LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

For those with urge incontinence, how long can you hold it?

scaifester

For those with urge incontinence, how long can you hold it?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. How long can you hold it before you start to wet?

• Not long at all (seconds)?
    • A little bit longer (minutes)
    • Longer but situations keep me from going to bathroom
  2. 2. Do you still try to hold it in when you start to wet

• Yes
    • No

After wearing for awhile, I am definitely developing urgency that is new. Sometimes the urgency is severe and leads to urge incontinence. The urgency isn't immediate. Usually I can wait for 15-30min after feeling the first wave of urgency. Each wave gets worse and worse. However, situations arise when its hard to find a toilet such as driving home because my commute is long. I am not 24/7 but I always wear a diaper whenever I drive to and from work because the anxiety of having a real accident in the car is real. Too many close calls (damp pants, damp underwear) has convinced me that I need to wear them now. How long can you hold it in?

Even when I start to wet my diaper I still try to hold it in. At least it keeps me from flooding which increases the possibility of a leak. I know that I eventually empty my bladder into my diaper if I am in the car and the traffic is bed. However, it takes longer than just giving up. 

Typically for me, I can feel the urge to pee or poop build up just like normal. Once I stand up, I have about 2 or 3 minutes to get to the bathroom and everything is coming out weather I am in the bathroom or not. Normally if I am at home, I can make it to the bathroom before I have an accident. Whenever I go out, I always wear a diaper because I have had so many accidents because I cannot make it to a bathroom in time. Fortunately, I have not had a messing accident while out and about, but I have had several as soon as I get home and cannot make it from the car to the house before messing myself. Oh the joys of double incontinence.

• Like 1

By the time I feel the need to pee its to late as I start peeing almost immediately, most times I never feel the need I just start to pee. My last test when he filled my bladder was the only time in 3 years I felt the tingle of really need to pee. it was a strange feeling after some many years of no feelings. 

• 1 month later...

I have at best ten seconds between becoming aware and having an uncontrollable stream emerging. Sometimes it's less. At home I try to get to the bathroom since I wear pull-ups here, and I use them like training pants. Elsewhere I just let it go as there's no stopping it so there's no point in trying. When I was able to wear real diapers constantly I never tried to retain anything so the urges were few and far between which I was happy about since I spent half my life fearing and fighting them. They're not as bad as they once were but I still have no idea of what quantity will emerge :rolleyes:

Bettypooh

• 2 weeks later...

I‘d learnd some techniques how to feel if my bladder is emty or full. The point is, that I normaly feel this to late due to nerve problems, and if this happens my bladder normaly cramps emediatly and I lose most of it‘s content. The trick for me was to have regular voiding Intervalls and learn to listen also to other signs of my body. With this technique I make it to have a „warning“ time from 15 to 20 minutes. But if the urge set‘s in it‘s normaly to late. Thatˋs the reason way I still need diapers if I‘m out and no toilet is in reach and also over the night.

For me, it depends on what I’m doing. If I’m up moving around, I often have a few minutes after the first sensation before I lose control, and I can sometimes make it to the bathroom. However, if i’ve been sitting or lying down for some time, my bladder often voids almost instantly with little or no feeling of urgency when I get up. I also sometimes void unconsciously while asleep. And whatever I’ve been doing, I’m sometimes surprised about how wet my diaper has become without my realizing it. 

On 3/13/2019 at 9:18 AM, rusty pins said:

Maybe you should talk to your doctor about cutting your dosage in half.  That way you might have better control but pee more easily when you have to go.

Thanks for that. I got the dosage cut once and its helped a bit. The main problem now is that while I often feel like I have to pee I release very little urine when I try to go unlike before the med when it just flowed. The attitude when I raise the issue seems to be that drugs have side effects so you just have to adjust to them.

If i have been setting for a while like traveling i have around 5 minites to find a restroom or its to late. try being in a strange town and trying to find a restroom in less then 5 mins.

This is why i wear diapers while traveling and don't even try to find a bathroom i just let it flow.

If I really need to go I can last maybe a minute if I hold, with no effort to hold on I pee within seconds,,, 

Depending on circumstances I prefer to just let go, yesterday afternoon I was walking home, about 5 minutes away I had an urge to pee and just let it happen, I always wear black trousers or jeans when I know there won't always be easy access to a loo,,, 

LLP

On 12/29/2018 at 9:03 AM, fillemup said:

Typically for me, I can feel the urge to pee or poop build up just like normal. Once I stand up, I have about 2 or 3 minutes to get to the bathroom and everything is coming out weather I am in the bathroom or not. Normally if I am at home, I can make it to the bathroom before I have an accident. Whenever I go out, I always wear a diaper because I have had so many accidents because I cannot make it to a bathroom in time. Fortunately, I have not had a messing accident while out and about, but I have had several as soon as I get home and cannot make it from the car to the house before messing myself. Oh the joys of double incontinence.

This is like me in the car, as soon as I get home I have maybe 30 seconds before the flood comes, and I have very little control.  This has caused several damp or wet pants and underwear. It's almost the same at work, when I get up from my desk I have a minute or two at best. Several times I have ended up with damp or wet spots in my underwear/pants.