion.

I do agree with some of what is said above, many people don't understand that this is truly a handicap for most adults, not what I spoke of above when children first have to learn the difference between the diapers they use prior to learning how to get to a toilet in time.

• Like 1
On 3/2/2023 at 10:12 PM, Diapered Dave said:

That's one of the nice things about being a senior... No one thinks it's odd if you have incontinence issues.

I have openly talked with several doctors, nurses, and others about my bedwetting. I don't mind at all if they know I wear diapers.

Same here I have talked openly with My doctor, urologist, continence nurse and diabetic nurse. They all know I wear nappies and no one judges me.

• Like 2
On 1/17/2019 at 1:49 AM, oldwetter66 said:

Do you fell shame in being a Adult that wets the bed or day time?

I do.but there are some of you that seam happy or even proud that you wet!

No I am proud of my nightly wetting. This is my bed this morning. I've just left it to dry 

20221228_095246.jpg

• Like 1
4 hours ago, stevewet said:

Same here I have talked openly with My doctor, urologist, continence nurse and diabetic nurse. They all know I wear nappies and no one judges me.

I do that too and I talk to me doctors and nurses openly about me being in diapers and being kept in them. They all. know I wear diapers and they don't even judge me. They are so supportive of me and they even know I am an adult baby as well.

• Like 1

It doesn’t matter what health issues you have , you have no choice you have to play the cards your dealt .

the only thing worse then a treatable medical condition is making yourself miserable or not fully participating in your life because of it. Attaching (emotional disorder)shame or embarrassment to a physical disease or disorder you do nothing but make the situation worse and more of burden ( in many cases the emotional suffering people inflict on themselves is torture compared to the reality of the physical ailment ) .

you may feel alone , your not 

you are but one of many ( considering I have diseases that are so rare I am literally the only person known to be alive on earth to have them ) makes me a somewhat defacto expert on not catastrophising a physical problem into a mental one as well . 

Using and wearing diapers in the grand scheme of things isn’t romantic , fun , or inspiring in anyway , however it has got to be all of those things compared to say liver cancer or dead .

so please folks reconsider allowing physical stuff to become mental stuff . It’s not worth it , it’s like banging your head against the wall , feels amazing when you stop !, so please never start , connecting emotions to physical health issues .  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Smores said:

I am honestly a little scared. I am worried about finding a partner who understands my medical condition and what their family might think of me. I worry about what children might think and, honestly, the last thing I think about is what my partner thinks and that is because I am very upfront about it. 

It is really the family and child part that scares me. I have already had a partner who knew and that was fine. Her mom didn't need to know about it, she didn't sleep with me, her daughter did, and she was comfortable with me and all of my hurdles. 

I am currently single, I just couldn't deal with her hang ups, long story short: I believe I will find a partner, but I worry about the future we will have if needing diapers is abstract to them. I try to be up front about it to not waste time. I don't want to skate around the fact I might wet the bed. I am trying to be responsible. When I discuss it I just don't want to be called gross. So far that has not happened, but it is always in the back of my mind. 😕

God, that was me the other night. I leaked out the front of my diaper and pants... I am sorry. My bed doesn't smell now. Do you have a mattress protector? 

AS IN I had leaked too the same way. Sorry if that was confusing. The way it put their photo in there made it look like I took the photo and I did not. I meant that I had an accident that looked just like theirs. I hope I didn't confuse anyone. I am new here to the forum. 

Glad you liked my picture enough to borrow it. Yes I have mattress protector. Never not had one.