LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Piper Belle (Complete)

We've now learned a few more interesting details about Piper that I'm sure are important to the story. I can't wait to hear how Elyx might interpret this last visit from Piper.

Ive been finding it hard to get into this story, until the last few chapters. That said, even though theres a steady flow of chapters, the whole story has been difficult to embrace, because the chapters are so short (a 2 minute read for me). 

Contrast this to "Sheltered" (not a Sophie story) or "Mac and Oaklee", each chapter is long and sucks the reader in. I couldn't put M&O down in the end...

11 hours ago, ozziebee said:

Ive been finding it hard to get into this story, until the last few chapters. That said, even though theres a steady flow of chapters, the whole story has been difficult to embrace, because the chapters are so short (a 2 minute read for me). 

Uh huh I did the edits for this story a while ago, and the short chapters seemed better for the semi-natural breaks in perspective. >_< But I do regret it now.  Hm...

Maybe I can post two chapters at a time?  That might help?

12.)

"I don't get what the big secret is, why won't you tell me where we're going?" The train clacked along the tracks and Lucky knew they were supposed to be in class - for Piper to want to skip meant something really serious. She was wearing her red dress - she'd changed in the bathroom at the mall after they'd left school - and was trying to make herself look grown-up, which ironically meant she was making herself look younger. "What is it you want to buy that we have to go two towns across for? What can't you get at the mall?" Piper wouldn't answer, though, she just gave the same answer she'd been giving all morning - 'It's not important'.

"You didn't have to come with me..." I played with my fingers in my lap. The moment with my mom last month had left me in a tizzy.  Though we had gotten along since, it didn't seem to make it any easier.  Actually, as each day passed, it got harder.  Then school started and I couldn’t do it anymore.  I just felt so ugly as a fifteen year old, so much more than I did before, and I wanted to change that...

"You've never skipped school. Like I was going to miss this?" Not that Lucky wanted to skip school - it's just that she subscribed to the idea that a good friend would lie for you but a best friend would wear the consequences along with you. And she saw herself as the latter. "Besides, I worked this week so we can get tacos or something once we get there - my treat." Of course, Piper had money for once - birthday money from relatives - but Lucky still liked to spoil her.

I didn't like that Lucky was coming with me. I wasn't sure how I'd get rid of her when we got there, how I'd be able to sneak away, but the supply store was in the mall and I figured it wouldn't be too hard to get lost. I could get what I needed and get back home. She would ask about the bag, but I'd brought my backpack for that reason.

"Why so beat-up, buttercup? I'm your best friend.  Heavy burdens are easier to carry if you share them. You know I'd never judge you or anything... gosh, I worked for thirty weeks just to get you a dress I knew you'd love. What's so bad that you can't tell me?" Lucky didn't ever come across like she was hurt of course, she treated it instead as though she really very much wanted to help.

"It's nothing - can we stop talking about this?" She looked at me a little strangely and I crossed my arms over my chest. "It's personal, okay? Like, emotional or whatever, like you and your grandma's ring, kind of. But it's something that isn't anyone's business..." It was a cheap shot, but I just wanted her to drop it.

"Okay." Lucky didn't get down, or counter or be catty or nasty about it - she knew better than that. A best friend didn't escalate and so she changed the subject. "I saw some really cute ribbons in the same colors as your dress in the back-page catalog of Cosmo this month. I'm going to get them for you because I think you'd look really hot in matching ribbons." Hot was a new word for Lucky - she'd always complimented her best friends looks, but it was always pretty, cute, beautiful - hot was a recent addition.

"Sure..." I wasn't very responsive. I'd been out of sorts all week. I think if I'd been myself this behavior might have worried Lucky more, but maybe she was growing accustomed. The train let us out in Andersville and I walked from the station down to the mall.  I pulled my backpack up on both shoulders.

Lucky walked backwards for a spell, but the unknown pavement was unforgiving enough to a problem and she soon tripped and fell back on her behind, scraping the palms of both of her hands. Piper looked down at her, eyes wide and colorful for the first time in a week and Lucky did everything she could not to cry.

I let out a little sigh and helped my friend up off the ground. She landed right in a puddle and her butt was soaked. I felt little bits of electricity at the tips of my fingers and I quickly let Lucky go before she could notice. What the hell...? "Come on, the mall's that way..."

"My butts wet..." Lucky walked slightly ahead of Piper as they made their way to the mall, even though she didn't know the way and Piper did - and she sounded pouty as she made the statement. Piper didn't say a word in reply, though, staying quiet as she had most of the week. "I like new malls, I mean, we grow up with the same one mall and that's really all we know, so new malls are exciting to me."

"Uh huh..." I stayed looking at my feet and not at the girl's ass. Seriously, what was I even thinking? I was fifteen - I'd never even kissed a boy, and now I was checking out Lucky of all people? No, that wasn't it... "Come on, right in here." I led the way into the mall and down the escalator. Where was that drug store...?

"Feels like I wet myself, ugh, maybe I'll see if I have my gym pants in my schoolbag..." Lucky stopped and set her messenger bag down on one of the benches in the mall with a little frown, ferreting around inside. Piper stood behind her anxiously, looking everywhere but at Lucky, up until Lucky turned around with a defeated look at the lack of replacement pants.

I could feel the color in my cheeks, more than I was used to, more than before. I felt sort of cloudy and I was having trouble breathing right. I didn't mind it, though, not like having Suzie taken away. Ugh... "W-why don't we just go into the bathroom and you can hold your jeans up to the hand dryer for a couple minutes...?" And I could have a moment to myself.

"Okay." Lucky seemed happy at the idea of that and she quickly found a bathroom sign and waited for her best friend to follow her inside. There was nobody else around and that was good, because this next part was going to be embarrassing. Lucky unbuttoned her jeans and slid them down her legs, revealing the wet seat of her pink printed panties. She held the jeans up to the dryer and frowned, wriggling a little bit. "Are my undies wet?"

"Not... I... I'm not sure..." I looked away from Lucky with a frown, biting my lip. "I... I'm gonna stand guard - you just go use the dryer.." "Why don't you?" "I'm gonna stand guard so no one walks in and wonders why fifteen year old girls are holding pants up to a hand dryer!" That seemed to deter her a little. So I stepped out into the hallway and looked around for the directory. Most malls had them - it was a matter of finding them. I stuck the little “maintenance” sign on the front of the door and hurried away from the bathroom. The drug store should be just down the hall...

Lucky held her pants up to the drier and hummed to herself for a minute or so before the little machine sputtered and turned off. And no matter what she did, she couldn't get it to turn back on. "Piper... it's broken." No response. "Piper? Piper Belle?" She frowned and pulled her semi-dried pants back up her legs and then opened the door. "Pip-... oh..." Where'd she go? Where could she be? What the heck. "Piper?" Lucky began to head down the hall back to the mall and looked left and right, trying to figure out where her best friend ran off to.

13.)

I didn't know what I was doing. I didn't know what the point of any of this even was.  I just thought maybe going a step further, beyond this stupid fixation with stuffed animals and Courtney Love dresses, I might be able to feel better, feel whole the way I haven't this past week. It was a stupid idea, and stupider the more I thought about it. But I didn't know what else to do... "Ex... uh.. excuse me... um... miss... do you know where, uh... the... uh... like, the underwear, the um..."

"Underwear? You might be better off trying VS down the ways, sweetie." The girl behind the counter didn't look much older than Piper, though her sense of fashion was the sort that was still holding on from a few years ago - very grunge, very torn, very pierced - most places didn't hire people with that look, but this particular girl happened to be exceedingly polite and very good at her job, so they let her slide. The smaller girl was blushing deeply and the associate - who’s name-tag was written as 'Carlotta' in sharpie on her name-badge - figured out what she was actually after. "Oh. Oh. Oh. Over here, come on."

"I.. I don't mean..." But she seemed to get it well enough. She led me over, down one of the bigger aisles, and into an aisle that resembled a storage closet that opened at the end. The packages lined the walls on both sides and I hesitated as the girl led me through. Most of them were a sickly green color, and I wondered why I was here to begin with.

"Now I can point you in the proper direction and leave you to it, and that's one option and I guess that's cool. But you can answer my question honestly and I can maybe help you better - you dig?" She was dressed like the eighties and spoke like she was from the seventies - Carlotta was an odd juxtaposition. "Are these for you? Seriously babe, not going to ever see you again - your blazer is from a school in a different town, and it's not like I can force you to tell me the truth anyway. But if you got a problem with this stuff, it's better to get a good product."

I didn't want to answer, but I'm sure the blush gave it away anyway. Carlotta waited, though, and let me make that decision for myself. I wrapped my arms around my chest and shrugged my shoulders, and the fact I hadn't declined seemed to be a good enough response. "Do your parents know?" I shook my head. "Can you use the washer without them finding out?" "...huh?"

"Well, your parents don't know so I bet you're paying for this out of your own pocket cash. There are some you wear and throw away, and some you wear and wash and re-use." Just like a baby, but Carlotta knew better than to ever make that correlation. "Disposable are good because they're convenient and if you can't use the washer it's a good angle because you just throw away any evidence. But cloth you only have to buy once and if you treat them right, they last a long time. How much do you have to spend? And how much are you likely to have regularly?"

"I... I don't... um..." I felt very overwhelmed, and all the while, I knew I had to get back to Lucky. I didn't know any of this. I should have known. I should have figured it out before I came here. I should have planned ahead, and I didn't, and now I couldn't figure any of it out. All I knew was that they made these things for grown ups too, not just babies, and I was curious. "I... I don't have a lot... of money... just birthday money..."

