LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Sheltered [12/03/2023] CH46+47 [Important Subscribestar Update]

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2019 at 1:24 PM, Sarah Penguin said:

You should release your Halloween story on Christmas eve and include a The Nightmare Before Christmas reference :)

Hmm...that's not a bad idea...

On 11/21/2019 at 9:40 AM, D503 said:

Such a wonderfully written story with the best character development I've seen. Cant wait for more.

Happy to hear you're enjoying it! Hope you're looking forward to the next chapter!

26 - Bump in the Night

Impatient couldn’t even begin to describe how she was feeling.

Every few moments the sound of wet skin slapping against the tiled floor could be heard.

Was it dry yet? Emily rubbed a strand of hair between her fingers. She could feel a few drops of water secrete from it.

No, of course not.

She went back to tapping her foot again, staring at her displeased self in the foggy mirror. Couldn’t this thing dry any faster?! 

She was a mess. While she was confined to the bathroom, everyone else was probably getting all the food out and ready. Her ears could have been playing tricks on her, but she was at least 99.99% positive she heard Joyce leaving to go pick up the food a while back.

They were probably eating without her already; enjoying such delicious, scrumptious, fattening foods. Crispy, golden fries, oily and vinegary subs and savory, cheesy pizza… She could imagine each one of them enjoying it all to their hearts’ content. Everyone was feasting. Everyone but Emily.

“Come on…!” Emily started to moan to herself, specifically her hair. “Can’t you dry faster?!” Little did she know, a blow dryer could have solved her dilemma or at least minimized it, but a hungry stomach has been known to distract the mind.

There was a knock on the door.

“Who is it?” Emily called, but never looking away from the mirror. Maybe she could use a second towel…

“It’s me?” Joyce spoke from the other side. “Can I come in?”

Was she just here to tease Emily some more? Make fun of how she got to eat food and Emily didn’t?  Food really did make her crazy. She unlocked the door and in came Joyce. Joyce, and something else...something far too tempting for the girl.

“Is your hair done drying yet?” She spoke so casually, as if she didn’t know what she was doing, the demon.

Emily wordlessly stared at what was in her hand.

“Emily? Hello? You-houu?”

“Did you just come here to tease me?” Emily annoyedly huffed. How could she not? Joyce was holding what Emily revered most.

The french fry.

All in its golden splendor, Emily’s worst fears had come to pass. They already started eating without her. Everything was going to be gone by the time she was anything less than dripping!

Clearly the gravity of the situation wasn’t the same for Joyce as she chuckled, trying to piece together what heightened fantasy might be going through Emily’s head.

“What are you talking about? If you want me to tease you, I can think of plenty of things I could do, but what is it that I’m supposedly doing right now?”

Was she really going to make her say it? “You just came in here to dangle food in my face! You know I want to eat, too!”

Joyce looked a bit stupefied, given the bizarre accusation, but cracked an odd smile. “So...you thought I came in here to...” she had to remember what she was holding. “To tease you with a french fry?” Obviously she thought Emily was being a bit silly, but that didn’t change the grave look on the other woman’s face. Simply, Emily nodded.

Joyce blinked. She couldn’t remember Emily ever being like this. Granted, takeout in this house didn’t come terribly often, and they had yet to get food like this. Apparently she’d found a big chink in Emily’s armor.

But now wasn’t the time for burning bridges or rattling cages, hence why an olive branch was extended in the form of feeding her charge.

It was sudden, but the crispy warmth in Emily’s mouth was heavenly. It was everything she’d been dreaming about.

“I came to check on you? We’re getting a little impatient waiting for you, you know...”

Waiting?

She finished chewing her spoils. “Wait, you guys are waiting for me to start?”

“Of course we are, dummy.” With both hands free now, Joyce decided to accelerate the process. “And why isn’t the hair dryer out? They’re pretty good at drying hair than just pacing in front of the mirror.” She was already looking in the large cabinets.

“Here, use this.” Joyce offered as she plugged the tool in. “Meanwhile, I’m going to get another french fry since someone stole my last one...”

“Wait!” Emily called just before she could leave. “Could...could you dry it for me?”

“I don’t see why not?” Joyce turned back around and picked the dryer back up. “No fidgeting though, got it?”

Emily nodded, then let her get to work.

“B-besides,” Emily weakly added. “You need to repay me somehow...for getting me dirty and everything...”

“Hoh? Is that so?”

A sudden hand grabbed the bottom of Emily’s large towel, lifting it nice and high from the back so a hot torrent of air could blast on her bare bottom.

Emily yelped as she stumbled forward, losing her towel in the process. Joyce of course watched with a look of devious mischief. Yet she still had the gaul to say, “I thought I said no fidgeting?”

“I changed my mind,” Emily grumbled with an arm over her chest and a hand on her privates. “I can dry my own hair.”

“Sorry, no refunds.” Joyce shrugged, as if her hands were tied. “Butt back over here, please.”

Apparently it’d become water under the bridge, or at least a buried hatchet as Joyce was gleefully back to handling the girl’s hair, all smiles while Emily was a mix of content and distrust.

“You know, if I didn’t know any better, I’d almost think you’re trying to keep me here because of the food?”

“H-huh?” Emily stayed ignorant. “What are you talking about?”

If Joyce could pin any specific trait to Emily, it’d certainly be her distaste for being the odd one out. If she wasn’t part of the norm that meant she was either missing out or sucking in all the spotlight. Naptime was a perfect example of that. Last night’s early bedtime too… If it was just Emily going to bed, of course she hated it.

“Well...if I had to guess...” Joyce pretended to ponder an already finished thought. “You’re just keeping me here so I can’t eat without you?”

“No, I’m not. I just...wanted you to dry my hair…” she blushed a little. “That’s all.”

“I’m already committed, so you can be honest, you know? Though, word to the wise would be that this doesn’t stop mom and dad from eating first; all your precious french fries are probably going to be gone by the time we finish here… Such a shame.”

She was kidding, right? It had to be a joke. It was a joke. She needed it to be a joke. The fate of french fries was no laughing matter, and Emily couldn’t bear to imagine something so heinous as Mary and Frank devouring the perfect accent to her equally as mouth-watering entree.

“...They wouldn’t eat them all, right?” Apparently Joyce hit the nail right on the head. She couldn’t help but start laughing as Emily retreated into her shell.

“Kidding~” Joyce kissed the top of her head. “Still, you can be quite the monster when food is on the line, huh?”

“Stop teasing me...” Emily mumbled. She really didn’t have much of a defense anymore.

“Okay, I’m sorry.” Joyce apologized, going back to fluffing up Emily’s hair.

“I never win against you...” How many times had she already faced this? Never once did it seem like Emily could pull one over on Joyce. Well, maybe there were a few key moments dotted throughout their time together, but by a large margin did Joyce control the tide of the battlefield. It was her rules and her board, and Emily was a piece in her hands.

“Wrong.” Joyce plainly corrected. “It’s not about winning or losing. We don’t compete. We’re a team, remember?”

A team with a pecking order… Emily might have added, though she chose not to. Joyce did just say something fuzzy-feeling, after all.

Finally the hair dryer clicked and the device was off.

“Okay, all dry.” She looked around. “Did I ever bring you clothes to wear?”

“No,” Emily answered, and Joyce was already going for the door. “And no pajamas, please?” She had a sneaking suspicion Joyce might try something like that.

“I know, I know,” Joyce waved her off. Had her parents not been here it most certainly would have been pajamas, though if today taught Joyce anything it was to constantly remind herself of boundaries. Still, she couldn’t help but smile imagining the fit Emily might throw if she did have to wear pajamas early.

“Then tonight you shall be wearing...” Joyce murmured to herself as she searched through the drawers. She settled on shorts and a short-sleeve, considering Emily might be a bit reckless once she gets to the dinner table... Joyce shuddered with a giggle. If one french fry could practically intoxicate her, she couldn’t fathom what an entire smorgasbord might do to her.

Everyone shared in a round of satisfied sighs, all pleasantly stuffed full of delicious food. Though, what loomed over the quartet was a silent understanding of the groggy hole they’d dug themselves into. It was all delicious, but ever so fattening.

“I can’t remember the last time I ate food like this...” Joyce said oddly. She was equally pleased with the choice as she was ashamed by it. For the sake of her physical health and Emily’s, a treat like this wouldn’t be happening often…

“Basic takeout is always a guilty pleasure.” Frank chuckled, wiping his mouth with a napkin. “Makes me want to make my own pizza, though. What do you say? Round 2 will be homemade this time?” All his suggestion got him was a round of groans, likely because the mere mention of food had everyone’s stomachs straining.

“Can’t...eat anymore...” Emily moaned, yet still eyeing a small pile of crumbs, along with one last french fry. “But we need to finish the job...” Sluggishly so, Emily leaned in for the last fry, yet it looked as if her heart had been stepped on once a different hand got to it first.

“I think we’re all full,” Joye paused to chew the final morsel. “But you look to be in the worst shape, Emily. I think you’re one fry short of a total food coma.”

It took willpower not to cry over the fallen soldier.

“I think I wanna lie down…” Emily slowly stood herself up, clearly too winded for formalities, not that anyone but a sober Emily might care about. Mary and Frank watched Joyce choke down a giggle as they watched her saunter off.

“Didn’t she get a whole sub?” Mary asked, looking at the remains of her spot, which were little to none.

“Yep.” Joyce said, sharing in her surprise. How that girl could fit the whole thing down was truly a mystery, especially with how her stomach still looked relatively flat.

“Well, how about we clean up the kitchen, then call it an early night?” Frank suggested. “Your mom and I still need to wash up anyways.”

“I like the sound of that.” Mary agreed. “I think the plane ride over here is finally starting to hit us… Before that, do you need to wash up at all, Joyce?”

“Mmm...for the most part, no.” She was already stuffing their empty containers into a much larger bag. “I can finish up in my own room. You guys have the greenlight.”

“Sounds good to me,” Frank took the bag over to the trash. “A hot shower sounds pretty good right now.”

Mary chuckled. “Well, suit yourself, because I know I need to try the bath at least once.”

“Well, whatever you two do, enjoy yourselves for the rest of the night.”

“And also, I was checking the weather. We got pretty lucky with today, because I guess it’s gonna start raining tonight.” Mary said.

“Really?” Joyce was trying to remember. “It must have been sudden. I don’t remember seeing that in the forecast… Whatever, not that it affects us now.”

All three gave mini-goodbyes as the two parents made their way down the hall and Joyce crept up behind the couch.

“Not passed out yet?” Emily was on her side somewhat, curled up into the corner of the couch.

“Nope.” Emily blankly answered. She was too sluggish for emotions.

Joyce laughed a little. “You quite literally inhaled that food, my little black hole.”

“Don’t say it like that...” Emily whined. “I don’t wanna sound like I’m fat!”

“Believe me, you’re far from it.” Joyce’s hand was suddenly lightly pressing into Emily’s certainly flat stomach. Normally it’d transition right into a tickle, but Joyce was afraid she might not be able to keep the food down otherwise… “And even if you were, I’d love you all the same!”

“Okay...” Emily was staring out one of the windows, then up at Joyce. “So now what?”

“Now what?” Joyce repeated. “You’re already itching for more?” Clearly she wasn’t, but that didn’t mean Joyce wasn’t going to tease.

“Oh yeah, sure. Sign me up coach, let’s hit the amusemen...” She was so sluggish, she even gave up her act halfway through. Joyce couldn’t stop laughing. Emily found it hard not to smile either.

“Mom and Dad are gonna wash up for the night, then probably go to bed. That means it’s just us now.” There was a moment of silence in the room, but it was a warm silence. One that made the atmosphere still feel tender.

Then, Emily looked at her with a quite confused look. A look that was unsure of herself.

“I think I want ice cream?”

Joyce smiled with a slight chuckle.

“Absolutely not.”

“Come on…! Just a little?” Emily could already feel her stomach compressing its contents, just enough to make room for its most esteemed guest; dessert.

“We don’t even keep ice cream in the house, you know?” And it would seem that was a good judgement call. In-house sweets were probably a temptation Emily couldn’t resist, so why give her the chance to fail to begin with?

Though, whether it was the playful part of herself feeling aroused or simply feeling suspicious, Emily said “I bet you’re lying.”

Joyce raised her brows. “Oh? Lying, am I?”

“Yep.” Emily rolled a little, finding a softer spot in the cushions. “Just so I won’t go looking for it.”

“Hmm, well, you are most certainly right that on any other day of the week I’d be lying to you,” she drew a fingernail up the girl’s neck, creeping and scraping along the surface of her skin so slightly it caused Emily an infectious giggle. “But, this time I mean it. So in that case, how about I get you some water instead?” She was already getting up.

“I like my vanilla with whipped cream, please!” Emily called to her.

“Those expectations better be severely lowered by the time I get back in there!”

They were not, which is why you can imagine the slightly soured expression on Emily’s face, partly standing up from her spot just to see Joyce come back with not a bowl of delicious sweetness, but a rather bland glass cup of transparent liquid.

“But I wanted ice cream?”

Joyce simply rolled her eyes with a smirk.

“Drink. This might help your tummy feel better.” She handed off the glass to Emily who stared at it curiously for a moment. There wasn’t a straw, so she’d need to go straight in with a normal sip. She sort of giggled. It felt...intimidating, in a way?

“What’s so funny?” Joyce was walking around to get a seat right beside her. Thankfully she was late to the party, though…

“Hm? Uh, nothing.” Emily dismissed her concern and her laughs as she reeled in for a large swig. It was essentially like drinking from the bottles or sippy cups which she’d become so used to. For the uninformed, the trick was simply to tilt it nice and high to gravity could help you--

“Emily!” Joyce shouted, but it was too late.

