LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

rearz and the breast cancer society

I recently received an email from rearz announcing an exciting partnership with the American breast cancer society and a pink version of the rebels style diaper. I'm curious to know what your thoughts are? Do you feel that this is an actual partnership or are they just going to donate part of the profits voluntarily? Do you feel the breast cancer society would align themselves with a company like rearz knowing there could possibly be a backlash?

This was the same company back in 2017 that wanted to trademark the ABDL acronym. I'm guessing no one really thought about it- perhaps it was the simplest/ most cost effective solution to producing a diaper with pink print- just switch out the black ink for pink on the Rearz Rebel diapers. 

It's not the first time I've seen breast cancer skull merchandise, but the other occasions were a biker group. 

just feels cringe, like sure i get cost effective, but after reading the off the deep end twitter comments i just feel like abstaining after that.

having any charity coop is always a help no matter how small or big the effect is and people again, overreact and assume the worst instead of accepting at face value what it is.

ill say ANY symbol can raise breast cancer awareness it doesnt have to be a trade marked pink ribbon either. "not a skull and crossbones" well i say breast cancer kills thousands and the "death symbol" is appropriate for such a serious topic. 

so IMO its fine, doesnt mean much, and as always if youre going to contribute to any charity the biggest help is a direct cash gift, NOT any endorsement or sponsorship.

rearz isnt doing anything wrong and the snowflakes are at it again beating the horse.

• Like 1

It's nothing to do with "snowflakes" it's just a tone deaf company not thinking something all the way through.

"We're raising money to try and help people with breast cancer... Here, it has skulls on it."

I don't think people are offended, it's just... A strange choice...

They could have have a sale and used some of the money to donate to breast cancer charity like other businesses do. Or do a donation thing when you check out asking if you would like to donate a dollar for breast cancer. Or they could have used pink ribbons on their diapers. 

I would think the owner is slow but she doesn't give a shit and doesn't take criticism well. She takes it as an attack and started blocking people who criticized her and then apparently started to unblock people. I also hear from people who have worked with her that she is not a nice person. Funny I have always assumed the owner of the company was a man. 

its a strange choice they could have made a solid pink colour diaper it would not require a graphic redesign cost, or as Nat has said simply have code that you can use that can be applied to any product that will give 10% of the product cost to the charity. 

I didn't read anything but the posts here.  Skulls on diapers for a fundraiser for a deadly desiese?  Why not hold an Alcoholic Anonymous fund raiser at the local Brew Pub or bar?  How about a traffic safety seminar at the Demolition Derby?  Gambler's addition meetings at the racetrack.  I'm sure their hearts are in the right place, but just like everything today, people just don't think the whole idea through enough before they act. 

3 hours ago, Rob110 said:

its a strange choice they could have made a solid pink colour diaper it would not require a graphic redesign cost, or as Nat has said simply have code that you can use that can be applied to any product that will give 10% of the product cost to the charity. 

This!  An all-pink diaper would be awesome, just like the Rearz Purple.  I think it would have the potential to generate more sales, especially with Valentine's Day right around the corner.

1 hour ago, rusty pins said:

I didn't read anything but the posts here.  Skulls on diapers for a fundraiser for a deadly desiese?  Why not hold an Alcoholic Anonymous fund raiser at the local Brew Pub or bar?  How about a traffic safety seminar at the Demolition Derby?  Gambler's addition meetings at the racetrack.  I'm sure their hearts are in the right place, but just like everything today, people just don't think the whole idea through enough before they act. 

thats not a similar or fair correlation at all. you should do a little more reading into the twitter post.

all they've done is recolor their black rebels printed diaper to pink and said it was for breast cancer awareness. and everyone is taking offense over it. 

if rearz wanted to print a whole diaper pink they would wind up losing money on ink, time, work and production hours. a recolor was a sensible choice. 

as for ideology and effect its yet to be determined at best. 

(yet no one seems to be upset with the choice of partnering with the NBCF which has a reported 10c to 1$ efficacy.) [meaning for every dollar they receive only 10c makes it to the people who need it] check out their IRS reports. posted themselves on their own website.

It's still the idea of skulls on a product relating to fundraising for a deadly desiese that kills thousands every year.  I see the point of recoloring a diaper in the shade of pink for breast cancer awareness, and I for one couldn't care less.  The point is, apparently some people are taking offence to it.  Some times something many might see as innocent can hit a nerve with someone, especially those who may have recently lost a loved one to cancer.  My point is, Rearz has many different prints and designs including the Princess diaper which is already pink and in a feminine style (for breast cancer).  With all they currently have to choose from, why choose a skull and crossbones?  It just seems their heart may be in the right place but they may be a little insensitive to some issues, not intentionally, but it could have had a little more thought on the final design out of all they had available to choose from.

status update. rearz just tweeted they are breaking up the partnership and have appologized stating it was poorly carried out. blah blah blah "corporate appology here". still donating an unknown sum out of their pocket anyway. 

(because of overwhelming twitter backlash) ((appears rearz is trying to win back some of their customers approval and cater to them moreso than anything else)) (((i absolutely would too)))