LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Jesus and Diapers

This is a far stretch from what Christianity is about. This guy is a little extreme talking about diapers and Christ. I'm a pastor myself, and this is just taking things in a wrong direction when it comes to Jesus and Christianity.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Well, on the initial face it was just a "see Jesus became mortal" and a diaper is just a sign of that.

The rest is gibberish.   You can start with "swaddling clothes" being tantamount to a diaper.   It isn't.   Swaddling clothes refers to wrapping the entire body of a newborn, not just the diaper area.

Pretty sure someone lacks the historical understanding that diapers weren't even a thing, cloth or otherwise, until the 1800's.  Prior to this, parents would learn the timing of their children's voiding patterns and hold them outside while they did their business.

I think both Cardinal Wyszyński and John Grondelski have overdone it on the sacramental wine. That was a truly dizzying article.
You're not kidding. I couldn't make heads nor tails of what they were truly trying to say in the article.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I think the author got a little side tracked, but I'm pretty sure what he is trying to convey is that even God would have to experience humility and frailty, once in the form of a human.  Humility and shame are considered by most Theologians,  to be completely human traits. The story of Adam and Eve tells how humans first felt these emotions upon being cursed by God for eating the forbidden fruit in Eden.  I'm not sure  I agree with the articles author, or even the story of Adam and Eve, but I think that is what this long winded and side tracked article was trying to get at.

• 4 months later...

The article draws a very long bow, and the last few paragraphs are IMHO a fanciful extrapolation of the concept beyond what is reasonable, but bear with me and I might be able at least the first paragraphs a bit.

It makes some sense if you were raised in a strict Orthodox or Evangelical family and were no doubt given religious instruction basically from birth.

Y'see. I think he's saying that Jesus, who is God (or part of the triune Godhead, but this isn't a theology lesson), accepted all the limitations of becoming fully human, with all the weaknesses and frailty which that entailed (compared with being able to speak universes into existence and such), including that of mortality, and childhood incontinence. He did not strictly speaking need to do this, but in fact chose to. Implying that somewhere within his infinite wisdom even God himself chose to experience the love of a mother, and the sensation of helplessness and diaper dependence (even if it was just a means to an end).

Equally, he also didn't need to die a hideous and painful death on a cross only to descend into hell to atone for the sins of all mankind, but he chose to do that too, out of love for humanity and those who repent of their sins and place their faith in his mercy and loving sacrifice.

If you bother to read the bible (not just listen to a Preacher) Christianity is a beautiful religion, full of love, forgiveness and and a genuine understanding of what it is to be  human, and  what it is  to make mistakes. Not about guilt and  prudishness. For what it's worth, "the Pharisees" (the group most criticized by Christ himself) were at the time considered the holiest of holy Joe's, with sticks jammed so far up their backsides so as to challenge Fred Phelps.

Christ himself spent most of his time hanging out with prostitutes, thieves and tax collectors. The underworld or lower classes of the day. Those who knew they'd done wrong and needed help.

I guess the take-away point is that "On some level, even God almighty chose to wear diapers."  (implying  that there isn't anything wrong with it from a Christian perspective, which i don't think there really is, just a broader societal misunderstanding.)

DISCLAIMER: This is not necessarily my opinion, just paraphrasing the years of indoctrination religious instruction I received as a child growing up. It is not intend to offend anyone, but rather explain the context of the article. So if something in my post causes you offense, my sincerest apologies, I do not want to spread hate, or misinformation, and religious discussions tend to be polarizing. So please forgive anything I've said to which you may take offense, and please remain peaceful and harmonious.

• Like 1