As Emily leaned her head back and with both hands held up the glass, she realized too late that her motions were too ambitious as a large amount of water flowed past the corners of her mouth, onto her face, including her shirt, shorts and the couch.

Joyce took the glass from her and stood her up, meanwhile Emily was somewhat astunned, trying to realize what had just happened; how things could have slipped from her so easily.

“I...” She watched Joyce press her hand onto the couch, feeling where the water had hit it. Watching her so engrossed in a mistake Emily caused… Emily bit her lip, sniffling. Was she really going to get so worked up over this?

“Emily, do you think you could go--” Joyce was turning her head to Emily and was surprised to find her choking down a sob. Did she feel bad? Joyce knocked herself over the head. Of course she did.

“Honey, it’s okay!” Joyce laughed, hoping to make the moment feel lighthearted. “It’s just water!” She pulled her in for a hug.

“I’m sorry I spilt it...” Maybe if she hadn’t been so excited and stopped being so silly this wouldn’t have happened. Even when she tries to let go she seems to mess it up…

“It’s fine, Emily,” Joyce said again, this time looking to her with a genuine smile. “Can you go and get me a towel though? We should dry the spot off as soon as possible.”

She nodded her head and walked down the hall.

Joyce sighed a little, now on her own. “Let’s see...” She pulled out the cushion in question. It was possible some of the water soaked inside the cushion, which wasn’t too big of a deal unless it’d be a lot of water that was spilt… Thinking on it, more water seemed to have gotten on Emily than the couch… They’d need to take care of that next.

Emily had knocked on the bathroom door, hearing Frank’s voice from the other side.

“Who is it?” He called.

“I-it’s Emily. Could you hand me a towel, please?”

A few moments went by until a crack opened and a hand extended outward with a bundle of fluffy cloth.

“Thank you,” Emily received it.

“I brought some...” she said a bit sullenly, walking back into the room. She could see Joyce was looking the cushion over. Was it that bad?

“Thank you very much,” Joyce made a point to smile again as she took one and pressed it firmly into the cushion. Emily only watched with a growing self-consciousness.

“I-I can pay for it...” She’d do anything to make things right. Joyce looked at her with a perplexed look. “Just let me know how much and I can give it to you...” She could. It’s not like her money had been going much elsewhere, after all.

“Emily, you made a silly mistake, that’s all. You can’t really think I’m going to charge you for damaging our furniture, do you?”

“But...but I...” It was the first time she’d done something like this to Joyce. Sure, she was a freeloader, but she wasn’t one that inflicted harm on the home itself. Not until now. How couldn’t she feel bad?

Joyce sighed in front of her this time, worsening Emily’s expression a little. She really was annoyed… She stood up, putting her hands on Emily’s shoulders.

“The only thing you could ever do to really get under my skin is by doing one of two things. One, catching another guy or girl flirting with you. If you haven’t guessed already, I’m quite protective of my possessions,” she rubbed noses with her on that, chuckling herself. “And second, seeing you in a bad mood. You may not believe it, but you’re my top priority whether we’re playing or not. So if you’re going to feel sad over something that I said, just know you’re going to cause me stress too, okay?” She smiled, hoping that it’d convince her somewhat.

Emily kept looking to the floor, still struggling to cope with herself.

“Of course, if you really do want to feel sad, that’s up to you,” Joyce shrugged. “But, I’m gonna use every trick in the book to try and change that…!” and like magic, mysterious prickles; pins and needles began to erupt on Emily’s sides, working their way under her shirt and up and down her skin. The touches were too sensitive and the places they struck were too vulnerable. Emily couldn’t help but erupt into a shower of giggles as Joyce tickled her all over.

“Stop! Stop!” Emily pleaded. She’d tried to run, but Joyce had wrapped an arm around her waist and held her close. There were tears, but thankfully not the bad kind.

“Stop?” Joyce gawked. “Not a chance! Just so you can be sad again?” She forcefully sat herself on the floor, Emily included as she trapped her between her thighs and keeping an arm strapped around her.

Emily kept kicking, lightly slapping her feet off the floor, suddenly thinking about something much more worrisome.

“Y-your--hahaha! Your p-parents are gonn-a hear!”

“Really? I wonder what they might say?” Joyce couldn’t be bothered to think about what they might say. It was her last worry in the world. “Well, if we don’t want them to, that means you should probably stop being so gloomy, huh?”

Emily kept laughing, nodding her head. In truth, she was being strongarmed into submission. Well, quite literally so, on top of being “strong-tickled,” if that made any sense…

A god did exist somewhere in the world, because the tickling did come to an end. Emily was wiping her eyes, but thankfully for the right reasons.

Joyce had set the cushion on the towel laid on the floor, standing back to admire her work for one last second.

“Okay...that should be good there. But this,” she turned and tugged on the front of Emily’s shirt with great enunciation, “is not!” She tutted disapprovingly. “And we just got you dried off...”

Emily didn’t respond so much. She knew she was supposed to take it lightly, but causing disaster after disaster made her feel less and less like the champ Joyce wanted her to be.

Maybe it’s time to move her permanently onto sippy cups? Not actually, but it was still funny to imagine… Joyce shared a smirk with herself, leading Emily onward to the bedroom.

“I can do it this time,” Emily declared, stripping herself already.

“Do you want to wear pajamas now?” Joyce was already looking into the dresser for her. “I’ll wear them if you do?” Now her offer was tempting. If Joyce did it, that means it’s what all the cool kids were doing, so how could Emily miss out?

“Uhm...you pick.” Emily mumbled through a mouthful of upturned shirt covering her face. She grimaced, feeling the wet sensation in her underwear. The water really did soak through her... She sighed. “Could you please get me a pair of panties too?”

“I figured those didn’t survive, either...” Joyce spoke passively, adding one more item to her checklist.

“...I’m sorry for getting the couch wet.”

“I’m sorry for not making it clear we had no ice cream,” Joyce spoke, reflecting on the past with a greatly feigned regret. “I guess we let someone get a little too excited...”

Finally, Emily’s lips did spurt something out, and it rang like music.

“Fine!” Emily huffed. “I’ll make sure we always have ice cream. It’s your fault for giving me water in the first place!” Of course! How was it only clear now? Water was the root of all evil. Had there been delicious sweets to intervene in plain old H2O’s devious plans, none of this would have ever happened.

“You’re funny when you’re joking, you know that?” Joyce snarkily fired back, tossing a pair of underwear on the bed. Thankfully she had the thoughtfulness to close the door this time. She still couldn’t shake that paranoia from earlier…

“Nope! Dead serious. If you won’t get it, I will.”

“For your health and to preserve your cuteness, sweets should be few and far between in this household.” Joyce shoved the girl, giggling over her yelp as she crashed into the bountiful mattress, sheets and cover.

“Oh yeah?” Emily cockily muffled with her face in the bed, turning herself around. “What are you gonna do about it?”

Joyce’s eyes widened. “Oh-hoh-hoh, you really didn’t just say that, did you?” Her hands were already looking grabby, and with the wiggling of her fingers...probey, as well.

And just before she closed in on her, she stopped.

“Actually, I thought of a better idea.”

“Y-yeah?” Emily was forcing a smile, hesitating to consider a fate that was worse than tickles.

“We’ll buy ice cream, but that just means I’ll need to look into getting a top-freezer fridge...”

“A...what?”

“You know? A fridge where the freezer is on top?” Currently, the freezer was a bottom drawer that afforded a shorter girl like Emily easy access. If it were at the top she could still reach it, but maybe not the farthest point on the top shelf... “It’ll need to be taller, too...otherwise you’d be able to reach it.”

“Uhm...nevermind...” These were definitely the times when Emily hated Joyce’s omnipotent nature. She could never tell when the woman was simply teasing her or genuinely considering future fantasies.

“Oh! Or, do you think we could put a lock on the freezer? Like a keypad? Maybe we could get something like a wine cooler for that...” She laughed, her eyes twinkling. “Maybe ice cream isn’t so bad of an idea?” Ice cream behind bars was no ice cream for Emily.

“...I won’t buy any ice cream...” Emily mumbled with red cheeks. She felt like she’d lost in more ways than one. Not only was she denied her ice cream, but also yet another opportunity at spending her own money.

“Thank you for the ideas~” Joyce kissed her on the forehead, feeding into Emily’s growing concerns.

“Now, I thought you said you could undress yourself?” Joyce jokingly admonished. “When I do it,” right then, Emily could feel two hands burrow themselves under her and suddenly cup her bum cheeks, slipping between her skin and underwear. “We go...” and suddenly with a quick yank they were off her waist, legs and feet. “Lightyears faster!”

“Maybe if you didn’t tease me so much you’d think differently!” Emily didn’t bother to cover herself up, standing in a dominant pose, as dominant as you could be while flashing your privates, then pulled a new pair of panties up her legs.

“Well, I can’t imagine seeing you in any other way...” Joyce thought out loud, pretending to wrestle with a half-truth.

“Hah-hah! See? Easy!” So to prove it, Emily spun on her heel 180 degrees then planted herself firmly, giving her bum a slap on the cheek. Meanwhile Joyce was finding herself quite frustrated. After all, the possibilities were endless with this little girl…

“Okay, last call,” Joyce broke herself out of a trance. “Are we wearing pajamas or regular clothes?”

“Mmm...pajamas.”

“I like that choice too.” And so they went with that. Emily went with her polka-dot set and Joyce decided on a short-shirt pair.

After that, it was a quick trip to the kitchen so that Emily could actually drink a few glasses of water this time, only now under strict supervision. Though, looking back on it, it sort of was funny to think how she could have somewhat confused it with a bottle.

“Couch time?” Joyce asked as Emily already flopped herself on it.

Joyce had given the cushion a little more time to dry. Satisfied, she put it back in place.

“Movie time!” Emily cheered back, so unreasonably ecstatic just to be in thin clothing while embracing such a cushy sofa.

“Movie time?” A much deeper voice answered back. Both female heads looked in its direction.

Joyce was already sitting herself next to Emily. “Finish your shower, Dad?”

“You bet I did. Would’ve been longer had your mom not kicked me out so soon...” An unfortunate memory to stew over, by the looks of it. “But, anyways, that bathroom really is nice. I wouldn’t be surprised if your mom doesn’t come out of there until it’s time for our flight back home.”

“Well, Emily and I should be good for the night. We’ve got an extra bathroom on standby.”

“That’s good. With the pace your mother goes at, you just might need it… But anyways, heard you two are gonna watch a movie? Think you can fit a third?”

All cozy and well-fed, the energy levels were still high. “I think we can manage a third…!” Emily, surprising Joyce, haughtily spoke.

“Oh? Well, thank you ever so much for fitting me in, your majesty!” And with a grand bow, Frank sat himself on the far end. Emily couldn’t help but snicker. “What’re we watching?”

“Zero idea. Not sure yet.” Joyce had just finished turning the tv on.

“I’m sure there’s something to watch. Either of you two watch anything new in the theaters?”

Joyce and Emily exchanged looks.

“I think we went one time not too long ago...”

“Yeah, right after I got over that stomach bug thing.”

“That’s right,” Joyce agreed somewhat plainly. She didn’t like to think back on that, considering the pain Emily was in. “Glad we’re over that now...”

The trio watched as the list of movies went on and on. On and on until…

“Oh, hey, how about that one?” Frank interrupted the search.

Joyce stopped scrolling. “Which one?”

“That one right there? I think it says ‘Hilltop Inn’?” The cover was something to say the least. Basking in the moonlight sat a rickety old mass of shacks and roofs with boarded-up windows interspersed throughout. Only in one of them though was there the silhouette of a figure…

Wait, was this movie a--?

“Is this a horror movie?” Joyce was the first to ask. She didn’t bother reading the bio for it, as if she were already about to write it off.

“Of course it is! Remember when you, me and your brother used to watch one every weekend?” Thinking back on it, that did happen a lot…

“Really? You guys did?” Emily seemed curious.

“Oh yeah!” Frank was quick to confirm. “You couldn’t get this one away from the tv. She was a little horror fanatic!” This was a little hard to buy, considering Emily rarely ever saw Joyce watch movies. She even gave her a look.

“W-well...maybe just a little...” She’d fallen out of the habit, but maybe there was a tiny craving for it every once in a long while. She’d somewhat satisfied that feeling last time with Emily, though she remember how that went last time.

“But anyways, how about we watch something less scary? Maybe a comedy?”

Frank came off as surprised. “You don’t want to watch it? Did you already see it?”

“It’s not that...” Joyce trailed, realizing too late that would have been a good excuse.

“...Oh, well, that’s fine. I’m sure we can find something else.” He seemed to have come to his own conclusions, which invited some self-consciousness into Emily’s headspace.

“I...I want to watch it, too.”

Both sets of eyes fell on Emily.

“I wanna watch it. It seems, uhm, interesting.” Frank smiled at her, while Joyce was trying not to roll her eyes. It was obvious what she was trying to do…

“Are you sure?” Joyce tried to make his voice as little as indicative as possible, though she desperately hoped Emily could read between the lines. With her dad in attendance, she didn’t want to be so transparent about Emily’s less-than-ideal affinity for scary movies.

“Yes, I am. I kinda like them, anyways.”

“Really?” Frank sounded enthusiastic. “Joyce, you really know how to pick ‘em!”

While Frank couldn’t see it from his angle, the look Joyce gave Emily was one that was less than impressed. Whatever ‘bravado’ the girl thought she was showing, Joyce didn’t see it that way.

“I’ll be right back,” Frank stood himself up. “Do you guys keep any popcorn here?”

“It should be somewhere in the kitchen,” Joyce answered while she turned her head to him. “I’m not positive which cabinet it’s in though, so you might have to look a little...”