"Oh, sweetie..." There was a sympathetic tone from Carlotta - that this girl had an issue like this and she couldn't tell her parents, and now she was spending her birthday money? "I'm going to pick you out a few different things for you to try, and I want to see you back here this time next week, okay?" Her fingers - tipped in different colored polishes per finger - picked out two packages from different parts of the shelf, after stopping to eye up the girl’s hips and behind, and then went to the end of the hall and came back with everything packaged into a brown cardboard box. "I've taken three of two different styles of disposables, and two cloth, plus some pins and a cover. The disposables I'm going to comp, but I have to charge you for the cloth and the pins and cover. Come up to the counter, I'll ring you up." Not mentioned were promotional samples of an oil and a powder that the supply store gave away to expectant mothers for the benefit of the companies.

"I... I can't carry all this..." The woman took me to the counter and started to ring me up before I had any say. I really had no idea what she was doing with the stuff inside - she was scanning tags and organizing, but I didn't recognize half of it. "My friend is here, and all that won't fit in my backpack..." The box would fold closed, but hiding it from Lucky would be impossible...

"I want for you to tell her that this is stuff for your Mom - that she's been having some sleeping problems and you needed to come out here to get the equipment for her. Money's tight, and she wouldn't let you get them if you told her, so you're doing it behind her back with your birthday money. I'll seal the box, and can even put her name on it - what's her name?" Carlotta, it seemed, was very very good at spinning stories - though she looked like she'd had to talk her way out of things more than a few times. "There are one style of disposable that just slide up like undies, and another style that you need to tape. Try them all, okay?"

"I'm supposed to be in class," I said nervously, looking at the box with a little frown. "I can't come back next week..." But her story. Her story was good, and it went very well with what I'd already told her about the "personal stuff" angle. She was brilliant...!

"On Thursdays we're open until eight, and I work until close. Can you make it out here then?" It was Tuesday today, so that would only mean an extra two days on top of the original one-week suggestion. Carlotta smiled as she picked out the labeler from under the counter and looked up with a little smile. "Your Mom’s name?"

"Lonnie..." She labeled the box and taped it up, leaving me with a bill: twenty-seven dollars. Twenty seven dollars? "That's it...? I got so much stuff..." "Most of it was complimentary, and it's not very expensive." I fished the money out of my purse with a blush on my cheeks and paid the woman - I had gotten twice that for my birthday, though.

"I'll see you next Thursday, and maybe we can talk a little more openly then, okay?" So that was Carlotta, that was the unconventional woman who worked in the pharmacy that was also one of the most well-stocked disability supply stores in the county - the surprising woman that knew how to put a person at ease, who knew her systems and who knew how to navigate the struggles people faced.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Like & Comment!  Please consider supporting us on Patreon! ^_^ 

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Sophie ♥ said:

hold your jeans up to the hair dryer for a couple minutes...?

You called it a hand dryer just a bit later. I bet that's what you meant to say here.

I wonder how angry Lucky will be that she was abandoned. Maybe it'll be better when she worms out of Piper what's in the box... and I'm confident she will in no time at all.

I also wonder how this all is going to be taken by Isaac... and Elyx!

On 1/25/2019 at 6:21 PM, diaperpt said:

You called it a hand dryer just a bit later. I bet that's what you meant to say here.

Edited.  Thanks. ^_^ 

I'm gonna put a few more chapters up today and tomorrow.  Thanks for reading and commenting, guys :wub:

14.)

"What the hell, Piper! You were supposed to be guarding the damn door!" Lucky didn't swear often. I nearly dropped the box I was carrying, my cheeks still red from my meeting with Carlotta. "I.. I was just..." "Just leaving me without my pants on? Letting anyone who wants to walk in?" "I put a sign-"

Lucky crossed her arms with a pout, though she didn't stay angry very well, not for long periods of time and that meant much of it was just blowing smoke now. "Strange bathroom in a strange mall we've never been to and nobody knows where we are, anything could have happened..." A tiny smile crept into her lips, though, and she looked at her blushing best friends cheeks. "What the heck is in the box? Is that what you came here for? Show me show me show me."

"It's private," I said under my breath, looking away from Lucky and at the cardboard box with my mom's name on it. I tucked it under my arm and turned on my heel, walking back to the front of the mall. Lucky hurried beside me. "Come on, let's go."

"Noooo...." Lucky sighed and rolled her eyes. "I want to buy you lunch, because I feel like you've been really distant this week and if we're skipping school we might as well enjoy ourselves. Plus there's a really nice food court here..." Which Lucky had found when she was looking for her AWOL friend.

"I'm not really hungry, though... I just wanna head home..." Lucky frowned and I
looked at my feet. I wish she understood to leave it alone, but that wasn't how it worked in our relationship. We always understood, but leaving it alone...? That was another thing. "Fine... something small..." But that something small wound up being a large Mountain Dew at Taco Bell and five tacos between us.

The box got its own chair, and it felt as though Piper spent more time looking it than looking at Lucky! "My pants are dry now. I mean, my undies are still damp, but I found another bathroom after the dryer broke and got my pants fixed while I was trying to find you. I wish you could get like... car phones... that you can carry around with you. Probably be too big though... maybe one day..." That was Lucky - always the thinker.

"Isaac's phone is pretty small," I said plainly, sipping my Mountain Dew. I didn't like Mountain Dew because I loved Mountain Dew, and it was very hard for me to stop drinking it. Lucky knew that, too... "I thought it would be cooler dreaming about the future all the time, but it's kind of dull..."

"You know you're not really dreaming about the future, though, it's just a dream. Like you know how they say in dreams that you can never see a clock? I bet you can't see a clock in those dreams, and I bet you can't even know the date and you just think it's the future because some things are different." Lucky would refill the Mountain Dew before she'd get any for herself, and probably again before they went because Piper would want some to go - it was a tradition, and with the forty minute train trip it seemed like a risky one - city trains didn't have bathrooms, so they'd probably have to stop to get off six times for Piper to go potty!

I knew Isaac was a dumb dream, but it was interesting anyway. Still, I was smart enough not to get hung up on it. I sipped more of the Mountain Dew - my second refill - and ate two of the five tacos. I still wasn't very hungry, but it would have been rude not to. I climbed up from the table and emptied the tray into the trash before hesitating over my backpack and the brown box beside it. "I... uh... need to use the bathroom." Lucky smiled expectantly.

"I guess it's just you and me, big brown box..." Lucky found herself sitting with the box after Piper went to the bathroom - it was taped shut on all sides and sat ominously, like an imposing obelisk of mystery. Lucky couldn't help herself, though, she picked it up - found it amazingly and surprisingly light, like maybe it was only partially filled, maybe with clothes? And then set it back down. One thing was certain, though, she noted as Piper started back toward the table in her red baby doll dress - there was color to Piper Belle since she got the box. Color in her eyes, color in her cheeks, color in her voice. Color that had been absent all week.

It was not a comfortable train ride. I was shaking for most of the second half of the trip and I bit hard on my lower lip. She knew better. Lucky knew better. We'd been over this so many times, and she only ever gave me Mountain Dew as a joke anymore. I couldn't believe she was so naive, today of all days... "We can get off at the next stop and walk..." It would be another half hour walk, though, and school was already out.

"We can't. We won't make it home on time as it is, and unless you want your Mom to find out you skipped, we have to make it. Just relax, okay, give me that." Piper took the box off her best friend’s lap and put it on the seat next to her and then took her hand. "Close your eyes. Relax. The more you think about it, the harder it's going to be. We'll be off at our stop in fifteen minutes. You can make it until then."

I knew I was fine. I was over reacting. But I wasn't a very big girl, and neither was Lucky. She understood what it was like to need to use the bathroom, and she'd seen me in situations like this on more than one occasion. I almost thought she enjoyed it, the way she smiled. I crawled off the train at our stop and whimpered at the cold September air.  I should have brought a jacket… "Bathroom now..."

"There's the Burger King down the street that way, but it's opposite direction from our houses... and my place in that way, and closer than your house." It left options at least, and Piper winced and slid her thighs against one another as if it would help, as Lucky held the box - the too-light box was probably too much pressure to put on the tiny girl this close to breaking point.

"I hate you," I mumbled, stepping off the platform and nearly falling to the ground. My stomach was aching, now, and I was pretty damn sure the ten minute walk to Lucky's wasn't going to be a thing. I couldn't believe I'd drank that much. I couldn't believe I was that stupid...

"No you don't, you adore me. I got you the dress you want to be buried in." Of course that comment would wind up being darkly ironic and a little bit amusing to look back upon when the girls got to the Burger King and found the bathrooms entirely out of order. A few minutes later, and Piper would wish she were buried, because although the black legging she wore under her red dress were dark, they were still only leggings.

I was crying. I couldn't move and tears were dripping down my cheeks. I was leaning up against the back of the Burger King, fifteen minutes out from Lucky's now, and knowing full fucking well I wasn't moving from this spot. I was so stupid, so fucking stupid...

Lucky knew what had happened probably only a moment after Piper had, and she took no joy in it - she didn't laugh or tease or make a scene about it. She took her best friend’s hand, set the box down, and when Piper was too exhausted to fight it from the tears, she wrapped her arms around her and she held her close. The black leggings were soaked, though the darkness was merciful and it wasn't so clear from a distance, but Piper was so miserable. Lucky played with her hair as she held her, and whispered calm words. "It's okay, Piper Belle, you're okay. We're going to go back to my house, and nobody is home, and I'll draw you a bath and you can soak until you feel clean and you can borrow my skinny jeans that you love and we'll make cookies while your leggings wash. It's not the end of the world, I pinky promise swear..." Lucky was always at her best when Piper needed her.

