LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Is AB play similar to disability play.

I'm a DL and like medical play, i.e pretending to be disabled. I know there isn't much cross over between AB play and disability play. Do people have objections with people acting disabled (maybe as a form of BIID) if its not impacting other people. Do you think AB play and disability play are on the same spectrum. I include incontinence play into the disability aspect.

If you can think of it, people are indulging in it as we speak. There’s lots of crossovers with both, and endless variations. If you play at being disabled/bedridden, then diapers are a natural. Enemas, and diapers, medical play, Bondage, and diapers, and on...

No, it is not morbid

Technically babies are not disabled, they are not yet abled.  When you have a disability, it usually (but not always) means you had the ability and then lost it somehow due to disease progression or accident that disabled you.  True, some people were born with a disability and never had the ability to walk, hear, see or do some things.  I would reason that with a small percentage of exceptions overall, a normal baby will eventually grow up to have the same abilities most people have.  Therefore until their bodies mature enough to the point where they begin to walk, talk, feed themselves and do regular everyday things, they are not DIS-abled, they are not yet able to do things that they eventually will be able to do baring any birth defect or medical problems.  You could even say that a baby with a birth defect is not disabled because they never had that ability and never will have it.  They may have a disability, but that doesn't mean they are disabled.  Yeah, we are talking semantics here and picking the fly shit out of the pepper, but it was something that just came to my mind. 

Yes, but people who wish to lose some ability that they had (regressive or tramatic incontinence) is right in line with the BIID diagnosis.   Wanting to be treated like a baby, wanting to be shamed in diapers, etc... are in other axes of behavior.

Actually, here is the difference: Role playing as an adult baby is a type of paraphilia, which means taking objects that are associated with being a baby and sexualizing them. In other words, being turned on by things like diapers, pacifiers, and baby clothes. Role playing a disability is a state-of-mind thing and not necessarily a paraphilia because you are associating actions (or lack of ability) and role playing that scenario which does not necessarily involve objects that turn you on sexually. It is only a slight difference, but a difference nonetheless. (I majored in psychology back in the late Seventies).

You're limiting your scope of AB behavior to that which fits as a paraphilila.    That's only a portion of the ABDL "spectrum."    I'm not one who buys into that everything has a sexual basis.   And yes some disability play goes to the level of sexual behavior as well.

By your narrow scope, you'd define all gender issues as sexual and that's certainly not the case as well.

People with BIID can have a sexual interest with being an amputee/disabled, others not so much. Same thing with AB's. Some find it sexual and some don't. 

I have a interest in disability play and its not sexual, my play time just revolves around being hopeless and needing support with nappy changing. 

• Like 1

Is AB play similar to disability play?

Uh no. If we assumed that then every child in America would be like ya know, Disabled but like ya know children grow up normally(we can only hope). So the answer is flat out no. ABies want to BE the child(Am I wording that right?), not be the child in a wheelchair making strange noises and gesters because they have a hard time communicating/walking

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a DL  and I.love role playing being very disabled. Non verbal spastic quadriplegic that can do nothing except make noises. I wear nappies and have to be looked after in every way. I have to be fed and given drinks in a cup with a lid. 

My boyfriend loves it and we have lots of fun. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, paragirl123 said:

I'm a DL  and I.love role playing being very disabled. Non verbal spastic quadriplegic that can do nothing except make noises. I wear nappies and have to be looked after in every way. I have to be fed and given drinks in a cup with a lid. 

My boyfriend loves it and we have lots of fun. 

An ex and I used to do similar games, one time she faked having a seizure without telling me she was going to do so, I nearly called 999 she was that convincing, when she said she was just joking it was such a relief lol. 

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 10:34 PM, paragirl123 said:

Omg yes I've been trying to have a fake seizure too but I can't quite manage to make it convincing enough!  

Perhaps try being restrained, you kinda have something to work against, if that makes sense?.   Dribbling and wetting at the same time is amazing to see as well lol,,,

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2018 at 2:13 AM, BabyJune said:

Actually, here is the difference: Role playing as an adult baby is a type of paraphilia, which means taking objects that are associated with being a baby and sexualizing them. In other words, being turned on by things like diapers, pacifiers, and baby clothes. Role playing a disability is a state-of-mind thing and not necessarily a paraphilia because you are associating actions (or lack of ability) and role playing that scenario which does not necessarily involve objects that turn you on sexually. It is only a slight difference, but a difference nonetheless. (I majored in psychology back in the late Seventies).

One of the big failures of psychology for ABDLs is classifying it as a paraphilia. It quite plainly is not. It is a sub-identity brought about by 'sticking points' as preschoolers.  How can a 5yo who wants all the things ABDLs want be called sexual behaviour?  We have TBDL but we should really have PTBDL as well (preteen)

On 1/19/2019 at 8:57 PM, Pete671 said:

Perhaps try being restrained, you kinda have something to work against, if that makes sense?.   Dribbling and wetting at the same time is amazing to see as well lol,,,

I knew a student in my high school and his little sister had a seizure disorder. He told me she could make herself have one to get out of doing something and no one believes him. I don't know if that is possible and if that was his perception of her. I asked how she did it and he said he didn't know and she can just make herself have one. 

