LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Family friend a bedwetter but will not wear diapers

deewet

Hasn't shown up for some time now but with summer approaching again and new couches up and down stairs now, certain this will come up again in next few months.  Will advise outcome!

I'd tell him if he plans to stay over, he needs to BYOB and not, "Bring Your Own Bottle".  It's "Bring Your Own Bed" weather that be a sleeping bag or blow up futon.  Even with a sleeping bag on the floor, I would put a large garbage bag under it so the carpet doesn't get wet.  As I said before, you can't force him to wear a diaper, but in your house you can set the rules such as no sleeping over or you bring your own portable bed to sleep on.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, oldwetter66 said:

I allways bring A diaper with when I stay some place other than home.

I always bring nappies and plastic pants plus bed protection when I stay away from home.

9 hours ago, stevewet said:

I always bring nappies and plastic pants plus bed protection when I stay away from home.

I havent slept away from home for a long time due to health issues that make it difficult to travel. But I agree that its better to be prepared. In the old days I sometimes took a folded up plastic sheet and diapers. The motels on my regular route when I had to travel for work knew of my issue and took precautions. Now theres disposable products. I wonder if the disposable bedwetting pads work well for adults? Do they make them specifically for adult bedwetters or heavy wetters?

On 12/24/2018 at 6:59 AM, deewet said:

My married daughter has had to put up with her husbands friend who has wet the bed for ever, but recently is about to ban him from their house because of his consistent habit.

The last straw was at a recent party, where he stayed over because of his drinking, and ended up wetting on a couch and blanket.  While he brings a change of clothes for himself, he refuses to do anything to prevent peeing on whatever he is on when going to sleep.  As my wife has a young child that she does not want influenced, she is adamant that this is no longer acceptable behavior for this "old friend" of her hubby, and unless he wears some protection, should be banned from their house going forward.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to tell this guy that he has to wear diapers for not only his benefit but  also his friends as destroying furniture and bedding not your own is simply not acceptable behavior for a 30 something older guy?

Of course it would be best if the friend took ownership and used protection. And he certainly should never sleep on furniture like a couch. Somebody should discreetly talk to him. If he is there a lot though another option would be to have a place for him to sleep prepared, like maybe a cot or single bed in the basement with a protected mattress.  I dont think its worth embarassing a visitor about these things. Life happens. Bedwetting is not a major offense.

If someone else will not respect your property enough to protect it then you cause that to happen yourself, and if they don't like your terms and conditions then they're not welcome.

Only once have I leaked while visiting someone else's home and I was lucky that was while sitting on a vinyl-upholstered barstool.The moment I realized what was going on I invented an excuse to leave and manipulated myself to where my friends didn't see my backside. My pants took the hit, their barstool was dry because of that or at least as dry as it could be; no visible wetness. Perhaps they knew or now know of my wearing but there's been no indication of that.

Bettypooh

• Like 1
On 4/3/2019 at 3:25 PM, rubbersheetmike said:

I wonder if the disposable bedwetting pads work well for adults? Do they make them specifically for adult bedwetters or heavy wetters?

For adults, yes.  For heavy wetters, probably not.  Bedwetting pads are designed to provide extra protection in case one's diaper leaks, so they don't absorb that much.  A plastic/rubber sheet might be better, depending on the situation.

Bedpads tend to be minimally absorbent. They're meant to be used as secondary protection and for those whose limited mobility might not allow them to get out of bed before they begin leaking. They do OK for that and as chair protectors too if they're positioned correctly.

Bettypooh

Call them up ahead of the next event.

Hey billy bedwetter, I just wanted to let you know that if you come over you will need to either arrange a ride home or do something to prevent you wetting ourself when you pass out. We just replaced mattresses and sofas in the house and don’t want to get them stained.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My previous posts are still what I believe are the best, however one more bothersome and complicated option is to have him sign a waiver or contract stating if he decides not to do anything to prevent his damaging your furniture, he will have to pay you X number of dollars per piece of damaged furniture to replace it, including delivery costs and the cost of disposing of the ruined furniture.  Don't let him sleep over if he doesn't sign the waiver.  Then take him to small claims court if he refuses to pay after he signs the waiver, which will be a big time consuming hassle.  I still say if he plans to stay over, he needs to bring his own bed weather that be a sleeping bag or blow up futon.   As I said several times, you can't force him to wear a diaper, but in your house you can set the rules such as no sleeping over unless you bring your own portable bed to sleep on.

• 1 month later...

IF there is a next time, get with a lawyer if you have to, get a contractual agreement written up and such, give him a friendly warning and have him sign this contractual agreement which will open you up to being able to do the following... Have some diapers and Nitrile gloves ready, and also some baby powder and lotion too. And when he gets crud-faced and sloshed and passes out. Yank them pants down and slather him up with the lotion, and put some baby powder on once he's in the diaper, close that bad boy up, pull his pants back up and if he gets mad, angry or upset. It's going to be his own fault.

But, as it is your house, your rules and your life, you do what you want.