We didn't talk the entire walk home. I wished I could say I hated myself for what I'd done, but the truth was, I didn't. I hated myself for liking it. The warmth around my underwear and the sensation of heat pouring down my thighs... but all that was quickly reprimanded by the chilly September breeze. By the time we'd reached Lucky's, I very much hated what I'd done.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Like 4

Oh, how nice you tuck the biggest little detail neatly away in the larger story line! Not an enormous surprise, but still a very interesting turn to the story. I'm sure that by the time the story is resolved, the two of them, Piper and Isaac, will have learned that the other is dreaming about them... will one of them actually dream of the other dreaming about them? Just a hypothetical and at this point I wouldn't want to know. 

Now I'm wondering to what extent Piper's interest in diapers is from actual need and how much ABDL. After all, we know about her paci's, right?

15.)

Lucky opened the door to her house and set the box down on the sofa - her parents wouldn't be home until eight tonight. Piper looked down at the threshold to the foyer and Lucky literally had to take her hand and bring her inside. And true to her word, she took her into the bathroom - her bathroom, because Lucky's bedroom had her own - and began to fill the large decorative circular tub. "Vanilla bath oil? Or raspberry?"

I didn't answer and Lucky picked one on her own - which, it turned out, was vanilla - and started running the bubbles for me. I had frozen up, but despite it all, there was still heat on my cheeks, color in my eyes. What was stranger, though, was that this wasn't how I handled embarrassment. I was actually very good at handling embarrassment, which was why I was as well-liked as I was in school. I ran with it very well, and Lucky definitely knew that.

"You're going to be okay, Piper." The girl wouldn't move, though, her cheeks red and her eyes bright and her thighs moving very faintly against one-another. Was this because of the dress? Or was it something else? She'd always loved Lucky's bathroom in it's shades of pink that faded from dark at the floor level to almost white by the ceiling, but this wasn't like her at all. Lucky bit her lip and in a very bold moment that made her chest burn with anxiety, she put her hands on the wet sides of her best friends black leggings, and began to peel them down her legs. What was she doing?!

"L-Lucky..!" But Lucky pulled my leggings down to my ankles, as wet as they were, and I tried to stumble backwards.  Stumbling was pretty much exactly what I did. It's not so easy to move properly when your ankles are bound by cotton. I tugged the red dress down past my underwear and looked at Lucky with a face of complete astonishment. "What are you doing?!"

"I'm undressing you, because you're..." Why was she doing it? Because her best friend was blushing and she'd taken it to mean she was horny? Gosh, damnit, Lucky... what are you doing? "Because you're wet, and I'm going to get you cleaned up. Raise your arms." Raise your arms? What was she? Piper's Mom?

"I.. I can really... uh... Lucky..." She grabbed the hem of my dress and pulled it up over my head. My arms raised on instinct - I hadn't had anyone do that since I was a kid, but it seemed that conditioning was still there. I quickly covered my bra with my arms before she put the dress on the floor. "This is really funny and all," I said nervously, "but you should go."

"I know." Lucky looked at her best friend in her underwear - a sight she'd seen maybe close to somewhere between a dozen and a million times, though her panties being soaked through was a new thing. "I guess now we're even for you teasing me about my wet undies earlier!" She meant it in jest, because she hadn't meant for this to happen, and Piper hadn't teased her, but she wanted to lift the mood. "Want me to bring my boombox in? AT40 starts in six minutes..."

"No, I... I think I'm just gonna relax..." Lucky left and I crawled into the tub. There was no explanation... why did I let her undress me? Why did I get all tingly like that? Was it more to do with this weird fixation with kid's stuff, or something else? I sunk into the water and frowned, letting the vanilla wrap around me. There was no explanation...

"You sure you wouldn't rather talk to Elyx about this?" Isabelle was sitting on a beanbag in her small studio - she didn't believe in fixed furniture beyond her bedroom, and working on a small block of white chocolate as the boy paced from her front door to her window and back, shaking his head. "Well, go on, tell me about the dreams."

"Maybe she's gay. But why does it matter, anyway? She clearly doesn't know it. Was gay a thing in the 90s? Maybe it's not even a thing. Maybe I'm watching, like, the dawn of gayness. Maybe I'm a prophet, intended to bring about the gospel of gay humanity to the masses." "Settle down, Isaac." I sat on the edge of her windowsill and crossed my arms over my chest. "I don't know what to do about Elyx..."

"Elyx could be a very good way to get a more specific recording of some of what's going on. Especially because..." Isabelle looked at her chocolate bar and frowned thoughtfully. "Lucky is gay. I'm not sure about Piper. Her sexuality seems geared towards something different and I don't think she cares so much about gender." Of course that was a modern perspective looking back on the nineties with 20/20 hindsight.

"...what?" I asked her. "What?" "Lucky is gay? Lucky's not gay..." "...oh sweetie." "No, I was talking about Piper. Because of those feelings for her friend..." But Isabelle wasn't wrong - she definitely had a side-set of feeling geared toward something else entirely, something I still hadn't told anyone about...

"What's in the box?" The box was a literal black-box in the story, too - the way that Isaac had explained it was that they'd gone to a mall a few towns over to pick up a box, and then the box had been conspicuously absent the rest of the story despite how prominently a part it had played in the events that kicked things off.

I shrugged my shoulders, the kind of way Piper shrugged her shoulders at the clerk in the store. I closed my eyes and crossed my arms tighter against my chest. "Those are her secrets, Isabelle, and I don't think it's right that I tell people them... that's why I want to stop seeing Elyx..."

"You're protecting the secrets of a fictional character from a series of dreams you're having. I want for you to think about that. Do you understand that her secrets and desires might actually be rooted in your own desires. Is that why you're scared for people to find out?" Isabelle wasn't a pushy person, and she was usually much more relaxed and non-committal with her opinions.

"She's not a fucking dream. Jesus Christ, Isabelle. You believed me a fucking month ago, and now it's all about... dreams and subconscious and shit. Elyx got to you..." "I didn't say I ever believed you - I was curious." "Great. Thanks. Your curiosity is noted." I stormed out of the house and started my walk back to campus. It was late into the afternoon. She'd still be asleep...

16.)

"I don't think you're making it up. I just don't know how to explain it, okay? You're a boy that I find kind of charming, and I want to help, but this is new and it's hard for everyone involved." Isabelle had never really been in a hurry to get anywhere, but she'd chased after Isaac and had done so in bare-feet and all, which really said something. "If she's not a dream, what could she be? Do you think it's like... subconscious quantum entanglement or something...?" Despite the big words, she actually didn't sound sarcastic at all.

"I.. I don't know. If she's really from the 90's, maybe she's real or something..." My pace slowed down, something to a sort of shallow walk, and I let Isabelle catch up. I wasn't good at holding grudges. "I just know it's more than me going crazy... it's too sane for me to be crazy..."

"Is she aware of you? Or are you just aware of her?" Isabelle wasn't sure what it meant, or why she was asking it, or why it mattered at all - but it seemed like an important question to know the answer to. It was true, though, this was too detailed, too much to be a dream. Maybe it was still something dissociative, maybe Elyx was right… but even that had almost too much detail.

"Yeah, I mean... she talks about me kind of like I'm an old friend or something, you know? She dreams about me, but I think her dreams are more like real dreams and not like my crazy dreams that seem too real to be real dreams..." If that made any sense. I finally stopped and turned to Isabelle with a little frown. "Sorry for running out. I just don't know what to do anymore... it’s been months…”

"It's gotta be messing with you, right? Maybe you should spend some extra time sleeping when she's asleep." That was how he slept nowadays - he could get some proper rest when she was asleep. "Not exclusively. But you can't figure out anything if you're running around exhausted all the time. And I don't think you should shut Elyx out entirely - she really wants to help." She did - it was true, even if she (and it was she at the last meeting) was convinced the boy was having some sort of fractured break.

"I'm sleeping too much already... I had to drop one of my winter classes..." I ran my hands through my hair and rubbed my eyes. "I usually get about four hours a night now, with her and I both asleep at the same time..."

"If she's starting to impact your day to day life, making you drop classes, we need to figure out how to resolve her." There was Isabelle being pushy again, and she didn't like it. "You know how people say ghost stick around for unfinished business? Maybe she has unfinished business. Like. A problem. Or a dilemma. Something she needs help with, and you're reaching into the past to guide her..."

"I don't know how I'm supposed to guide her, though...." She dreamt about me when she slept, when I was awake, the same as the way I dreamt about her. But she got fragments, the way dreams should be. Where did that leave me...? "Elyx wants me to sleep in the lab again tonight... but with everything that happened today, I don't think it's a good idea…”

"Elyx thinks she might have an idea how to get something through to the other side of the looking glass." Though Elyx was mostly working on speculation right now and that was really all anybody had to say. "I don't think you should write her off just yet, she might be able to help. But you need to know something, Isaac - communicating with her won't help if you don't know her issue.  Like you said - it’s been months.  You should know this stuff by now.”

"She's got a lot of issues, that girl..." I let out a little sigh and played with my fingers in front of me. Was it the weird baby stuff? I'd googled it - there was a lot on the topic, but it all seemed too new for her, nearly seven years away. She must feel lonely... "I'll see Elyx..."

