LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Gender Specific Punishments

1950potty

This is started from AbabeBill's thread on rubber diapers.  Little Christine details using rubber diapers as punishment usually for girls.  I wonder what punishments were used basically for one gender and never or rarely for the opposite.   
My mother would lift my sister's legs up (like when changing a diaper) to spank her.  i was not spanked in this position, not to say I didn't get it in other positions but this was not done to me.  Later in life the dawn hit.  Being a boy, she didn't want hitting my genitals (especially with a paddle or strap).  Girl parts are farther out of the way, so not a risk.
What knowledge do you have of gender specific punishments?

This afternoon my youngest sister Missy, our Mom Alice and her mom Granny Vi all visited me. Since all of us are urinary incontinent and Mom and Granny know that Missy and me use AB as a coping strategy, I asked them about gender specific punishments from the mid 1920s up to now.

Granny was next to the youngest of five siblings. She said that both of her sisters were always spanked by their mom over the lap, by hand before they turned 7 and with the hairbrush as long as they lived at home. Her oldest sister was hairbrush spanked on her bare derrière at age 23 while she watched. Granny was spanked the evening before she got married at age 19. Both of her brothers were older so she only knew that they were paddled or strapped by their dad while bent over while wearing their underpants. Granny told me she was told by her mother that until the boys were 7 she spanked them by hand bare-bottom. Granny was never spanked by her dad, but was spanked by a few mothers of her friends.

Mom is the oldest of her three siblings, all sisters. They were all spanked by Granny over the lap, with the hand or hairbrush depending on the misbehavior, until they moved out. Mom also was spanked with the hairbrush the day before her wedding at 18. Several mothers of her friends spanked her, as did a few Sunday school teachers.

Sissy only has one child, my niece Karen, now almost 29 and a resident in urology. I have spanked Karen with a hairbrush over my lap on her bare derrière, as does Missy. When Karen was home for Christmas she talked back and got a spanking!

When my Aunt Betsy's older son was 9 while babysitting him I had to spank him over my lap with a hairbrush. Since he needed diapers for bed Missy had told be she had not bothered to buy a strap or paddle and since he would be bare-bottom when I diapered him if I needed to spank him it should be on the bare.

Growing up back in the late 80s and 90s, my family didn't have any gender-specific punishments. My grandparents, aunts and uncles- if you were a kid and did something wrong, you got punished regardless if you were a boy or a girl.  If the offense was bad enough, the wooden spoon came out. Or, in my grandpa and uncles' cases, they took off their belts. This rarely happened- it had to be something extreme for that punishment- but most of the time, if hollering at you didn't work, they just had to reach for their belt for me/ one of my cousins to straighten up lickety-split.  Boy or girl, act up and you'd find yourself on the receiving end of wooden spoon or belt.  The only thing gender-specific was in those who doled out the punishments- the women tended to go for the wooden spoon, the men for the belt.   On the kids' end, the boys got to get away with more than the girls did, especially if it was one of the men who caught them doing wrong. It was the whole "boys will be boys".