LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Getting rid of "adult" thoughts when regressing

One issue I used to have when regressing is not being able to act how I want, and fully take on the role of a baby. I've resolved that now, but one issue still persists: when regressing some occasional "adult" thoughts creep in. The whole point of regressing, at least for me, is to not have those kinds of thoughts and save them for later. How should I go about getting rid of them?

I have to have help from someone else to get there and stay for any length of time. That works best for me personally. I can get there on my own , just seems I cant stay in the headspace as long as I`d like.

Let me know if you find out!  I've found it easier if I'm with other ABs also regressing, e.g. at meets.  And when I'm on my own at home with no risk of being interrupted.  And for me, it takes time.  I need hours with no adult calls on my time.

5 hours ago, lilstevie said:

I have to have help from someone else to get there and stay for any length of time. That works best for me personally. I can get there on my own , just seems I cant stay in the headspace as long as I`d like.

That makes sense, but I don't have that. I'm in a relationship but they said no. I also don't have any friends who are willing to be a caregiver or regress with me, so that's out of the question.

3 hours ago, horrorfan said:

You can try hypnosis/guided meditation videos on youtube. The idea behind hypnosis is to enter a state of deep relaxation, which could help. I believe it's only worked for me once though.

I might try that, thanks for the suggestion.

I would like to further add that you may also be able to regress with others online via chat/threads. Just be aware that if you spend too much time trying to reach this state of mind it could put a strain on your relationship. I haven't had that particular experience per se, but I have spent hours at a time trying to regress, which time I felt probably could have been spent better.

46 minutes ago, horrorfan said:

I would like to further add that you may also be able to regress with others online via chat/threads. Just be aware that if you spend too much time trying to reach this state of mind it could put a strain on your relationship. I haven't had that particular experience per se, but I have spent hours at a time trying to regress, which time I felt probably could have been spent better.

As of right now, I only do it once every few months, not nearly often enough to take large amounts of time out of the relationship. I do plan to do it more often, but I won’t be putting nearly that much time into it. The reason I’m doing it more often is because it helps keep stress levels down, when adult thoughts aren’t creeping in at least.

Honestly, I don't have that hard of a time regressing. For me, I just put on a diaper, snuggle with Izzy (my stuffed Orca), and watch an episode of Dragon Tales. I'm then in littlespace quite fast. The only time I have issues with "adult thoughts" creeping in is if I get a leaky diaper or notice it's time to change my diaper. However, if I had a big I know that that wouldn't be a problem. Granted, I am always aware of the my adult self when I'm in littlespace, but it's pushed to the side and my 3-year-old self is in the drivers seat. This is what allows me to relax and feel relief from stress.

I used to be far more a DL and didnt really do much regression until I met my Daddy a year ago. When we first got together and I told him about diapers he was fascinated and took to it very quickly and it turns out he is a natural Daddy.

My Daddy really enjoys regressing me to a toddler headspace and honestly when he does it I dont find adult thoughts intrude because he's there every step of the way. He can take me from adult to toddler in literally mere minutes through proper touches,  lullabies, diapering and stories. I honestly dont think I'd be able to properly regress without him there snuggling and cuddling me.  Heck, I dont think I'd even want to regress without Daddy by my side looking after me.

Not really sure what to suggest to get rid of those adult thoughts outside of maybe finding someone to help you achieve what you're after.

Kaiya

• Like 1

i put on some baby tunes/jams, tons of 2+ hour playlists on youtube. hypnosis never really worked for me, guess im just too strong willed. it also helps when i have a little activity to do, whether its a movie, coloring book, or blocks, if im activley playing those thoughts just never happen if im engrossed doing something else, never give em a chance. i also hear if you have a nursery room scented candle or baby powder odor it can help as the nose is a powerful tool as well.

p

22 hours ago, Snugglebear_69 said:

I used to be far more a DL and didnt really do much regression until I met my Daddy a year ago. When we first got together and I told him about diapers he was fascinated and took to it very quickly and it turns out he is a natural Daddy.

My Daddy really enjoys regressing me to a toddler headspace and honestly when he does it I dont find adult thoughts intrude because he's there every step of the way. He can take me from adult to toddler in literally mere minutes through proper touches,  lullabies, diapering and stories. I honestly dont think I'd be able to properly regress without him there snuggling and cuddling me.  Heck, I dont think I'd even want to regress without Daddy by my side looking after me.

Not really sure what to suggest to get rid of those adult thoughts outside of maybe finding someone to help you achieve what you're after.

Kaiya

Thank you anyway. I’d like to find someone to help me with this, but I don’t know where to look or how.

