LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Family Diapers and the Holidays

I’ve had a bit of downtime with the holidays and thus indulging in diapers more then usual. I don’t wear 24/7 but use a lot of the time and am completely comfortable wearing in pretty much every situation even around friends who don’t know. The last bastion of my wearing that I still can’t get past is wearing around  family. I’m going to spend tine with my parents over Christmas and will certainly not be wearing around them during the day. It’s a nonstarter for me. I’m not sure why after years of accepting my need to wear diapers the idea of wearing around family is still such a turn off. Years of this hobby has made me know with certainty that most people have zero idea a person with a diaper under their pants is around them 

You know, even having an official reason to be wearing diapers, I still don't like my family members knowing. So much so, that my niece (and her parents), with whom I stayed many times for sleepovers, only learned about it very recently and not from me. I guess, you expect close people to start asking questions if they accidentally find out or something, and you can't just dismiss those questions, you actually have to answer them. Maybe it's also because they will worry much more, than friends or total strangers. I don't know...

Before I started wearing diapers permanently the hardest challenge was to figure out a way to wear diapers around those you love and around those you work with. After a year of doing both I can promise you if you can take the right steps to be diapered around your family discreetly and without them knowing. At the end of the day it is all about how you feel. If you're comfortable taking your diapers off for Christmas dinner then do so.

I know for me every time I took my diapers off to attend family events or for work it would bother me on the inside. I felt that I was unable to be what I need to be. My wife's concerns we're also always about wearing diapers around the family and to work but now that I've been doing so for over a year without anyone other than her noticing she has grown to realize that it just simply is not that big of a deal. I believe the only way my family would ever notice that I wear diapers is if I left a used one some where it does not belong. Family members and coworkers simply do not spend time staring at our padded bottoms. Another thing that is of upmost importance when wearing diapers around family or to work is that you act normal. Since those people know you the most generally they will be the ones most likely to notice if you're acting different. Of course there are always ways to meet halfway either by wearing maybe panties with maxi pads in them or pull ups. This way you still have padding where it belongs but you're not necessarily completely diapered.

I share this because I've been in that lonely place where you do not want to take your diaper off. For some of us the need is so real that we're really not happy unless we're in a diaper all the time and by forcing yourself to not tape one on all you are doing is making yourself unhappy and possibly those around you.

I lost the last of my limited bladder control at age 21. Of course my extended family knows about my urinary incontinence because so many of them also are incontinent. When I was first hired as an after-school typist by a law firm the femal attorney who hired me knew I wore diapers to bed. She also knew about my bladder problems after I graduated from law school before I was hired as an associate attorney. All of the partners knew about my incontinence when they elected me to partnership in 1993.

For the holidays at work I wear the same GoodNites Tru-Fit as I do the rest of the year. Those are discreet and effective. Off work, especially with family and ABDL pals I wear pinned gauze diapers inside vinyl panties. I break out my ginormous pink diaper bag with its matching changing pad and pockets for baby bottles, one of which holds a hairbrush.

Hey, if wearing around your family bothers you, I say don't do it.  If you have enough control to where you can go without diapers, then there really is no need to wear them around family at gatherings if you are uncomfortable.  i have said people need a healthy balance between diapers and the rest of their life.  This is a good chance to give diapers a rest for a few days, at least in the day around your family.  The thing that would bother me is if all my friends know and are OK about it, but one of them slips up and says something to a family member not knowing the family is unaware I wear diapers.  Hey, everyone.  If someone doesn't want to wear diapers around his family at a Christmas gathering, fine!  We don't have to try and encourage him to change his mind just because we like wearing diapers all the time!  It's like goading someone into sticking their tongue to a metal post in winter when you know it will stick!  I say go without your diapers and just enjoy the holiday and family!

• Like 1

I agree with @rusty pins assusming that wearing diapers around your family stresses you out and that you are happier without them.  I respect his ideas with balance of life and diapers.  @rusty pins however does not have a constant desire to be in diapers all the time.  That constant, undeniable and unrelenting need for diaper dependancy can be and is real for some of us. The fact that you have to remove your diapers for a family event makes you unhappy, uncomfortable, and even irritable.  Some of us can not truthfully move on with our lives until we are in diapers all the time and everywhere.  If that someone is you then I encourage you to find a way to wear around those you love in a discreet manner. 

My road to diaper dependancy is well documented here.  A balance between life and diapers for me was simply not going to work and I knew I needed to be in them always to include around family.  Once I made the really tough decision that I would wear diapers permanently my life is honestly so much better.  I can only speak from my own personal experience.  I have been that guy that hated having to take his diapers off.  I have felt those unhappy feelings.

Only you know what you need.  Only you know what makes you happy.  To wear or not to wear is all up to you.  In my opinion the answer should be what makes you personally happy.  Life is too short to be unhappy because you want to wear diapers but life is getting in the way.

During the holidays we put aside my AB/DL side. My fiance sister is the only one in the family that knows this side of me. Other family members know that I do wear diapers at night due to my medical issues. So during the time with family I use pads in my underwear thru out the day. Since we do travel to my fiance moms home in Northern Michigan which is about 4 hrs or so I do travel with a diaper on til we get there. Her mom knows this, and when we get there I change to regular underwear with a pad. She packs extra diapers in the suit case vs using the diaper backpack. She packs wipes, lotion, desitine, and powder in a suit case. I'm still diapered 1 hour before we go to bed while at her moms. The next morning I don't stay in a wet diaper like I do at home, usually my diaper is taken off within 15 min that morning. 

Lots of different options for navigating people’s desires around family during this time of year. I should say that I don’t feel bad about not wearing for a day or two or conflicted. I just found it interesting that while I’m completely confident in my using diapers, wearing around my family is still such a no go. That’s only me though and people can wear to whatever level makes them happy. I  do have bed wetting issues and will be sleeping in a diaper when visiting my folks.

1 hour ago, carsfan said:

Lots of different options for navigating people’s desires around family during this time of year. I should say that I don’t feel bad about not wearing for a day or two or conflicted. I just found it interesting that while I’m completely confident in my using diapers, wearing around my family is still such a no go. That’s only me though and people can wear to whatever level makes them happy. I  do have bed wetting issues and will be sleeping in a diaper when visiting my folks.

It is great you are able to do so.  It is the responsible and respecatable choice when around your family.

And as I stated, if you don't want to wear diapers around your family and have expressed that to people here, then we shouldn't be trying to change that person's mind and goad him into doing something he doesn't want, even though there are so many who embrace this lifestyle 24/7 and don't care who knows about it.  The situation could be reversed and people might be posting to the ones here who wear 24/7/365 that they should not wear diapers 24/7 no matter how much they want to.  Think about that.  How would you feel if someone tried to convince you not to wear your diapers 24/7?  The same situation applies to you trying to convince someone who doesn't want to wear his diapers around his family to just go ahead and wear them 24/7 anyway.