LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Earliest You Remember Rubber Panties Being On You

I described several times that I remember having my diaper put on, either shortly before or after i turned 3, at night Once it was with the peach colored rubber panties and the second time with a pair of transluscent sort of ecru panties. I do not know if this was a 24/7 thing or just at night. I rmember a bit after each change, the romper for one of them was the color of a daisy ham and I think the other time it was a dark green, but it was not PJ's. I do not remember the diaper being pinned or the rubber panties actually one me. However, I do remember being in the crib and remember what had happened earlier. Using my left hand to move away the elastic to my PJ bottomes and feeling what was on me. The material was a but cool and smooth. I do not remember having any feelings about that, just that the material felt vaguely  kind of nice but mostly interesting.. This is the first time I recall feeling any rubber of any kind This would have had to have been some time in 1948. I would say between  June and November

We have home movies of me when I was a baby all the way through my teen years.  That kind of makes my actual memory fuzzy because I don't know if I remembered at the time it actually happened or if I know of it because of seeing the home movies.  Of course, there are some when I was a baby sitting in the high chair in diapers about 1 years old, then there is one when I was about 2 years old sitting in the rocking chair,  I was wearing shortalls (no snap crotch) and when I moved I spread my legs open and you can see the thick diaper I was wearing between the leg openings.  I do happen to remember vaguely when that movie was taken.  The actual memories I do have are as a 3 years old toddler always being diapered for bed (until I was almost 6 years old) and having to step into the Gerber plastic pants so my mom could pull them up over my diaper once she had put it on me.  She always diapered me for bed standing up in front of her as she sat on the living room couch.  Not rubber pants, but the Gerber vinyl pants.

Little Christine just wanted to say some of those pants you remember were actually latex (rubber).  I was born in 47 and latex ones were common for those of us in that era.  But some of the early plastic ones were starting to appear.  The largest maker was Playtex, who were also famous makers of latex girdles for women.

4 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Not rubber pants, but the Gerber vinyl pants.

You can always tell an ABDL.. They are the only ones who make that distinctions along with those in the field of medical or other sales. Even to this day on ebay and YouTube, more often than not "rubber" appears in the title or description of such panties. Aside from habit,  the reason I do not make that distinction is that I do not wish to give the impression that I "know more than I should for a 'civilian'". The same reasons I call "disposables" "paper diapers", "pampers" or "throw-away"s. That is what "regular people", wherein my roots are, called them, including the adult diapers, 40-45 years ago, I am certainly not going to change in my 40's, let along 60's and 70's. They still try to avoid calling them "diapers" now. When I was little, the term "rubber panties" was used for the entire system as much as or even more than "diapers" since that was the outermost, and most visible, component. Or it might be called "diapers and rubber panties"

Here is something to consider from THE URBAN DICTIONARY

This is something Angela might know. When did Gerber start making baby panties? It seems you had them in '62. I very vaguely recall something like 1958

3 hours ago, 1950potty said:

Little Christine just wanted to say some of those pants you remember were actually latex (rubber).  I was born in 47 and latex ones were common for those of us in that era.  But some of the early plastic ones were starting to appear.  The largest maker was Playtex, who were also famous makers of latex girdles for women.

I had both materials. The peach ones probably were latex; If I were a Sissy, would I go by the name "Princess latex" as par ot the STAR WORRIES?