"I think that's a good call. If you get a chance to sleep while she's asleep, do it, because if you're in the lab tonight you won't feel rested at all." Isabelle nodded down the pathway with a little smile. "Want me to walk you back to your dorm?" Though she was still barefoot and standing in the warm summer-kissed grass.

"No, I got it..." She'd be asleep now, at least for a while. She hadn't opened the box when she got home. Tomorrow, though, she might, and I needed to be sure she wasn't going to spill any secrets to Elyx if I was going to his program tonight. Her. Ugh. Elyx fucked with my head a lot, and I wondered if it was on purpose half the time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Like 3

OK... Well, I wondered and now we know. Isaac does know that Piper dreams about him. Did we know that before and I just forgot? It came out as such a simple statement of fact here that I'm thinking maybe I forgot. And Isaac is very reluctant to tell anyone about what's in the box. Hmmm... is it only protecting Piper's privacy or is this going to end up being the big common thread between them? Or is there even more? Lots more? All that is why I continue reading! 

Still has me captivated. I still have so many questions flying around in my head. I really don’t think he is a AB/DL. He might have some deep down desires to check out a diaper but he wouldn’t have needed to google “the weird baby stuff”. I see it more like they are driving each other’s lives through the dreams. I am really enjoying this and I look forward to reading more. 

