LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tips for hiding diapers from in-laws

So my husband children and I are going to stay at my in-laws for a few days and my in-laws don’t know that I’m IC any tips on how to hide my diapers from them 

I would just tell them you are IC due to a medical issue and you need to wear diapers as a result. Doing it this way, you will not have to hide them in the first place and you will not have to explain anything if they found them. I would say they may be more understanding then you think because at their ages, they may be having IC issues themselves and they are hiding that fact from you.

Agreed let them know, theres no shame in being incontinent and needing diapers and you can then get a mattress protector on the bed and will not have to hide your diapers or bed pad. 

and it will remove the question why you take a bag into the bathroom every time.

have fun on the visit and dont stress telling them as time goes on more and more people will need to know 

First, I must point out, that I agree with what others have said. There is no real need to hide this. It'll be easier for everyone involved if you just told them about your situation.
That being said, however, I understand you, I myself kept my incontinence secret from my niece and her family for years, while often staying with them for up to a week. It's just that it's not really big deal if your relatives learn about that. In my case they did and it didn't affect my relationship with them (only with the person, who told them). So don't let this secret trouble you too much. Just enjoy your time.

So, the main problem is to hide the supplies, which, depending on the severity of your condition and length of stay may amount to a rather huge pile. First, I'd advise, if possible, to only take with you as many, as you need for 24 hours and get everything else locally. If, however, you aren't able to do this, for any reason, you'd better have either a car or a large suitcase (maybe several), where you could store your supplies, until needed.
Another problem is changing. You might want to have a small handbag, that's enough for one or two dry diapers and wipes, lotion, etc. Remember, that you'll have to dispose of used diapers as well, so that handbag must be large enough for that also. And mustn't look suspicious. It's probably a good idea to have some special container for used diapers in the car, too.
Then, there is the trouble of concealing diapers while wearing them around. It's the least to worry about, though. But you may have to temporarily change your clothing preferences. Baggy trousers or a knee-high skirt + some long hoody or sweater, that reaches past your bottom or something similar should do just fine. It'd also be nice if you could wear a tight-fitting diaper cover or maybe some simple, plain colored onesie. As an alternative, you can use a bodysuit, contour-shaping panties with high waist or even a pair of underwear, that fits tightly (but comfortably) over your diaper. All these methods will prevent or reduce sagging and may even prevent leaks.
Another thing is sleeping in diaper. You'd want to bring a long nightgown made of thick, non see-through material or pajama set, also non see-through.
And I think that's all. Just don't overdo it. And don't worry.

Clearly if the OP was comfortable sharing her incontinence with her in laws then she would have not asked for help on ways to be discreet.  

It honestly is not hard to wear diapers discreetly around family.  My father lives six hours away and we routinely visit him with our family for a couple of days.  Since I am diapered permanently that means I am diapered at his house.  Usually one entire bag or suitcase is dedicated to my diaper supplies which I generally keep locked at all times.  I bring my diaper bag into his house just as if it is a suitcase full of clothes.  No one knows the difference and no one has any inkling it is filled with diapers.  I will say always make sure you have packed enough diapers.  I respectful disagree with the above member because I believe extras should always be packed because you just never know.  This will eliminate the need to have to search for a quality diaper in an area unknown to you.

Since you are incontinent I imagine you wear diapers both in public and to your occupation.  This means you should have adequate knowledge of how to wear your diapers discreetly and do not change your routine just because you are visiting the in laws.  As a woman you are at an advantage as you can wear a skirt with tights that can really help to conceal your diaper bulge.  Additionally, wearing firming control panties or fixing panties work wonders and it is not out of the normal for a woman to wear this things which means doing laundry at the in laws does not raise any alarms.  It is much harder for me as a man and I generally just pack enough support clothing to last the entire trip and do laundry when I return home.  Bodysuits are also normal wardrobe for a woman and are perfect for diaper concealment as is a onesie.  As stated previously, night time is the hardest for concealment.  Generally I simply do not change into my night time clothes until it is time for bed and the door behind me is closed. 