I do not know what happened to the peach colored ones, but the ecru  plastic ones where put on my sister and the last I saw of them was in about 1955 in one of my girl cousin's "dolly box" where various odds and ends used in dolly care go. The little girl who got one or more "real" baby panties felt very lucky back then

Playtex was not the only one. RUFFLES & RIBBONS GIRLS' HOME HALL OF FAME Visit the   and use the "TRY ME" option

I was born in  1945, the third of 4 so my panties were probably not new. I have read that the earliest plastic panties were homemade during the war at a time when rubber was being rationed

For me, my earliest memory of being in rubber pants, (and that is only a reference and general term, used by my mom, they were plastic.) Anyway, I was somewhere between two and a half, and three years old. That would make it 1966-67ish. I can recall, laying in my crib, looking up at my mom, while she was changing me. I think, I was being changed into my diapers for bed. This has stayed a memory for me, because I got scared! Thinking my mom had stuck herself in the lip, with one of my diaper pins. I think she did, cause her said “ouch”, but she didn’t break the skin. I thought she had, but it was really a case of some chapped lips. I can remember her saying, she was ok, and her lips just looked like that. Nonetheless, I got frightened, and it left an impression of the event on me. 

Around this same period, I can recall putting a pair of my plastic pants on my head, and I ran around, yelling “RUBBER PANTS, RUBBER PANTS”!  I think this remained a memory for me, because my older sister made sure it did. :doh: I think, she may have been the one, that put me up to doing it, in the first place. 

Contrary to the age in my profile, I was born in late 45 with fond memories of Playtex? rubber pants of the era.  More than anything, it was the scent of the pants that captured my attention.  My first complete memory on the subject revolves around mom night diapering me in my grandmother’s attic bedroom.  Before passing mom confirmed the memory placing my age at 26 months.

I also have memories of a rubber sheet with similar fragrance and stretchiness as the pants.  Believe it was third grade, we were shown a movie where a circle was drawn on a rubber sheet and it was then pulled in one direction with the circle becoming an ellipse.  That rubber sheet was a perfect match to my memory!

9 minutes ago, WBxx said:

Contrary to the age in my profile, I was born in late 45 with fond memories of Playtex? rubber pants of the era.  More than anything, it was the scent of the pants that captured my attention.  My first complete memory on the subject revolves around mom night diapering me in my grandmother’s attic bedroom.  Before passing mom confirmed the memory placing my age at 26 months.

I also have memories of a rubber sheet with similar fragrance and stretchiness as the pants.  Believe it was third grade, we were shown a movie where a circle was drawn on a rubber sheet and it was then pulled in one direction with the circle becoming an ellipse.  That rubber sheet was a perfect match to my memory!

The two classic rubber sheets were a somewhat thin, stretchy grayish ivory and the thicker classic light ivory like Babykins used to sell and like they make their rubber panties out of . I'm looking for a source of that rubber sheet. The classic rubber sheet smell could fill a room. It is a pty that Babykins dropped the line of rubber sheets. i cannot find the calssic ones anywhere. The grayish ivory ones were kind of small but the light ivory could cover a mattress on a twin bed. JK perfect Personal Products used to sell large 40'[s style rubber shetts in ovory, pink, blue and yellow

Tjere were also small brownish/burned orange rubber sheets, that had a pebbled surface and were not stretchy at all

About 1957 for me I think when I was  8 yrs old, Christmas time at grand parents, when I was put in rubber  (Latex) pants covering my diaper, after I fell asleep, to protect their new mattress,  I don't remember being a regular bedwetter at that time but must have sometimes.

PlayTex baby pants were invented in 1932 and first sold in NYC only in 1933. They slowly added production capacity so in 1937 they could be sold nation-wide. Then early in 1942 PlayTex suspended making latex baby pants until mid 1946 due to rationing of rubber products. Meanwhile vinyl baby pants took over. PlayTex baby pants went out of production in  late 1954.

41 minutes ago, Angela Bauer said:

PlayTex baby pants were invented in 1932 and first sold in NYC only in 1933. They slowly added production capacity so in 1937 they could be sold nation-wide. Then early in 1942 PlayTex suspended making latex baby pants until mid 1946 due to rationing of rubber products. Meanwhile vinyl baby pants took over. PlayTex baby pants went out of production in  late 1954.

You capitalize the “T”, don’t believe I’ve seen that before.  Whatever, to you or your husband’s knowledge did Playtex also offer a latex baby/youth sheet?  And now you given me another puzzle, wonder what I and other kids wore over our diapers during the period rubber pant production was suspended.