Hey guys!  Sorry for the long wait for the rest of this story.  KH3 has kept me very busy this week, but I'm finally done with the game!  I'll be getting back to a regular posting schedule now.  Thanks for sticking with us. :wub:

~~~~~~~~~~~~

17.)

I sat nervously on the edge of the bed. The room was private - a graduate practitioners room. Elyx was connecting different suction cups to my wrists. There was a video camera and a voice recorder, the same as last session, but this time was different. Isabelle sat by the door and watched, and I put my head down nervously on the pillow. What would Piper say? I'd timed this to coordinate well with her school day, hoping anxiously that she'd just go about her life and that box would remain unopened. I didn't need Elyx knowing about that...

"I want you to drink this, it's going to help you relax." Elyx was dressed like a boy today - or as boy as the person was ever going to get - and he ran his hand through his hair with a pretty smile, the other hand holding a cup of tea. "This tea is going to help you chill for a bit, and then I'm going to put you under and we're going to hear from your little friend again. Is there anything worrying you? It's better to get your worries out of the way early."

"No, I'm not worried..." I looked at Isabelle with a little frown. She knew about the box, but not what was in it. She knew I was hiding things, but more than that, she thought it was something about me, not something about Piper. It just wasn't fair for all these cameras and recorders to hear her secrets... I sipped at the tea and looked at Elyx. He waited impatiently, so I drank faster.

"I'm going to put you under just like before - we're going to document the case here, this time, and I might bring in a few of my colleagues on this one depending." In terms of fucked-up-a-tude, Isaac was quickly becoming something of a rising star in the field.  Two months of studying had gotten Elyx more questions than answers. Elyx took the tea-cup and smiled down at the boy. "Do you have any questions?"

"I don't want anyone else in here..." I gave Elyx the cup of tea and remained seated on the edge of the bed. The boy gave a small little smile and I looked at Isabelle. She just watched - she didn't have anything to say. Maybe she was afraid of saying something that would make me mad at her, or maybe something that would make Elyx mad at her...

"Ok, nobody will be in here but us." Bringing in on this case meant to share the findings with others, after all. "I want for you to look at my eyes and listen while I talk. Can you hear my voice, hear the nuisances and subtleties in the way I speak? Keep listening, let my words be the only thing you hear."

I wished I could say I was better at this hypnosis thing. This had to be the fifteenth time.  But his words were liquid smooth and I couldn't help closing my eyes after a few minutes.  There's not much I remember after that.

"Piper Belle, can I see you please?" Piper's Mom was making coffee - or at least she was standing next to the coffee-maker waiting for it to make coffee.  She was holding a clunky phone in her hand attached to a cord that sprawled across the length of the kitchen to the wall. "Are you coming straight home today, or will you be going to Lucy's? I have a dinner meeting tonight and don't want you to be here alone."

"Oh... uh... I can go to Lucky's I guess." I took a Pop-tart out of the cabinet. My mom didn't like cooking breakfast. She didn't really like cooking at all. My dad liked cooking in the summer, but it was getting late for that. "What about dad - he's working late again?" He was a mechanic - he enjoyed working late.

"He's got a 1976 Dodge in the shop that he keeps finding reason to spend time with." Piper's Mom rolled her eyes, though she held no animosity - her and her husband shared a good relationship, and the only issue of stress tended to actually be their daughter. "Please go to Lucy's, who knows what you'd get up to if you were left here on your own." Which was mostly a joke - in terms of social risks, Piper took none. She didn't smoke or drink or anything of the sort; she was just a troubled girl who kept to herself.

I bit my lip and stepped out of the house to catch the bus. What I would get up to? With both my parents out, maybe I could have a night to myself tonight... and maybe that wasn't such a bad thing. Lucky and I didn't ride the same bus, though we lived pretty close to one another. I didn't see her at all until second hour, and by then I had already filled my head with daydreams.

"So you can't talk to Piper at all?" Isabelle had her arms crossed as she watched the boy talking to himself in a voice far too feminine to be his and Elyx shook his head. "Not that I've figured out yet. Some part of Isaac's psyche is protecting her from external interference, even going as deep as the subconscious." "Is that even possible?" "I want to say it isn't, but here we are. There's not a whole lot of other explanation." The conversational sounding dialog had faded out a while ago - Isaac had answered one or two school questions that helps to confirm the age of Piper, but it wasn't until a while later that the conversation started again - with Lucky, they presumed. // "Hey chicadeelite. What's got you so glum?"

"Oh nothing," I said with a little smile. I was thoughtful, honestly. My head was swimming with ideas about the things that woman had given me, about the things in that box in my closet. The memory of me wetting myself and Lucky taking my top off over my head was already behind me - more stupid kid things that always seemed to happen to us. "Mom wants me home tonight," I said with a sigh. I was a pretty good liar.

"She's lying." Isabelle sounded surprised, and Elyx nodded his head in agreement. "She told her Mom she'd go to Lucky's, but she told Lucky she has to go home." "Maybe she wants alone time...?" "Maybe you're right..." // "Oh." Lucky sounded a little put-off, pouty in a cute way, and she shrugged her shoulders. "That's okay, I was going to see if you wanted to hang out maybe but if you have to be home you have to be home." Lucky opened her bag and ferreted around for some candy, coming back with a pink baby bottle pop and some bubble gum. "Mom says if I keep just bringing candy to school, she'll start packing my lunch for me. Doesn't she know girls our age run on candy?" She started to unwrap the little plastic bottle.

The afternoon went pretty slowly. I didn't talk to Lucky again until lunch and it was mostly about classes. Only one thing of interest was actually said: "Isaac's world has screens you touch on, like on phones and to order lunches with..." I was watching the cash registers at the end of the lunch lines. "Seems like more work, honestly."

"She's aware of Isaac." “But both see one another as a dream. Her perception of his self is much more whimsical, though. She knows its a dream, and it doesn't disturb her." "It's a lot more vivid for Isaac." "It's safe to guess who the dominant personality is." "Maybe that's not it at all. Maybe he's picking her up. Like. Brain waves or something..." "Yeah, but I can't go to the faculty with that sort of claim, Iz. My thesis has to be credible." "You shouldn't obfuscate the truth in search of a thesis, though..." "I disagree entirely." // "Do you think Isaac's world is actually some place we'll go one day? I'd love to go to the future. But I'd want to do it while I'm young so I can still appreciate things..."

"I don't know. I think it's just future stuff. It's probably TV or something getting to me - like maybe I'm watching too much Sailor Moon..." The subtitles made it really hard, but I still liked it. "But there's always that boy, you know? Same boy, same roommate, same world." I shrugged. "I'm probably obsessed with someone at school!"

"You’re fifteen, Piper, and you haven't shown any interest in anybody from school. Or anybody out of school. Or any boys at all." Lucky let that last one linger, maybe fishing for a response, maybe hoping for one but she didn't get anything out of the ordinary so she quickly hurried herself along onto the next thing before it got weird. "I taped the last two episodes of it for you, by the way." Piper reached into her schoolbag and passed the big black VHS tape across the table. "I know you missed it."

I fished out the older tape from my bag and handed it to Lucky. She had a VCR so she taped the show for me. It was always on TV too late to watch, and on a channel we didn't get at my house. "I don't know. I guess a lot of people already have dates and stuff, but no one really shows any interest in me. Maybe when a boy likes me, I'll find I like him too."

"Maybe..." Or maybe when someone else likes you, you'll realize you like them too! Lucky chose to smile instead of babble, though, and she felt better for the choice in the immediacy - though in the long run she'd regret it. "You've really never met anybody that just makes you feel special? Like you're the center of their world and they just want to see you happy?"

"I don't know. Is that what dating is? I thought it was butterflies and staring into people's eyes and stuff. If it's just making me feel nice, I'd just go on dates with you." The line was shorter, now, and I climbed up from my seat. "Watch my chair - I'm gonna go get some food."

Lucky didn't know if she could have gotten up if she'd tried after that comment, and she just nodded softly with a rosy tone to her cheeks, playing with her hands under the table. // "Some of what Isaac told me about Lucky makes me wonder..." "About what? What a stupid name Lucky is?" "Her name's Lucy. She just goes by Lucky. I mean, she reminds me a lot of a friend of mine." "So?" "Well, the friend in question grew up with me and on my sixteenth birthday, she propositioned me..." "You think Lucky is gay?" "I dunno, maybe." "It would fit in with the requirements for a repressed sexual self fulfillment scenario...."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Like 2

18.)

I stirred. The whole thing was dizzying, and when I sat up on the bed, my head hurt and my chest felt heavy. The whole room was still spinning, but I'd been in the trance for over six hours. I held my head in my hands and tried to make sense of the two people spinning around me. "Hey..."

"Describe the way your body feels to me." Elyx was curious about that aspect - if there was any physical dissociation - did the boy wake up feeling like he should have breasts? Would it be possible to invoke those feelings? So much of this fascinated Elyx, and it was only because of Isabelle that the boy was kept on a short leash.

"What...?" "How do you feel?" "I... I don't know. My head hurts, and my chest feels heavy..." "Heavy, like weight?" "No, like, heavy like someone's sitting on it..." I saw the disappointment on Elyx's face and looked up at Isabelle. She watched me curiously and I looked at the camera. What had I said? What had Piper done...? "I still don't remember anything... did she talk?"

"She talked quite a bit, actually." That was Isabelle, the girl who seemed far more concerned about Isaac’s state of well-being than about any anachronisms or idiosyncrasies. "She had a talk with her Mom, and then went to school and did very well in her Social Studies class, and then she lied to Lucky about having to go home when she told her Mom she was going to Lucky's." "She also likes Sailor Moon. And Isabelle thinks Lucky is queer."

I rolled my eyes. "You guys can't even see her or hear her talk or anything, so I don't think it's fair to make that assumption." Isabelle was so weird sometimes. If anything, wouldn't it be Piper who was gay? She's the one all lovey with the shop girl... "I didn't know she liked Sailor Moon... that's that one sex anime right?"

"I don't think Sailor Moon is a sex anime..." Elyx looked at Isabelle and shrugged his shoulders. "I mean there was that one thing I saw online once about Sailor Moon and the Dragon Balls and her giant three foot cock, but that's not really official." "Elyx…” Isabelle frowned and crossed her shoulders. "Keep your kinky stuff to yourself." "Kinks aren't anything to be ashamed of." "Well that's easy for you to say, you are your kink. Anyway. I'm taking Isaac home. Do you need him for anything else?”

I pulled myself to my feet and nearly fell over. Isabelle caught my arm and held me up for me to catch my balance. The last time I'd gone into the trance it lasted two hours and she'd gone to bed. Waking up when she was still awake was vividly jarring... but I was never asleep, either, not really, and I was so fucking tired...

"We'll go to my place, Isaac - it's closer." Closer by a large margin, actually, and though it was tiny and not the nicest place in the world, it had a bed and someone to keep an eye on him, so Isaac didn't really have too much room to complain. She helped the boy put his arm over her shoulder and together the two of them left Elyx' office. "Elyx is a jerk when he's a boy. She's really sweet when she's a girl, though."

"I don't get that... the weird gender thingy... what's with him anyway...?" We'd never really discussed it - Elyx helped me out and in turn I didn't make fun of him or whatever. Anyway, he struck me as more of a girl anyway, and I couldn't tease a girl like that... "My head is spinning so bad..."

"Elyx is gender-fluid. Depending on the day, he'll be a different gender. Sometimes no gender either. It's a little unique, but he's a brilliant therapist." On the way to her room the two would walk past the small strip of stores that services the students, and there was a Taco Bell amongst them. "Feel like a taco or two? On me?"