“No problem. I’ll manage.” And then there were two.

Emily was the first to start. “Joyce, I know what you’re--”

“No,” she bluntly interrupted. “That’s my line. I know what you’re trying to do.”

“But why not? He said you guys watch them all the time!”

“Yes, we did, but that was then. Now I’m with you and I know you don’t do scary movies.” Need she remind her of how the first movie night went?

“Come on! They’re only here for one more night! You guys should do something you used to! I can handle it!”

Finally Joyce’s sternness did soften some, “You’re sweet, but you know when we’re at home like this you don’t need to act so tough. Thank you for thinking about us, but I want to watch something we’re all going to like.”

“Then...I’ll just go to bed early while you two watch it. I want you guys to watch something scary.”

The two were at odds, fighting for what they believed would best benefit the other, funnily enough. In all honesty though Emily was starting to annoy Joyce. If the roles were different, she wouldn’t have to compromise so heavily…

And then she stopped herself.

She sighed, realizing just what an idiot she was. She really did have some work to do on keeping her Mommy-self in check…

Emily was an adult. She was her girlfriend. She has every right to decide what she wants to do and watch whether Joyce liked it or not. The best she could do was heavily advise against it, but it would seem advice this time wasn’t going to work.

“Fine, you can watch it.” That made Emily let out a little giggle. “It wasn’t my decision to make from the get-go. I just don’t want to see you scared.”

“I’ll be fine! F-I-N-E!” Emily started to get herself cozy again.

“Uh-huh.” All Joyce did was let her watch the movie. That didn’t mean she’d believe for a second she was going to be “fine”.

It wasn’t fine.

“Emily?” The mere sound of another voice startled the girl. She collapsed from her fetal position on the bed before she could distinguish friend from foe.

The girl looked as if she’d been through hell and back; tortured by souls of the lost and witness her life itself hang in the balance of suspense and terrifying thrill. Joyce, on the other hand looked quite sympathetic.

“I told you we shouldn’t have watched it...” she rubbed the girl’s shoulder. Compared to the first scary movie, this one was actually halfway decent by Joyce’s standards, so objectively speaking for Emily it was the difference between a five and a ten.

“I thought it would be okay this time,” Emily whimpered, pulling herself back together. She even used all the strategies! First and foremost was cuddling with Joyce. Being a lone soldier was never destined to work, and Emily knew that. The other was regularly interrupting herself for water. The first two times she could comfortably remove herself from the couch to get a drink, but then when the movie really started to set in she had to start asking Joyce to come with her… A little after that, and she’d given up on trying to move entirely. The couch became her final oasis.

They’d moved from the living room and into Joyce’s bed. She was expecting a much more intimate arrival, but instead had to deal with the creeping fears of the imaginary lurking throughout the house.

“Next time can you please be a little more honest with yourself? I won’t tell you ‘no’ unless you want me to, but I really don’t like seeing you like this.”

“Did you like the movie, at least?” Emily asked while panning her eyes over to the halfway-shut door. The hall lights were off, so that meant pure darkness seeped from the crack in the doorframe. If she looked hard enough...squinted enough...the darkness moved.

“Yes,” Joyce turned the girl’s head back to her. “I did.” Unfortunately, that was more of a lie than a truth. The movie was okay, but real terror was constantly trying to imagine how your significant other might be reacting to their kryptonite being force-fed down their throat. All she could do now was let the girl feel like her efforts weren’t in vain.

“How about we get some sleep? Maybe dream of something better than that movie?”

Emily silently nodded, still looking at the doorway somewhat.

With a soft smile, Joyce went on to ask, “Would you like me to close the door?”

“Yes, please...”

She a pair of warm lips hit Emily’s temple before Joyce got up.

A with the shutting of a door the monsters of the night had been banished. “See? Now it’s our own little fortress,” Joyce chuckled. “Just you, me and Pip.” Criss-crossed now on the bed, Emily had been stuffing her hands into him while he sat in her lap. It was kind of endearing how she’d taken to him so quickly.

“I’m sorry I’m such a scaredy cat...” With everything Joyce did for her, making her feel better over the smallest things, she really did feel needy regardless of the time or place. Under the right circumstances that was her job, but this wasn’t supposed to be one of those times.

“Don’t be. I like being able to do stuff for you, and I especially want to be the person you can always turn to; whatever the reason.”

“Thank you.” She played with Pip’s squishiness a bit more. “And you know I’d always be there for you too, right?”

“Of course I know that,” Joyce paused to exchange a brief kiss. “But don’t think that I don’t want to hear you say it anyways.”

Joyce slipped herself off the bed to pull back her corner of the covers.

“So are you okay with tonight? Sleeping with me?”

“Of course I am,” Emily didn’t dwell on it much, warming Joyce’s heart. “But I would be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous at least a little...”

“Nervous how?”

“Nervous as in...I don’t know. It’s another step, I guess. We’ve done a lot more...intimate stuff than this,” need she reference what had to be done in her diapers, “but I guess as far as regular things normal couples do, this is something new for us.”

Joyce nodded, collecting her thoughts.

“I can see that. It is different in a way, isn’t it?” Joyce laughed a little. “We definitely have pushed the bar in a lot of other ways though. Would you honestly rather the couch tonight?”

“No.” It was somewhat of a deadpan response and Joyce, smirking, knew exactly why.

There was no chance in hell Emily was leaving that room tonight. Not when a serial killer was still on the loose from Hilltop Inn. Those were the worst kinds of movies; ones that had a bad ending and the killer got away… But, in fairness, there was a much more meaningful reason to stay.

“I said I was nervous, but that doesn’t mean I’m not a lot more excited. It’s a big step, but it also means we get to be closer...” She kneaded her hands some and wove her fingers, “I like being closer with you.”

“You’re really cute when you try to sweet-talk me, you know?”

“W-well, you don’t have to say it out loud...” The abrasive choice of words had her looking beat-red, though that was somewhat expected. It was likely a quality that’d never change about their relationship. Even if they recognized each other as equals, there was always going to be someone more dominant of the two. Not that either of them minded.

“Ready to get under the covers?”

“Yeah, just a second...” Emily hopped off the bed, giving Joyce a nice view of her behind as she bent over, slipping off her pants.

Joyce slipped in between the cover and sheets, and Emily soon did the same. Only a handful of inches apart, they laid there somewhat stiffly. Was this awkward?

“Well, uh, how about I turn off the lights?” Joyce asked. The ceiling light was off, but there was still the warm glow from a nearby lamp on the nightstand.

“That’s alright...”

She leaned over, brushing her finger over the sensor.

Apart from the distant city lights reaching the floor-to-ceiling windows, everything was now dark. Very dark. Extremely dark. Oh-so very absolutely chillingly terrifyingly dark.

Emily pulled up the covers a little bit, scolding herself. How could she be making such a big deal out of this? It was just a movie! She is in a safe place!

Her eyes were playing tricks on her. In the deep corners of the room were the figments of her imagination; festering into creatures, goblins and ghouls, all waiting for her eyes to shut and to leave herself vulnerable. Her legs shuffled a little, accidentally brushing Joyce’s.

“Sorry about that...” Emily quietly whispered.

She spoke in such a way that you could tell she was smiling. “Don’t worry about it.”

Laying there, soaking in the black atmosphere, Emily wasn’t feeling any more accustomed.

“H-hey, Joyce?” She was hesitant to speak, afraid she might disturb Joyce.

“Uh-huh?”

“Did I leave Pip on the bed?”

She felt terrible once Joyce started to stir, watching her sit up, rousing herself out of a comfortable spot just to satisfy her selfish wishes. “Mmm...yeah, he’s right here.” Emily with her head laying into the pillow was joined by a stuffed piece of mochi right by her side. “Better?”

“Yes. Thank you...”

“You’re welcome.” She laid back down.

Now with a friend, she stared into his lifeless eyes, hoping they might inspire some form of tiredness within her, but she was too high-strung for that. Not when the boogeyman was hoping for the same exact thing.

“J-Joyce?” it came as a half-whimper.

“What’s wrong?”

“I’m...I’m still scared.”

“Wanna come a little closer?”

“Yes, please.”

Pip was politely moved to the side and in his place was Joyce, holding the cover up almost like a tent from her position so Emily could slide over easily. It was a mix of shame and relief that washed Emily over. On one hand, she kept bothering Joyce over the tiniest and smallest things, but on the other she was getting comfort after comfort.

With the two both sleeping on their sides, Emily pressed herself against Joyce’s front, sitting slightly lower on the bed, meaning she could set her head somewhere between Joyce’s head and chest.

“Better?” Now her voice was much closer, but it rang like a soft lull with its tender nature.

“Yeah...” and she really did mean it. She didn’t know how Joyce would react to it, but Emily set one arm over Joyce’s waist and kept one hand on the top of her bosom.

Then, Joyce’s legs surprised Emily when they adjusted themselves. The one farthest from the mattress had moved itself forward, slipping right between Emily’s legs and nuzzling its thigh right along Emily’s crotch. She could feel the slight press from her skin; just enough to know it was there, but stimulating enough to want to press back…

“I’ll keep you safe from all the monsters, and make sure you have no nightmares too, okay?”

“Huh? How can you keep me from having nightmares?”

“Well, that’s easy enough.” She paused to give Emily’s forehead a long, uninterrupted kiss. “And like that, I’ve placed a magic spell on you. Good for one whole night’s sleep, no bad dreams are allowed inside your head.”

“Then how come it’s only good for one night? Shouldn’t it be forever?”

“Silly, did you forget I’m a businesswoman?” Both snickered. “You wouldn’t be my customer anymore if I only needed to give you a one-time solution… This way I get to keep kissing you forever and ever! And don’t forget your debt...” She pecked Emily on the lips. “Those belong to me now, so don’t get frisky with anyone else, got it?”

Emily cracked a toothy grin. “Wouldn’t dream of it!” She started to laugh while Joyce rolled her eyes.

“Okay, I think I’ve had enough of you for one night. Time to sleep.” Joyce took her free hand and cupped it around the back of Emily’s head, guiding her head into her chest where two generous, soft mounds lay like cushions.

“Night, Joyce.”

“Goodnight...”

And finally, at some point along the way, they both did drift off, sleeping soundly for quite some time.

Then, much later, hours later, Emily opened her eyes. It was a slow reveal, treating her vision to a set of boobs she was using almost like a pillow. She had to think of where she was right then, not completely sure with the darkness shrouding her vision. Then she remembered where she was and who she was with. Smiling just from the sweet reminder, she reeled her lower half into Joyce’s a bit more, feeling her crotch run along the woman’s bare thigh.

But now she knew why she woke up.

Her bladder was painfully full. The simple motion of her waist was enough to make it rise and stir in its own way. Joyce was still sound asleep, as Emily could feel the faint exhale from her nose while she slept.

Why did she have to get up now? There were a few reasons why she didn’t want to. One was how comfortable she already was, sleeping with Joyce. They were wrapped in each others arms, once sleeping so soundly. Another was having to leave Joyce, meaning to leave her one safety in such a big and dark house… She could already feel the movie getting to her again, and that was enough to quietly whimper. If only she had been wearing a…

She paused her thought for a moment, blinking.

Was she about to think what she thought she was? Easier to wear a...diaper? It wasn’t so much disgust that she regarded herself with, but instead simple wonder and curiosity. Before she’d thought of this whole routine as strange and different, but of course it had started to grow on her. So much now that Emily considered it a valid solution, apparently.

But alas, she wasn’t wearing one and there were none in the room. She didn’t have a crutch like that to fall on, because after all, she was supposed to be acting like an adult right now, even if the circumstances were making her wish she really wasn’t one right now.

Her head turned over to the door, leading into the hall. Just seeing the panel of wood alone was daunting enough. Who knew what was creeping beyond there? She could already imagine the hundreds of eyes peeking at them from the outside, sharpening their fangs and hiding themselves in all the right nooks and crannies to catch Emily by surprise. Her heart was beating a mile a minute just from thinking about it.

She hugged Joyce a little tighter. Even if she wasn’t awake, Emily could still feel the warmth radiating from her.

Why did she have to go and watch that stupid movie?! Joyce was right the entire time. All of this was Emily’s fault and she had no one to blame but herself.

She didn’t want to leave Joyce. So much of her wanted to wake her up and bring her on such a terrifying journey. But her conscience wouldn’t let her do that. After all the trouble she’d caused, something as petty as needing someone to take you to the bathroom crossed a line.

And so with great reluctance, Emily separated herself from Joyce, letting her feet touch the carpet. It was so cold without her lover… Emily managed to find her pajama pants on the ground and pull them up her legs, adding one more layer of armor before needing the face the monsters.

And just before she did start to move, she saw Pip on the bed. Unlike Joyce, she hardly minded bothering Pip. Whether he was trying to sleep or not, he was now Emily’s knight in shining armor, as with two arms he was securely strapped to Emily’s stomach.

With baby steps she walked over to the door. Slowly she turned the handle, opening the door, little by little, feeling the cool draft enter the room.

You can do this. You can handle this.

Total silence filled the rest of the apartment, meaning at a moment’s notice something could go bump in the night. She was trying to be slow and cautious, but her bladder felt ready to burst. Hopefully nothing did lash out at her, otherwise they’d be covered in her pee…

One last time she looked at Joyce sleeping in bed. She looked so at peace; comfortable, content and slumbering so sweetly. All the reasons why Emily couldn’t bring herself to ask her for help.

She couldn’t see too much in the hallway, nothing other than outside darkness peering through the windows down the hall from the living room.

At the same time the pressure she was feeling was unbearable. With one arm around Pip she used the other to press into her crotch, hoping that it’d help keep back the need to go.