Here is a brief history of the company

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playtex

18 hours ago, dondl2 said:

About 1957 for me I think when I was  8 yrs old, Christmas time at grand parents, when I was put in rubber  (Latex) pants covering my diaper, after I fell asleep, to protect their new mattress,  I don't remember being a regular bedwetter at that time but must have sometimes.

You were still wearing diapers at age 8?  I could see maybe rubber pants over underpants at that age Christmas day to help protect furniture if you fell asleep due to the excitement of the day, but what's puzzling to me is in 1957 there weren't Pampers and disposable diapers in the stores so babies and toddlers would most likely be wearing cloth diapers.  I can't see a parent of any kid not automatically putting rubber or plastic pants over their kid's cloth diaper as just a cloth diaper alone isn't going to be of much use.  I'm assuming from what you said, and maybe I'm not interpreting it right,  that is sounds like you were at your grandparents house Christmas day at age 8, wearing diapers and after you fell asleep you were put in rubber pants over your diaper after you fell asleep to protect their new mattress.  Maybe you meant that either before leaving home your parents put you in cloth diapers and rubber pants just in case you fell asleep, or once at your grand parents home they diapered you in cloth and rubber pants once you fell asleep so while sleeping you wouldn't ruin the new mattress if you had an accident.

it was Christmas night after I went to bed and was asleep. I can remember being awake just enough to see my mother, grandmother and aunts all standing around the bed while my mother put a thick cloth diaper and rubber pants on me. I remember just before I went up to bed,  mother and others talking about the new mattress and diapers, and I remember saying " I don't need one but my brother does, he is still a baby"   4 years younger and did wet the bed . 

What is strnage, given all the clubs we have, there is not rubber panty club

On 1/1/2019 at 4:43 PM, WBxx said:

You capitalize the “T”, don’t believe I’ve seen that before.  Whatever, to you or your husband’s knowledge did Playtex also offer a latex baby/youth sheet?  And now you given me another puzzle, wonder what I and other kids wore over our diapers during the period rubber pant production was suspended.

That is when plastic started to be used if what I read in a hisory article was correct. Although when you were born, rubber should have been available,since I was born in 45 and had peach rubber panties in '48,  you would have been born in '47

I have been wearing diapers by choice ever since the age of three maybe four years old, although choice is relative. In that time cloth diapers and plastic pants were the thing to use. Even now I prefer to wear cloth diapers and plastic pants. I can still remember the feeling they gave me when I was diapered up usually when I went to bed but if I asked for a diaper during the day time my whish was usually granted. Nowadays I wear 24/7 and during daytime I usually wear a disposable diaper, a cloth diaper over the disposable and a plastic pant when I am going out or go to work. The disposable is mainly meant for absorption purposes and the cloth in meant for the authentic looks and feel. I really like the old fashioned snug fitting medical grade plastic pants just like the ones I remember from childhood. Every so now and then I’ll find an old one on Ebay and if I wear one of those I am instantly tossed back in my memories which I like a lot. So yes in a way I do remember being diapered being young and being diapered.

My first memory of wearing plastic pants not rubber was when I was about 10 yrs old in 1954.  I went up to the store a few blocks from my house and bought a pair of Toddler Large plastic pants.  I couldn't wait to get home and put them on over my homemade diaper.  I been hooked on diapers and plastic pants ever since.

• 2 months later...

I do not remember much before I was five but I can tell you I use rubber, latex pants now and love the smell and noise they make. I think they help prevent leaks better but that is my opinion. I also love the tight fit and the very smoothness.  

I have no memory of wearing diapers or waterproof pants and was supposedly  potty trained before my second birthday. But I did find a photo of my taken in 1949 when I was 18 months old  and I was wearing just my cloth diaper and clear plastic pants and cowboy boots. You could clearly see my diaper and pins through the panties.