I sat down at the table and put my head down, waiting for the whole thing to stop, the endless spinning... It did subside, but it didn't help the tiredness. Isabelle sat down with a couple tacos and a cup of Mountain Dew to share. I reached for the drink first and hesitated, my arm over the lid, and took my hand back. My cheeks went scarlet.

"You don't like Mountain Dew? A blush response is a pretty weird way to show it. Bad experience?" Isabelle offered the cup to the boy, and even took a sip to show that it was okay to drink. "It's just soda. Have a sip, okay? I bet you'll be okay." So said the girl who hadn't had a dream about wetting herself and being changed by her best friend in 1993.

"I... I'm fine..." I looked away from the cup and down at the tacos. Man, what was wrong with me? So Piper had a bad experience - I wasn't her. I had Mountain Dew all the time…

The boy held the cup in his hand and then blushed a little more, not quite able to bring the straw to his lips. "Did something happen to Piper with soda? With Mountain Dew? You can tell me - I won't tell Elyx." Elyx who was planning to make the boy and his imaginary fifteen year old girl self the subject of his thesis now, it seemed. Isabelle didn't like that.

"It's just... I don't know...." Which was more of an answer than outright saying "yes". I let out a little sigh and put the cup back on the table. I wasn't really blushing, was I? That kind of thing only happened in movies... "She just doesn't like it... that's all..." Which was, in some degree, true.

"Well, if you feel like telling me anything you can. Maybe until then, I'll just get water when you take me on dates." She chose that word very selectively as she fiddled with her ring, maybe to see the reaction or maybe because she honestly was starting to like the boy across the table from her - fancy that, Isabelle: crushing on a boy with an imaginary friend.

We walked back to her house together and I wanted to kiss her the way we'd kissed months ago. But I was too tired and I really couldn't fall asleep on her again - I'd felt horrible enough the first time. So I retired to the girl's room and curled up on her bed. It was late now, just past two in the morning. The late night sessions with Elyx were necessary given the time difference between worlds, but the six pm session hadn't ended until midnight.

"Do you think you'll dream of her, tonight? Or will she be asleep?" Isabelle was sitting on the side of the bed, Isaac curled up and facing away a she ran fingers through his hair. He didn't seem to like it, but he also didn't seem to hate it, either, so she kept it up with soft little strokes.

I shrugged my shoulders. "It'll be the afternoon, I think... if I'm right about time and stuff..." Which I was. It made thing easier... "Maybe she'll be napping and I'll actually be able to get some sleep." But she wasn't. She was on her bus, on her way home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Like 2
On 2/10/2019 at 2:16 AM, Sophie ♥ said:

"Well, the friend in question grow up with me and on my sixteenth birthday

Right at the end of chapter 17.

I wished I could say I was better at this hypnosis thing. This had to be the fifteeth time.  

Fifteenth or fiftieth?

But his words were liquid smooth and I couldn't help lying down a few minutes later. I closed my eyes when he told me to, and there's not much I remember after that.

Wasn't he already lying down? 

I didn't notice anything in ch 18.

Both chapters were great. I'm beginning to wonder if there could be a relationship or just some sort of hint in Elyx being gender fluid while male Isaac and female Piper are tied together through their dreams. Then there's the relationship between Piper and Lucky becoming clearer while we also see the 'friendship' maybe becoming more between Isaac and Isabelle... all curiouser and curiouser. Maybe I'm just projecting...

19.)

"The disposables are easy enough to figure out, but the cloth are more difficult - you need to fold them, and then pin them, and probably want to wear the cover. Do you need help with that?" Carlotta hadn't been expecting the girls phone call, but she had given her phone number so it wasn't an impossibility. She actually found it cute that she'd called, even though it had taken her four hangups before she'd managed to say a word.

"I don't really get it..." I had sorted everything in the box twice over, trying to figure out what was what. Diapers were diapers, but the towels were also diapers... then there were the puffy plastic underwear, and the powder, some cream, and wipes. I stood five feet away from my bed, like it was infected. "Why don't they have instructions..."

"Don't fret babydoll, it's easy to figure it out. Lay it out on the bed and I'm going to explain how to fold it, and then how to put it on. It's easy, but I need you to stay calm and to listen and to do whatever I say. Are you ready to do that?" Carlotta was laying on her bed with her feet up in the air as she talked - it was her afternoon off, and she finally offered what might have only been logical. "I can come over and show you if you want, where do you live? Another town over, right?"

"Oh, you can't come here." I'd only met her the one time, the one time at a store, and if she came here... if my parents found out... and anyway, I wasn't about to let her undress me! My fingertips were cold and I winced at the floor. "I'm sorry I called, I'm sorry... I'll figure it out..." And I hung up. Fuck...

Carlotta tried to call back, but the girl didn't answer and so she let it be for now. She was worried, though - she knew she had a problem and she was trying to deal with it herself, but it wouldn't get dealt with if she couldn't figure out the basics. After ten more minutes of laying on her bed, Carlotta's phone began to ring and she looked at it, wondering if it was the girl calling back.

"I'm bleeding," I mumbled into the phone. I couldn't believe I was doing this. Why did it matter? It shouldn't matter if I wore anything this stupid... but I wanted to, wanted to badly enough that I had to call the girl. I should have tried the disposables first... but they made so much noise when I touched them. "I poked myself with the pin..."

"Oh sugar..." They weren't condescending words, really, they were caring words from a woman who probably cared too much about a fifteen-year old girl with a bedwetting problem. She spoke very calmly and very carefully to explain to the girl. "You'll lay out two of the diapers on top of one another. And then you take the lower left corner of the diaper and fold it about one third diagonally, but don't let the upper left corner move. You got that?"

There was a minute of silence on the phone before I answered, still holding the cotton ball against my bare hip. I should have kept my underwear on... "....no, not really. Isn't there a picture or something..." But both packages had nothing but writing on them. I felt like I'd fall apart into tears. Maybe this was a bad idea... "It's... this doesn't really matter... I don't need them..."

"Yes, you do. You do, and you can do this. How about you get on the train and we'll meet halfway - we can meet in a mall or something, maybe in Scottson? And I can show you how to fold them, there? I'll treat you to dinner if you like." She wanted to better try to explain things to the girl, but she could hear the defeat and frustration in her voice and she didn't want for her to hang up.

"I... I shouldn't... I could just wear the plastic ones..." It was the smarter decision, but what if I really liked them? I couldn't wear something that made that much noise around my mom, or around Lucky... the little towels were perfect...

"I'll meet you at the Scottston Mall in about an hour, okay? I'll wear a purple hoodie and I'll wait by VS on the ground floor." Carlotta figured that maybe, just like in her store, it would be better to give directions rather than to ask questions. "Bring two cloth diapers and some pins, and a cover as well. Okay?"

"Which ones... are the ones that cover it..." I was looking at the disposables again when she described the plastic underwear. I was wondering what those were for... "Right. Okay, see you..." I hung up the phone and replaced it in the hall, packing up my stuff in the same brown box before heading down to the train station. I wasn't really doing this... was I?

True to her word, Carlotta was wearing a purple hoodie when she smiled at the nervous looking girl with the brown box. She had a black skirt on and fishnet stockings with tears, and played with a piercing in her lower lip as she grinned. "You made it. Come with me, there's a bathroom off the food court with a parents room we can commandeer, and then we can get something to eat." Directions, not questions.

"Right, but—“ The girl pulled me down the hall by the wrist and I nearly dropped the box from under my arm. She didn't let me go until we were in the little off-shoot bathroom at the end of the mall. I'd never been to this mall before... "This is weird," I mumbled, looking at the watch on my wrist. It was just past five... my parents would be home by eight.

Carlotta took the box from the girl and opened it, setting it down on the floor as she laid first one cloth diaper, and then the other on top, down on one of the benches that lined the walls. "You want two, because you probably only need one but two is better." And then making it look as simple as could be, she pulled in the bottom left corner, and then the bottom right corner. "Sit up here, take off your pants. You can leave your knickers on."

"What...?" The girl pointed at the stack of cloth and I played nervously with my fingers. She made it look so easy... "I... I saw how... um... the folding thing... so... so I'm probably good now..." Honestly, though, despite my understanding it so far, I had no idea how that square of cloth was a diaper.

"Up. You came all this way, do you want to know how to do this? Cloth diapers have a lot of advantages. Just sit up here, okay? I'll get you anything you’d like for dinner." Honestly that wasn't so much an issue, if the girl was going to let her help, she'd help her without the offer of food - but Carlotta made it anyway.

"Can't I keep my jeans on, I don't know why I shouldn't..." Carlotta rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest. "I've seen girls in their knickers before, sweetie.” "I know, but..." "Whatever you're comfortable with - I'm just trying to make this easy." So I crawled up on the bench with my jeans still in place and sat down on the square of fabric. The girl was high above me now and I suddenly had a sensation rush through my stomach in a way I'd never felt. Something like... butterflies...

With the jeans on, it wouldn't be a perfect example, but Carlotta adjusted the diaper and pulled the folded part up between the girls legs, bringing the sides around to the front to pin into place with the large pins one either side. "It'll fit a lot nicer without the jeans on - I was hoping to put it on you and put your jeans on over it while we went out to eat - you'll never come back to this mall I bet so it would be a good way for you to trial it out, you know?"

"R-right....." My voice was far away, my cheeks lit up like Christmas tree lights, but the expression wasn't shame or embarrassment. The girl pinned the diaper, making sure I understood, and unpinned it again. My fingers tingled at my sides and I looked up at her with glossy eyes. Gosh...

"How about I unpin that, put it back on over your knickers, show you how the cover works and then we can go get some dinner, alright?" Despite the question-mark, it wasn't hard for anybody to realize that she wasn't asking the girl - she was giving a direction. A direction to the very warm-cheeked girl who looked at her now was glossy eyes and a faraway smile.

I felt my head nod, but it wasn't a conscious decision. I felt Carlotta’s fingers slip under the corners of my jeans and tug them down, just to my ankles, and repositioned the diaper over the milky pink panties. I could hardly breathe. She pinned them in place, talking as she did, but I didn't hear a word of it. I was slipping away from reality...

"You're only wearing one, so you want to put the cover on.” She picked the plastic cover out of the box and pulled the jeans off the girls feet so she could slide the soft pink plastic up her legs. "Lift your tush." And she did, too, without any protest, as the plastic cover was pulled into place. "I bet you feel a lot better now, it must be so stressful going around without protection, right? Pull your jeans up, we'll go get some food."

20.)

I dizzily followed the girl through the mall. I wondered if anyone noticed, but I'd worn a long top and my coat touched the backs of my thighs. Maybe it was fine. But my walking certainly was different... "Try putting one foot in front of the other, sweetie.” I did my best to listen to Carlotta, and I actually pulled off a pretty mature walk despite the hand holding. The box was thrown out and the rest of the supplies stuffed in my backpack.

It was a little bit weird to Carlotta to be holding the girl’s hand, but she looked the part of grungy older sister anyway so she figured nobody would read too much into the age difference. Piper followed quietly as they went toward the food court, though the flushed color never left the girl’s cheeks. "Is there something you feel like eating, cutie?"