The best time to always change your diapers coincide with changing your clothes.  This covers your nighttime diaper usage.  For the daytime there are several tricks to change your diaper discreetly.  If you are uncomfortable changing in the house simply drive down to a local gas station or McDonalds and change your diaper there.  This will also allow for you to dispose of your diaper away from your inlaws which is perfect.  I always bring my diapers out of my family's house to dispose of them.  Sometimes a gas stations trash can become quite full after a day of changes and I try to be courteous and not fill them too full.  Changing in the house is not hard either.   You can always go and take a "nap" where people leave you alone and change your diaper then.  Changing your diaper in the potty can be a little more challenging but honestly as a woman you have the greatest asset of all, a purse.  Just pack a purse big enough to conceal your diaper.  Everyone one knows that women sometimes need to bring their purse to the restroom courtesy of Mother Nature and no one really thinks twice about it.

Lastly, be you.  Act normal and do not draw unwanted attention to yourself.  Also, always have a plan should it be discovered that you wear diapers.  The worst case scenario here is that you tell your family you wear diapers due to a medical need.  If this would be a problem for your in laws pack your bags and never return.?

• Like 1
...and do not change your routine just because you are visiting the in laws.

I don't know how it is in your family, but in mine, when you are staying with relatives, especially someone close, it's as if you are at home. So you're expected (not required, of course, but "expected") to dress more or less like you would at home. Same goes for them if they're staying with you. So, unless even at home you're wearing clothes concealing your diaper, you would have to change your routine, at least a bit.

...drive down to a local gas station or McDonalds and change your diaper there.

You do that? Wow... No, really, that's impressive. Leaving the fact that I can't drive aside, I'd be simply to lazy to go out just to change...

1 hour ago, Elenwen said:

You do that? Wow... No, really, that's impressive. Leaving the fact that I can't drive aside, I'd be simply to lazy to go out just to change...

All the time.  Now of course it is less than a mile from their house so it is a convenience thing.  I suppose if your family lived in a location that there was no commercialized area like the country it would be difficult.  

As far as my family goes it is great to get out of the house every now and then.  I am always bored as shit in someone else's house.  My parents house is an extreme boredom zone.

Of course at home I always conceal my diaper.  I have three children I do not want to know I wear diapers.

All the time.  Now of course it is less than a mile from their house so it is a convenience thing.  I suppose if your family lived in a location that there was no commercialized area like the country it would be difficult.  
As far as my family good it is great to get out of the house every now and then.  I am always bored as shit in someone else's house.  My parents house is an extreme boredom zone.

Oh, I see... It's just that I prefer staying inside to going out, even if I'm bored. There are always books and films and other things to do. Or one can simply sleep. =)

Of course at home I always conceal my diaper.  I have three children I do not want to know I wear diapers.

Ah, well... That's understandable. Only, I personally, find this sort of thing pointless in my kind of situation. Not that I walk around the house with a diaper for everyone to see, but I don't exactly hide it, either.
13 minutes ago, Elenwen said:

Oh, I see... It's just that I prefer staying inside to going out, even if I'm bored. There are always books and films and other things to do. Or one can simply sleep. =)

Ah, well... That's understandable. Only, I personally, find this sort of thing pointless in my kind of situation. Not that I walk around the house with a diaper for everyone to see, but I don't exactly hide it, either.

I understand.  I travel a lot, about 70 percent of the year and I certainly just walk around in my diaper at the hotel.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, MarkSmith said:

Clearly if the OP was comfortable sharing her incontinence with her in laws then she would have not asked for help on ways to be discreet.  

This, people.  It's one of my Pet peeves.  Your intentions are all good and your hearts are in the right place trying to help this member out.  I'm sure your input is appreciated.  The simple fact is, if Newbee wanted to let the in laws and family in on her medical incontinence and need for protection, she would do that or already have done that.  the same thing happens in the forum when someone asks for tips and ideas on how to stop bedwetting and a member says, "Just wear your diapers and wet the bed!"  That is not what the poster was asking help with!  For some people it is very uncomfortable to let others know a personal issue like this.  We have no idea what her in laws are like and what their background is.  I have had relatives that were total jerks and always bringing personal things like this out in the open among visiting people just to try and be funny, embarrass them or be a jerk!  Always trying to make a big joke about a sensitive issue and things like that.  Some may not like my response, but here it is anyway.  If someone asks for help with something such as tips on hiding diapers from in-laws, we should give them help with what they are asking even if some people feel it may be a better idea to just get it out in the open.

This might be a tip.  Since you are a woman, I assume that while you are visiting and staying for a few days you will have a suitcase and in that suitcase you will have your protection for your incontinence.  If you have a large purse, carry a spare diaper in it for when you need a change in the day.  If anyone questions why you are always taking your purse in to the bathroom with you, there are answers you can give such as taking medication that you keep in your purse.  People may not ask, especially a woman carrying her purse into the restroom.  Afterwards, go to your room and replace the used diaper with a fresh one for the next time you need it.  Use double zip lock bags in your suitcase to keep the used ones from smelling until you get home in a few days and can toss them out.