6 minutes ago, rosalie.bent said:

One of the big failures of psychology for ABDLs is classifying it as a paraphilia. It quite plainly is not. It is a sub-identity brought about by 'sticking points' as preschoolers.  How can a 5yo who wants all the things ABDLs want be called sexual behaviour?  We have TBDL but we should really have PTBDL as well (preteen)

It's classified as one because of what goes on in it. Like ABDL is all about humiliation and domination. It is not about regression and being the baby, it's about being humiliated and forced and having no control. This is something a minor doesn't pick up on when they get into regression and like diapers. Then a minor learns the term ABDL and has no idea what it is about. I didn't know what it was about until I was in my 20's. Of course not every person is into this but yet they are still into diapers and being taken care of and are into cute things. 

Then there is ageplay and I don't understand what is so sexual about it. I notice it overlaps with ABDL and being a little and it overlaps being child like. 

1 hour ago, Nat said:

I knew a student in my high school and his little sister had a seizure disorder. He told me she could make herself have one to get out of doing something and no one believes him. I don't know if that is possible and if that was his perception of her. I asked how she did it and he said he didn't know and she can just make herself have one. 

It's classified as one because of what goes on in it. Like ABDL is all about humiliation and domination. It is not about regression and being the baby, it's about being humiliated and forced and having no control. This is something a minor doesn't pick up on when they get into regression and like diapers. Then a minor learns the term ABDL and has no idea what it is about. I didn't know what it was about until I was in my 20's. Of course not every person is into this but yet they are still into diapers and being taken care of and are into cute things. 

Then there is ageplay and I don't understand what is so sexual about it. I notice it overlaps with ABDL and being a little and it overlaps being child like. 

ABDL is absolutely NOT a paraphilia. it is not all about 'humiliation and domination'. IN fact that has little to nothing to do with it at all.

ABDL is a psychological regression to the infant/toddler state. it varies in strength from person to person, but it is still a regressive behaviour.

9 minutes ago, rosalie.bent said:

ABDL is absolutely NOT a paraphilia. it is not all about 'humiliation and domination'. IN fact that has little to nothing to do with it at all.

ABDL is a psychological regression to the infant/toddler state. it varies in strength from person to person, but it is still a regressive behaviour.

Yeah no.

ABDL is NOT psychological regression to infant/toddler state - that only belongs to AB - and some AB's might not even consider themselves 'regressive"

for DL's it is a SEXUAL attraction towards diapers - aka paraphilia 

and as someone who is all about humiliation and domination - it can totally be associated with ABDL.

ABDL is not just 'back and white' there are many grey areas when it comes to it. 

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, mamabug said:

Yeah no.

ABDL is NOT psychological regression to infant/toddler state - that only belongs to AB - and some AB's might not even consider themselves 'regressive"

for DL's it is a SEXUAL attraction towards diapers - aka paraphilia 

and as someone who is all about humiliation and domination - it can totally be associated with ABDL.

ABDL is not just 'back and white' there are many grey areas when it comes to it. 

I'm gonna agree with @mamabug here. Rosalie, what are you basing your claims off of? Personal experience? Hard scientific evidence? You're already incorrect by throwing ABDL all into one classification. That is wrong, and there are indeed many, many grey areas with the lifestyle. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Dr_J said:

I'm gonna agree with @mamabug here. Rosalie, what are you basing your claims off of? Personal experience? Hard scientific evidence? You're already incorrect by throwing ABDL all into one classification. That is wrong, and there are indeed many, many grey areas with the lifestyle. 

I haven't been involved with it for very long, but i'm finding that to be so as well.

19 minutes ago, Dr_J said:

Well I have actually done a LOT of research and have also built a model of 'diaper attraction' which involves the three primary drivers: fetish, role-play and regression. I stand by this model as it fits the vast majority of people. it allows for fully sexual diaper expression as well as fully non-sexual expression.

It is the 'Trinary model of Diaper Attraction' and involves these three elements in various degrees according to the person. 

trinary_simple.jpg

5 minutes ago, rosalie.bent said:

Well I have actually done a LOT of research and have also built a model of 'diaper attraction' which involves the three primary drivers: fetish, role-play and regression. I stand by this model as it fits the vast majority of people. it allows for fully sexual diaper expression as well as fully non-sexual expression.

It is the 'Trinary model of Diaper Attraction' and involves these three elements in various degrees according to the person. 

But just a little bit ago you just said that ABDL is psychological regression and is not paraphilia? So one moment that's all it is and the next moment you agree there is a sexual expression to ABDL?

Unless you don't know what the definition of paraphilia is! My bad! Here is the definition of it: a condition characterized by abnormal sexual desires, typically involving extreme or dangerous activities.

If you dig deeper it explains it is also the sexual attraction to objects - which in our case would be diapers.

5 minutes ago, mamabug said:

But just a little bit ago you just said that ABDL is psychological regression and is not paraphilia? So one moment that's all it is and the next moment you agree there is a sexual expression to ABDL?

Unless you don't know what the definition of paraphilia is! My bad! Here is the definition of it: a condition characterized by abnormal sexual desires, typically involving extreme or dangerous activities.

If you dig deeper it explains it is also the sexual attraction to objects - which in our case would be diapers.

I rather obviously did not choose to respond with a detailed description of the model. I maintain that AB/DL/RP is NOT a paraphilia which is why it has been so hoplessy treated and discussed in the past.

Our attraction to diapers is largely as ATTACHMENT OBJECTS, not purely sexual objects. For a few that may be true and that is why my model permits greata variation on the mix of drivers for wearing diapers.