I shrugged my shoulders, looking down at my shoes. I wanted my red dress so fucking bad right now... "I... I don't care..." So we got ice cream. She probably didn't have tons of money, and I wasn't too big on eating anyway. We sat at one of the tables in the food court and I fiddled nervously with my top. It was like the chair was padded or something - so comfortable, so warm, so...

Piper ordered a rainbow swirl sundae with blue syrup and sprinkles - a decidedly juvenile choice, but Carlotta remembered when she was the girl’s age and the desire to cling to childish things. "You can wash them like normal once you wet them," The topic seemed to catch Piper off guard and she blushed deeply and looked back down at her sundae. “Put your washer on pre-soak. If you like them, we'll get you some more on Thursday when we meet next. But you might like the disposables more, some people like the convenience."

"I... I don't need any more, though..." Carlotta chuckled and took a bite of her sundae. "Sweetie, the disposables get thrown out, and two cloth ones will only last you one night of the week..." I bit my lip and looked down, shaking my head. "Why can't I just wear them again...?" Carlotta gave the girl a really curious look.

"You need time to wash them after you use them, sugar, the pee isn't going to just disappear on it's own. You probably need six or eight, depending on how often you can clean them." Carlotta had finished her own sundae and she looked at the watch on her wrist, checking the time with a little smile. There was something she enjoyed about Piper's company, even if she'd said very little since they'd left the changing room.

"I... what...?" "What?" I just looked blankly at the girl, trying to make sense of what she'd said. I had to clean them because of pee. That's what she said, right? It took a minute - a minute of her working things out and a minute of me working things out - before it finally hit me. THEY ARE DIAPERS! "I-I'm not gonna...! It's not like that!!" Wow, my cheeks burned scarlet.

"Sugar, of course you are - that's why you need them. It's not like you'd be spending your birthday money on protecting yourself if you didn't need it. It's okay to talk to me about it - I do work in the best stocked store for those supplies in the county." Piper looked down at her ice-cream with scarlet cheeks and a look of conflict in her eyes, like maybe she was trying to figure something out. "It's okay, girlfriend, really it is. No one will ever know but me and you."

"But, I..." I bit hard on my lower lip. She thought I wet the bed? It would explain it. It would explain it a hell of a lot better than I could explain it! But I was fifteen, of course I didn't wet the bed!! Gosh... what was I supposed to say...

"It's cool. Look. You know why I work where I work? Because I had the same problem until I was like sixteen. And nobody was there to help me, I had to work it out on my own." Okay, so maybe that was a bald-faced lie. Maybe she only said that to girls Piper's age so they didn't feel as much shame. But it worked, it always worked, and Piper looked at her with a curious expression that Carlotta hadn't seen before.

"Really...?" "Yeah, absolutely." "So, like, you just... um... you know..." "A couple times a week," she said, and I played with my fingers in my lap. A couple times a week. I could... I could lie. I could say I was wetting the bed. Maybe I could get Mom to get some more for me. But the idea was quickly shot down - if my mom ever found out, I wouldn't be in diapers, I'd be in a doctor's office... or a mental hospital. She didn't tolerate this kind of thing...

"It's a perfectly normal thing, and more common than you think. A lot of girls your age wind up at my store, and all of them are always so shy.” Carlotta nodded to Piper’s sundae and smiled. "Finish your ice-cream before it gets all melty."

I took another bite of ice cream before looking at my feet. I still had all those feelings in my stomach, the tingly happy kind... and I was just so... I just liked this so much... with her... here... "You're... uh... an adult, right, like a grown up...?" I couldn't keep hanging out with a grown up like this. Ugh, what was I even thinking?

"Jeez, I don't know. Am I? I'm nineteen. I guess that makes me an adult, though I don't ever remember agreeing to it. Is that one of those things they just spring on you? Yeah I have my own place and have a job, but I don't know if I'm anymore adult than you - I think for a long time we're all just kids in body's that grow older but never take into account what we want." The answer was surprisingly poignant and Carlotta found herself surprised by her own words.

"Right, right...." I was so lost in thoughts. I couldn't figure it out. I had to go getting all weird feeling for a grown up, and for a girl? But it wasn't like that, was it? Of course not. I reached for her hand as we walked back to the train station together, and I felt my cheeks warm up when she let me hold it. She was nineteen...

Piper seemed to figure out how to walk in some manner of normality despite the bulk between her legs. "I'll see you again on Thursday, let me know if you want to go with cloth or disposable, alright? And you have my number so you can call me anytime you like between now and then." They'd come this far together, but now would be taking opposite trains.

I played with her fingers in mine and she played with the tips of my hair. She was so wonderful to me, so helpful, and my fingers were still numb in hers. I just... I just didn't understand any of it. I felt so warm and fuzzy around her, a kind of feeling I'd never... so I leaned in, pushing myself on my tip toes, and kissed her lips. But I missed. No, she pulled away. Oh... "I... oh... oh, fuck... sorry..." I quickly let go of her fingers and panic washed over my chest. FUCK PIPER WHAT THE HELL!

She could saw the whiteness drain all the color away from the girls face and she recognized the signs - the softly heaving chest, the pallor, the flexing and clenching of her fingers. Carlotta sat the girl down with one movement onto the bench seat and put one hand on her cheek and used the other to hold one of her hands. "Fact #1: I dig girls. You didn't freak me out. Fact #2: I think you're pretty as heck, so this isn't about any of that. Fact #3: You're like, fifteen, and you might not even dig girls. You might just like that I'm taking care of you. If you do, that's okay, but I don't think we should kiss. If you actually dig me, that's cool too, but I still don’t think we should kiss. I don't want to exploit you. Understand? You gotta be sure about what you want and not just because you feel content right this second.”

I wasn't sure what the hell she'd just done to me. Like. Like she turned me off. Like I switched off, physically. I just sat there. Panic fell away. Everything fell away. I just sat there, her hand on my cheek, my hand in hers. I waited. Wondered when it would snap back. But it didn't. It trickled. I took in a breath of air - the first I remembered taking in in minutes - and looked up at the girl. "I... I'm sorry... I don't really... I don't know what happened..."

"You freaked. It's cool." And in that moment, it was, too. Everything was okay. The train on the other tracks rumbled by noisily and Carlotta waited for it to pass. That had been Carlotta's train, and that meant she'd have a wait after Piper's came, but she didn't mind.

"I don't like girls..." Of course I didn't! "And you're like... four years older than me..." Which she was. I felt so fucking gross... how had I done that? "I don't know what came over me. I really don't. I know it wasn't right, and... I don't know. I have these feelings in my tummy, like butterflies in movies, and I've never felt that, I just thought..."

"Sounds like what I felt before I kissed Stacy McKenna when I was your age." Carlotta shrugged her shoulders. “I mean, I like guys too. Just for different things. Guys get me feeling one way and girls get me feeling another, and neither is better than the other. You're a smart chick, though, if you think you like girls too... or only like girls, I'm sure you'll figure it out. Or you'll call me at 2am in tears tonight wondering if you said something right now that upset me. Which you didn't." A train rolled up behind Carlotta on the platform and she smiled at Piper. "Talk to you later, sweetie.”

It was a long ride home. I couldn't figure out why I'd done what I'd done. I couldn't believe it. Maybe I was dreaming. I didn't even think twice about what I was wearing - it didn't cross my mind - until I'd arrived home. I closed the door to the foyer when I smelled food and I remembered my mom's car was in the driveway. I quickly tugged my coat around my body and hurried up the stairs. I put the diapers away, right? Of course I did, I wasn't stupid... right?

"Piper Belle." Middle name always meant trouble, if the sternness of the tone wasn't enough to give that away on its own. Piper froze in the stairwell and her Mom stood at the bottom with her arms crossed. "Lucky called here looking for you earlier. Is there something you'd like to talk about? Like perhaps where you were without leaving a note or any way to contact you?"

Jenny's house? No, she could call. I went for a walk... too vague. I stepped down the stairs, the coat still wrapped around me, and bit my lip. Did those plastic pants crinkle? I didn't hear them now - maybe I was fine. But at least she was downstairs and not up, right? She hadn't checked yet... she hadn't expected me home. But Lucky called.... "I... I went to the mall to... check out some clothes..."

"Not more clothes like what Lucy got you, I hope?" Despite the questioning, her Mom's tone of voice made it clear enough that she believed the story. "How about you and I go shopping tomorrow afternoon, we'll get you a nice dress for a girl your age and some pretty tops, okay?" It was a peace-offering, however passive-aggressive it might have been.

"Y-yeah, mom, that sounds great... I'm gonna go change into my PJs, and I'll be right down." I hurried back up the stairs, listening for the rustling of the underwear. They did make sounds, but it was faint, quieter than the disposables. I did my best to walk proper on the way down the hall. I was going to get out of this just fine...

~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Like 5

Great chapters! She's experimenting with diapers and her own sexuality. With the diapers, she's being brave and stepping out; with her sexuality, she seems to be following instinct. Carlotta is avoiding a relationship - which is a wise boundary to observe, I think. But what will this open up for her and Lucky?

Mom is so afraid of what Piper will buy for clothes that she swallows Pipers story and even offers to bring her shopping! And now I can't wait to read of Isaac's reaction to all this!

17 hours ago, Sophie ♥ said:

"You're only wearing one, so you want to put the on.”

Maybe you meant "so you want to put the cover on"? 

@diaperpt - Fixed!

I actually really like how Carlotta handled that situation.  She's an adult and Piper is a kid.  She doesn't want to get with Piper at all, but Piper got her wires crossed somewhere.  Carlotta was very straightforward about her feelings, but at the same time she was very sensitive to how Piper must be feeling.  She drew boundaries between them and made sure Piper knew she didn't do anything wrong.  She doesn't mention Piper's age because she doesn't want Piper to feel 'less than', but she makes it clear she isn't comfortable with it.

Exactly! She did handle it extremely well. There's a small enough age difference for Piper to get caught up but large enough for Carlotta as the adult to realize she is the adult and should be responsible about it. ...even though so often it's situations like this that can lead to statutory rape. We don't need that in this story!!

21.)

"How'd you sleep?" The answer was obvious and written all over the boy’s face as he yawned and rubbed his eyes - Isabelle was sitting on a beanbag with a little assortment of Chinese boxes on the little side table she had next to her and another between her knees. "Hungry? I figured you'd be up soon, so I ordered extra."

I checked the clock - 2pm. Piper had gone to bed around 10, and that gave me four hours of sleep. I rubbed my eyes and looked up at the girl. "It's Wednesday," I mumbled. "Yep." "I missed class..." Fuck...

"Tell me about Piper's day and eat some Chinese with me, okay?" Isabelle smiled and kicked the spare beanbag over for the boy to sit next to her, and handed him a little white box of chicken in some sort of sweet and sour sauce. "You were asleep a long time, so I bet a lot happened, right?"

"She tried to kiss that girl at the drugstore," I mentioned casually, eating the slightly- cold food. It was still warm at the bottom, and the box was unopened. I figured it arrived about half an hour ago or so. "So yeah, I think we've proven who the gay one is." I wasn't sure if that was a good thing or a bad, though.

”Piper's gay, huh? Wasn't the girl at the drug-store older than her? Seems like a weird object of a crush to me..." Actually, it wasn't that odd - a lot of girls who were dealing with feelings like that went for older partners for guidance if nothing else. "Did she reciprocate? The trashy drug-store girl? Or did she flip out? I'm worried about Piper now - I don't know how she'll deal with rejection."