She kept looking over her shoulder as she moved down the hall, keeping the wall close to her shoulder, just so she’d know when she was next to the bathroom. After a few more glances the door to Joyce’s room was feeling awfully far away. Hopefully Pip was going to keep her safe…

Then, she turned her head back.

Someone was there.

At first she glanced over the edge of the living room she could see, thinking nothing but of the windows she could see out of. Only when she looked at the couch did she realize someone was sitting on it. The round shape of their head, covered in lumpy hair was impossible to mistake.

Her heart skipped a beat and she made a tiny noise of panic, nearly losing her balance once she saw it. There really was someone in their home! It was real, she had every reason to be scared, she needed to run, hide, scream, tell anyone that their lives were at stake! Everything about the chilling situation was paralyzing.

Just then Emily felt something warm seep into her hand, the one cupping her crotch. Just as it happened she did her best to taper it, realizing just as fast that it was her bladder that was scared the most.

No, no! Please!

Her mind was frantic now, trying to contain herself. She hadn’t been spotted yet, so it had to be okay, right? She could still sneak back to the room and wake Joyce up… Doing her best to take a breath, she managed to calm down the tiniest bit.

With a plan set, she was ready to act.

In another moment of silence, the same panel windows in the living room, once black as the night, erupted into bright, blinding godrays. It was a brief flash, Emily hadn’t even pieced together what she’d seen. But after the flash came a crippling, deafening, quaking boom.

BOOM.

The noise was loud and sudden, Emily shouted in pure fear as she fell to her knees. Was she being attacked? What was even happening? She was too scared to think about anything, holding onto Pip with both arms for dear life. Immediate regret was all she could feel, wishing she’d never had left the room. Wet tears rolled down her cheeks as a stream began between her legs. She could feel it pooling around her, leaking through her pajamas and soaking up in other places.

She didn’t have the composure to try and stop herself, merely trying to scramble back to the room, trying not to grimace over the warm and wet clothes that clung to her skin and somehow forget about the stranger sitting in the next room over. She was alone and afraid. She desperately needed to go back. Fear itself roamed these halls and she was glad to make herself scarce. Trying not to break into a full cry, her heart thumped to a heavy beat as she managed to get herself back in the room, quickly closing the door behind herself.

What was she supposed to do? Go back to bed? Maybe then the killer wouldn’t get her. But what was that boom? It scared her too much to think about it, hoping she would never encounter something so terrifying ever again.

“J-Joyce?” Emily sobbed, trying to jostle her shoulder. She may have been dripping on the carpet, which only made her feel worse, but she wanted more than anything to feel safe right then. She needed Joyce.

After enough gentle rocking, Joyce did start to stir, though the sudden break from her sleep had her up with somewhat of a start, catching Emily by surprise a little.

“Wh...what…?” Joyce, sitting up, looked to her side, seeing Emily wasn’t where she had been before, then looked to her right, finding the distraught girl next to her bedside. “Emily…? What time is it?” She looked at a digital clock. Working some more sleep out of her system, only now did she see the girl was crying. “Sweetie, what’s wrong?” She leaned over to the lamp, turning it on.

Both were blinded for a second, adjusting their eyes, but Joyce could now see the dark stains on Emily’s pajama pants, starting from the crotch and leading elsewhere down below.

“What happened? How did you pajamas get wet?” She swept her legs out from under the covers, standing up.

“I-I...” Emily had no idea what to say. She was too ruined to think sensibly or figure out what needed to be said first. The killer? The big boom? The pee in her pants? The inability to speak only added to her woes, hence why she could cry harder.

“Okay, okay, it’s alright...” Joyce pulled her in for a hug, though still somewhat confused. She happened to sniff, catching a faint scent of something embarrassing. “Did you...did you have a bad dream?”

She shook her head no while Joyce guided her around the bed. She had to rub her eyes again just to adjust. “It’s alright, you’re gonna be fine,” she tried to calm Emily, but there was little that could be done for something as severe as this… Verbally, at least.

Joyce kept a hand on her shoulder while she leaned in to kiss her. “Can you help me take of your bottoms? I don’t want you to smell like pee too...”

Emily hiccuped, nodding her head. She didn’t even need to say a word and Joyce was already figuring things out. It was a testament to why Emily felt so relieved when relying on her.

BOOM.

It sounded off again and Emily yelped, grabbing Joyce’s arm as she felt another tiny bit squirt out of her. She winced, hearing it hit the carpet.

Joyce heard it too, but she didn’t seem to mind so much.

“I-I’m sorry, it-it’s...”

“It’s okay. I’m not mad...” she stroked the top of her head. Joyce looked out the window, watching as the raindrops started to hit the glass. “It’s just some thunder, okay? It was supposed to start raining tonight...”

That’s what it was? Thunder? How could it have been? It felt so much like the word itself had been shaking! Her imagination was too excited to see it as anything less than absolute, mortal danger.

There was another thunderous boom, and it did startle Emily a little, but not so much this time.

“You wait here for me, okay? I’m gonna go get a towel.” She was already leaving for the door.

“N-no! Joyce, wait!” It was the first sentence she could muster without a complete stutter.

“Why? What’s wrong?”

“Th-there’s someone out there! I saw someone on the couch…!” The panic in her eyes was genuine, but it only made Joyce look troubled.

“I’ll go and look, okay? You wait here.”

“No, please don’t!” Emily plead, looking as if nothing had mattered more in her life than this one simple request. If she had anything left in her power, it was to protect Joyce, the one she loved most. She couldn’t risk losing her to some deranged killer in the apartment!

Joyce walked back over, taking Emily’s hands. “Do you trust me?”

Trust? What did trust have to do with anything right now?

“Y-yes, but--!”

“Everything is going to be perfectly fine, okay? I promise.” Even with a tired expression, Joyce looked nothing short of absolute.

“B-but...” Emily knew she could believe in Joyce, but it was like trying to accept that apples were red while you looked at a green one. It was yet again that irrational side scaring her half to death.

“Just give me two minutes, okay? Think you can count for me?”

“What if you don’t come back then?”

“Then I’ll let you start paying me rent.” She snickered. “Here, let’s start.”

“One banana...two banana...” She waited for Emily to join her, nodding her head with each count.

“T-three banana...” Emily started, then continued.

Joyce counted in unison, slowly drifting to the door and into the hall, leaving just a crack in the doorframe behind her.

Apart from peeing herself, Joyce could only think of Emily’s other worry; a stranger in the house. She’d never call Emily a liar, but she found it hard to believe someone could break into the apartment building itself unnoticed, much less their exact home on one of the highest floors…

As she walked down the hall, stepping in a lukewarm puddle ceased her pace. Looking down at what her foot had just stepped in, she could see the faint outline of liquid on the floor. Pip happened to be sitting partly in it, as well… Needless to say, it had an unfortunate distinct smell to go with it as well.

“Poor thing...” Joyce quietly whispered, her heart already lurching in pain. She really looked as if she’d been put through a scare… The movie had certainly affected her, but her imagination really seemed to have dogpiled on her, considering what was left in its wake.

Walking around the puddle of pee, she leaned her head into the living room. She scanned it for a minute, though admittedly her heart did jump a little when she saw what she thought was a head resting on the cushion. Turning up the dimmer from a nearby panel, she sighed a little, realizing what she actually saw.

There was no head, just a clumped up blanket partly rolled into a ball resting on the couch. The dark really did play tricks on you…

She turned the lights off after knocking the blanket back over, figuring that must have been the culprit. She didn’t spend long in the bathroom, finding a towel, then walked back to the room.

“Eighty-four banana...eighty-five banana...” Emily was still well-within the two minute estimate, but that didn’t mean she was any less worried. What if the monster got Joyce? Then she’d have to somehow get across the hall unnoticed to warn Frank and Mary...but then Joyce would still be in trouble…!

The opening door spooked Emily, finding herself a fresh wave of tears when she saw it was Joyce. With a towel in hand, she looked awfully accusatory.

“You’re still counting right?”

With a smile of stress being lifted off her shoulders, Emily nodded. “Eighty-seven...”

Joyce looked quite smug. “And you doubted me...” She was laying the towel out on the floor.

She was back, safe and sound, but that didn’t say anything about the person in the living room. “B-but what about the--”

“The head you saw on the couch?” Joyce waited for a response, and Emily did so.

“I was a little surprised when I saw it too,” Joyce rambled, trying to make it seem lighthearted. “Turns out it was just a blanket though. The dark really knows how to play tricks, huh?”

Just a blanket? This was feeling like the thunder example as well. Did she really blow it that far out of proportion? And she most certainly did, considering a blanket made her accidentally wet.

“Okay, let’s get those jammies off...” Joyce took her pants by the waistband and lowered them, whilst Emily felt the cool room brush her skin and the wet pants peel off her legs. It smelled like urine…

“Panties, too,” Joyce added. Since they were a dark pair to begin with, you might not think much of it by looks alone, but logic dictated that the pee had to go through them first before they could reach the pants.

“I’m sorry,” Emily meekly spoke. She’d woken up Joyce just to deal with her own mishaps. And the worst part? Not a single part of Emily regret running to Joyce. Despite the stress and busywork she caused her partner, nothing felt better than to be comforted by her.

“Don’t be. This is one of my jobs, isn’t it? Comforting you?” She ran her hand through Emily’s hair, then went for her shirt next. “Your shirt might not be wet, but we don’t want the smell to stick...”

With all her clothes piled on the towel, all that Emily had left on was a bra.

“I’m sorry, but is it okay if we break our promise a little? To be honest, I’d do better at cleaning this kind of thing up in the nursery...” Frankly, it was the truth, considering it was a surprise that Joyce had to be dealing with pee during her parent’s visit. Not that she’d ever reprimand Emily for it.

Joyce took a moment to rub her own foot on the towel before they walked into the hall. Joyce had done her best to calm Emily’s nerves, but she wasn’t going to chastise her over still insisting that Emily held her hand along the way.

They were careful this time to navigate around the puddle, Emily feeling quite crestfallen when she saw it. Now that they moved farther beyond the point where she stopped, there was a better view of the living room, though there was no supposed head on the couch this time. That somewhat put Emily’s heart at ease.

Slipping the key into the lock, with a turn of the handle the door had opened, inviting the pair into a room neither had expected to find themselves in again so soon.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Good morning Mr. Mee.

First of all, congratulate yourself on the great quality that your stories treasure, for your time and dedication.

I have been waiting for a long time to continue the story "in the office" (short). That story is an atomic bomb.

It has all the potential of the universe to become an iconic story, especially for the characters in it.

Develop these characters, the situations that you can create thanks to the motivations that beat in those characters, are fantastic.

Especially if the approach of the ralato focuses on discovering what can be the best way to make it happen to the main character.

I understand that you have two main stories that have been very well received and that there is a lot of interest in them from the audience.

It is not my interest to deviate from these works. I think it is convenient for an author of your level to finish his works. My interest is to remind you that

That story has the essence of a future masterpiece and it would be very interesting if you spend some time in the future.

I don't like to ask the authors for anything, or direct them with my illusion. I like that the authors do what they want at all times.

But I would not like it to happen to you like many other authors, that there comes a time when they end up getting tired of writing and abandoning it.

everything, without you developing that particular story since it oozes a special essence.

Sorry to write this here, but I wanted you to read it and I didn't know where to put it. I see that you usually respond to everyone and that's why

I ventured to put it here.

I hope it doesn't bother anyone, that doesn't make you feel pressure, or hurry. I just try to let you know that there are many people waiting for a

continuation and a deep development in the day to day of the characters that you created in that story.

I have the feeling that you are going to create one of the best stories on the web, exploring your most perverse, mischievous, masochistic, bastard side,

etc., trying to bring Alex's life to the greatest possible degradation, causing him to suffer all kinds of indignities, squeezing to the fullest

His humiliation on the part of Sarah, Mrs. Boona and all those future characters you believe.

I had lost faith in the stories until I read that story several months ago ... and the wait has been long ... and although I wanted to write to you

After reading it ... I preferred to be patient to leave you continue to deepen your creation ... but I could not take it anymore and before

You get tired, at least remind yourself that a long time ago, you had a brilliant idea that for things I don't understand, it didn't have the welcome it deserved.

Much encouragement for all, that you enjoy reading stories and creating them.

A hug to everyone and sorry if I bothered someone writing this here, far from me was that intention.

I won't lie, when I logged on this morning and saw there was a new chapter I did a little happy dance. I freaking love your writing Mee and this story is definitely without a shadow of a doubt your magnum opus. Thank you for sharing your amazing writings with us! 

On 12/6/2019 at 7:48 AM, Destruction6969 said:

Good morning Mr. Mee.

First of all, congratulate yourself on the great quality that your stories treasure, for your time and dedication.

I have been waiting for a long time to continue the story "in the office" (short). That story is an atomic bomb.

It has all the potential of the universe to become an iconic story, especially for the characters in it.

Develop these characters, the situations that you can create thanks to the motivations that beat in those characters, are fantastic.

Especially if the approach of the ralato focuses on discovering what can be the best way to make it happen to the main character.

I understand that you have two main stories that have been very well received and that there is a lot of interest in them from the audience.

It is not my interest to deviate from these works. I think it is convenient for an author of your level to finish his works. My interest is to remind you that

That story has the essence of a future masterpiece and it would be very interesting if you spend some time in the future.

I don't like to ask the authors for anything, or direct them with my illusion. I like that the authors do what they want at all times.

But I would not like it to happen to you like many other authors, that there comes a time when they end up getting tired of writing and abandoning it.

everything, without you developing that particular story since it oozes a special essence.