16 hours ago, KyleABDL said:

i put on some baby tunes/jams, tons of 2+ hour playlists on youtube. hypnosis never really worked for me, guess im just too strong willed. it also helps when i have a little activity to do, whether its a movie, coloring book, or blocks, if im activley playing those thoughts just never happen if im engrossed doing something else, never give em a chance. i also hear if you have a nursery room scented candle or baby powder odor it can help as the nose is a powerful tool as well.

Thanks for the suggestion! If I can get something baby powder scented, I may try that.

3 hours ago, cookiemonster23 said:

Thank you anyway. I’d like to find someone to help me with this, but I don’t know where to look or how.

Honestly, I'd say it really depends on you and your relationship and what exactly you're looking for and your partner is comfortable with. There isn't now nor do I think there ever will be a one size fits all solution.

I found my Daddy in November 2017 at a furry conference by COMPLETE accident. I met him and ended up having a very open discussion with my wife where she told me she knew she'd share me with someone but that we hadn't found that person until then. She set a few rules and made sure he and I loved each other and that it was more than physical.

Heck when he and I started dating he knew practically nothing about AB/Dl. Fast forward 14 months and he has collared me and is my Daddy. Some days he's actually way more into being my Daddy than I am in being a little. My wife couldnt be happier and will sometimes even watch as he changes me or regresses me.

This is all to say my recommendation is don't go looking for a Mommy, Daddy, Caregiver, etc. Talk to your partner, figure out what's ok, what's not and where the boundaries are and then go meet people. The whole "I want a caregiver approach" honestly rarely works. Finding and making a connection with a person is usually much more successful.

Just my thoughts and 2 cents.

Kaiya

19 minutes ago, Snugglebear_69 said:

Honestly, I'd say it really depends on you and your relationship and what exactly you're looking for and your partner is comfortable with. There isn't now nor do I think there ever will be a one size fits all solution.

I found my Daddy in November 2017 at a furry conference by COMPLETE accident. I met him and ended up having a very open discussion with my wife where she told me she knew she'd share me with someone but that we hadn't found that person until then. She set a few rules and made sure he and I loved each other and that it was more than physical.

Heck when he and I started dating he knew practically nothing about AB/Dl. Fast forward 14 months and he has collared me and is my Daddy. Some days he's actually way more into being my Daddy than I am in being a little. My wife couldnt be happier and will sometimes even watch as he changes me or regresses me.

This is all to say my recommendation is don't go looking for a Mommy, Daddy, Caregiver, etc. Talk to your partner, figure out what's ok, what's not and where the boundaries are and then go meet people. The whole "I want a caregiver approach" honestly rarely works. Finding and making a connection with a person is usually much more successful.

Just my thoughts and 2 cents.

Kaiya

That's true. Thank you for the advice.

• 3 weeks later...

When by yourself, it is very hard to stop adult thoughts.  It is the nature of our brains.  When in baby mode and being able to attain a baby mood is wonderful.  No regretting the past, no worries of the future, just living in the now and feeling taken care of, loved, safe.  It is an incredible feeling any adult would love to have as well.  I'm very happy when I can attain it.  The problem is keeping it. 

My problem is I love adult life just as much as baby life.  It is a compromise and I'm happy with both.  But when it is baby time, I wish I could take the adult self and pack it somewhere till baby time is over.  Not there yet.  Practice, practice, practice!  But when I am in a true baby mood, nothing better.  For me at least. 

Sometimes when I'm supposed to be in baby mode ill have a few adult thoughts and my girlfriend/mommy who is master at reading my mind will notice and either spank me or start tickling either way I loose my adult train of thought and start trying to wiggle free from her lap if I'm being spanked or wiggle and laugh uncontrollably until she stops tickling me because when she tickles me I loose all muscle control I start laughing squirming/spasming uncontrollably and if there's anything in my bladder or bowels  I will most definitely wet/mess myself 

I was a DL before becoming an AB. I do lose all my adult thoughts when I'm being regressed by my mommy/fiance. She knows what I want when I'm in baby mode. She put the tv on the cartoon channel, and lays a blanket out on the floor with some toys. I'm bottle fed, along with some of the jars of the fruit baby food. She also likes to read to me and she will get on the floor and color with me. 

But when I'm not in regression mode I'm still kepted in diapers. She still does all my diaper checks and changes for me. I still feel like a toddler when I'm being changed even though I'm not in baby mode.

It's easier for me to be in little mode when I'm chatting with daddy we have never met but luckily we both have great imaginations. It is hard when I'm tying to do it myself but you just have to be persistent and you will get there.