LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Hoarding diapers, but why?

pppants

I’m not sure why I do this, but it recently occurred to me I may be a diaper hoarder of sorts. 

I find that whenever I buy a case of a new diaper I’ve never tried, I typically save one unopened pack and set it aside for later. I’m not entirely sure what later means though, as whenever I’m “running low”, I find myself re-upping on more day to day level dips. For a while my order was a usually a case of Abena L4's and a single pack of a premium diaper I wanted to try. 

I typically only wear the premium dips for extended recreational lounge days or nights I've been drinking heavily, and use the Abena's as my day to day diaper. Abena's arent great, but still an above average diaper, for cheap). 

Anywho upon receiving my case of Betterdry's yesterday I noticed I've gotta rethink storage for all my unopeneds. The list this far includes

1 PeekABU

1 Northshore Supreme

1 Confidry 24/7

1 Rearz Supreme overnight

4 Betterdry

2 Abena

I may have a problem ?‍♂️

Does anyone else "hoard" diapers?

1 hour ago, pppants said:

I’m not sure why I do this, but it recently occurred to me I may be a diaper hoarder of sorts. 

I find that whenever I buy a case of a new diaper I’ve never tried, I typically save one unopened pack and set it aside for later. I’m not entirely sure what later means though, as whenever I’m “running low”, I find myself re-upping on more day to day level dips. For a while my order was a usually a case of Abena L4's and a single pack of a premium diaper I wanted to try. 

I typically only wear the premium dips for extended recreational lounge days or nights I've been drinking heavily, and use the Abena's as my day to day diaper. Abena's arent great, but still an above average diaper, for cheap). 

Anywho upon receiving my case of Betterdry's yesterday I noticed I've gotta rethink storage for all my unopeneds. The list this far includes

1 PeekABU

1 Northshore Supreme

1 Confidry 24/7

1 Rearz Supreme overnight

4 Betterdry

2 Abena

I may have a problem ?‍♂️

Does anyone else "hoard" diapers?

This is all part of the binge and purge cycle.  Sometimes I could not stop buying diapers and would litteraly have enough diapers saved for a year of use.  Now that I wear diapers permanently I really only buy diapers as needed.  I am happy the roller coaster ride of binging and purging is over.

22 minutes ago, MarkSmith said:

This is all part of the binge and purge cycle.  Sometimes I could not stop buying diapers and would litteraly have enough diapers saved for a year of use.  Now that I wear diapers permanently I really only buy diapers as needed.  I am happy the roller coaster ride of binging and purging is over.

My problem is I'm well beyond ever purging again. My wife knows and I don't have to hide anything ?

Part of it for me is getting the best bang for the buck, which means getting cases instead of one bag.  In some instances getting a case is less than double the price of getting a one bag, so it's hard to justify just getting one bag.

The next part is my desire to try every ABDL diaper out there (as well as medical diapers from ABDL aware manufacturers such as NorthShoreCare).  While I can often find samples of new diapers on Wearing Clouds or on eBay, that's not true for all new offerings.  I've been keeping one of each individual diaper model I get, and I now have over 100 individual diapers in that collection....which takes room to store.

And then there are serendipity moments such as when I get sent the wrong diapers, and the vendor tells me to keep those and sends me the ones I ordered.  Also, I was lucky and recently won a case of Bambino Cloudee diapers from the Reddit /r/abdl giveaway they recently had (spoiler alert -- they are very cute and work well).  I'm definitely going to keep them, but I do have to find a place for them.  

There will be no purge, but I do have to figure out a way to keep from ordering more diapers than I can store.  

I have been stocking up on diapers for the last 6 months. I buy them when I see a good price on Amazon or other sites. I buy primarily Seni diapers or Dry 24/7 diapers. At last count, I think I have around 23 cases of diapers in the basement that total around 1500 or so diapers. I figure at the rate I use them, about 15 to 20 diapers per week, I have about a 20 to 24 month supply of high quality diapers stashed. I don't consider it hoarding because they will all be used within 2 years. Hoarding is something you keep that never gets used.