Sorry to write this here, but I wanted you to read it and I didn't know where to put it. I see that you usually respond to everyone and that's why

I ventured to put it here.

I hope it doesn't bother anyone, that doesn't make you feel pressure, or hurry. I just try to let you know that there are many people waiting for a

continuation and a deep development in the day to day of the characters that you created in that story.

I have the feeling that you are going to create one of the best stories on the web, exploring your most perverse, mischievous, masochistic, bastard side,

etc., trying to bring Alex's life to the greatest possible degradation, causing him to suffer all kinds of indignities, squeezing to the fullest

His humiliation on the part of Sarah, Mrs. Boona and all those future characters you believe.

I had lost faith in the stories until I read that story several months ago ... and the wait has been long ... and although I wanted to write to you

After reading it ... I preferred to be patient to leave you continue to deepen your creation ... but I could not take it anymore and before

You get tired, at least remind yourself that a long time ago, you had a brilliant idea that for things I don't understand, it didn't have the welcome it deserved.

Much encouragement for all, that you enjoy reading stories and creating them.

A hug to everyone and sorry if I bothered someone writing this here, far from me was that intention.

Hey there, first and foremost thank you for being such a dedicated fan. Personally I consider that story to be one of my better ones in terms of "content" and delivery, haha. Fun fact, just about the entirety of that was written in about a day while I was sick. Of course fine-tuning had to come afterwards, but you get the idea. I can tell you really did enjoy the story and are looking for more, however I cannot give you a clear answer as to whether or not I'll be doing anything with that short again. I'm never going to outright say that I won't, because after all, opinions change, though I will say that when I do write a short I usually don't expect myself to be expanding off of it in the future. Though, with some shorts I do like to incorporate them into the "universe" with maybe a easteregg here or there...hint hint. So, while you may not see a direct sequel of the story in the future, I find it hard to imagine that I won't write something with at least similar elements to what you enjoyed in that story. Again, thank you for such kind words and thank you for thinking so highly of my writing; it means the world to me!

15 hours ago, Sarah Penguin said:

thanks for the update *banishes da mees to the dimension full of hungry hug monsters that live for someone of their owns to hugs softly and warmly forevers and grow strongs*

Gladly, with pleasure! Show me the portal, I'm ready to go! Take me!

13 hours ago, BabySofia said:

So glad to see a new chapter in this! Hope to see another soon!

Glad you're glad! I hope to see another one too pretty soon...

4 hours ago, Infernum said:

I won't lie, when I logged on this morning and saw there was a new chapter I did a little happy dance. I freaking love your writing Mee and this story is definitely without a shadow of a doubt your magnum opus. Thank you for sharing your amazing writings with us! 

Commence the dance! I'm glad you like it, and in regards to my magnum opus, that's definitely a heavy title. Funny enough, I'm not sure yet if I'd consider this it. Maybe the temporary placeholder? Seeing as Sheltered has been something in the making for over two years now, I definitely think of this story as a reflection of my growth. It's not so much evident here, but in other places where I still have much older drafts in the beginning, it's sort of like a timeline for me. That said, I really do consider Sheltered one of my favorite long-term projects. Then again, if it were my project, I hope I'd like it to begin with. Thank you for reading, enjoying and commenting!

Joyce and Emily make a great couple.  Although there has been so much emotional conflict in the past few days for them. In laws.  Am I right?  LOL.

also can totally relate to Emily’s predicament.  Sometimes you wake up in a diaper mood and regret that you weren’t before going to bed.

Good morning to all. Thank you very much for answering Mr. Mee.

You are a crack and I totally agree with your opinion about your short story, "in the office" since I also consider it

One of the best stories on the web and I still don't understand how readers have not asked for a massive expansion.

Mysteries of life.

Feel free to do what you deem appropriate. With his talent and disposition he guarantees quality moments to the reader, so

Whatever you do, we will follow you carefully.

I share a feeling of grief that gave me the knowledge that you do not plan to make a continuation / expansion of that short in question, since

what he created there are the seeds with the greatest potential to create a masterpiece since GFOP (may he rest in peace) gave us his two works

literary several years ago.

Right now, the only writer who has the chance to create something eternal is you. I hope my feelings don't cause any pressure

and if this happens, send my opinion to the devil without mercy.

You are building a formidable reputation and you just let them know.

Take your time before publishing, as your stories are being followed by the community and expectations are increasingly high.

And I encourage you again, and I ask users to read this post to also encourage Mr. Mee to pay the seeds planted in that story

that we mention here. Whoever has not read it, look for it, since we are talking about a majestic work.

And thank you for leaving the door open to change your mind. That tells me that you are wiser than the average that is not to say little.

This Christmas I will ask the wise men to give you a disease that has you in bed for a week .... you already understand me grace

.... ^ _ ^

On 12/7/2019 at 12:22 PM, Sparkle Dust said:

Joyce and Emily make a great couple.  Although there has been so much emotional conflict in the past few days for them. In laws.  Am I right?  LOL.

also can totally relate to Emily’s predicament.  Sometimes you wake up in a diaper mood and regret that you weren’t before going to bed.

Yeah, outside forces are never an easy addition. 'Course, you might see some more pleasant outsiders down the line! And yeah, when ya get the spooks and know what it's like to wear a diaper, sometimes you can't help but make those connections.

On 12/8/2019 at 4:01 AM, Destruction6969 said:

This Christmas I will ask the wise men to give you a disease that has you in bed for a week .... you already understand me grace

Whoa, whoa, nobody's gettin' sick now. Getting the stomach bug once was plenty enough for me! I promise I can still write good stuff when I'm not sick!

On 12/8/2019 at 1:20 PM, littleTomás said:

Yeah! I knew that our little girl should have been put in diapers after watching a horror movie.

Well hang on now, let's not start assuming things here. Just because there's a nursery involved, it doesn't mean diapers will be too. There's just, well, uhm, a very very strong implication that there might be...

On 12/8/2019 at 1:36 PM, LilRedAli said:

For sure I 2nd that lol Diapers during/after a Horror movie should be a must lol 

See above. In all seriousness, we've come to find that Emily and horror are quite the terrible combination.

27 - Pancakes for Breakfast

The nursery was mostly untouched like it’d been during its debut, but that somewhat had to change out of necessity because of trying to hide all the things that could normally be laid out in the apartment. Most things fit in the closet, but not everything. Regardless, none of it obstructed the spot they needed to work in.

“Hop up on the changing table for me?” Normally she could lift the girl herself, but frankly she wasn’t setting out to make a point at the moment, nor was she trying to get covered in pee either. Perks to being an off-duty Mommy.

Emily looked at it and back to Joyce. “But isn’t it gonna get covered in...you know?”

“One, the cushion is plastic,” she paused to yawn. “And two, don’t you think it’d be a little silly to make a changing table that wasn’t designed to get pee on it?”

It didn’t take anything else to get her on the table.

Emily’s face grimaced a little when it touched the cool plastic. The room wasn’t cold, but the plastic sure was. 

“Just lay back and I’ll take care of the rest. I know,” she stroked Emily’s arm while she stood between her legs, “it was rough, right?”

She was about to play defense and make it seem not as bad as it was, considering how old she was, but after taking stock in what Joyce had always told her and where she lay right now, she had little reason to put up a front.

“Yes...” tearily, Emily nodded.

“Do you wanna talk about it at all?” There was the rumble of thunder again, making Emily visibly tense, though Joyce rubbed her thigh. “Maybe tell me what you were going through? It might help you feel better.” And give Joyce some insight on what had happened. Ultimately, the best she could do was piece together what she’d seen. One, her girlfriend in tears while she stood in wet pajamas. Two, a puddle of pee and her stuffed mochi partly sitting in it, and three, a piled up blanket on the top of the couch. Joyce took pride in getting a read on Emily, but she had her limits…

“...I woke up in the middle of the night because I had to pee...” No surprises there, considering what had happened.

“Mhm?” Joyce nodded, leaning out of view for just a second, coming back with a bundle of wet wipes.

“A-ahnd--!” Emily’s voice went a little haywire when the cold wipe touched her skin.

Joyce looked apologetic, but she didn’t stop wiping. “Sorry...worst part’s over?”

“A-and I knew I had to go, but that also meant having to leave the room...”

“Why’s that?”

“Why?” What did she mean why? “Because...because I wasn’t wearing a...you know.”

Joyce happened to glance at the stack of diapers bundled in a basket underneath the table.

“Well, I suppose,” Joyce laughed a tiny bit. “But I mean why didn’t you use the bathroom in our room?”

“Wh-what?”

“In our bedroom?” Joyce said it again. “We have one in there, you know?”

It was taking a lot not to crawl under a rock and die right then.

“I’m an idiot...” Emily defeatedly whimpered, looking straight up at the ceiling. Never once did she stop to consider what that other door aside from the closet and hallway entrance might be for. She was dealing with so much tunnel vision that the possibility of a second bathroom escaped her entirely.

“No, you’re not,” Joyce said quite firmly. “Now what happened next?”

“I was afraid to go into the hall because it was so dark, so I...” the next part was a little embarrassing to admit.

Joyce was happy to finish for her. “Did you take Pip with you in case?”

Emily was quiet, and even under the shroud of partial darkness Joyce could see the crimson shade on her cheeks. She nodded her head.

“So I started walking with him and then when I got near the living room I thought I saw someone sitting on the couch. I think it was that blanket you said… But when I saw it I really was scared. I really thought I was in danger; that everyone was in danger. I was gonna hurry back to the room and wake you up, but then, then the thunder happened. It was so loud and it caught me off guard. I didn’t know what it was at first, so I guess everything just caught up to me and...”

“It’s okay, Emily,” Joyce soothed. “Accidents happen.”

“Not to adults, they don’t...” she pouted. “I just wet myself over a movie!”

“Well, I definitely think your imagination got to you, but I don’t think that’s worth beating yourself up over… You know it yourself that you don’t do well with scary stuff. I wish you didn’t have to go through something like this, but I think it’s worth calling this a hard-taught lesson.” She lifted the girl’s legs, wiping underneath. Already she was starting to smell halfway decent again.

“I just wanted to do something nice for you and your dad...”

“And you did. But next time please put yourself first? At least for stuff like this?”

“...Okay...” It was no secret how heavily the girl was lamenting over her long list of blunders right then.

“Hey, youuu-houuu~” Joyce called for her attention, brushing a finger under her chin. “We’re a team, remember? I’m not going to judge you over something like this, Emily. I’m here for you at your best, your worst, and your most vulnerable. By the same token, I know you’re going to be there for me too.” All such wonderful words, but they really did seem to have the worst spots for these kinds of conversations. Now they were trying to stand like equals while one wiped the other’s bottom on a changing table.

“I know...” Thankfully Emily did smile some, even if it was only a little.

“Now, more importantly, why didn’t you wake me up when you needed to go to the bathroom from the start? I would’ve gone with you, you know?”

“I know you would have,” Emily said it a bit more gloomily. “I didn’t wake you up because I didn’t want to keep asking you for so much stuff. I know I can do that when you’re my...Mommy, but not when you’re my girlfriend.”

“Emily, you can always ask me for anything. I can’t imagine I ever would, but even if I thought you were asking too much of me, I’d say something. So please, I don’t ever want you to think that you can’t lean on me. After all, that’s how something like this can happen, right?” She referenced a used wet wipe as her point, then tossed it in the bin. “I think you should be clean enough for the night, though. How about we go get you some new pajamas then wipe the floor up real quick? After that I think it’ll be back to bed for us.”

Emily nodded again, truthfully glad to be clean again. Joyce leaned forward to help Emily slide forward, but unexpectedly, she stopped her.

“A-actually, there’s one more thing...” Emily said in a low voice.

“Uh-huh?”

“I...I know we said we wouldn’t, and that I didn’t want to either, not while your parents were here...but, with everything that’s happened, and because it’s at night...” she looked almost hesitant to ask. “Can...can I wear one tonight?”

“You mean a diaper?” Had she not been trying to suppress it, the surprise and shock welling inside of Joyce would’ve been clear as day.

Emily, looking quite bashful kept her words limited to another nod.

“...Are you looking for me to baby you tonight?” On any other night it’d have been an absolute yes without hesitation, but in light of recent events, Joyce was admittedly reluctant. Today had been about discovering she could push the envelope too far if she wasn’t careful. She wasn’t so crazy to throw herself back in a role Emily might be suffocated by...

“I...I just want to feel safe tonight.” It was the honest truth. There was something inexplicable about being in the security of both Joyce and the clothes she wore. In truth, a culmination of her experiences thus far as Joyce’s baby made for a better explanation than trying to think of any short-term explanation which could justify it. And call her a scaredy cat, but one of the advantages she could now see in a diaper was not having to leave the safe confines of a bed when there could be danger lying afoot.

“Emily, you’re always going to be safe with me. And...aren’t you worried I might go too far again?” Joyce looked pensive and uncertain. The simple fact of the matter was she being unable to trust herself. A repeat of the zoo was too terrifying to imagine.

“I really only had a problem with how things went in public… When we’re at home I don’t mind it so much.” Now Emily yawned, as the adrenaline had started to leave her. “We can talk about this stuff later, but can we please not tonight?”

“So you want to wear a diaper?” It was nice to hear it from Emily, and it did make her happy to know she was asking for it, but there was still that hint of unease Joyce couldn’t shake.

She couldn’t look Joyce in the eye. “Is...is that okay?”

A sigh came from her mouth, trying to psych herself out.

“Of course it is. I’ll spoil you tonight, but after that we really do need to talk about this, okay? I love doing these kinds of things, but I still want to know where we stand.”

“Okay...” Emily answered back. “I love you, Mommy...”

