LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

For Everyone Who Needs an Uplift

Guest KWOceans

Guest KWOceans

I'm sure we've all been there at various points in our lives; that point where you feel rather low, empty, like someone took a magic vacuum and sucked all the good and emotion out of you. I don't think humans really have the ability to just manage and control the palette of emotion we have access to, and that can kick you when you're down more often than not. But I think it's important for everyone to know that they're not alone, that there's nothing wrong with them for feeling that way, that it's okay and it does get better. (Warning: KWOceans is about to get deep and feelsy, read on at your own risk :P)

There's a point to this post, I promise, and I'll try to keep it a good mix between silly enough to lighten the mood and serious enough to actually convey the intended purpose of this. Depression is something that I think a lot of people unwillingly dabble in at some point in their lives, and it's something that never truly leaves you once it's left a stain on your soul. But that doesn't mean that you're any lesser for it, or that it's a hopeless battle. There are a million reasons for every single person who might be reading this and feeling at the lowest points in their lives to keep fighting, to keep slogging through the swamp of human emotion and the brain's self sabotage. We are wired to see the worst in ourselves, to put ourselves down, to feel worthless. There's a reason you remember the one insult in the sea of compliments. But while the insult stands out in the crowd, remember that there is, in fact, a crowd, and even if you can't remember every face standing in it, remember that the majority of them are positive, friendly faces, who want you to know that you are loved, special, and worth every second you're in twisted game called life. 

Let's talk about the apathy for a moment. Apathy sucks. Like, really freaking sucks. The apathy that tends to follow close behind depression is the one we really clash swords with. After all, depression puts us in the hole, apathy keeps us there. The inability to muster the will to get out of bed, to go to school/work, to eat or take medication or reach out for help. That's what really holds us back. Everyone battles mental unwellness in their own way, and I can't tell any of you how to get rid of depression or anxiety, but I can share some of my own experiences.  Honestly, meeting @Mcraft was the best thing for me when I was at my lowest point, gave me something to look forward to each day. Apathy tends to take away all desire and passion, so you waste away the minutes of the day, feel guilt for doing nothing all day, hopeless and useless and like your life is going nowhere, and then the sadness gets worse because of all of the above. It's not an easy battle, and not one I would ever recommend someone fight on their own. A support system and therapy are two really important things that should not be overlooked, but I know not everyone has access all the time. To those people, I say: Take it one step at a time. Literally every step you take towards healing is ground gained that should be celebrated. Don't try to do everything at once. We all know that if you're feeling depressed and you try to tell yourself 'tomorrow, I'm going to go to work and do the chores and be a functioning human being again' that odds are it isn't going to happen. The willpower will slip. Baby steps. Maybe aim for one small thing, right now. Eat something. Take that warm shower. Get dressed, even if it's just into fresh pajamas. They may seem like minor tasks, hardly an accomplishment, but at least you got out of bed, even if just for a few minutes. At least you took one small step towards taking care of yourself, towards getting better again. It is so important to remember to take care of oneself, always. To those of you with people depending on you, remember that you can only help them so long as you keep functioning, and you only function well when you've eaten, slept, showered, and given your brain a break. It's okay to take a little time for yourself. You need it, you deserve it, you function better with it. Don't forget that.  

It's important to never forget that you are special. Each and every one of us has little differences and flaws that make us unique. And flaws is a purposeful choice of words. Don't think of your flaws as negative. Sure, we all have things we need to improve on, but no one is created from a cookie cutter to be perfect. And honestly? Perfect is bland. What's more interesting to look at? The perfect sphere or the statue with nicks and chips that tell a story? Perfection may seem like something to strive for, but if everyone were perfect, we'd all be the same, nothing would change or look different. It would be like seeing nothing but the color green for the rest of your life. Imperfections, flaws, differences, those are what make you interesting, unique, special, and wonderful. You're not perfect. You're flawed. And you're beautiful. So no matter what's going on in your life, please never forget that there's only one you and you have something to offer that no one else can, because there's no one like you. Stay, live, be perfectly imperfect. Because you are worth it, you're your own reason to keep fighting. You will ALWAYS be worth it. Have a listen

I feel if I run this post on too much longer, it might become a ramble, but I really wanted to put something like this out there, have for a while now, especially because I feel like this site has a lot of people far too familiar with this subject. Our lifestyle is definitely one that can come with lots of internal and external judgement and loathing. So I'll leave off with one more point. Depression, and other mental illnesses, are a battle. You fight or you lose. I like to think of depression almost like an impossible battle, which I know sounds depressing but bear with me a moment. There are lots of things in life that we have to fight for or against. We do it all the time, some people face a new fight every day. Sometimes everyday is the fight. But at some point in each person's life, perhaps more than once, they come across the battle of all battles. That one that you can't afford to lose, that one that takes every scrap of your being. The tooth and nail war that is emotionally and physically draining, and requires you to keep giving even when you're depleted. It's your impossible battle. And when we come to that point, when we stand at the base of our unclimbable mountain, the shore of an untameable sea....it's a daunting sight. So much so that I'm sure everyone has had the moment where their impossible battle has arisen and the mere sight makes them want to throw in the towel. To drop the sword, fall to their knees, and beg for mercy from a foe that has none to give. But I go back to the earlier statements that you are always worth fighting for, and we owe it to ourselves, to keep going, to find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Whether your impossible battle is upon you, yet to come on the horizon, or you're in the midst and feel like quitting, remember this one important thing; if you can conquer your impossible battle, you can conquer anything. You never have to fight alone, so never let go of your sword. Because the impossible battles are the ones worth fighting. 