“Inventory check. Not including the Peak ABU I just put on. I have. 

Bambino: 39 Teddy, 245 Bellisimo and 10 Magnifico. 

ABU: 31 Little Paws, 18 Space, 106 Peak ABU’s, 45 Simple Ultras, 83 Cushies, 16 SDK V1’s, 235 SDK V2’s, 166 Kiddos, 95 Preschools, 16 Bair Bums. 

Rearz: 14 Safari

Snuggies: 15 OG Waddler Overnight with adhesive tapes, 24 Galactic. 

Crinklez: 15 Original design, 49 Astronaut 

37 Molicare Super Plus 

44 Abena M4

69 Tena Slip Max

6 Depend Maximum Protection

134 Goodnights LX

almost two years worth at my rate of consumption. “

Not doing a recount so I just grabbed this from the How big is your diaper stach thread from a few months ago. I added a case of cloudie diapers so that should offset what I’ve used since then. 

I like to have a large stock for a few reason. 1. I do not like to run out of a specific diaper. ABU is out of medium diapers often so I buy in bulk to weather the storm so to speak. 2. It saves money to buy cases vs a bag. 3. I like walking into my master closet and seeing all my diapers stacked up on the shelving for whatever reason. I have the room and funds so why not. I also agree with fillemup. These are all going to get used so it’s not really hoarding imo. Just a decent well organized collection. 

19 minutes ago, SoggySoCal said:

“Inventory check. Not including the Peak ABU I just put on. I have. 

Bambino: 39 Teddy, 245 Bellisimo and 10 Magnifico. 

ABU: 31 Little Paws, 18 Space, 106 Peak ABU’s, 45 Simple Ultras, 83 Cushies, 16 SDK V1’s, 235 SDK V2’s, 166 Kiddos, 95 Preschools, 16 Bair Bums. 

Rearz: 14 Safari

Snuggies: 15 OG Waddler Overnight with adhesive tapes, 24 Galactic. 

Crinklez: 15 Original design, 49 Astronaut 

37 Molicare Super Plus 

44 Abena M4

69 Tena Slip Max

6 Depend Maximum Protection

134 Goodnights LX

almost two years worth at my rate of consumption. “

Not doing a recount so I just grabbed this from the How big is your diaper stach thread from a few months ago. I added a case of cloudie diapers so that should offset what I’ve used since then. 

I like to have a large stock for a few reason. 1. I do not like to run out of a specific diaper. ABU is out of medium diapers often so I buy in bulk to weather the storm so to speak. 2. It saves money to buy cases vs a bag. 3. I like walking into my master closet and seeing all my diapers stacked up on the shelving for whatever reason. I have the room and funds so why not. I also agree with fillemup. These are all going to get used so it’s not really hoarding imo. Just a decent well organized collection. 

Your stash is impressive and is as big as mine is. The only difference is you have a much better assortment of different high quality diapers in your stash. My stash is all Seni Super, Seni Super Plus, Seni Quatro, and Dry 24/7 diapers. These diapers are the best fitting for me and give me the protection I need. At some point in the future when my stash starts to run low, I will try some of the other brands that you have listed in your stash.

I never really thought of it being a hoarder but if I were to look at the numbers it could be. I guess I have well over 1800 diapers in stock. Exact numbers per type fail me but I have some:

Tena Maxi.

Tena ultima cloth backed.

Tena ultima plastic backed.

Tena original.

Molicare super plus.

Better dry.

Crinklz.

Attends M10.

Abena M3.

Abena M4.

These are all in the size M. Not only that I have a large collection of plastic pants and cloth diapers. As it comes to diapers and plastic pants and if I see something I like I’ll have to have it especially if it is retro. Hoarder? Well I guess so if I look at the numbers.