“I love you too,” and with a warm smile, Joyce leaned over near the table’s side again, pulling a puffy and thick pad from underneath.

“...I like the way they feel.” Emily started to speak for no reason, not that Joyce minded having to listen.

“Because of the padding?”

“Sort of… I guess it’s kind of like you said a while back. It reminds me I’m cared for.” And that was a security she was starving for right then. Joyce had proved to her that this monster didn’t exist, but that didn’t mean she felt totally safe. Anything could happen that would be equally if not more frightening. Knowing that she belonged to someone, it afforded her a security that wasn’t traditional to have as an adult. It meant there was something bigger than herself that guarded her from all that might do her harm. Joyce was her sun and Emily wanted nothing more than to bathe in its light.

“It’s because you are,” Joyce spoke as she slipped the diaper under Emily. “Don’t ever be afraid to be clingy with me, especially if you’re scared.” The power came next, raining down that same wonderful scent they’d been slowly acquainting themselves with for every recurring diaper change. “There’s that, and if things really do get scary again, you don’t have to worry about any more accidents,” She gave a toothy smile as she gently pat Emily’s padded crotch. “No more wet jammies, now.”

There was a relieving finality once Joyce stretched and pressed the tapes into place. The deal had been sealed and Emily could feel those knots in her muscles loosen themselves just a little more.

“Feel good?” Joyce traced a finger over Emily’s scalp, who was looking more relaxed by the second. The secondhand relief was beyond wonderful for Joyce, seeing as Emily had finally found her happy place again.

“Thank you...” Emily stirred a little on the table, leading to the plastic crinkling from both the table and her diaper. Maybe it had to do with sleep-intoxication, but the noise for once wasn’t totally unpleasant.

It was the second time she went to leave the changing table, but Joyce had stopped her and even buckled the strap over her. Of course she was confused, but Joyce spoke and acted first.

“I just want you to lay right there for a second, okay? I’ll only be a second.” Naturally that made Emily a little scared; being left alone.

“But why can’t I go? Can’t I come with you?”

Joyce brought herself around the table so she could easily get near Emily’s face. “You can really soon, but I just want to throw a towel on the floor before you come out, okay? I just finished cleaning you up, so Mommy wouldn’t be too happy if you got dirty again...” While Emily could have argued she was capable and would much rather be near Joyce, she tried her best to be brave, convincing herself she could last on her own for a single second if she could manage eighty-seven banana’s worth of time.

As Joyce walked past Emily’s vision she dragged her finger along the girl’s cheek.

With Emily behind her, Joyce could now fully turn her attention to the absolute strangeness she was looking at.

The hallway light was on.

It’d been off when they walked to the nursery, so it had no business being on right now. And if Joyce listened closely, there was something moving out there…

Quietly, she looked down on Emily again, somewhat swinging her legs. Cute to watch, but with all the fear-mongering she had caused herself, it made Joyce feel good to know that she stood between Emily and whatever was out in the hall.

Slowly, she leaned her head out, first seeing a shuffling shadow, then right after a figure slouched over and working close to the floor… It was a woman, but not a stranger. One Joyce knew awfully well.

It was another gradual move as Joyce took painstaking efforts to close the nursery door behind her without a sound. She’d do absolutely anything to keep this unnoticed and that was her exact intent.

Mom,” Joyce spoke in a hushed yet bothered voice.

Mary looked up from her spot, busy on her knees while she rubbed a towel around the floor. Right where Emily’s accident had happened… Pip was even sitting on his own towel.

Before she could get a single word in Joyce made a simple and commanding gesture to follow her. The woman stood up to follow, but Joyce then reached down for Pip as well. Might as well kill two birds with one stone...

The walk down the hall and past the living room was one of great mental exercise. This night had been troublesome enough and now her mom had been added to the mix? What was she even doing up this late? Joyce was ready to split hairs. She was expecting there to be something in the hallway, and it may have been scary, but she wasn’t expecting this kind of scary. Hell, she was wishing to have found a killer instead of her mother.

Mary did follow Joyce and the two were now in an illuminated kitchen.

“Do you have any idea what you’re doing?” Joyce was doing her best not to sound aggravated, otherwise she’d speak loud enough for Emily to hear. “What do you think you’re doing?”

“Well,” she started mechanically, as if her logic were going to save her, “the thunder woke me up...” Even then she was trying to sound justified. Maybe she was to some degree, but it being Mary that got involved, Joyce couldn’t help but classify it as her mother meddling in things that she had no business with!

“Yeah? And?”

“I heard someone in the hallway moving… I looked and saw something that needed to be cleaned...” Maybe now she was inadvertently realizing her own awkwardness, yet at the same time doubling down on her matronly duties. “I figured you two may have wanted a little extra help.”

It took great mental and emotional strength to not flip out. There was so many things wrong with this. The greatest offender being that her own mother had volunteered to clean up her girlfriend’s pee, maybe only second to anything even more embarrassing or incriminating she might know about.

But Joyce did not have the time nor energy for this. Taking care of Emily already had her working off of fumes. If she took too long Emily might start to get worried, God forbid if she stepped outside the nursery.

Joyce rubbed her eyes. “Listen, you cannot, and I mean cannot,” she could not stress it enough, “let Emily know in any way that you know about what happened tonight.”

“I would never tell her I knew!” Mary retorted. “Give me some credit, Joyce. And besides, it was just a small accident; I’d never make her feel bad about that...”

“You shouldn’t even know that she did that!” Joyce kept her screams to simply loud whispers. “She already had a tough enough time telling me what happened! That’s our business, so please keep out of it!”

“Well...” Really? Even now her mother could be this stubborn? “I just want to say that if you need help, let me know, okay?” She wanted to help, it was in her nature, but this was a private life she shouldn’t be let in on. But of course, the mother in her would always insist on it.

Joyce sighed, hopefully one last time for the night. “Please, go back to bed. Pretend this night never happened.”

“Alright, alright,” Mary finally relented. “Just make sure to scrub a few more times, okay? I wasn’t completely finished out there.”

“Go to bed.” Joyce said in a simple and tired voice. She’d had enough chaos for one night.

And while she was in the right area, Joyce opened a side door rarely ventured to in the kitchen, depositing the stuffed mochi into a washing machine.

Joyce made sure to watch her mom go back to her room, then waited just a little longer to make sure the door stayed shut, too. The worst part about their encounter is that it probably wasn’t over. Of course she’d be trying to ask Joyce more about it. The most she could hope for was that she only knew about the pee in the hall.

“Joyce?” Emily tried to do the impossible of leaning her head back further, but having to arch her back to do so was impossible when a strap had her buckled to the table. “Is that you?”

“No, it’s Mommy to you,” she responded with a kiss to the forehead. “Sorry about that,” she unbuckled the strap and helped Emily off the table.

“Are you okay?” Emily asked. “You look bothered...”

She wouldn’t have been surprised if the look showed on her face, but seeing Emily all cozy and content was plenty sobering enough. Thankfully her momentary annoyance was starting to fade.

“It’s nothing, I’m just tired. We’re gonna go back to bed in a few minutes. I just need to throw your pajamas in the washer.”

Emily’s hands were starting to look grabby.

“...Is it okay if I come with you?”

“Yes,” she pecked Emily on the cheek then grabbed her hand. “Let’s be quick, though. I’m ready to go back to sleep, and I definitely know you are too.”

The rain had really started to pour, and that was evident by the torrent of water cascading from the living room windows. Thankfully the thunder wasn’t so close now, as it turned into more of a distant grumble.

Joyce took the towel and pajamas that were laying on them to the wash with Emily in tow. She knew Emily was there the whole time because of not only the hand-holding, but the tell-tale crinkle as well. It was cute to hear, but a silent worry was praying her mom really did go back to bed.

Emily, meanwhile, although dealing with a spacer between her thighs and a slight waddle in her step, felt herself drifting closer to cloud nine. She was practically impenetrable at this point. With Joyce by her side and being strapped into an absorbent diaper, all the threats that had once attacked her were powerless now. She couldn’t help but lean into Joyce with a tired giggle.

“Okay, let’s wash our hands real quick.” After all, Emily had been holding the hand Joyce used to take off wet pajamas and wipe a wet bottom. That, and while Joyce didn’t know it, she’d been holding the hand Emily used to cup her crotch… Regardless, it’d all come out in the wash.

They made sure to turn off the lights as they left each room, finally shutting themselves off in the bedroom. Emily was given a new shirt, then the last and final step was to sleep.

“Feel good?” Joyce stroked her hair, they slipped under the covers.

“Yep.”

“Feel safe?” Then came another pat on the diaper’s crotch.

“Uh-huh,” Emily giggled at that.

“Feel loved?” And then, Joyce had pulled Emily close with her arms wrapped around her.

“Yes...” It was just like earlier while they slept, only Joyce had Emily’s head fully nuzzled between her head and chest, keeping her body nice and close.

Joyce lulled in a quiet whisper. “Goodnight, Emmy...”

“Goodnight...” Emily blinked more and more as her eyelids became heavy. She didn’t have any energy left to consider what scary things might be lurking outside the room. Not that they mattered, because right then she was encased in a fortress of love and affection.

It was a moan, groan and stretch that got the morning started for Joyce. That, and confusing herself as her breasts seemed to be pushing against something. Looking down, she held back a groggy laugh seeing a black head of hair. Apparently she’d pushed too hard, because now Emily was starting to stir.

Joyce whispered with a tinge of amusement, “Did I wake you up?”

“No...” Emily managed over a yawn, then squeezed something awfully sensitive with her hand.

“H-hey-AH!” Joyce half-shouted with a gasp as it blended into laughter. “I let you use them as a cushion, so don’t squeeze them!”

“Was just resting my eyes,” Emily slurrily spoke, still laying there mostly motionless.

“Should I let you sleep a little longer? I know you were awake a little longer than I was last night.”

Joyce could feel Emily’s arms lock around her torso.

“Sleep with me some more.”

“Just a few more minutes,” Joyce sufficied, soaking in the moment. “I gotta make everyone breakfast at some point.” Usually Frank and Mary were earlybirds, but Joyce wanted to wager jetlag might throw them off schedule. Especially her mother, considering what she was up to last night…

While she snuggled there with Emily, she turned her head back the other way to the windows, seeing the sky was still a dreary gray with a drizzle of water falling from above.

Emily was as happy as a clam, relishing in those few moments of uninterrupted peace. She shuffled her legs a little, hearing the slight crinkle from what she wore beneath. Funnily enough, she didn’t seem to mind it so much right now.

“Hm?” The sound came off as curious to Joyce, who did interrupt that uninterruptible moment through the squeeze of Emily’s padded crotch. While it was Emily’s sensitive spot that was being squeezed, she didn’t react as outwardly as Joyce did. She was still smiling, though her face was a redder shade of skin.

“When did you wet last night?” The front had felt fuller and the dampened noise itself sparked her intuition.

“I woke up again last night and I had to go...” And why waste a perfectly un-used diaper? Had she not fulfilled its exact purpose? “It wasn’t easy to pee laying on my side like this, you know...I was afraid I’d leak...” With the way it’d flowed around her body, she really was afraid of that, hence why she had to pace her wetting last night, letting it out bit by bit, giving the diaper a chance to keep up with her stream.

“Well, I’m glad you didn’t,” Joyce said while smelling Emily’s conditioned hair. “A baby that leaks two times in a single night is too much work for me…”

Emily’s voice stuttered over caution and gullibility. “R-really?”

“Of course not,” Joyce answered with a kiss. “Though, by that point if you hadn’t been afraid like last night, you definitely would have been sleeping in your crib. At least there the mattress is protected.”

“You put a cover on the mattress?”

“Of course I did. I like to think I can diaper you pretty well, but there’s no telling what that sneaky bladder of yours might be up to...” There was a lot of positive things to be said about Emily’s diaper habits; endless words of praise that Joyce, her doting Mommy could have used, but this didn’t feel entirely like the time for it… After all, last night and this morning were meant to be more of a pick-me-up than another session for the two.

Session. The corners of Joyce’s mouth sunk a little. In spite of trying to limit herself, she still didn’t like to consider this only momentary...

Emily snickered, then felt herself drifting onto a more somber note. “So once we get out of bed, is it back to normal?”

“I hope you meant to say ‘abnormal’,” Joyce corrected. “Isn’t it fair to say us switching on and off has been more of the norm lately?”

“True...” Emily mused.

“Just a little longer. But you’ve been enjoying yourself with them here, right? Has it been fun meeting them?”

“Yeah, it has. I like your parents. I’m glad they like me.”

“That makes me happy too.”

“What are we gonna do with the diaper though? What if they’re awake?” Opening the nursery at night was already an unexpected occurrence. Opening it during the day really was playing with fire.

“That’ll be fine. We can just use the trash bin in this bathroom,” in reference to the one connected to their room.

The sound of it made Emily furrow her brows, complaining, “I still can’t believe I forgot about the bathroom in here… None of this would have happened if I knew...”

“If you had the chance to do it over would you have preferred that?”

It was almost an outright ‘yes’, though as Emily laid there, laying all cozy next to Joyce and in a diaper, she was sort of on the fence.

“I’m not sure,” she concluded. After all, both outcomes had their own unique set of benefits, only the route Emily sent herself down held many more daunting obstacles…

Joyce, however, seeing more angles than just Emily’s, may have been silently in favor of Emily finding the toilet in the room… Not that she minded getting up for Emily and sorting her out, but what she did mind was a third member being part of last night’s ‘festivities’. Hopefully her mom really did forget about last night.

“Well, all we can do now is play where it lies,” Joyce said out loud, meaning both to herself and Emily, only on different levels of truthfulness. “But anyways, your few minutes are up, missy. Time to go play grown-up.”

