LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Are video chats safe?

I've thought about doing a Skype or Whatsup video chat with another DL, however I've always been nervous because it might be recorded. I know Whatsup has encryption to stop a 3rd party from getting it but I'm concerned the person on the other end might record and release or some version of that.

What have others heard on the subject? Ever heard of someone getting screwed over?

I don't know whether it's happened to anyone (although I imagine it has).  I do know, however, that there's no way you can prevent the person on the other end recording everything, assuming they know enough PC stuff.

In a word, No. Unless you know the person well. you do not want to use anything that can be saved, like a screenshot that shows your pic, or recorded like your voice which someone might recognize. If you are dealing with someone you do nto know  well, just ask yourself "What can POSSIBLY go wrong" and this guy named Murphy will pop up with a big thick book

These are the rules I follow and taught my daughter:

1.) Stay clothed during video chats, picture shares etc. Once a topless video or photo is out there, you have no control over it anymore.
2.) Video chat only with people who you've met in real life, and have frequent contact with.
3.) Never say or do anything on a video chat that you are not comfortable with people hearing or seeing.

You never know who is in the room off camera, you never know if the person you are talking to is recording, etc... It is a fucked up world where blame is to often shifted to victims, especially non-cis males, so protect yourself, because the laws and society are not doing a good job of it right now.

12 minutes ago, TheBowGirl said:

These are the rules I follow and taught so protect yourself, because the laws and society are not doing a good job of it right now.

And you would not want them to,either. Put "society" or the government in charge of something and watch what happens. How could you have externally implemented security toat whas not as intrusive as a sword blade stuck in your heart and lungs?? When the TSA was formed, isreal, which had been dealing with 9/11 leve threats for years before was deliberately not consulted in the matter. So now we have that intrusive abortion of security to deal wtih that has stopped exactly nothing

'Those woul would trade freedom for security deserve neither " I believe that was Ben Franklin

I believe the security-freedom "problem" is solved by "Heaven helps those who help themselves"

What a "good job" would do is take away your ability to help yourself and then "Who will protect us from our protectors?"

5 minutes ago, Little Christine said:

And you would not want them to,either. Put "society" or the government in charge of something and watch what happens. How could you have externally implemented security toat whas not as intrusive as a sword blade stuck in your heart and lungs?? When the TSA was formed, isreal, which had been dealing with 9/11 leve threats for years before was deliberately not consulted in the matter. So now we have that intrusive abortion of security to deal wtih that has stopped exactly nothing

'Those woul would trade freedom for security deserve neither " I believe that was Ben Franklin

I believe the security-freedom "problem" is solved by "Heaven helps those who help themselves"

What a "good job" would do is take away your ability to help yourself and then "Who will protect us from our protectors?"

I strongly disagree with you, but this board is not the place for political theory discussion, and I would appreciate it if you did not try and push your theory on me. 

Thanks.

11 hours ago, TheBowGirl said:

I strongly disagree with you, but this board is not the place for political theory discussion, and I would appreciate it if you did not try and push your theory on me. 

Thanks.

I did not initiate that aspect of the discussion. I was RESPONDING  to what was said elsewhere

In this high tech world that we have become, people get complacent about things.  Things us older people never had have become the norm.  Because of the complacency we have with all the technology, we tend to forget things like cyber hacking and the fact what we do electronically is being recorded in some type of way.  That could be our credit card number being recorded when we use it for processing, our transaction in a store or parking garage being recorded on security cameras or our voice being recorded over a telephone.  Even without hackers, we go about every day on video's and having our personal information taken electronically by using our credit cards and computers.  People's identity's are stolen every day by something as simple as paying for your gas at the pump with your credit card.  It's what we have become over the past few years.  Look at all the companies who have had their data bases hacked and information on their customer's stolen.  We just don't think anymore or use our common sense.  I was raised as a kid and teen well before cell phones, personal computers and all.  If I could grow up without the need for video chat and a smart phone to carry with me all the time, I see no reason today's people can't just make a call over their phone, text or instant message over their computer without the need to show themselves and their surroundings.  Why take the chance someone will be watching you over your video chat, recognize your surroundings and voila!  Another missing person.  Just because your friends have the latest technology and think it's fun doesn't mean you have to throw away common sense  and get it too!  Like the old saying, if your friend jumped off a cliff, would you jump off one too?

• Like 1

The encryption used is strong but it's aimed at "man in the middle" attacks.  It is designed to prevent your data from being intercepted or diverted in transit across the network.  It guarantees that your data will arrive at the correct endpoint securely.

Once the (correct) endpoint computer has received and decrypted your data, anything can be done with it without your further knowledge.