• Like 1

A problem with putting used diapers in a suitcase is weight, which might make the suitcase very difficult to carry. Luckily, it often possible to find a discrete place to get rid of wet diapers. For example, put one or two wet diapers in a backpack or large purse and dispose of them in a mall.

Well we visited my inlaws for a couple of nights at Xmas, & for the first time I was in nappies all day.  It went OK.  I switched to disposables for the trip (Molicares), & all my nappies were in one of my two bags.  I kept that bag behind the other in our bedroom, half under a chair, & put a lock on it when I left it unattended for long. No small kids around, so nobody was likely to go into the bags anyway.  The room has its own bathroom, so changing was pretty straightforward.  And Mummy didn't seem too worried.  My fallback position is/was that I've got a continence problem, but I haven't had to use that story yet.  My dummy stayed in my pocket all the time, apart from at night.  And Teddy had to stay at home, but I'm back with him now.

Confidence is everything!  And it's easy taking big bags with you when it's Xmas.

So the trip to my in-laws went great I was able to hide my diapers and dispose of them with ease thanks for all the tips as I am going back to my in-laws in February this was a great trial run and now I know what I’m doing I won’t be stressed out like I was this time so once again Thankyou everyone for your tips 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Newbee said:

So the trip to my in-laws went great I was able to hide my diapers and dispose of them with ease thanks for all the tips as I am going back to my in-laws in February this was a great trial run and now I know what I’m doing I won’t be stressed out like I was this time so once again Thankyou everyone for your tips 

Awesome, I am so happy to hear this.  Was is that bad?

Many have said this here and on other threads, openness is usually the best policy, but I can fully understand the OP's situation. We here might be open with each other, but with specific members of our family, we think that they might not be as accepting.

Issue 1. ... "we think". That is removing the ability of the other person to freely make up their mind.

Issue 2. To what self advantage is it if we inform that person?

Issue 3. Do we want to keep our privacy etc?

In reality, each is true in certain parts, but we do what makes us comfortable. If the OP, as stated, wishes to keep her privacy, not only is that her right, she is asking us to assist her.

Newbee,

most people are unaware that middle-aged adults wear and/or use diapers. As a result, please don't feel self- contious. Your in-laws won't be aware of it unless it is made obvious. Dresses / loose pants tend to hide diaper lines. Keep your supply in the bottom of a locked suitcase. Bring a few black bags and diaper bags to dispose of used diapers. The diaper bags contain the smell and the black bags hide the size. Also, you can state to your in-laws that it is that time in the month. Therefore, the extra bulk that a person might notice can be dismissed as a pad, and not a diaper. Your in-laws might appreciate that you collect and dispose of your own rubbish etc. If you are bowel IC (not identified), take Nullo or similar to control the smell. Also, change as soon after the event.

Finally, be prepared for assistance. Family have a way, despite our best efforts, to get inside our heads and find out things that we wish they didn't. So, also be prepared to discuss your IC, in private, with one of the in-laws. If they find out that way, the will appreciate how 'delicate' the matter is, how much you value your privacy etc., and will respect your privacy.

I knwo that dealing with family in the best of times is difficult, so all I can say is good luck, and don't stress about it. In life, we would be given challenges that we can't handle. I know that you can handle this.

I did not want any one too know I wet and needed diapers too but they found out and no one was really upset

On 12/27/2018 at 1:56 AM, Newbee said:

They are not bad I actually get along really well with my in-laws I just don’t want them to know I wear diapers

No mark it wasn’t bad my husband helped me with hiding it and we just carried on as we would have normally so no one even got a little bit suspicious.

2 hours ago, Newbee said:

No mark it wasn’t bad my husband helped me with hiding it and we just carried on as we would have normally so no one even got a little bit suspicious.

That is awesome.  My wife and I also work together as a team to keep my diapered butt hidden.  Her support is almost a necessity to keep my secret hidden sometimes.  She plays great interference when I need to change my diaper.

5 hours ago, stevewet said:

All our friends and family know I am incontinent and wear nappies. It isn't a problem thankfully.

I absolutely agree and why should it be. If you don’t flaunt it and if you are all descent about it who cares.

• Like 1