LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Nursery / Playroom Completion

gee baby

Just finished setting up a nursery/playroom combo room.  Wondered where to post pics of our our little one rooms, didn’t find anything so posted here.

Used to be my workout room, put in crib to “share” room and it just took over the room.  Could not stop it, so back to gym membership and double room is now exclusively for AB.  

Oh well, the sacrifices we must make for our little selves.

4879AA7D-0335-4A46-A526-E665CB5EAC64.jpeg

CF1375BE-FF5E-408E-B3FF-D7ABAACEA928.jpeg

• Like 10
38 minutes ago, AbabeBill said:

That’s great! I love it. Wish I could do one myself. Well, maybe one day I will. 

Its quite a room, and I think outfitted very well, I’m jealous! Enjoy it. 

Thanks AbaneBil, I wanted to do this for years, just finally got the gumption to do it and proclaim my AB ways.  I didn’t really plan to let it get so far, but the AB crib opened the dam.

2 hours ago, gee baby said:

Just finished setting up a nursery/playroom combo room.  Wondered where to post pics of our our little one rooms, didn’t find anything so posted here.

Used to be my workout room, put in crib to “share” room and it just took over the room.  Could not stop it, so back to gym membership and double room is now exclusively for AB.  

Oh well, the sacrifices we must make for our little selves.

4879AA7D-0335-4A46-A526-E665CB5EAC64.jpeg

CF1375BE-FF5E-408E-B3FF-D7ABAACEA928.jpeg

You can  put them in your About Me, the "Photos" subforum down in the bowels of the forum select page in "Private Forums", like "University of PEE-Nix" or create an album for them using the "Album" link in your profile page. See one of mine to get the idea. I plan to do that with bedroom nursery. They could stand to be downsized a bit, to about 3/4 or half their size. Only a montage image should be that big

nursery.jpg

Actually you could break that up into an album of about 8 images. You could combine those two images, then shrink them down into a reasonable coverimage. if you have a fully functinal IrfanVies. If not I can grab them and do it

Very few persons had a dedicated baby nursery, that was something for the rich folks who had all the room in the world. In the average 1950's era home, one of the bedrooms did double duty and the baby was changed on the bed then put in the crib

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Little Christine said:

Very few persons had a dedicated baby nursery, that was something for the rich folks who had all the room in the world. In the average 1950's era home, one of the bedrooms did double duty and the baby was changed on the bed then put in the crib

Thanks for album info.  I am definitely not rich, only three bedroom house.  Two bedrooms were too small for workout equipment, so I had contractor tear down walls, put in led lights, etc.  

For years it served well for exercise equipment, but priorities change.  So double room became AB nursery because that became the priority.  But definitely not due to being rich.  Just matters how important it is to you.

When I said "a bedroom did double duty" I was talking about for REAL infants. I rmember being in a crib in one of the bedrooms upstairs after being put in a clean diaper and rubber panties (I could be clever and finish the sentence with "when I was 13") :)

6 minutes ago, Little Christine said:

When I said "a bedroom did double duty" I was talking about for REAL infants. I rmember being in a crib in one of the bedrooms upstairs after being put in a clean diaper and rubber panties

Sorry, misunderstood.  But now confused as to original posting relevance, but I am pretty darn stupid, so that is not surprising!

13 minutes ago, gee baby said:

Sorry, misunderstood.  But now confused as to original posting relevance, but I am pretty darn stupid, so that is not surprising!

The relevance is that I see so many separate nurseries in middle-class houses and many AB's set aside whole rooms for that when in reality in the 1946-65 timeframe thise were not the case unless it was a first or only child and the nursery would be used for the bedroom later and the baby furniture, usually a crib and a few other things, folded up and put away and even that was not always the case, the baby may have slept in the parents' room with the diaper pail in the bathroom or next to the hamper in the cellar, the diaerps and panties in a drawer along with the changing things and the baby changed on the bed,. I was diapered in the downstairs bedroom then taken upstairs and put in the crib

I would not know if you are dumb or just did not pay attention to those kinds of things. it is something a girl would notice or one interested in such things at the time

7 minutes ago, Little Christine said:

The relevance is that I see so many separate nurseries in middle-class houses and many AB's set aside whole rooms for that when in reality in the 1946-65 timeframe thise were not the case 

Sometimes it takes a bit for the light to flicker on in the old noggin, but I got it.  Very good point.