“Bleah,” came Emily’s very not grown-up response.

Joyce merely smirked as she wrenched herself from Emily’s arms and got out of bed. It was always a little game in itself to see how much Emily could relinquish her adult-self each and every time they got into their roles like this. She couldn’t help but think back to that sock analogy she imagined nearly forever ago, seeing it stretch further and further with each go…

“Alrighty, let’s inspect the damages...” Joyce cooed as she dragged Emily by the feet to the edge of the bed.

“...I only wet it a little...” Emily didn’t like the sound of ‘damages’, because then she really did sound like she could do a number to her diaper…

There was that refreshing sound, the tearing of adhesives and even Joyce felt herself getting sentimental. The change wasn’t even over and she was already missing this. Then came the mixed smell of powder and pee; sort of like water and oil in the way that one was constantly trying to trump the other. There was no harmony in the scents, though they all led back to the same feelings. Feelings for a mother like Joyce.

“Little, huh?” Joyce spoke with personal amusement as she looked inside the diaper with a smile. Then there came a small detail she forgot to consider. Looking over at the bathroom then back to mid-diaper change Emily, she looked guilty, saying “I think I was so tired last night I didn’t think to bring any baby wipes back from your nursery...”

“Then, what does that mean?” Emily hadn’t considered the thought either, though, Joyce - Mommy, rather, would have suggested she needn’t bother thinking about cleanup to begin with. After all, her smile glowed a little, thinking back to how it fell right outside her responsibilities. Moments like this were starting to give her such a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Still, thinking on a much more adult note, she didn’t want to smell like pee… That mean old thought was plenty sobering enough to snap her out of her trance.

“Nothing to you,” Joyce ‘booped’ her on the nose with a finger. “Mommy, just likes to ramble, that’s all. That, and you might prefer how wipes feel over a washcloth...” She left Emily some time to stew over the aimless chatter while she left for the bathroom.

Emily watched the bathroom from her position, watching part of Joyce’s figure reflected in the mirror she could see through the door frame. Then, briefly taking stock in her own situation, Emily suddenly considered her position right then. Waiting for Mommy to finish getting what she needed to finish a change, specifically laying still with an un-taped and used diaper sitting between her legs.

“Welcome back,” Emily greeted with a giggle, laughing for no real reason other than being silly. She bounced her hands off the bed like foam drumsticks against a floor of rubber. Being a world of luxury, the mattress wasn’t as ordinary as spring-made.

“You have gone through so many towels in the past 24 hours, it’s unbelievable!” And to boot, in one hand was her washcloth and the other - wait for it, another towel.

Joyce maneuvered the towel underneath Emily, between her diaper and the bed, making sure she had some insurance in case if the washcloth got too drippy.

Used to the idea of wipes, Emily was bracing herself for the worst; an ice-cold encounter with the wipe-meister, but not this time. Instead, she was visited by his much more mellow cousin known as the warm washcloth, being equally as effective but so much more wonderful to the touch!

“I like it more when you use this instead of wipes,” Emily declared her opinion as if it were a God-given fact. “I think we should vote to use these instead of wipes from now on,” without letting a second go by, up went Emily’s hand, stretching for the ceiling. “All in favor for washcloths say ‘I’. ‘I’!” she answered herself. “Okay! Motion ca--”

“--Not carried,” Joyce butt her voice in and deftly pressed Emily’s voting hand down, all the while still wiping her down. The crude abruptness of it had her charge giggling all over. Never underestimate comedic and tactful timing. “Mommy’s vote is worth at least three times yours, and my vote is that wipes are much better for your bottom.” And cleanup. Have a heart, Emmy?

“But wipes are so cold!” Emily whined, practically shivering from the phantom pain right then.

“They might be a little chilly, but it’s better than diaper rash,” Joyce explained, pulling the diaper out from beneath her. “Besides, I know my brave little girl can handle a few measly wet wipes, right?” As if to sweeten the pot, Joyce paused to kiss her on the forehead.

Brave. The exact thing Emily hadn’t been feeling all night last night, yet when she heard it from Joyce, even under lighthearted circumstances, she still wanted to believe that even something as small as handling the finer parts of a diaper change spoke positively about her character… After all, if Joyce said it, why would Emily have to disagree?

“Maybe I can...” Emily spoke with a loose resolve as she turned her head to the side. A pat to her thigh brought back her attention though, signaling the change was over.

“See? I knew you were brave!” Her voice rang with such praise and enthusiasm, how couldn’t Emily feel such pride? “And now you’re gonna prove that you’re just as brave when you’re a big girl. Ready to get the day started?” She held out her hands, ready to whisk Emily back off to adulthood. She loved the chauffeur, but quite honestly felt herself dreading the destination…

“I don’t want to. I wanna keep cuddling.” She crossed her arms with that one.

“Come on, sweetie, just a little longer? Do it for me?” Ugh, Joyce knew her too well. Whether it was for Mommy or Joyce, there was always such a wonderfully emotional incentive involved if she moved along with things. Sometimes it could be quite stressful, thinking on it, but by the end, Emily could always say she was happy.

With a huff and a puff she dropped her hands into Joyce’s, being pulled upright and onto her feet. Looking down at herself, it almost struck as an afterthought that the only thing she was wearing was a shirt.

Joyce was balling the used diaper up. “I’ll take care of this then head out to the kitchen. Wanna dress up pretty for me before you come out?”

Emily swung her arms as she turned on her waist. It really was becoming easier to let herself go… “I want you to pick for me,” and to solidify her point, off came her shirt.

Had it been any other day under any other circumstances, Joyce would have been jumping for joy, hearing Emily wanted to be led along and have her decisions be made for her, like an absolute princess. But it wasn’t that other day and it wasn’t those other circumstances. Was she being punished? For yesterday? Now Emily was the one asking to be babied, and Joyce wanted more than anything to enable her, but…

Joyce took she and her bottled up emotions over to Emily, rubbing noses. “I want you to choose today, okay?” What she did do though is slip a hand behind Emily’s back, unhooking her bra. “I’ll get you started, but I need you to do this yourself today, alright?”

Emily looked nothing short of puzzled when Joyce stopped there, which was quite a surprise. She knew they had to slow their roll for today, but...did Joyce really just say ‘no’ to babying her? It wasn’t so much offense that Emily took, rather the shock. Of course, a somewhat bitter aftertaste was actually having to be a grown-up. Weird, thinking that somehow bothered her…

“Oh, uhm, alright...” Emily gave a weak laugh as she rubbed her head. It felt like she’d just come at Joyce on a totally different wavelength, hence why she was feeling strangely awkward right now.

The shift in her tone was obvious to Joyce, and it made her feel terrible. Just like that, she’d crushed the blooming feelings of infancy within Emily. All there was were now two adults standing strangely in a room.

Only a little longer. Just one more day… Joyce tried to tell herself that, but doing what she’d just done...it felt like betrayal. Encouraging Emily to let out those feelings and suddenly force them back in? She was going to be sick if she thought about it anymore.

“It’s only for today,” Joyce spoke with heavy resolve, holding Emily’s hands. “There’s nothing I want more right now than to spoil you like this, but I don’t want to baby you by accident in front of my parents.” Emily seemed to have an idea of switching her mental gears, but that was something Joyce wasn’t so great at. “I’m not so flexible like you are, so I can’t be getting any ideas. Do you understand what I mean?”

“I...” Emily started, but nodded her head. “Should I not have worn a diaper last night? For your sake?”

For their sake, Joyce would argue, considering her mother, but Joyce wasn’t going to answer in a way that made little sense to Emily. “No, I’m glad that you did,” she said with an honest smile. “I want you to find comfort in things like that. You’ve done absolutely nothing wrong. I won’t ever ask you to hide those feelings, but until my parents are gone and we’ve clarified some things between us, can we just be girlfriends?”

“Of course, that’s fine,” Emily answered with a hug, albeit naked while doing so. “But, in other words,” Emily cocked a cheeky grin, lowering herself to look up into Joyce, “are you saying I’m just too good at being your babygirl? Huh?”

Joyce took a small breath, watching the devious little thing play to all her strong-suits.

“Yes, that’s exactly what I’m saying,” and it was the absolute truth. Even now she was doing ‘it’, making herself seem so small and vulnerable; a ball of energy that needed someone to handle it. “Now, please get dressed before I put you in another diaper!” She spun the girl around then with both hands pushed her by the bottom towards the bed.

Joyce tossed the old one away and left Emily to her devices. Now she had to go to the kitchen and get started on breakfast. It wasn’t the crack of dawn, though it was still somewhat early. She was trying to think of what to make, suddenly thinking bacon thanks to the sizzling noise from the kitchen as well as the wafting scent of...bacon?

“Joyce! So glad you could join us for breakfast!” Frank welcomed her into the kitchen as she slowly walked herself in. Mary was there as well, enjoying a cup of coffee as she fiddled with the remote to the kitchen monitor.

“D-dad? Mom? What are you two doing up?” Apparently the jetlag didn’t bother them?

“Well, if I didn’t make breakfast, then who would?” Frank chatted while he worked with the pan - two, actually, one being the bacon she smelled thirty feet ago, and the other a freshly cooked pancake. “Now come on, don’t be a stranger, sit!” Frank beckoned to her like she was a guest in her own home.

Calmly, Joyce took the remote from her mom and pressed the power button she’d been looking for, bringing the screen to life.

“I was going to make us all breakfast, you know,” Joyce stood back up, figuring the least she could do was at least assist her dad. “I figured you guys might sleep in at least a little...”

“And miss the early bird lifestyle? Wouldn’t dream of it!” Frank laughed in his deep voice, swapping a pancake from the pan and onto the growing stack he had set on a plate. “Think you could pour some of that batter to get the next one started?” He motioned to the bowl he already had filled with batter.

“Mhm. Did you plan on using fruit as well? We have bananas.” Thanks to a little certain monkey…

“If you get the chance that’d work for a topper, yeah,” Frank then added to the stack of bacon. “You’re going to need more chocolate chips after this, by the way.”

“Thanks for the heads up,” otherwise she’d have to deal with a disappointed little girl when pancakes came around again… Snapping out of it, Joyce went back to work.

The pair fell into a rhythm and Joyce worked diligently as the sous-chef, feeling the years of practice under her father come back to her.

“Oh, Joyce?” her mom called from the table.

“Yeah?”

“I noticed you had a couple things in the wash so I moved them over to the dryer for you.”

She nearly dropped the plate of pancakes. “...Thanks.” Her tone came as quite reserved. Mary didn’t give so much of a reaction either, seeming defensive, almost. Frank had his back turned the whole time, working away. Though, that didn’t stop him from asking when a distressed-looking Joyce came back.

“What happened this time?”

“It’s nothing.” Her dad was a great guy; easygoing and understanding, but privacy mandated she didn’t rope anyone else into this. She was hoping this would all blow over by morning, yet her mom seemed to never stop being so invasive…

“Mornin’” Emily stretched her way into the kitchen, a lovely contrast to the woman Joyce was bothered by.

“Mornin’, Emms,” Frank said back in just as casual of a voice. “Sleep well?”

“Uhm, yeah...not so bad.” If only he knew. “But I’m surprised you guys are up. Are you not tired at all?”

“Whelp, Mary and I sort of wake up at around the same time,” he brought the plate of bacon over to the table, sitting down. “Jetlag doesn’t get to us so much anymore.”

“Well, that’s good,” Emily already had a plate of food; pancakes topped with sliced banana and bacon. It looked divine. She couldn’t speak too much on the whole “jetlag” thing, as she didn’t fly very often. Though, thinking on the trip from California to here, maybe it did leave her feeling a bit winded…

Back to the divine pancakes, the taste did quite live up to their name. “Mmm! These are really good!” Emily’s face lit up twice over, totally and utterly enthralled by the chef’s handiwork.

“Of course they are!” Frank laughed wit a hearty boom, “I made them!” Then he leaned over to Joyce in a loud whisper, “Now’s your chance, hon! Propose while she’s chewing!”

Joyce, who was in the middle of chewing coughed, almost choking on her food. Her cheeks started to turn a little red.

Emily at the same time looked a bit flustered, only she was choking down a laugh rather than embarrassment.

“D-dad!” Joyce finally managed after swallowing her food.

“What? Too soon?”

“It’s a mystery how Hannah survived around you...” Mary passively chided as she ate a strip of bacon.

Emily stumbled past a few giggles before saying, “Definitely too soon,” she paused to wipe her mouth. “We’re gonna need pancakes at least twice a week before I can consider anything like marriage.” The magic M-word had Joyce looking uncomfortable again, though Frank found it just as funny as his own remark.

“Well, it ain’t gonna be easy, but I suppose making my daughter happy is worth it. Joyce, I’m gonna need a lot more eggs,” he looked at his blushing daughter with a cheshire grin.

As the saying goes, Joyce couldn’t take the heat. “Alright, I think I ate enough,” she declared, standing up with her plate.

“I’m sorry, honey,” Frank apologized still with a few lingers of laugh, “I was just having a little fun.”

“It’s fine,” Joyce smiled back. “I just remembered a few extra things I needed to do for laundry anyways. You guys enjoy the rest of yours though.”

“Oh, I can help with that,” Mary volunteered, standing up herself.

“It’s fine, you don’t have to,” she insisted, hoping her mom would sit back down.

“Nonsense. Laundry goes faster in pairs, anyways.”

“Well...” could she really say ? “Alright, if you insist...”

On her way out of the kitchen, Joyce did give Emily’s shoulder a fleeting squeeze.

“Don’t worry, she’s safe with me!” Frank called as they left.

“~If you teach her one more idiom, it’s your head!” Seriously, one dad was enough. Thank goodness her mom didn’t rub off on people like that.