Yes yes so much yes!

I struggled with my own depression demons every day for years. I was blessed enough to have a decent support network (even if I didn't use it enough) and the mental and spiritual fortitude to combat my demons. And I know that everyone might not have that.

For anyone reading this, While I may not to give you the latter, you DO have a support group right here. If you want to talk feel free to PM me anytime. Or make a post asking for help like so many others here have. That's actually how I've made a lot of my closest friendships. ♡

You are beautiful. You are talented. You are worth fighting for. ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

• Like 3
18 hours ago, Baby Girl Sarah said:

AMEN to both above replies  X 1000000 Times    MEGA HUG      

I can relate to the uplift my wife is my best supporter but still in the end I,am the one having to wear the diapers she never makes fun of me.

• 5 weeks later...

I've struggled with social isolation for a long time and it's gotten worse lately; in addition, although I've known deep down that I was a little since high school, I've been keeping it bottled up until just a few days ago when I finally regressed for the first time ever. I felt ashamed of myself for having the urge to regress and be a baby, like it was something perverted and shameful; that, combined with the social isolation, led to depression and emotional vulnerability to the point where some days a minor comment can set me off into a crying fit. When I regressed for the first time, it felt wonderful--I went so far that I lost the ability to speak, I couldn't even type--it turns out my little self is super-young, less than a year old. But when I came out of it... I felt more stress-free than I have ever been; for the first time in what felt like years, I felt free. Genuinely happy.

I'm less ashamed of myself--I've started openly talking about diapers in chat and stuff like that, and I've regressed a few times since--but part of me still feels the same fear, the fear of being found out, of being ostracized, the realization that there are so many people in my immediate IRL surroundings who would hate and persecute me for being the way I am. This community represents in my mind a way to find comfort and support, to learn to accept myself and be who I am. I still have moments of depression--just earlier this day I had a bad panic attack in the chat and took it out on others when I didn't get the attention I craved due to that attack overwhelming me emotionally--but just knowing that I'm not alone, that there are other people here who know what it's like, who share my struggle... that helps me in a way that I can't even describe.

I don't think there are words to thank the OP for starting this thread and giving me a place to vent about this and let people know how I feel without fear; you may have saved my life and sanity.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest KWOceans
On 2/14/2019 at 6:10 PM, BabyCR said:

I've struggled with social isolation for a long time and it's gotten worse lately; in addition, although I've known deep down that I was a little since high school, I've been keeping it bottled up until just a few days ago when I finally regressed for the first time ever. I felt ashamed of myself for having the urge to regress and be a baby, like it was something perverted and shameful; that, combined with the social isolation, led to depression and emotional vulnerability to the point where some days a minor comment can set me off into a crying fit. When I regressed for the first time, it felt wonderful--I went so far that I lost the ability to speak, I couldn't even type--it turns out my little self is super-young, less than a year old. But when I came out of it... I felt more stress-free than I have ever been; for the first time in what felt like years, I felt free. Genuinely happy.

I'm less ashamed of myself--I've started openly talking about diapers in chat and stuff like that, and I've regressed a few times since--but part of me still feels the same fear, the fear of being found out, of being ostracized, the realization that there are so many people in my immediate IRL surroundings who would hate and persecute me for being the way I am. This community represents in my mind a way to find comfort and support, to learn to accept myself and be who I am. I still have moments of depression--just earlier this day I had a bad panic attack in the chat and took it out on others when I didn't get the attention I craved due to that attack overwhelming me emotionally--but just knowing that I'm not alone, that there are other people here who know what it's like, who share my struggle... that helps me in a way that I can't even describe.

I don't think there are words to thank the OP for starting this thread and giving me a place to vent about this and let people know how I feel without fear; you may have saved my life and sanity.

Strangely enough, I got no notifications about posts here, didn't know anyone had replied. I'm honestly really glad that this thread was able to provide some comfort as a safe space to vent. That's what I'd hoped it to be. We all need an uplift now and again in life and there's no shame in it. I'm sorry that you've felt so alienated for so long and I truly hope that this community helps your particular flower bud blossom beautifully. Every person has so much to offer the rest of the world. You are no exception. You are wonderful and special and unique, and it is important to remember that you're never alone. Even if you don't always know it or feel like it, you've touched someone around you in a way that could seem minor to you and life altering to them. Continue to be your wonderful self and find happiness everywhere that you can. And never forget that there will always be people willing to catch you if you fall. 

• 6 months later...