LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Settling in to a bad 2019 (and it hasn't even started)

I try to be a positive guy, but this thing with the debt collector is all I have been able to focus on since I got the notice that basically means that if I did nothing I will be paying $800+ in interest.

So what could I do?

The only better option on the table was to reach a settlement for less than I owe, which happened to be close to what I actually charged.

So now I realize I'm $1500 in debt, so my 2019 is already gonna suck (before it even began) and I have realized this is probably what I should expect from life for now on; I wanted more but why should I delude myself and set myself up for many more failures?

Yeah maybe to some of you $1500 isn't a lot, well to me it is, I might get $1500 if I sell everything I have and then I would be back to 0 at 27 years old, which does me no good.

So back to the struggle I go I guess, it's all I have ever known and probably all I will ever know.

I`l admit  it SUCKS   dear 

Honestly what can you do then accept ?    

Just so you know dear im WAY  over youre  1500 D  in dept  and i STILL keep fighting EVERY day to get some cind  of life  and get it better  and of course PAY my   interest and  and  dept.

Hon 1500   D   is  what it is  1500  D  i give you that  BUT its NOT the end  of the world dear and NOONE have asked  you to have to sell everything  you got      

Struggle YES  welkome to whats commonly known as LIFE  dear  we get our  up`s  as well as downs.  The thing tho is to KEEP struggling to get  MORE of the  ups  dear.   

Dear @tyrantblade3500 

I have been following along with your problems and I am so very sorry. Not just for your physical circumstances, but for the hopelessness you've taken upon yourself. :( It's like the beginning of It's a Wonderful Life:

"What's wrong with him? Is he sick?"

"Worse. He's discouraged."

No physical pain or thauma can compare to the erosion of one's very soul.

So, what is to be done about it?

This is going to sound counter-intuitive, but bear with me:

You need to find the things you're doing wrong and change them.

I know it may seem like you're only heaping more burdens on yourself by finding the ways in which you are to blame, but it's actually the opposite. By finding tangible things that you can do to improve your situation you'll finally be able to start making your life better. And just the starting will instantly make you happier and/or less stressed because you'll be making progress towards a goal. :)

It will be better for you in the long run if you pay off the debt soon, as interest is the ever dreaded gift that keeps giving. I recently quit Netflix because I just couldn't afford to keep shelling out ten a month to them. Go through your bills and see what you need versus what you want and try to trim the fat until you get your head above water. Also for some possessions, it may be worth considering the item value versus what you'll pay in interest for remaining in debt (whether you could outright buy the thing with the interest paid). I hope this helps and best of luck.

I'm already past the "interest" part as they tried to make me pay $400 for stuff I didn't intentionally order (stupid me for not realizing it was gonna be an automatic subscription service; where they completely hide what you are agreeing to) ; but shame on them for trying to make me pay $400 for what probably should have been $10 (one of the few things that could cost $400 a month is a car payment, not a month of frickin diet pills) ; extra shame on them for thinking calling me every single day would help matters ; extra extra shame on them for trying to charge $500 above that.

I would probably have to sell everything I own to pay $1500 all at once, and I'm not gonna do that and having nothing to do (as I would have to sell all my electronic devices; and TV shows and gaming are 2 of the few things I enjoy in life) .

It's not a matter of me overspending on things.

It's the uncertainty of working for a new company, combined with the possibility they could shut down temporarily if they run out of materials, combined with not getting the full benefits that people that have worked for the company for years have; and if work slows down I may have to take a layoff.

I can not predict the future guys, otherwise I wouldn't have to worry, I would just play the lottery and become a millionaire.

See told  you would you would be able to fix this   dear   

NOONE asked  that of you hon    and that would  be a disaster    i agree  

I never said  you did

Sadly yeah  and as shuch you have to keep this in mind   when you do spend  youre money 

NOONE can dear 

Al in al id say GOOD  work hon (two thumbs up )      

On 12/26/2018 at 7:38 PM, tyrantblade3500 said:

I'm already past the "interest" part as they tried to make me pay $400 for stuff I didn't intentionally order (stupid me for not realizing it was gonna be an automatic subscription service; where they completely hide what you are agreeing to) ; but shame on them for trying to make me pay $400 for what probably should have been $10 (one of the few things that could cost $400 a month is a car payment, not a month of frickin diet pills) ; extra shame on them for thinking calling me every single day would help matters ; extra extra shame on them for trying to charge $500 above that.

I would probably have to sell everything I own to pay $1500 all at once, and I'm not gonna do that and having nothing to do (as I would have to sell all my electronic devices; and TV shows and gaming are 2 of the few things I enjoy in life) .

It's not a matter of me overspending on things.

It's the uncertainty of working for a new company, combined with the possibility they could shut down temporarily if they run out of materials, combined with not getting the full benefits that people that have worked for the company for years have; and if work slows down I may have to take a layoff.

I can not predict the future guys, otherwise I wouldn't have to worry, I would just play the lottery and become a millionaire.

Don't misunderstand, I was just throwing out the suggestion that you end subscriptions and services that you don't absolutely need until you get this resolved (we take our trash to the dump for crying out loud). Netflix and Amazon Prime can cost anywhere from 20 to 30 a month, so that's something I've personally had to quit, but if you feel like you don't have any subscriptions or services you can cut back on then don't mind me.

In the other thread you said you bought two TV sets, two Nintendo 3DS, a Nintendo Switch, a PS4 and a computer.... 

Really? You need all that stuff when you're in financial trouble? 

I get that you want to enjoy some fun. So don't sell all of it. Keep just the minimum plus something (say, one TV, PC and one console). But you don't need it all. You bought too many gadgets when you weren't certain how things will go in the future (okay, you can't predict getting screwed over in an online order, but it wasn't news to you that your brother isn't going to be of much support in the financial department, was it? And you buying shit for him to waste time on instead of looking for jobs didn't do a lot to improve that). 

Look at it this way. All the things you get rid of now, in order to ease the pressure of bills and loan payments, will be easier to get back in the future when you're not caught in a debt avalanche. 

I'm sorry for being so blunt. I could just say 'don't worry about it', and 'everything is going to be okay', but that was not going to make your problems go away, and the way I see it, you kind of were setting yourself up for trouble, spending money on unnecessary stuff and keeping no reserve to fall back on if shit were ever to hit the fan. 

So yeah. Sell something to get some weight off your back. Your brother certainly doesn't need any gaming equipment if he didn't work for it. Get rid of it. It will motivate him to get off his ass a lot more likely than him still having the option of staying sat down at a TV set and a video game console. 

Downsize your cellular data service if necessary. And if you pay for your brother's cellular service, then definitely curb it. Anything above 500 to 1000 MB of cellular data per month is not necessary for job searching and would only serve him as a way of wasting time on the internet with games and shit. No job, no fun.

What ever you do, ask yourself this: if you keep all of the things you have, is it because you genuinely need them to keep your sanity, or is it because you just want to keep them, and/or can't admit it to yourself that you can't afford to? 

A lot of things we deal with in life are as much how we view them as it is their real affects on us. I'm in the worst financial situation I've been in in decades, and this time round with very little means of improving this. Right now if I had a windfall of $1500 I would darn near feel rich and could get things set up to where the next few months would ensure a decent year ahead. So yeah, seen this way it's a lot of money. But over a whole year's time it's just $4.11 a day which I could probably manage to come up with at least half of that without hurting severely for the effort. As it happens I owe that exact amount to my sister who kindly loaned it to me to get my car fixed. Somehow I'm going to repay her though it's not going to be all that easy. Which it would have been a few years ago. So as soon as I can scrounge the few bucks I need for parts to (hopefully) make my second car run I'm going to sell it. If I can sell it running it will pay more than scrap prices so it's my best approach. I'm also going to be selling some other stuff I've acquired over time that isn't needed by me anymore. Craigslist will help me there even if that won't get me top price. I'd like to keep a lot of that stuff but I simply can't now, and I can live without it. I'll soon be changing my phone plan to a cheaper one. I've already switched to my cheapest possible option for the diapers I need even though I hate doing that. I've gone to eating as cheaply as I can which wasn't too far from where I already was but every cent I save helps immensely. It isn't easy nor does it make me happy but it's necessary and I can live through it which is all that matters to me. Unlike you, there's no happy ending possible to my story but you've got a chance for a happy future if you can get past this so you should change how you look at it and see it as a one-time temporary setback which you can get through at just $4.11 a day. Which isn't much if you look at it that way.

Bettypooh

I'll be in decent shape when I start getting normal checks again, down to under $100 in the bank as I has just got a check for like 21.00 or something (1 day of pay, minus union fees, taxes, and $55 for insurance), all the devices I already had, except the Switch and a cheap TV were the only 2 recent acquisitions; and I'm getting back to taking away the entertainment while I'm at work.

Just did 24 hours of work yesterday and today, 2 more 12s next week (plus 3 8s), even if I have any weeks off it will still end up being more than $21.00 pay because it would be a layoff if it happens and not me being fired for something I did, I would of got 4 12s next week, but they demoted a lousy mechanic to do what I do and help me out (which is needed anyways, as I'm one of few people always working my position after temps got laid off, people got suspended for being stupid, and some people up and left the job for who knows why).

Its gonna be a lot better than I made it out to be, still sucks but if overtime keeps happening I can pay extra money to the debt collector, not to mention at least part of whatever I get back in taxes; I'm planning on getting the $1500 paid off in 6 months or less, depending on how much overtime keeps happening and what I get in taxes in a couple months.

• Like 2

As i and others said  it wasent  the end  of the earth you  thought it would be .

and  from were im standing   i say you doing  a great   job in getting this mess  takend care  of dear

Shore it sucks   BUT  as long as you can keep this up  the faster  you can get back on track again   :67_EmoticonsHDcom:        

• Like 1

You're on the right path now :thumbsup:

Life is full of glitches so don't let yourself get bummed out over them. Persist toward your goals and you'll reach them; you can do anything that's physically possible to do as long as you keep pushing forward. The world looks brighter when you have an "I can do this" mindset, and focusing on that helps make getting past the glitches easier B)

Bettypooh

• 4 weeks later...

I am confused as to what the debt's legitimacy is. I heard something about automatic billing and diet pills. If you think it is a scam, don't pay. Call VISA or MasterCard to get this settled if they already took money from you as it sounds like it is on a credit card. Your bank can also be of assistance.

Does anyone disagree that this sort of trickery should be illegal?

I will fully explain the diet pill scam

So at some point I had ordered a sample of diet pills, like a week later they had sent out a months supply (or more) of diet pills that i never asked for, and they had charged over $400 for it

I explained to Capital One (the one i had the credit card with) that 1. I never asked to be sent a bunch of diet pills, and 2. I never received them

So they took off the money from my account for maybe a day or two

Then i realize it was back on my account, they asked me to send in a letter to plead my case, so I did.

And then they still didn't take the money off of my account.

Apparently tracking that says it delivered to my town (a small town, but still probably 200 or 300 houses) must mean I have the pills and that logic got applied to why I was required to pay for them.

So i didn't, the account went into collections and Capital One had people calling me every day to harass me like "wheres my money" ; so not wanting to hear it and not having spare money anyways I blocked them.

And then a few months ago (a while after the diet pill scam) this fiasco happened where it went to a debt collector threatening legal action in my county court and eventually a letter from the county clerks desk.

So I had to agree to pay them and did and settled for close to what I actually owe, it still sucks though.

Well i dont  disagree  and sadly we have this  cind  of  scams  over here as well  so  the mistakes  you  made was    

A  )   You DIDENT bother to read the fine  print   Were it probably says  that  if  accepting this  samples  you automatically accept  and   runing  subscription  of  diet  pills for the  amount  of  400  Dollars  /month    etc.....         

B )   You dident  contacted  said   company  and  detest  said  shipment  & also inform them that you never  received  said  shipment   .     

Thats  problem indeed   but as im unfamiliar  with the  postage  laws  in Us  and youre state  i cant say  either way  on that one (over here they can track  ALL the way until actually delivery )       

Unfortunately thats  again were you  made the mistake  of  NOT paying & dident   contact  the pill company   and   state  that you dident  get  youre  pills (the problem here is  that its youre word against theres im afraid )     

C) and thats  the mistake    you should have  stated   that you did  not  get the  pills  and therefore  you cant  possibly be required   to pay for merchandises  you did  not  receive  .  When you just   block them they will get  angry and they WILL come at you with everything they got  im afraid 

Its  unfortunate  i agree   but  based  on what have  been discibed  here  by you id still say you did  the best  thing   by accept  defeat  on this one  as you things  would  have  gone  REALLY   bad  if you hadent       

I agree   and  now you hopefully learnt  youre lesson    ALWAYS   read the fine  print  before    accepting ANY    samples  ,free  gifts  etc....     one golden rule  we have over here  is  if something  sounds  to good  to be true   its  usely isent. And  this  fee  sample samples  is  USELY attached  with the fine print  of you  getting in deal with said  company to recive on  regular basis   more of said   merchandise  (or  like they have here  with phones  and   I pads     get the  phone /I pad   cheep  sign up for  a  monthly  mobile  phone subscription  fore   usely  1 -2  years   

This cind  of  company's  LIVE   on those that dont bother to read   the  fine print   and just see A  free sample  or cheep merchendice                            

It's not over yet. Capitol one is clearly not on your side, but call Visa or MasterCard depending on who services your card and contest the charge. If you did not get anything, you have a really good shot of getting your money back.

Once that is done, cut up your card. Capitol one is an awful bank to deal with.

12 minutes ago, Diapered Jason said:

It's not over yet. Capitol one is clearly not on your side, but call Visa or MasterCard depending on who services your card and contest the charge. If you did not get anything, you have a really good shot of getting your money back.

I agree  but in the mean time  PAY  said  buils  and HONER youre agreement tho  if you win then you get youre money back , BUT if you try to withhold  said previously agreed on payments  things will  NOT  end well .               

23 hours ago, Baby Girl Sarah said:

I agree  but in the mean time  PAY  said  buils  and HONER youre agreement tho  if you win then you get youre money back , BUT if you try to withhold  said previously agreed on payments  things will  NOT  end well .               

Yeah, you have to pay your credit card bill.

• Like 1

As long as the terms of an offer are clearly stated and not hidden, it's up to you to read them before accepting them. There's nothing illegal about it, but some of this borders on being immoral IMHO. As Bruce Williams often said, you are the one most capable of destroying yourself and all it takes is your signature. So I never sign anything or click on "I accept" until I read everything related to it and understand it completely. I'm sure you legally agreed to the deal even if you weren't aware of it which is why the bankers won't erase the charge for you like they would if it were a scam. Just learn from this, pay it off, and don't make the mistake again.

I try to see everyone in this world as a potential friend, but in business and financial matters I see them all as my potential enemy who want to get all they can from me without giving me an equal return. By business I mean anything with an "accept" button or which requires my signature or implicit agreement. Trust but verify before acting- honest people won't mind you doing that.

Bettypooh

On 1/30/2019 at 9:28 AM, Diapered Jason said:

You aren't listening, I tried and they refused to take it off my bill, at this point I have to pay a debt collector, Capital One isn't involved at this point

3 hours ago, Bettypooh said:

As long as the terms of an offer are clearly stated and not hidden, it's up to you to read them before accepting them. There's nothing illegal about it, but some of this borders on being immoral IMHO. As Bruce Williams often said, you are the one most capable of destroying yourself and all it takes is your signature. So I never sign anything or click on "I accept" until I read everything related to it and understand it completely. I'm sure you legally agreed to the deal even if you weren't aware of it which is why the bankers won't erase the charge for you like they would if it were a scam. Just learn from this, pay it off, and don't make the mistake again.

I try to see everyone in this world as a potential friend, but in business and financial matters I see them all as my potential enemy who want to get all they can from me without giving me an equal return. By business I mean anything with an "accept" button or which requires my signature or implicit agreement. Trust but verify before acting- honest people won't mind you doing that.

Bettypooh

Like I said, I couldn't hit a but to see what I was agreeing to, that is the whole problem.

If there's no way to see the terms you would be agreeing to that would render the contract legally invalid, You'd need a lawyer to look into that but if true, then you can sue for damages as well as all the costs involved. By law all contracts must have everything each party is agreeing to clearly spelled out in them, and only what is described is enforceable. If they didn't have this then it's clear-cut fraud and there's a big chunk of money to be had.

Bettypooh