But historic or not, wouldn’t AB’s not want to wake in a crib in a room dedicated to AB and not shared for other purposes?  I mean, I love the crib because I wake in typical adult mood, but crib puts me quickly into baby mood.  Looking out of crib and observing exercise equipment just put me in wrong mood.  It is just me, but I prefer an entire room to assist me to stay in my baby mood.  

Yes, That is one difference between AB and real baby. I just find it interesting as a historian, although it would have been true of a goodly number of only children

Mine is primarily a Very Little Girl's, age 4 - 7, room. and she might be in a bed with crib sides if her parents felt that was a good idea. I knew a person who told me that he slept in his crib at 5 years of age

Mine is pink and silver-white, will have gold drapes. The trim themes are scallop shell, heart, flower, star and tiara. The furntature is white. My dollies are left out on the bed, and you can see my night light in this thread and on my dresser is a Fairy magic picture frame The picture in which changes and it plays soft little girl music. Many of the pictures in my Dollhouse (About Me) were taken in the Nursery, which is also a bedroom and little girl playroom (For many little girls, the bedroom was also her playroom and looked really dreamy, Boys bedrooms are and always were very plain with no real personality)

2 hours ago, Little Christine said:

Mine is pink and silver-white, will have gold drapes. The trim themes are scallop shell, heart, flower, star and tiara. The furntature is white. My dollies are left out on the bed, and you can see my night light in this thread and on my dresser is a Fairy magic picture frame The picture in which changes and it plays soft little girl music. Many of the pictures in my Dollhouse (About Me) were taken in the Nursery, which is also a bedroom and little girl playroom (For many little girls, the bedroom was also her playroom and looked really dreamy, Boys bedrooms are and always were very plain with no real personality)

Looks  lovely Indeed Christine   :73_EmoticonsHDcom: i should also ad  quite interesting reg  youre  reply on how things were  back in youre  time as a young one (both in this thread and others  )     (nodding head  )  as i always say  youre NEVER to old  to learn   new things   ? 

Well, you kind of do get too old to "learn" in the sense of school. But you trade it for a more efficientl less "brute force" ability. Let us look at algebra. What may take a 15 year old ten tries at different example problems may only require half that for a 28 year old

This is because the child to young adult has to build up her database of facts, which have to be stored either in memory or some external storage (books digital files, etc). You cannot reason to facts, they are the things that you process with reason "Factual premises and valid reasoning yield true conclusions". The only way to verify a fact is via direct contact (see, feel, smell touch, hear). So in the young, memorizing is 70% of it and some primitive thought processes are the other 30, not much of which is critical or evaluative. At about age 25 it just about reverses to 40 - 60, with a tremendouse increase in integration,  critical thinking (including "BS alarms") and evaluative thinking ability. Then there is also the experience factor, which provides more material which can be used for comparison, analysis and just add to the database. When I remember something it has at least 3 and often 4, retrieval indexes: 1 sight, 2 sound 3. touch (each if relevant) 4. what was I doing and physically feeling and what was going on around me?

But yes, one does get "too old" to have learning as the primary psychological activity. But one can learn to increase the efficacy of the inputs, but we don't think of that as learning we think of it as being "sharp", "perceptive" or some other observational variable which compensates for the lowering of learning capacity if well learned and used

1 hour ago, Yipyap said:

Wow, what a beautiful room!  I would love to do something like that, I'm just worried about people visiting the house.

That was a big consideration.  There is no door, instead an archway with a teddy bear door curtain and wood beads on the other side.  Any one can walk right on in.   If I had visitors and told them it was a private room and please stay out, that is a guarantee that they will enter and investigate.

I decided it was my house and I should do what I've always wanted to do with it, so I made the decision that I don't care who knows about my AB any longer.  I started the process of telling folks and so far friends and family have been very acceptive and supportive, which was not even close to the scenario I had imagined.  I've received two visitors so far that dropped by to pick me up for lunch or just to talk, and after some pointless banter, I would ask if they wanted to see the crib and got an "oh yea" response, which I knew is what their purpose for entering the house was all about.     

I also have maid service once a month and they just commented it was an adorable room.   So far it has been a great place to spend baby time in, but also a great tonic for getting my long time fear resolved of being "found out".  Now I truly believe I don't care anymore.  I'm not going on the street flaunting it, but what I do in my house is my business and true friends who know will not reject you for it.