"No she was like..." I felt a little whimsy enter my voice and I looked at the Chinese as I ate. "She was... really good. Like, she took care of Piper so well, and it was... impressive. Like, Piper was freaking out, for sure, and she just... I don't know. I wish you could have been there. It was something out of a book or something."

"Well, I'm glad she has someone. Is Lucky jealous?" Lucky being gay was still the running theory of both Isabelle and Elyx and it was actually a surprise that Piper had been the first to kiss a girl - and a different girl, too. That could be problematic. Isaac rolled his eyes and flicked his hair back out of his eyes in a way very unbefitting a boy his age and Isabelle looked at him curiously.

"They're not together or whatever. I mean, she threw out some thing about not liking girls and there is the age thing... she just tried to kiss her. But Carlotta didn't let her anyway, so it doesn't really matter, you know? But yeah, she's gay."

"Maybe she's just confused. Girls that age do and think all sorts of crazy stuff. Like, maybe she's just mixed up. Why'd she go see the drugstore girl anyway? I thought that wasn't until Thursday?" Keeping track of a virtual life was interestingly difficult, Isabelle was discovering.

"Oh... well, they met up in a different city, like... I don't know..." But I did know, and it was clear I did know. "She just had some questions, so... they met up and Carlotta answered those questions. Simple stuff..." But it wasn't simple. The feelings she felt on that bench in the bathroom...

"You know I feel like you're hiding something from me. You don't owe me anything, but you know Piper seems like she has a lot of people to talk to - but you don't really. And if you want to tell me, you can." Isabelle put her box down and went scrounging around for another spring roll.

"I'm fine, I really am..." I looked at my feet with a little frown and went back to eating the Chinese food. I knew I could talk to Isabelle, but she'd said it herself... these things might have something to do with me. That interest of Piper's certainly didn't, but I couldn't have everyone thinking it did... it didn't matter anyway - it didn't seem to be very important.

"Alright, if you say so. Spring roll?" Isabelle shrugged and offered the little item of food to Isaac with a smile, and then rocked herself out of her beanbag. "Elyx spoke to me about something earlier this morning - she's worried you're going to start enjoying Piper's world more than yours. Is that something we need to worry about?"

"Absolutely not," I said with a frown. I'd finished most of the box of Chinese and had given up on the rest. "Trust me, her world kind of sucks. She's always nervous about stuff, and it's just plain embarrassing. Why would I want her rotten life?"
"Well, if it changes, can you tell me? Right now everything is okay and healthy... I mean, I guess. But if you start wanting to find time to sleep to be her, that's when it can be troublesome. So you'll tell me, won't you?" Despite the boy’s reassurances, Isabelle was still concerned - especially after how long the boy had spent asleep most recently.  She nervously played with her ring.

"Yeah, absolutely." Honestly, I believed I would.

22.)

I went to class and talked to my teacher. I'd have to get the notes from someone else, but it was a summer class and the teachers were pretty lax about it. I made it home before dinner and found Arry, who despite living with, I hadn't seen in a couple days. "I thought you died." "Been staying over at Isabelle's." "Nice, man." I decided to just let him think I'm fucking her, though I never explicitly said I was.

"I'm glad shits working out, man. You're not still having those weird dreams, are you? I bet that all went away once you got a good little girl to fuck, right?" Arry grinned and nudged his friend, grinning crudely. "How's your book ideas coming? You gotta start getting some stuff down on paper so you can keep getting fine girls like Isabelle."

"Right..." I felt a pang in my chest at the words "good little girl" and my fingers tingled. What the hell...? I played nervously with the cup of coffee I was sipping at and looked away from Arry. That was so weird... "Anyway, I gotta get to bed soon..." Before Piper woke up.
"Oh come on man, let's go out for some drinks, alright? You can sleep when you're dead - you're only young once. Come out and have a good time." Though Isaac seemed to be going steady with Isabelle, so maybe that was why he seemed reluctant.

Great. This wouldn't end well... Arry and I went to the bar and I sat down on one of the booths. They didn't have padding on the seats and I thought briefly of Piper. I was reminded her of a lot recently, and I couldn't think clearly... I sipped at my beer as Arry talked about one of his teachers being an asshole, though I didn't know which one. He had four classes. Lucky bastard...

"I just think guys like that shouldn't be teaching classes - they should be off working in nursing homes changing diapers or something, because they have shitty interpersonal skills." Arry slammed down the remainder of his beer and looked across at the bar. "Going to get another round, you in? Why don't you call that sweet little girl of yours and get her to meet you here? She'll be good for business." A best friend already being with a girl was a great avenue for picking up girls.

Anything had to be better than this. My cheeks were rosy even after two beers so I pulled out my iPhone and remembered what Piper had said about it. Always Piper on my mind... but this was never a problem before.  It was only getting bad this month.  Or maybe this week. I touched Isabelle's contact and started typing out a message while Arry was away from the table.

"So this seems out of character, shouldn't you be at home sleeping and dreaming of your teenage girl self?" Isabelle had actually been at the other bar on campus and hadn't taken long to arrive at all, and she sat down next to Isaac looking very stunning in her little red dress. "Where's Arry?”

"Up at the bar..." He was taking a really long time. "I'm really tired, but appearances have to be kept up, you know? It doesn't matter now, anyway - it's nine. She'll be at school..." Which means I won't get any sleep. Maybe she'll nap when she gets back - she used to - but with her new found hobby and the very little alone time she had, I didn't expect it would be the case. "No point in sleeping for another twelve hours..."

"I don't know, maybe it'll be nice to spend some with with her? Aren't you curious about her feelings for Carlotta, and what's going to happen with Lucky?" Isabelle certainly was it seemed, and before she could get an answer, Arry arrived back at the table with three beers. He grinned at the girl at the girl and took her hand in that cheesy as hell way he did, kissing the back of it. “Isabelle - good to see you.  Thanks for being so good for Isaac, get him out of the house and out of his head."

Isabelle couldn't argue that one, could she? I took the third beer of the night out of Arry's hands. I'd started feeling better in the time it took him to come back from the bar, though I was still tired.

"How'd you two meet?" Arry knew the answer, but it made for good conversation. "Guinness'" "Oh man, I love that place. Classy girls there." "Glad to know I'm classy." "Too classy for my boy here - he's a bit of an animal sometimes. But in the good way, where it counts." "Uhhuh. And how about you, Arry? Do you have a classy lady?" "Nah, I like to play the field. Don't wanna be tied down. Anchored like that, just not my thing."

"His homosexuality gets in the way of his long-term relationships with women." Arry reached across the table and hit me hard on the shoulder and I smirked. He was actually flustered. Sexuality always had Arry flustered and I tended to use it against him. He didn't hate gay people - he just hated when people thought he was gay. Probably something to do with the way he dressed.

"Well, you are a well-dressed guy. Typically fashion belongs to our team." Isabelle grinned as she sipped at her beer and Arry rolled his eyes. "Better to be well-dressed than not dressed at all - like this chump." Arry motioned with his thumb to Isaac and smirked. "Some days he just stays naked all day. I could make a pretty nice sculpture of his junk." "Talking about your best friend’s junk isn't helping you earn your straight badge of courage, Arry..."

"Hey, not all the time..." I frowned and looked up at my friend as I slammed the third beer. It wouldn't help me stay awake. I needed different alcohol, or maybe an adrenaline shot. "I guess I'll get the next round," I said with a sigh, pushing my way out of the booth.

"I'll come along." Isabelle came to the bar with Isaac and when they got there, she smirked coyly. "So we're dating now, huh? I'm glad Arry told me; I didn't get the memo." She didn't sound upset, though, more like she was amused by the fact. And she did like the boy well enough. "Get a mimosa. It'll help."

"I just think it's easier to be talking about you than about Piper all the time around Arry.  I never said we were dating, I guess he just kind of... assumed. Not that we are..." Not that I'd mind. I got the drinks and looked at the orange glass. "This thing is for girls... Arry's gonna throw a little hissy fit if I drink this."

"It's mellow but still alcoholic, so it won't knock you around too much. And the vitamin C in the orange juice is good for your body when you're as exhausted as you are. It's my pre-exam drink. Fuck Arry." Of course, Isabelle had gotten a beer so when the two of them got back to the table, the little orange juice drink that Isaac had stood out even more.

I looked down at the drink as I sipped it nervously. Arry gave me a strange look and clinked beers with the girl beside me. "Shut up, dude." "I didn't say anything." "I'm fucking exhausted." "Probably from all that ass pounding." "Fuck you!" "No thank you dude, I'll have a beer." ...that one was pretty good. I took another sip.

"Are you going home tonight, or coming home with me for a good ass-pounding?" Isabelle grinned and Arry looked at her, making trying to figure out if she were kidding or not. In the end, he just finished his beer and looked Isabelle up and down. "You should go with her, dude. I'm gonna bring a honey home tonight and we might fuck in your bed." “Not cool." Even Isabelle knew that!

"He's just messing around." I finished the little beverage and ran my fingers through my hair. "Even if he was serious, he'd have to get a girl first. He would be more likely to get me into bed." Still, a night at Isabelle's sounded nicer than a night at home. As long as Elyx wasn't around there was no fear of my dreams.

"How about that honey you were dreaming of? Got her number?" "She's fifteen." "Hahaha, what? You've been dreaming about a fifteen year old girl? Alright. I'm out." He didn't mean anything by it, though he often took any excuse to tease his best friend - very much the opposite of someone like Lucky who was always there to support.

I looked down at the table with a sigh. "I may not have disclosed that information to Arry..." "Sorry.." "Nah, it's whatever..." For only having a few beers, I was... pretty drunk. I bit my lip and walked back to Isabelle's along the main road.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Like 2

Hi, guys. I just caught up to this story today; I had missed it before. It's a lot of fun and very creative. I find myself fascinated by the time shift: the 90s v. now. It's an unusual touch (not that much of anything is usual about this one) and I like it. I'm also wondering if Piper will ever figure out that Isaac is dreaming about her. Lots of directions this one could go!

22 hours ago, kerry said:

it. I'm also wondering if Piper will ever figure out that Isaac is dreaming about her.

Yes, she has. That was mentioned earlier in the story. I had to look back and find it at one point myself. I think, I think...

On 2/21/2019 at 12:21 PM, Sophie ♥ said:

Right..." I felt a pang in my chest at the words "good little girl" and my fingers tingled. What the hell...? I played nervously with the cup of coffee I was sipping at and looked away from Arry. That was so weird...

Yes, what the hell? Lots of subtle things going on in these two short chapters. Isaac is so afraid of mentioning the diapers - hmmm, is he protesting too much? He lets Arry misunderstand his relationship with Isabelle which he acknowledges could end badly - will it? And either way, I'm interesting in seeing how this plays out between Isaac and Isabelle. And interesting 'coincidence' that Arry talks about a prof who shouldn't be teaching, but  - 

On 2/21/2019 at 12:21 PM, Sophie ♥ said:

they should be off working in nursing homes changing diapers or something

All this could be important... or not. Fun to think about at this point anyway!

Just in general, as the dreams continue it seems like a gradual blurring of the separation between Isaac and Piper. And I'm wanting to see some of Piper's thoughts about Isaac. She's very tied up in her own life at this point and there's been no mention of her dreams save that one reference... that I'd be hard pressed to find again.

Thanks for the comments guys!! :D  They are so inspiring!  And answers to the Piper/Isaac dreams will be coming soon, as we approach the end of the story!! :o 

I'll try to get another chapter or two up later today - it's been a busy week for me. >_<

~Sophie