LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Disney World

Just got back from a week on Disney Properties in Florida.    Couple of days in the Magic Kingdom, couple at EPCOT, one each at Disney Holywood Studios (Ugh), Animal Kingdom, and a side trip over to Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney/Disney Marketplace, though this has completely been redone since I was there last).

No, I wasn't diapered, but frankly, if I go again, I would be.  

This is the first time for most of these places (I did the Magic Kingdom ages ago and Downtown Disney while in town for a conference a few years back).

I always liked Disney World and have spent time in several of their resorts.  Never went diapered either and last time was in 1996.  I'd love to go back again and see the Animal Kingdom which I haven't yet seen, but I probably never will.  First, the cost has gotten out of sight for me.  Second, my feet and knees won't hold up to all the required walking.  Third, while there are many things there I still like, many have changed and been updated to some of the new themes and movie ideas.  Yes, you have to keep up with the young people but I really haven't been into any Disney movie in the past 20 years.  Still it would be fun to go back and relive memories and see the staples like haunted mansion, Small World, Country Bear Jamboree and many others.

• Like 1

Animal Kingdom was really nice.   Lots of stuff to do other than to just spend money.   We did the Up! bird show and did both the truck tour and the walking tours of various animal areas.    The Avatar section was neat as well but probably would have meant more if I'd actually seen that movie (another thing to do before the next trip).

Hollywood Studios I was less enamored with.    Other than a couple of neat rides (the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and the Star Wars VR ride), it was just all gift shops.    Very few (and what were there were uninspiring) live show events and nothing else really to see or do.

I actually traveled with a couple of pretty seriously mobility challenged people.   One couldn't even walk more than a few feet without assistance.   Mobility scooters (either rented outside Disney or at the parks) are readily available and pretty much go everywhere.    If you are capable of getting from the scooter to the ride platform yourself, they will just transfer it to the exit for you.    All the transportation (buses, monorail) handle these regularly, though I'm surprised that even the newer version of the monorail isn't directly accessible, but the castmembers are quick to get the little ramp out to let you roll on and off.

Well, the last time I was there not much out of the Magic Kingdom existed (EPCOT was still 4 years away.   The water park they had back then got abandoned after a brain-eating amoeba incident, but they built two new ones).    Tomorrowland has been completely revamped and even the older attractions like "It's a small world" have greatly improved audio, etc...   A lot of rides are now heavily VR and the Monster University comedy show is a technological marvel.

Pricey it is.   But my wife had never been.  

We did notice that while there are tons of costume choices for girls (and you see hundreds of little Elsas and other Princesses), we saw only perhaps three boys in costume (one knight, one Aladin, and maybe a Buzz Lightyear or two).   We didn't see any such outfits in the gift shops (we have two grandsons and no girls).    But yes Bibbidi Bobbidi will do a boy up as a Knight or Pirate (saw some pretty fantastic facial makeups on the video).

What we did spend money on is fine dining.   There are some pretty good restaurants in the resorts.   Our final night dinner was an over-the-top trip to Victoria and Albert's.

My wife bought a golf hat with mouse ears and a few puzzles (big activity at holiday time around our house).   I got a coffee cup with my favorite Edna Mode quote on it:   "I never look back, Darling!    It distracts from the now."

Hmm... I feel a story coming on...

4 hours ago, fuzzybunny said:

last time I went was when I was 16 and then 17, 18. 

When I was 16 it was fun, got to see every park but didn't have anyone my age. Then went when I was 17 and had a blast with family but compact (all in three days). 

Then when I was 18 and went down for a school trip and it wasn't that fun actually. (Only got to go for one day)

But my brother came along when I was 16 and he had a good time and pretty much spent most of his time a paradise island. 

But thinking about going to the one out in California (with a friend)but it will be an arm and a leg. Plus I have vacation time to use or loose. Still up in the air. (Anyone been to the one in cali, trying to go because of the star wars thingy opening. I guess or something.)

Disneyland in Anaheim is just fine and fun, (not going to get into the money that flows from your pocket, but what doesn’t have that happen?) It is woth a trip, I have had the opportunity to visit on 2 occasions. As a matter of fact, my wife worked at Disneyland for a time. Anyway, if you go, and you have already been to Disney World, expect Disneyland to be much more compressed. The area Disneyland is constrained to, is the very reason Mr. Walt Disney, sought to start Disney World. Recently Disney has, reclaimed property it owns, around the park area, that it least to some hotels over the years, to move forward with park expansion. There’s just no room there, with Anaheim sprawl choking all around. Having been there, and done it, and I did enjoy it lots, I would rather put my money into a Disney World next visit. If you’re gonna be in southern Cali anyway, then do the visit. But, if you got to travel a distance by air, you might be do better investing you money, in going to Disney World. I guess, you can say, “more bang for the buck”. 

Whatever you do, I’m sure you will enjoy. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

My family and I went to Disney world back in 2003 but I really didn't enjoy it much it was Christmas and the park was overfull and they had to close it twice due to over capacity .

We got stuck in a people jamb by , It's A Small World , and park attendants had to clear it out because we were literally starting to be pushed and bunched together , add to that I was still severely depressed from my son's death just a few months before .

Our Five year old daughter had a blast though and that made the trip worth it , there were a few really good attractions but my mental state was just to overwhelmed at the time and I was happier just to get back home .

I have been like 4 times in the past 5 years with my little kids and would really rather put my money to other trips instead of going back over and over again. That said it's enjoyable to take my kids to the park, I find the occasional alcoholic thing to drink, and I'll put back a ton of resort-grade food. I'm dead by the time we return. Every time I go, I think, boy this would be pretty fun if I got to turn my little side on and go diapered, but not in front of the family I'm traveling with.

Oh I like the giant aquarium too.

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:20 AM, fuzzybunny said:

last time I went was when I was 16 and then 17, 18. 

When I was 16 it was fun, got to see every park but didn't have anyone my age. Then went when I was 17 and had a blast with family but compact (all in three days). 

Then when I was 18 and went down for a school trip and it wasn't that fun actually. (Only got to go for one day)

But my brother came along when I was 16 and he had a good time and pretty much spent most of his time a paradise island. 

But thinking about going to the one out in California (with a friend)but it will be an arm and a leg. Plus I have vacation time to use or loose. Still up in the air. (Anyone been to the one in cali, trying to go because of the star wars thingy opening. I guess or something.)

Well when I lived in Calif.I went there 22 times in the 20 years I lived there.I have never loved going to  anyplace more then I did there.

I live 5 min from Disney World. I work in a neighborhood that Disney build and designed. I have lived here for 6 years and have been to Disney about 500 times in that 6 years. I have been diapered many times while visiting Disney. ?