As if to call her bluff, Frank pulled as his head, trying to detach it from his neck. He looked at Emily with a smug look. “Still attached for me!”

They got to enjoy the sound of Emily’s laughs as they walked away.

Walking down the hall, Mary casually asked, “Have you scrubbed something on the floor yet? It’ll make sure the floor doesn’t smell.”

Wide-eyed, Joyce momentarily stopped to look at her mom. Did she just…?

“What?” Mary looked a little surprised as well, “You didn’t know it would?”

Joyce kept walking. This was why she didn’t want her mom helping. She knew. She knew this would happen the second they were alone together. Even when she said she’d do something, five seconds later when your back was turned she’d be back to doing the same exact thing you told her not to!

They walked into the bedroom, though Joyce waited near the door so she could close it once her mom walked in.

“Joyce? Is everything alright?”

“No, it isn’t.” This needed to stop. Now. “Mom, I love you, but you really need to mind your own business.” She was hoping her point had been made last night, but apparently not.

“About what? I was just suggesting that you clean the floor...”

“You know about what!” Did she really have to act so ignorant? She knew exactly what she was poking at! “Are you going to tell me you suggested that I clean my floor for no reason whatsoever? Just because it came to mind?” She was just about ready to tap her foot, already setting her hands on her hips.

“Well...we both have an idea why...”

“This is what I mean, Mom!” Joyce frustratingly cried. “It’s one thing if you’re going to be a mom to me when I was a kid, but I can’t have you trying to mother Emily too, not when she’s her own person!”

“Joyce, I’m a mother. I can’t help it if I act like one, even to your girlfriend.”

“Yes, you can,” Joyce retorted plainly, hoping the disbelief in her mother’s defense might come of her face.

“Joyce, I’m not going to judge Emily for wetting the be--”

“She doesn’t wet the bed!” It was all secondhand annoyance and embarrassment. She was slowly watching her mom fall into her own delusions about Emily and she was powerless to stop it.

“Well, nighttime accidents, then,” Mary corrected herself.

“She...she doesn’t do that either,” Joyce fired back. It was still the morning and she was already feeling so drained. “She doesn’t do any of that.”

“But what about at the zoo? When she had to run to the bathroom? You two were gone an awful while… Did something happen?”

The look on Joyce’s face was incredulous. She could remember the conversation with her mom, implying something else might have happened.

It was a trap.

Did she lie about Emily needing the bathroom and possibly having an accident, only making her mom think worse of Emily’s bladder habits, or admit what actually happened and talk about their relationship strain?

“You don’t have any right to ask about that,” Joyce chose for neither, dodging it completely.

“I’m just a concerned mother, that’s all Joyce. I like to be aware of what happens around me.”

A control freak sounded like a better description, but she wasn’t having this conversation to sour their relationship. “I really don’t want to be talking about this with you. I would really prefer you didn’t talk about it either. I don’t want you to mention it, think about it, or do anything even related to it!”

“I just want to make sure it’s being handled properly, okay? Even if you’re an adult, I still worry about you kids, and by extension your partners, too.”

And that was her card; the ‘I’m concerned for you’ one. She probably meant it, but it was such a bitter pill to swallow when that familial awkwardness encroached on newcomers into the family. They shouldn’t have to deal with such an oppressive woman.

“You can worry about me, but not Emily. That’s between her and me. Can’t you understand that she doesn’t want anyone to know about it? I don’t want anyone to know about it!”

“Joyce, I’m not going to tell anyone about it. Remember when you used to wet the bed? I never told anyone about that--”

“And stop including yourself!” Now Joyce was looking aggravated. Her mom could be annoying, but she’d never argued with her mother over something like this. The difference now was that it wasn’t Joyce being attacked, but her partner. She’d be damned if anyone tried to bring harm to her.

“Does she wear protection?”

“D-does she wear…?” Joyce in pure disbelief stared at her mother. Was she not listening, or did she just decide to reach her conclusions on her own? “N-no! She doesn’t because she doesn’t need any! There’s nothing to protect herself from!”

“So this doesn’t happen often?”

“Yes!” Finally, progress! Wait, ‘often’ ? “Wait - no! Not often because not at all!”

“Do you know why it happened last night then? Does she get stressed often?”

“No, it’s becau-” Joyce stopped herself, so excited to end the conversation that she nearly played right into her mom’s hands. “No. No, we’re not having this conversation. We’re done talking. You’re done talking.”

Mary was quiet and Joyce was a little too relieved to embrace the silence. “...All I want to do is help, sweetie.”

And this was the furthest thing from help. She always struggled to fathom why her mom wanted to know things, to be in control. In the times people did need her, she went above and beyond; she thrived. But in the times that you didn’t, she could become the most overbearing thing in the world. At the end of the day, she was Joyce’s mom, so there was always going to be a soft spot for her, but Joyce needed her butt out… Even when she didn’t want to tell her mom things, inadvertently she always did, and when it wasn’t her secret to tell that made it so much worse.

It was a joint secret. A secret Emily committed and a secret Emily confided in Joyce with respect to. She never got to walk away from her mom unscathed, all because she wanted to know things. Why did she have to be so difficult?

“Mom, please, you’ve done enough. You can help me with this stuff, but after that can we please forget about it? You’re my mom, I get that, but I’m allowed to have personal matters, and so is Emily.”

“Joyce, honey… I don’t mean to invade your privacy. I just want to help...”

“Please, can we just go back to cleaning up? I’ll let you do that, but I don’t want to talk about this anymore. I...” should she even be saying this? Maybe that was the trick though, give a little and get a little. “Last night, Emily woke me up, in tears and…” please, please let this gamble be worth it, “wet pajamas. She was scared to even tell me about what happened, but she did because she knows she can trust me. I know you can be trusted, mom, but it’s not my choice to tell you Emily’s secret.”

Mary stood from the bed and walked over to Joyce, hugging her. “Thank you for telling me. I promise I won’t talk to Emily about it. As long as I know that you and Emily are okay, that’s more than enough for me. So in exchange, can you let me show you a few tricks?”

There was a strange feeling welling up inside of Joyce. One she’d never felt with her mother. It was a good feeling, as if she’d just climbed a mountain with her bare hands and endured every struggle and strife that’d come tumbling her way. Was this...victory? Had she finally won over her mom? She was practically jumping for joy, and saw it not only as a win for herself, but Emily too. Now they could put this past themselves.

“What tricks?”

“A few ways to clean up after...erm, accidents.” Again, back to touchy subject-matter, but Joyce reminded herself of best intentions. “Now I’m not asking this to be nosey, but did any get on the carpet? In here?”

“...A little, I think...”

“That’s okay. I can show you the best way to clean the carpet so nothing stains or smells. I remember when your brother John was younger - oh, poor thing… It was a little rough getting him past the potty training stage...”

“Mom? Back on topic, please?”

“Sorry about that. I tend to reminisce a little… Anyways, you have a bathroom in here, right? Do you have any soap in there? We can start with that.”

“Uh, are you positive it’s going to be okay?” Joyce sounded a bit weird. “I don’t want to sound, well, silly, but is it going to leave a mark on the carpet?” She hated to speak like that. It made her sound stupidly rich, mainly because the carpets were too. This material wasn’t exactly cheap… It wasn’t Emily’s fault she dripped on it, but now all Joyce could hope for was proper cleanup. And of course, keeping it all discreet was top priority.

“Our carpets at home were spotless, so yours should be fine too. What, think you’re too rich for home remedies?” She laughed off Joyce’s silence before she could answer back. “Let me go check your bathroom.”

Mary disappeared in the bathroom, and while Joyce walked over to the side of the bed, tracing her eyes across the floor, the door to the hall opened.

“Oh, Emily, did you finish eating already?”

“Yeah, I just finished. I kinda got some syrup on my shirt though...” she said in a mulling voice, looking down at the tiny splotch. “I figured I should change my shirt. Where’s your mom?”

“Oh, she’s right…” her voice faded to silence as she looked at the bathroom and Emily stared silently in the same direction too.

Mary was standing right there, only she was carrying something with her.

In her hand, firmly gripped around the stretchy waistline of it, leading into the soggy, padded and childishly patterned crotch and waist hung a wet and used diaper, sized perfectly for one of the three women in the room.

A wave of heat washed over Emily, and Joyce’s heart just about nearly stopped.

Game over.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

God I hate her mom. Her mom reminds me of my mom and I love my mom, but she can be a bit much at times. Like sometimes I just want to tell her to mind her own business and forget about it. I guess now's the time when Emily and Joyce get to make up a story that her mom will buy and will get her to back off.

Oh noes what are we supposed to do in the game over failure case? Hmm *reads her nes manual for her thingy" Supposed to hit reset so we can load the game back up and continuing from my last save to see if we can solve the storythingy games....*presses da reset button* POOF!

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Sarah Penguin said:

Oh noes what are we supposed to do in the game over failure case? Hmm *reads her nes manual for her thingy" Supposed to hit reset so we can load the game back up and continuing from my last save to see if we can solve the storythingy games....*presses da reset button* POOF!

Google Assistant: Game mode set to hardcore, no saves or restarts allowed. *Fades into Black Mirror style abyss of nothingness*

Someone didn't have nappy bags as well as wipes. Not that it would've mattered with ol' Snoopy here. Still, her asking about protection was unusual... suggests an overt interest. Kinda like a grandmother providing advice to a new mother :)

8 hours ago, littleTomás said:

God I hate her mom. Her mom reminds me of my mom and I love my mom, but she can be a bit much at times. Like sometimes I just want to tell her to mind her own business and forget about it. I guess now's the time when Emily and Joyce get to make up a story that her mom will buy and will get her to back off.

I wouldn't dog-pile Mary too much. After all, she does mean well? That said, it can get annoying when someone sticks their nose in your business, even if they are family. Nevertheless, embarrassment is going to ensue. In the end, just remember moms mean well! And as for a story to throw her off, it'd take some real creativity to get themselves out unscathed.

7 hours ago, Sarah Penguin said:

Yeah, but then dust gets in the cartridge so you gotta blow on it. Saves corrupted; go figure. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7 hours ago, littleTomás said:

Google Assistant: Game mode set to hardcore, no saves or restarts allowed. *Fades into Black Mirror style abyss of nothingness*

Aww yeah, we're aiming for that bonus achievement.

2 hours ago, Infernum said:

The jigg is up, better tell the truth or she's going to be butting in even more with questions nobody wants to answer! 

Hmm, do they need to tell all the truth, or say something close to it, but not exact? Is it better to amputate or scrap the subject altogether?

1 hour ago, Sparkle Dust said:

If the mom says that the diapers are “not normal” I am going to flip!  

Ooooh, I suspect people are on the verge of not liking Mary, haha. Whelp, we'll just need to wait and see...!

29 minutes ago, D503 said:

Someone didn't have nappy bags as well as wipes. Not that it would've mattered with ol' Snoopy here. Still, her asking about protection was unusual... suggests an overt interest. Kinda like a grandmother providing advice to a new mother :)

Yeah, Mary tends not to beat around the bush so much. That said reflecting on everything she's seen with Emily, going as far back as to when she overheard Joyce and Emily on the phone, she's been given a lot of reason to soften her perspective on Emily. In a few ways she already speaks about her needing to be looked out for and has already caught her in a few embarrassing moments. (Flashing her panties, finding Pip, seeing her sleep in the car, getting dirty in the petting zoo, ordering a kid-themed meal, etc.), and need I mention what she saw last night... Anyways, the point is that maybe Mary is starting to assume more of a grandmother-y role...

• Like 1

This story needs a vampire attack on the tower where they all have to work together using all their different skills to stake !Dracula so they can learn to trust each other in a stressful situation.  So cuing up the super obvious vampire attack by da Mees in 3 2 1...

24 minutes ago, Sarah Penguin said:

This story needs a vampire attack on the tower where they all have to work together using all their different skills to stake !Dracula so they can learn to trust each other in a stressful situation.  So cuing up the super obvious vampire attack by da Mees in 3 2 1...

I think you mean Beverly Dracula.  LOL.  

Beverly Dracula: “(She sniffs a sugar pack).  I’m kid friendly here!  Also, you don’t know when my clan is going to attack.”  (Sniffs again).  “Achoo!  So is this site one of Silly Minx’s fantasy dungeon?  Makes sense because she gets bored easily with her victims once she Fools with them.”

59 minutes ago, Sparkle Dust said:

I think you mean Beverly Dracula.  LOL.  

Beverly Dracula: “(She sniffs a sugar pack).  I’m kid friendly here!  Also, you don’t know when my clan is going to attack.”  (Sniffs again).  “Achoo!  So is this site one of Silly Minx’s fantasy dungeon?  Makes sense because she gets bored easily with her victims once she Fools with them.”

*implodes from maximum silliness sparkle powers* :)

42 minutes ago, Sarah Penguin said:

*implodes from maximum silliness sparkle powers* :)

I’m taking in the explosion full force and leaking from all the joy!!  

Just pweeeease don’t actually stab Bev with a stake.  She’s very naughty, but tries to be a good girl!  Also, funny story but you two are actually the same physical age.  But trust me, me her wacky immature mentality of a reckless teenager will land her at swaddled immobile infant status where she’ll get occasionally pokes with a stick.  LOL.

Just spark her with your penguin flippers if she tries to snort anything.  She’s trying to sober up.  (FYI.  Sorry to anybody whom my character may offend.  Also, swrry Mee for fooling around in your story, but to be fair (points) Sarah Penguin started it.  But I’m willing to share in the punishment.  LOL).  (Wink).  

• Mee changed the title to Sheltered [12/03/2023] CH46+47 [Important Subscribestar Update]