It's hardly surprising that a lot of us are hoarders to some extent, to me anyway.  I'd guess that most of us are anxious types to some extent, looking for ways of keeping ourselves safe and secure.  Our need for nappies is part of our solution.  Hoarding is, for some of us, another part.  While I'm not a hoarder, I can understand why people do it.  Anyway, it's only a problem if it gets in the way of the rest of your life, so why not?

OK, that's just my view, not any sort of absolute "truth".  Personally I've got far fewer nappies stashed away than I used to, as I mostly wear washables these days.

Hoarding behavior occurs basically out of fear that you will not be able to get the itmes that you are hoardingn when you want or need them. It is one of the most studied behaviors in psychology I suspect that in the world of paper diapers, this comes from two sources. 1.  the fact that they are thrown away after use and therefor not available so you wish to ensure that you have "enough", with "enough" being re-defined when you get some. "I have five, but I may need 10: I have 10, but how do I know I don't need 20..." and it becomes a feedback loop. like anorexia. This is prevented by setting a goal at the start, or interrupting the loop to set a goal then stick to it and put re-supply on a fixed or nearly fixed schedule, bosed either on time (every x number of weeks or months) or inventory ( I'm down to my last x number of packs or my last case, with budgeting included in the re-supply process). 2. that the specific kind and model you want may disappear, such as plastic backed, so you grab all you can "get while the getting is good". Related is Fear Of Missing Out; on an irreplaceable opportunity or a good deal

Many reasons.  I like to try different brands of diapers for variety.  True, most of my diapers are from the Goodwill or thrift stores these days but now that I'm working again I bought a bag of Betterdry diapers in November.  These will last me a very long time since I only wear diapers 2 or 3 mornings a week for about 3 hours at a time.  These are my 8+ hour out of town for the day shopping diapers (even though I wore one to bed last night and I'm still in it now wetting it).  I wouldn't call it hording in the usual sense where someone hordes so much stuff you can't even walk though their house.  I look at it this way.  If you only wore one brand of diaper and one brand only, then keeping a couple bags around just in case when you order your next shipment is no big deal.  Lets say you like wearing 5 or 6 different brands of diapers.  Abena, Northshore (many varieties), TENA, Betterdry, Confidry 24/7, Rearz (many different designs), Tranquility, Bambino, etc.  You know that the next case you order will be for a different brand than what you have been wearing so you save one package of the brand you have been using when you order a different brand.  Then after using the different brand you've ordered you plan on ordering yet a third or forth different brand you like.  You save one package from the cases you've been using and next thing you know, you have 5 or 6 full packages of all different brands of diapers.  To me, this is smart if you wear diapers daily or 24/7 (or even just a few times a week).  Now you have built up a variety at home to use instead of always having to use the same brand each day because that is all you have of what you've ordered a case of.  You can use different brands of diapers each day and when one of the last packs is getting low, that tells you what the next brand is that you need to order.  As long as long as you can afford it, it sounds like a great idea!

Sort of:

I tend to hold onto diapers I buy even when there crappy or don’t fit or whatever, mostly because it takes ages before I finally bite the bullet and sort through my stash.

I don’t have unlimited space and I end up with a draw crammed full of diapers gathering dust and getting in the way of the good stuff

I usually have some packs of either diapers or pull-ups in stock and use them up. When I have the feeling I'm running out ? I order

or buy some new ones. I usually don't hoard or collect any samples.

