LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Promoting a book?

Hey everyone,

I self published my first book and have been working to get it out there. I've been posting regularly on Twitter and ABDL.link as well as posting a "teaser" here. I also started a promotion that if you sign up to my newsletter you get the book free. 

Just wondering what anyone else would have for advice to help get my book out there.

I finished my book in June 2017 (although I made a couple of amendment editions and the final format was in September 2017. I submitted the idea to some online publishers. One asked me to forward it to them. I don't think I ever got round to that. I made a number of copies and sold them myself. I think I only officially sold 14 copies, but a handful of others were gifted to people or given to libraries. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've published 5 books to Amazon and enrolled them in the KDP thing where they are allowed to be read by those with the Kindle Unlimited. They can also be loaned by those that have them.

So far I've sold 3 paperbacks, a dozen Kindle editions and given away a few hundred. I make more off the pages read under KDP than I do from sales of ebooks and paperbacks.

Generally, I publicize my upcoming free weekend for a particular book here and another board I frequent because I want to make sure the folks that I spend the most virtual time with can get my stuff for free.

So far, I'm only publishing to Amazon because it is easy and it's a one-stop for the whole world. I'm not getting rich but I do get a kick out of the fact that the paperbacks actually sold! I only did it on a whim to see if there was any desire.

• Like 1
On 2/1/2019 at 8:22 PM, BoTox said:

I've published 5 books to Amazon and enrolled them in the KDP thing where they are allowed to be read by those with the Kindle Unlimited. They can also be loaned by those that have them.

So far I've sold 3 paperbacks, a dozen Kindle editions and given away a few hundred. I make more off the pages read under KDP than I do from sales of ebooks and paperbacks.

Generally, I publicize my upcoming free weekend for a particular book here and another board I frequent because I want to make sure the folks that I spend the most virtual time with can get my stuff for free.

So far, I'm only publishing to Amazon because it is easy and it's a one-stop for the whole world. I'm not getting rich but I do get a kick out of the fact that the paperbacks actually sold! I only did it on a whim to see if there was any desire.

So I'm only on Amazon as well but I debated the KDP section but wanted to do a giveaway with my book on my newsletter for a bit before committing to the KDP. 

I have often wondered about the paperback thing as well but haven't done it yet. Thought maybe I'd wait a bit and then offer it after a few months. 

I'll definitely have to try the KDP maybe in a month or so. 

• Like 1