Coke or Pepsi?

bigtoddler96

Coke or Pepsi?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Coke or Pepsi?

• Coke
    • Pepsi

Coke; did you ever try and snort Pepsi?

At the time of his birth in 1932 my husband inherited a significant amount of Coke common stock. Once he could buy stock as investment he began to by Pepsi, 7-up, Canada Dry and other soft drinks. His theory is that people will always buy soft drinks, but nor always the same brand. He has found both Coke and Pepsi to be efficiently well-run corporations. These days we invest about equally in both companies.

Even before we met I preferred Coke. He feels the same way. I now drink more club soda than Coke. He drinks Coke diluted with 3 parts club soda so he gets the Coke taste with fewer calories. Neither of us consume diet drinks.

Personally I like Dr. Pepper best -

But things do go better with Coke ! The real deal !

Have you ever heard of Rum and Pepsi - somebody needs to have their diapers changed ?

The sugar or sugar byproduct faux or otherwise is the taste factor between the two.

Beware being on a Norwegian cruise ship - they only have Pepsi - no other soft drinks or WATER even allowed on board !

4 hours ago, bigtoddler96 said:

Even though it has nothing to do with diapers, but I wonder how the DD community prefers Coke or Pepsi. Which soda or pop do you like better? For me, I prefer Pepsi because it tastes sweeter.

Probably because you never got off of your formula !  LOL !

3 hours ago, dyperbole said:

Here in the South we drink all kinds of Coke -- Coke, Pepsi, RC, Jolt, etc.

Poor Pepsi -- their slogan in the South is "Is Pepsi OK?".

Isn't the term down south Sody POP or just simply "POP" ?

Dr. Pepper! ?

I voted Pepsi.  I'm not a fan of plain Coke. Unless it's Coke and rum. Yum!   I'll drink either Pepsi or Coke with cherry grenadine syrup mixed in, topped off with a maraschino cherry or two. 

In an effort to be healthier and watch my weight, I don't drink pop a lot.  The only time I have it is on the rare occasions I eat out, so I view it more as a treat. 

Growing up I was 100% a Coke man (well, occasionally RC Cola).     When I switched to diet soda, I found I prefer Diet Pepsi to anything Coke offers (Tab, DietCoke, Coke Zero).   Actually, I really liked Pepsi Lite when it was still on the market.

This is where the cultural divide across the Atlantic is undeniable.  I know what Pepsi and Coke taste like.  I wish I could forget.  I'll stick to tea, and a glass or two of wine, & the occasional beer.  That's when I'm pretending to be grown up.  Otherwise milk.

My preference is Dr. Pepper, which is a Pepsi product here. Working at a grocery store you see the guy that stocks the Coke products and the guy that stocks the Pepsi products. They tell me it varies from what area you live in as to which brand it falls under. I have kind of a weird mixture when it comes to filling my mug from the fountain; I put 2/3 diet Dr. Pepper, 1/3 regular Dr. Pepper and a hint of Cherry Pepsi. When I am at home I put two capfuls of Rum in it and mix that in. When I am at a bar or concert venue, my drink of choice is Coke and Rum like many here have mentioned. 

On 12/24/2018 at 9:57 PM, BabyLock said:

Personally I like Dr. Pepper best -

But things do go better with Coke ! The real deal !

Have you ever heard of Rum and Pepsi - somebody needs to have their diapers changed ?

The sugar or sugar byproduct faux or otherwise is the taste factor between the two.

Beware being on a Norwegian cruise ship - they only have Pepsi - no other soft drinks or WATER even allowed on board !

Probably because you never got off of your formula !  LOL !

Isn't the term down south Sody POP or just simply "POP" ?

No the term down south regardless of brand is coke 

Example 

Waitress what would you like to drink 

Me coke 

Waitress what kind of coke 

Me Dr pepper 

See any type of soda in the south is called coke don't matter if its actually coca cola or not 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, dyperbole said:

Mr. Pibb + Red Vines = Crazy Delicious

Mr. Pibb is Coca Cola's answer to Dr. Pepper.

I use Coca Cola to clean rusty metal. It is so efficient at that, I would never drink it. when I was a kid, I used to repair bicycles. One day I had a seat post that was rusted tight and wouldn't budge. I poured Coke on it and let it set while I ate lunch. After lunch, the post pulled right out without even using a wrench on it.

3 hours ago, BabyJune said:

I use Coca Cola to clean rusty metal. It is so efficient at that, I would never drink it. when I was a kid, I used to repair bicycles. One day I had a seat post that was rusted tight and wouldn't budge. I poured Coke on it and let it set while I ate lunch. After lunch, the post pulled right out without even using a wrench on it.

Yeah - Coca Cola was the original WD40 stuff - nasty frozen lug nuts on a car - things go better with coke off the lug nuts came.

It helped that the drink had carbonation - the old method of using penetrating oil and rapping with hammer to start the loosening process the carbonation did it for you.

Ah the tricks of a bygone era - a brillo pad (steel wool pad) and a little coke and voila any rusty surface was back to almost virgin - some elbow grease required !