Hoarding behavior occurs basically out of fear that you will not be able to get the itmes that you are hoardingn when you want or need them. It is one of the most studied behaviors in psychology I suspect that in the world of paper diapers, this comes from two sources. 1.  the fact that they are thrown away after use and therefor not available so you wish to ensure that you have "enough", with "enough" being re-defined when you get some. "I have five, but I may need 10: I have 10, but how do I know I don't need 20..." and it becomes a feedback loop. like anorexia. This is prevented by setting a goal at the start, or interrupting the loop to set a goal then stick to it and put re-supply on a fixed or nearly fixed schedule, bosed either on time (every x number of weeks or months) or inventory ( I'm down to my last x number of packs or my last case, with budgeting included in the re-supply process). 2. that the specific kind and model you want may disappear, such as plastic backed, so you grab all you can "get while the getting is good". Related is Fear Of Missing Out; on an irreplaceable opportunity or a good deal

This^
My partner has been frustrated by my hoarding in the past as we live in a 1000 SQ ft apartment. Our solution? We got a really nice locking cabinet from IKEA - it has enough room for a case of diapers, and all of my vintage baby diaper hoard.

Though we often call a large number of something a "hoard", hoarding is not collecting. Collecting is geared to the purpose of having representative items of specific kinds and that is their value. Hoarding is from the fear of not having enough to use. In re rusty pins remarks; hoarding is not driven by having a good supply of a variety of the thing that you are saving. Since I do not know the ins and outs of paper diapers, one is the other to me. Hoarding ignores the differences, just keeps on saving out of fear of not having enough gone into a feedback loop. Collecting and variety are different from hoarding

Now as to the question of "why"?

"Why" is often misused to indicate a superordinate principle. The reality is that there are three things hear

1 How. This inquires into the process or 'nuts and bolts" of something
2. How come: This is more of an overall explanation, the superordinate principle that underlies the process
3. Why: This is a whole different level. it inquires into the motivation. if you see it in French "porquoi", Spanish and Protugues "Porque" and Italian; {porche", and translate each of those literally, you get "for what". This points to a desired end-state and is therefore teleological. The "why" of something is not easy to find out. 1. It may not have been consciously set up or it "just happened" and there really is no "why", 2. It was a response to something and the impetus and the decision may be forgotten. 3.  It worked before and has become "automatic"

But to ask "why" of one's own behavior means it is time to take a look at it and see if it is useful

The first rule of behavior is "Reinforcement increases the likelihood that the behavior will be done again. Punishment decreases the likelihood that the behaviour will be done again: if it works, do it more and more strongly; if it fails, do it less and hopefully, not at all. Now, in terms of inquiring into one's own "why" the first thing is "what does it accomplish?" and "Do I need that or that much of what it does?" if the answer to the second is "not this much" then the next thing is "How much would be reasonable [satisfy the need or want without overdoing it]?'

I seem to hoard diapers too, but I'm not sure why. I don't really have cases of diapers per say, but I do have 2 closet shelves full of diapers. I only wear them at night whenever I'm in the mood. But I still buy a pack or two every so often.

I would say I’m part hoarder, part collector. I do have a decent amount of ABDL diapers handy:

5 1/2 packs PeekABUs

2 packs Cushies

2 packs LittlePawz

1 1/2 packs Kiddos

4 packs Little Builders

1/2 pack Lil’ Monsters

6-8 packs modern Goodnites

At the same time, though, I have a larger collection of vintage and out-of-production baby diapers and training pants. I mean dozens of different Pull Ups, Goodnites, Underjams, Easy Ups, and various Huggies, Luvs and Pampers throughout the years, even some stuff from overseas.

Ultimately, I think for me it comes down to my eyes are bigger than my stomach, so to speak. Anytime I buy diapers, I buy in bulk, but when it comes around to wearing, I tend to fluctuate as to how much or often I feel like wearing, this leaving me with a large supply. Either that, or I’m just buying too many at a time. ?

I have gotten bitched at by my landlord for having 40 cases on hand , my primary diaper is cloth so I tend to accumulate large hordes of disposables , i seem to have finnaly developed a relief valve , a user with a long bed truck who doesn't mind the 4 1/2 hour drive up to my house to take them off my hands , it seems that getting rid of large caches is more difficult than you could possibly know people don't want to drive here to get 4000 free diapers .who new?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk