LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The New Normal (Finished!)

Elfy

James has found a much needed ally but their bonds are tested very quickly. Meanwhile James' family have started preparations for a party... Another thing for James to worry about!

---

This update, like all updates to my stories, has been available on Patreon for one week. It is only thanks to the generosity of patrons that I'm able to post as often as I do. For $5 a month you can see all my public stories in one place as well as getting early access to them, for $10 a month you can get the early access PLUS exclusive stories. There are other tiers and rewards on my Patreon page and I invite everyone to check it out, all support means a heck of a lot to me :)

https://www.patreon.com/Elfy88

I would like to give a big thank you to all of my patrons without whose support I wouldn't be able to do this: DannyDazzler, Jerry J, PF, Jeebs018, Georgia C, Joe, Whatsnot, Camilo H, Jason M, Seamus B, Jeffrey G, Adam Y, Charlie S, Martijn de J, Robert D A, Tim, Phantom Sonic, Kristoffer M B, Vivi L, Sith, Mike S, Dr J, Archibald B, Bojack D, Blipp, Duncan G, Jake W, Tabbi, Anon, Kent J, Brandon G, P74_1986, LuvsSissy, DreaR, Alex B, Malcolm E, Pete W, Cless, Frank S, PatheticABDL, Joshua M, NunyoBC, Kim, S Miller, Britnee L, Tim F, WillNotWill, Orion F, Tom H, Sterling W, Ryan, Jens B, Matthew S, Charles L, Trenton M, Bobbob138, Miguel A, Bask25456, Miss X, Phantomsmkr528, MagmaLord, Diapering Daddy, Pierry L, Trish C, Curiosity24, Peter C, VoidofContext, ReiofLight, James K, Anne Mette B-H, Kirk H, Mikkel L, Eric D, Bruce D, Alice W, Findlay, Bob S, Timothy A W, Erik P, Ben R, Ben F, Steven H

---

As soon as he walked through the front door he saw his sister in the hallway as if she had been waiting for him. She looked nervous but was trying to put a brave look on her face.

“I’ve been waiting for you.” Katie said as she indicated the living room, “I was looking out the window. How was practice?”

“I need a change.” Was all James could reply as he took his shoes off and went straight for the stairs.

“Oh…” Katie looked a little disappointed. It seemed like she had hoped that he would’ve made it through the day without issue.

“Sorry to disappoint you.” James said with a little bitterness.

“It’s OK.” Katie quickly recovered her smile, “Have yourself a nice shower and a fresh diaper. You’ll feel as good as new.”

James doubted a new diaper would make him feel that good but he trooped up the stairs regardless. He quickly dropped his bags in his room and then hustled into the bathroom where he stripped down to his diaper. James slowly pulled the tapes away and lowered the messy padding, he nearly gagged as the seal against his skin was broken and he saw that his poopy accident had gone all over.

James balled the diaper up and taped it closed. As he waited for the water to warm up he cracked open a window and enjoyed the fresh air, this was becoming a depressingly familiar routine for the young adult who was still struggling to come to terms with his need for diapers.

Stepping into the shower James felt a great relief as the water washed away the excrement that was coating his skin. The water cleaned more than just his body though and he felt his mind relax after all the stress of the day. He closed his eyes and tilted his head back as he enjoyed the feeling of water running down him.

“Don’t mind me. I’m just taking your things for washing.” Katie’s voice suddenly appeared next to the bath and James only just heard it over the sound of the shower.

“Katie!” James suddenly jerked his eyes open and reached down to cover himself up, “What are you doing!?”

“You left the door unlocked and I thought I’d come help with your washing.” Katie stood up straight and smiled, “Come on brother, it’s nothing I haven’t seen when changing you.”

“This is different!” James replied indignantly, “It feels different…”

“Alright. I’m sorry for coming in, I’ll just take all this away for you.” Katie picked up the pile of clothes and the used diaper, “Geez, this thing is heavy.”

James watched Katie leave and as the door closed he tried to relax into his shower again. It wouldn’t work, he tried to clear his mind but it was impossible to get back into that mind-set again and he disappointedly climbed out of the shower a few minutes later. He felt clean but not as relaxed as he had been. He dried and waited in the bathroom with his towel for a bit before wrapping it around his waist and walking out of the steamy room.

When James stepped into his bedroom he wasn’t surprised to see Katie sitting on his bed with a new diaper outstretched for him to get into. James looked at it with disappointment and was a little annoyed that his sister had invited herself into the room.

“I can do that myself.” James said sulkily as he gestured towards the diaper on the mattress. He walked to his wardrobe to get some clothes out.

“You know mom and dad wouldn’t want me to let you do that.” Katie replied, “Besides I like doing it, I feel like it brings up closer.”

James sighed but knew that his sister was right. Chris and Cathy would likely really want Katie to change him rather than leaving it to himself, especially after his rather poor attempt at self-diapering at college.

Letting his towel drop to the ground next to the bed James got on top of the new diaper, his naked body was still a little wet from the shower. It was strange but he meant what he had said in the shower, despite him still being naked it felt a lot different to be naked on a diaper compared to in the shower, it somehow felt much more acceptable.

“I hope you don’t mind but after our conversation about you feeling good with the sippy cup and stuff I bought you something that might help you relax a bit more.” Katie was fiddling with her fingers and James thought she looked a little nervous. Her nervousness made him nervous about what she was going to bring out.

James watched as Katie stuck her hand into her pocket and pulled out a small piece of plastic with a latex bulb. James instantly recognised the item as being the very distinctive shape of a pacifier. He was immediately horrified that Katie would ever think this was something he would want and he sat up with wide-eyes.

“A pacifier!?” James exclaimed as he shook his head, “W-Why?”

“Just hear me out.” Katie put her arms out to relax her younger brother, “You said the diapers and sippy cup helped you relax, right?”

“Well… Yeah…” James slowly admitted.

“Then maybe the soother will help too.” Katie reasoned, “Mom and dad don’t know about it yet. I thought you could try it and if you don’t like it no one would ever need to know.”

“But I’m not a baby!” James whined.

“I know that.” Katie smiled and rubbed her brother’s arm, “But remember what we talked about? If it helps you relax and stay calm then why not do it?”

James looked really unsure. He was looking at the pacifier with a lot of trepidation, he had to admit that he was somewhat curious if it would have the same calming effect as the sippy cup but he still couldn’t bring himself to reach out and take it.

Katie reached her arm out slowly with the pacifier sticking out invitingly for James to take it. The latex bulb brushed against James’ lips and he tried to decide what to do. He looked at Katie’s warmly smiling face and slowly opened his mouth. The pacifier was pushed in slowly until the plastic mouth guard bounced against his face. He felt stupid and immediately brought a hand up to pull it out.

“Just leave it in for a little bit.” Katie said as she put her hand up to stop James, “For me?”

James lowered his hand again and laid back down. The pacifier seemed very distracting as he felt the sprinkling of fresh baby powder over his crotch he moved the soother around with his tongue a little bit. Despite feeling a bit silly he did find the object in his mouth quite calming. He could feel himself relaxing as the front of his diaper was lifted up between his legs and taped tightly closed. By the time Katie was finished with the changing he didn’t feel nearly as silly to have the pacifier in his mouth.

“Mom and dad went out to get takeaway tonight.” Katie said as she walked towards the door, “Dinner shouldn’t be too far away.”

James nodded with slightly rosy cheeks as he stayed on his bed until Katie departed. He reached down with his hands and pushed the puffy padding against himself, it felt like security as if just having a clean and dry diaper on meant that nothing bad could happen to him. He smiled around his mouth guard as he stood up to the sound of his diaper crinkling.

The diaper crinkled loudly as James walked around to his computer and started having a look at some things online. He had been sat there for about fifteen minutes before he heard the door open downstairs and his parents coming home with food.

James switched his computer off and stood up with a stretch. Now that a lot of the air within the diaper had been squeezed out he could feel it hugging him a little more tightly, he was glad he had kept it clean and dry for dinner though.

When James heard plates being placed on the table he started walking out of his room and down the stairs. It was only as he nearly reached the lower floor of the house that he remembered to pull the pacifier out of his mouth. James was shocked at how quickly the childish soother had become so normal that he had almost forgotten about it. He hadn’t put any pants on over his diaper so he had nowhere to hide it.

James quickly ran back upstairs and left it on top of his bedside drawers. By the time he got down to the dining room table he had a plate waiting for him with a burger and some fries. He smiled as he came and sat down, his diaper crinkling loudly on contact with the chair. James didn’t feel particularly embarrassed to openly wear his diaper by this stage since it was nothing all three of his other family members hadn’t seen many times.

Dinner was no different to any other meal. James quietly ate as his family talked and laughed about their days. He felt quite at home around his family now even when his diaper was so clearly on display.

“Oh, by the way, I’ve invited some family and friends over on Friday night.” Cathy tossed out rather casually towards the end of the meal, “I thought it would be nice to have a little homecoming party before your big game.”

James looked up at his mother rather nervously. The last thing he wanted was for more people to be exposed to him in this diapered state, he was already dreading the important football game at the weekend and the last thing he needed was more reason to worry.

“Oh, that’ll be nice.” Katie said with a smile.

“I’ll have to order in extra food.” Chris added as he chewed.

James felt really anxious now but as the other members of his family looked at him for a response he felt it would be impossible to shoot the idea down. His family had all been so understanding despite these huge changes and he really didn’t want to disappoint them, he reasoned that if nothing else he could wear his baggy pants and then stay away from everyone the whole evening.

“I guess it could be fun.” James eventually said with a nervous smile, “May I be excused?”

“Of course.” Cathy reached over and tussled James’ hair a little. She smiled at him warmly as she collected the plates up.

James stood up with yet another flourish of crinkles and hurried away from the table without another word. As he walked up the stairs he felt the slightest need to urinate and decided to just let it go there and then. He continued up to his bedroom as he liberally peed in his padding and he only stopped as he sat back down at his computer.

“Hey James! It’s Danny, are you alright?” Danny had sent James a message whilst he had been away. He was still online so James decided to reply.

“Hi Danny. Yeah, I’m fine thanks.” James didn’t know what else to put after his embarrassing episode earlier that day. He wondered what Danny really thought of him now, it was hard to believe the tall and athletic wide receiver would see James in the same light.

“Sweet!” Danny replied quickly, “The rest of practice went fine but you do not need to worry about your spot on the team…”

“Smith was that bad?” James asked. Smith was the backup quarterback, the one who had filled in after James had filled his pants.

“He doesn’t have half the arm that you do.” Danny replied, “He kept getting the plays wrong too. It was honestly a nightmare. Coach ended the practice early.”

James had mixed emotions at the news that his backup wasn’t very good. On the one hand it was nice to be valued by team mates and have his abilities praised but on the other it meant that he would definitely need to be there for his friend in front of all those scouts.

“Something troubling you?” Danny messaged after a minute had gone by without James saying anything.

“There is, to be honest.” James replied after another small pause.

“I’m here for you. What’s wrong?” Danny asked.

“What if I have a repeat of earlier during the game?” James asked, “What if I need to go to the bathroom really quickly…”

“That’s a tricky one.” Danny admitted, “Is there any way to make sure you use the diaper before the game?”

James didn’t like talking to Danny about the diapers. It was still a very sore subject for him and it felt so much less secret when the word was thrown around so casually. He thought about Danny’s question but was honestly unsure if there was a way to make sure he wouldn’t need to use his diaper during the big game.

“I don’t know.” James said, “Maybe?”

“We’ll figure it out.” Danny relied. He followed his message up with a smiling emote.

Eventually James started feeling tired and started getting ready for bed. It was as he turned off his computer and stood up that he realised that he had thoroughly soaked his diaper without even noticing it was happening. It was a very disconcerting feeling.

James laid down on top of his covers and knew that he really needed a change before bed. He was just so tired that he couldn’t be bothered to go find one of his parents. He just needed a little rest and decided he would shut his eyes for a few minutes before asking for a change. James closed his eyes and almost immediately drifted off into sleep.

---

The room was dark and James felt a person near him. He could hear noises of drawers opening and closing and he felt things being placed on the bed. It was only as his senses slowly returned to him that he realised his diaper was open and his crotch was exposed.

“What’s going on?” James asked sleepily as he squinted his eyes to see in the darkness.

“Shh, it’s OK, just go back to sleep.” Cathy’s voice was barely above a whisper.

As James raised his head and tried to see what was happening he felt the latex teat of a pacifier being pushed against his lips. He almost automatically opened his mouth to accept the toddler soother, he closed his lips and held the pacifier in place as his mom withdrew her hand.

“I saw this on your desk.” Cathy whispered as she made James jump with some cold baby wipes, “It’s cute.”

James was too tired to feel any strong emotions but he did smile bashfully in the darkness. He laid back and closed his eyes as the soaked diaper was pulled out from underneath him. He must’ve fallen straight back asleep because that was the last thing he remembered of that night.

When James’ eyes fluttered open the next morning it was with his alarm clock beeping loudly in his ear. He slowly reached over to shut it off and felt his waist crinkling as he did so, he looked down at his diaper and slowly remembered the late night change he had experienced. He was quite happy to see that his diaper was only a little damp this morning.

James stretched and stood up before belatedly realising he still had his pacifier in, he must have been sucking on it all night. He pulled it out and felt drool drip down his chin, wiping the wet teat James placed the soother into his bag along with two spare diapers and some wipes. He didn’t have much time to hang around this morning and he briefly wondered if he should get his diaper changed before leaving for college. He reached down between his legs to probe his own padding, he was only a little wet and this diaper could almost certainly take more punishment.

Shrugging his shoulders James got dressed and hurried downstairs to his car. The drive to the campus was easy and quiet but the sight of the large football field gave him an involuntary shudder when he stepped out of the car. Time was quickly ticking away and he would not be able to avoid the nightmare that was ahead.

James took his bag and walked into the building. He headed straight for his classroom and sat down in his usual spot before anyone else had a chance to arrive, he knew he was early but he was OK with that. James took all his supplies out of his bag and his hand briefly brushed against the diapers and pacifier, he only managed to pull himself away when he heard the door open as someone else entered.

The room gradually filled up and one of the last people to come in was Danny. He scanned the room as soon as he walked in and hurried over to sit next to James, he gave his best friend and quarterback a smile.

The class was boring but James knew it would be from the moment he sat down. The professor that took this class was very old school and he didn’t broker much in terms of debate or conversation, his classes were generally about listening to him speak and writing as much of it down as you could.

James barely had time to mutter a quick hello to Danny before the teacher started talking in his droning voice. Everyone started furiously scribbling notes and James was amongst them, he yawned as he tried to keep up but it was difficult when the old professor talked so quickly and in a deep monotone drawl. James was far from the only person who looked like they were having trouble paying attention and soon he was resting his head in his hands.

With his eyes telling him he needed more sleep James couldn’t help but drift away to sleep before quickly jumping awake again. He tried to wake himself up but it was like his brain was determined to make him sleep. Eventually his head was resting on his hands and he could no longer force himself awake, it was impossible for him to know how long he was sitting there sleeping when he felt someone urgently prodding his arm.

“Huh?” James suddenly jumped awake and heard some giggling around the class as well as some whispering. There was a very strange atmosphere in the room as everyone looked at James, he assumed they’d all noticed him sleeping at first.

“Dude, come on…” Danny was pulling James to his feet urgently. He was already holding James’ bag.

“Wha-” James was about to ask what was happening when he suddenly noticed a strange odour in the air.

“We have to go.” Danny muttered as everyone stared at the two boys, “It’s an emergency.”

James started following his taller friend out of the room and could feel the distinct slippery feeling of poop in his diaper. He was shocked, had his body just let go whilst he was asleep?

The muttering continued as Danny pulled James around all the desks and to the exit of the classroom. James was still really confused but he could see people holding their noses and it was clear his accident was no secret, even the older professor who usually let nothing stop his lectures was frowning at James.

“We, erm, just got a text… Family emergency.” Danny quickly said as he tried to cover for his friend even though the strong smell of James’ messy accident was making people almost wretch. There was no way the people in that room didn’t know the truth.

James got out into the hallway and immediately hit himself in the head. His eyes were tearing up and he felt so stupid to have allowed himself to make a mess in the middle of class like that, surely now it would only be a matter of time before his secret was out.

Danny followed James out and when he saw the diapered man standing at the locker he walked over and put his arm around him. He muttered that they had to go and James was not in a position to disagree, he allowed Danny to pull him away from the scene of the crime as the sloppy contents of his diaper spread.

James didn’t know where he was being taken but he wasn’t going to complain even as he felt a lurching feeling in this tummy. He knew he hadn’t completely emptied his bowels yet. He was pulled through a part of the college that he hadn’t visited since he had first arrived for orientation. It was a reception area.

“Wait here.” Danny told his friend as they stood outside some toilets.

James looked around at the passing people and felt very insecure about his diaper. He slowly backed against the wall but regretted it as soon as he felt the sticky fullness spread over his butt. He winced and stepped away from the wall but the damage was already done and his bowels were still twisting painfully. James could see his friend at the reception desk and talking to the middle-aged lady behind it, she seemed to be listening intently and when Danny turned to point at James the messy boy looked away in embarrassment.

James looked back up to the she receptionist nodding her head and handing over a key. The wide receiver ran back across the increasingly crowded reception area to where James was standing. James didn’t know how bad he smelt but when he saw Danny wince when he got nearby he assumed it wasn’t good.

Danny stopped in front of the bathrooms. He ignored both the men’s and women’s room and stood in front of the unisex disabled bathroom. He stuck the large key into the lock and then gestured for James to follow him into the room. James didn’t waste any time as he hurried inside the large restroom, he heard Danny step in behind him and lock the door behind him.

“Do you think anyone noticed?” James asked as soon as the door was closed. He put his hand across his belly as he felt yet another twisting feeling go through his intestines.

“Do you want me to be honest?” Danny asked with a sympathetic smile.

“I guess…” James said hesitantly.

“Yeah, people noticed.” Danny shrugged, “They certainly knew something was up at least.”

James winced and looked away. He knew, deep inside, that he could never keep this quiet forever but he was hoping to keep it as hidden as he realistically could. He closed his eyes and sighed sadly.

“If it’s any consolation I don’t think everyone knew exactly what was wrong… Just that something was definitely going on.” Danny continued, “Oh, and you’re on the handicapped list of students now…”

“What!?” James exclaimed.

“It was the only way the receptionist would give me the key!” Danny countered, “I’m sorry, dude. My options were limited!”

James nodded his head. It seemed like he would be lucky to keep his embarrassing secret hidden until the end of the day, things were spiralling out of control.

“So… How do you want to do this?” Danny asked.

“I can do it myself...” James said quickly, “I mean, I’m not very good at putting them on but…”

“I’ll help.” Danny said with a nervous smile.

“No!” James shouted a little too loudly. His voice echoed around the room a little, “I don’t want you to do that. I really appreciate everything you’ve done but that’s too mu-”

James hadn’t finished his sentence when he felt one final devastating cramp that forced him to almost involuntarily bend over and push. With an embarrassing fart he felt one last rush of soft feces get pushed into his diaper which tightened around the front as the back bulged out. James had no way of stopping the soiling from happening so he just squatted a little lower to get it over with quicker.

It was over just as fast as it had started and James straightened up to feel the fresh poop press against him. He saw Danny staring at him with a mouth that was wide open from shock.

“You… You can go…” James muttered with tears in his eyes, “I’ll do this. I’ll see you tomorrow or something.”

Danny didn’t say anything but he nodded his head slowly as he backed out of the room. As soon as the door was closed again James hurried forwards to lock it and make sure no one came in.

With the room now empty apart from James it was remarkably quiet and as the young man waddled back into the middle of the room his crinkling echoed around the windowless walls. He was in shock at what was happening but he knew he had to get changed and out of here before someone came to investigate or something. James saw a table that he could use for changing next to the sinks.

James opened his bag and pulled out his spare diaper and some wipes. He carried them over to the table and winced with each and every step. He put the spare diaper and wipes on the sink right next to the table and then jumped up to prepare for his change.

James winced hard as he sat on his diaper and felt the oozing mess within spread even further around the area. He laid back slowly and prepared for the unenviable task of cleaning himself up.

When James pulled the tapes away the smell in the room grew ten times worse. He winced as he lowered the front of the diaper down and saw the full extent of what he had done. It wasn’t a pretty sight and James quickly grabbed some wet wipes to start cleaning himself up. It took a long time to wipe himself off and even when he had seemingly wiped every inch of his crotch and butt he still felt dirty, the wipes were clean but mentally it was hard to forget what he had done.

James wasted no time in sitting up and folding his diaper up into a ball. He was glad to drop it into the trash can along with the many used wipes, thankfully the trash can had an airtight lid which would do a lot to help with the smell problem even though the room already smelled very strongly of James’ bowel movements.

Without delay James unfolded his next diaper and quickly laid it out on the table. He hopped back up and sat down on top of the padding, he laid flat against the table and pulled the new padding up between his legs. James hurriedly taped the diaper closed as fast as he could and stood back up, the diaper wasn’t as tight as he was used to but it would do until he got home at least.

James took a moment to make sure he had all his things and then, after a deep breath to steady himself, he walked out of the bathroom. His new key that opened all the disabled bathrooms went into his bag and he saw his pacifier again, he was tempted to put it in but knew the halls were still crowded.

Acting as confidently as he could, James stepped out of the bathroom and closed the door behind him. He thought he would be the most obvious person in the world and he expected everyone to be looking at him and laughing, he was happily surprised that no one was giving him a second look.

James half-expected to see Danny waiting for him in the hallway but he was gone. James didn’t blame his friend for leaving, he did tell him to go after all and he had been in the bathroom for a while.

James took the exit next to reception and walked around the building to the car park. As he took the circuitous route around the school he saw the large goalposts again, they seemed to be looming in the background a lot these days as a constant reminder of what was coming up. He tried to avoid looking at the football field that usually provided a solace from his stresses, he hadn’t felt that stress-free feeling in a while anywhere except at home.

The drive home was uneventful and when he walked in through the front door he went straight up to his room. He didn’t go down until he was called for dinner by which time his diaper was wet, he had dinner and happily talked to people until a certain subject was brought up.

“So our little pre-homecoming party is coming along nicely.” Cathy said, “Probably going to have around twenty people here.”

James froze with his fork halfway to his mouth and felt an involuntary shiver go down his spine. He took a moment to compose himself before he continued eating, he hoped no one noticed his reaction because they all seemed so excited about having a party and the last thing he wanted to do was spoil it for everyone.

“May I be excused?” James asked as he put his knife and fork down. He had only eaten half his dinner but his appetite had completely disappeared, the parts of his stomach not taken up by food were taken up by butterflies of nervousness.

“Of course…” Chris said as the family all looked at each other, “Everything OK?”

“Yes.” James said shortly as he pushed his chair back. He stood up and turned away from his family and hurried back up to his sanctuary.

James sat at his desk and looked down at his hands. He was deeply lost in thought as he considered all the ways the party could go horribly wrong. He envisioned different scenarios and shuddered as he saw the reactions of laughter and derision among the guests.

James was startled out of his reveries by a knock on the door. He had been so lost within his own head that he hadn’t even heard someone approaching, he didn’t even know how long he had been sitting there and worrying. The sun had sunk out of sight and his room was getting really quite dark.

“James?” It was Katie and she knocked on the door again.

“Come in.” James called out.

The door swung open slowly and Katie stepped in. She looked at the darkened room and frowned a little.

“Mind if I turn on the light?” Katie asked softly. When she saw James nod his assent in the gloom of the room she flicked the switch.

James shielded his eyes as they adjusted to the light and he heard Katie walk over to the drawers and pull out one of the diapers. James heard the distinct rustle of the padding as it was unfolded and placed on the bed.

“What’s wrong?” Katie asked as she walked around the bed and sat down behind James. She reached forward and swivelled James’ office chair around so they were looking at each other.

“I’m worried about the party.” James admitted right away, “Having all those people here whilst I’m in my diapers…”

“Is that all?” Katie looked somewhat relieved.

“It’s really embarrassing!” James replied quickly.

“I know, I know… But it’s not like they aren’t going to know already.” Katie shrugged.

“What do you mean?” James asked. His eyes had become wide and the colour drained from his face.

“Mom didn’t tell you?” Katie suddenly looked nervous and when she saw James’ bemused face, “I thought she would’ve told you… She put a note out on the family group messaging app, she told everyone you are wearing diapers.”

“S-She did what!?” James was stunned. He had always refused to join the family app because he wasn’t interested too much in his aunts and uncles and their kids.

Katie pulled her phone out and pressed on the screen a few times. She scrolled up the messages and then held the phone out for James to see. James’ eyes quickly scanned the screen and he saw his mom telling everyone in the group his shameful secret, he was shocked and even though all the replies were supportive he still didn’t know how to react.

“See?” Katie said as she took her phone back, “You don’t need to worry about others finding out.”

“This… This is worse!” James replied as he put his head in his hands, “Now everyone will be looking at me like I’m some sort of weirdo!”

“You know our family better than that.” Katie replied, “Everything will be fine and you’ll have nothing to worry about. Now, let’s get you changed for bed, OK?”

James allowed his sister to help him up off his seat and his diaper sagged low as he stood up. He didn’t realise how wet he had got as he sat at his desk, he wondered how many times he had wet himself and wondered how much his control was slipping.

James was led around his bed and he laid down in the usual changing spot. Katie got some changing supplies out and looked down at her brother, when she saw the diaper she frowned slightly.

“Did you put this on yourself?” Katie asked as she ran her hand over the tapes on the front of the padding.

James nodded his head silently.

“How come?” Katie asked as she pulled the tapes away from the plastic front of the diaper.

“I had an accident.” James said sheepishly, “A big one.”

“I see.” Katie replied shortly.

“How did you know I changed it?” James asked as he worried that he had done something wrong.

“The tapes are a bit crooked, that’s all.” Katie replied as she got into position.

Katie didn’t say anything more about it as she lowered the front of the diaper and grabbed a couple of wet wipes. She carefully cleaned her brother with care and attention before pulling the old diaper away. She frowned a little as she saw some skid marks on the back, Katie had no idea when they were made but she didn’t want to draw attention to them and risk upsetting her younger brother. She folded the diaper up with the wipes inside it and dropped it by the side of the bed to take downstairs when she was done.

“Can I have my pacifier?” James asked in a small voice, “It’s in my bag.”

“Of course.” Katie smiled as she walked over to the bag and pulled out the baby soother. She was happy that her brother was getting some relief from his stresses through it and she happily popped it into James’ open mouth.

Katie moved the new diaper into position and sprinkled some baby powder on to James’ crotch. She heard him sigh slightly but whether it was from the pacifier or the talcum powder she didn’t know.

The front of the new diaper was pulled up and taped closed with a lot more precision than the last one and Katie smiled at her own handiwork.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” Katie said quietly as she walked to the other end of the bed and gave him a little kiss on the forehead.

James watched his sister turn the light off on the way out and she closed the door. He sighed as he rolled over and heard his diaper crinkle. James covered himself up and despite all his worrying managed to fall asleep quickly.

• Like 4

James has to both endure a party and get through the big football game in the conclusion to his story. How will he survive these two events and will his humiliating new position be exposed? Will James finally come to grips with his new underwear or will he be cursed to hate the diapers he needs?

---

This update, like all updates to my stories, has been available on Patreon for one week. It is only thanks to the generosity of patrons that I'm able to post as often as I do. For $5 a month you can see all my public stories in one place as well as getting early access to them, for $10 a month you can get the early access PLUS exclusive stories. There are other tiers and rewards on my Patreon page and I invite everyone to check it out, all support means a heck of a lot to me :)

https://www.patreon.com/Elfy88

I would like to give a big thank you to all of my patrons without whose support I wouldn't be able to do this: DannyDazzler, Jerry J, C Dom, Miss X, Raven, Ali T, PF, Jeebs018, Georgia C, Joe, Whatsnot, Camilo H, Jason M, Seamus B, Jeffrey G, Charlie S, Martijn de J, Robert D A, Phantom Sonic, Vivi L, Mike S, Dr J, Archibald B, Bojack D, Blipp, Duncan G, Jake W, Brandon G, LuvsSissy, DreaR, Alex B, Malcolm E, Pete W, Cless, Frank S, PatheticABDL, Joshua M, NunyoBC, Kim, S Miller, Britnee L, Tim F, WillNotWill, Orion F, Tom H, Sterling W, Ryan, Jens B, Justin152, Charles L, Trenton M, Bobbob138, Bask25456, MagmaLord, Diapering Daddy, Pierry L, Trish C, Curiosity24, Peter C, ReiofLight, James K, Anne Mette B-H, Kirk H, Mikkel L, Eric D, Bruce D, Alice W, Findlay, Bob S, Timothy A W, Erik P, Ben R, Ben F, Steven H

---

The next couple of days was relatively quiet for James. He managed to avoid any major messing moments at college and having access to the disabled bathrooms was a major plus for changing his diapers when needed. Danny was also a great help and barely left James’ side whenever he was at school, James knew part of that was because Danny needed James to be ready for the big game coming up but it was also because he was a genuinely good friend.

At home things had remained the same. James’ family stayed on top of his diaper changes and even when he would come downstairs in a messy diaper they would change him as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

James was happy with how he was treated and he was able to use his pacifier and sippy cup whenever he wanted without any judgement from those around him. It felt wonderful to feel so safe in his diaper and accepted for the things he found so calming.

Despite all of his acceptance and his increasing comfort he still had two great obstacles that loomed large on the horizon and were never far from his thoughts. Like a pair of giant monsters rampaging towards him James saw the party and football game as unstoppable horrors that he would have to deal with very soon.

The homecoming game was on Sunday and his mother’s party was scheduled for the evening beforehand. When James got up on Saturday morning and went downstairs in his wet overnight diaper he saw his parents putting decorations up.

“I’ve got some breakfast for you.” Katie called through from the dining room with a smile.

James walked away from the party preparations with a churning tummy and saw some toast sitting in front of his usual seat. With a damp squish James planted himself in his chair and started to eat, it wasn’t unusual for James to eat breakfast before getting his diaper change these days and he was quite used to sitting around in a wet diaper until someone came to change him.

“Nervous?” Katie asked as she sat down in the seat opposite James.

James was chewing on some toast as he nodded his head without looking up from his food. Nervous would be an understatement.

“You’ll be fine.” Katie said with a smile.

James thought it was easy for her to say that since she wouldn’t be the centre of attention or diapered like he was. He didn’t care if most of the people at the party knew about his situation it was still hugely embarrassing. James would’ve liked nothing better than to hide under his cover until all the guests were gone.

Once James was done with breakfast and back upstairs in his room he found himself nervously watching the clock and hoping time would just stop.

“Hello.” For once it was James messaging Danny rather than the other way round.

“Hey dude.” Danny replied quickly, “How are you?”

“Nervous.” James answered nervously, “My mom’s holding a homecoming party tonight and I really don’t want to be involved.”

“Aww, that’s too bad.” Danny said, “We’re having one here too, should be fun!”

“Not my thing.” James said. He picked up his sippy cup full of juice that he had brought up after breakfast and tipped it up to let the cool drink run into his mouth.

“I can stop by if you want.” Danny offered with a shrugging emoji, “I’ll arrive late but it’s something.”

“I’d like that.” James replied with a smiley face.

“Cool, I’ll see you tonight.” Danny ended the conversation.

James felt a little better knowing his friend was going to be there for him but he still felt incredibly nervous about the upcoming party. As time ticked by he hoped that his mother would knock on his door and say something unfortunate had come up and the party was cancelled but it never happened.

As the sun began to set over the houses outside the window James heard the first ring of the doorbell. He felt his stomach lurch as he heard his father open the door and greet whoever it was. James looked down at his wet diaper and wondered whether someone was going to come up and get him, he didn’t feel comfortable being without pants as people arrived downstairs. All it would take was for one of them to come upstairs and he would have a humiliation he would never forget.

James didn’t have to wait long to find out what was happening. After the third or fourth time the front door was opened to let people in there was a knock on his bedroom door followed by his mother opening it and sticking her through the crack.

“Is it OK to come in?” Cathy asked with a smile.

When James nodded his head he watched the door open and his mom walk into the room. She looked wonderful tonight with perfectly applied make-up and a nice dress, it was clear she was putting a lot of effort into tonight. James felt even more awkward than usual as he sat at his desk without any pants on.

“Do you need a change before going downstairs?” Cathy asked. She was already getting changing supplies out before she even heard the answer.

James stood up and felt his diaper sag slightly. He walked around his bed and laid down without a word, truthfully he was so nervous he worried that if he tried to say something he would just throw up. It must’ve been very obvious how anxious he was.

“You’re scared?” Cathy asked softly as she pulled the tapes off James’ diaper.

“Yeah…” James practically whispered as he felt the front of the padding get lowered.

“It’s all going to be fine.” Cathy replied as she pulled out a few wet wipes and started cleaning her son, “They already know you wear and they are all sympathetic.”

“It’s still scary.” James said as he looked up at the ceiling and heard the sounds of people talking downstairs, “Can’t I just stay up here?”

“They’re all here for you!” Cathy replied with a smile, “You can take your pacifier with you if you want.”

“No!” James shuddered slightly as he imagined all his cousins and family watching him suck a baby soother.

James’ old diaper was very wet and when the new diaper was taped up Cathy picked the old one off the floor and placed it in a plastic bag she had brought with her. She started walking out the door but stopped just before disappearing out of sight.

“Come down soon.” Cathy instructed with a smile, “People are asking about you.”

James stayed on his bed and looking at his ceiling for a few minutes. He heard more and more people arriving and the noise levels downstairs gradually raised. Eventually he sat up and took a deep breath, he knew he had to go down and see people.

As James stood up his diaper crinkled loudly in the otherwise quiet room. He went to his drawers and pulled out a pair of pants, they were nice and baggy and just about the best thing James could find. Even with these pants he was nervous and he could feel his stomach churning as he heard a loud laugh from downstairs.

Knowing that if he didn’t go down soon he would find someone coming up to get him James opened the bedroom door and started slowly heading towards the stairs. James walked down a few steps before hesitating, he then took a deep breath and carried on heading down towards the rather loud downstairs area.

As James turned around the bottom of the stairs nervously he saw some of his aunts and uncles turn to see him. They let of a cheer that quickly drew the attention of everyone else and they all clapped and cheered for James who shuffled his feet awkwardly. He wanted to blend in with the background but he was being thrust into the spotlight by everyone around him.

James wanted to find his parents or his sister so he started walking past people but everyone seemed to want to stop him say hello and shake his hand. James mumbled pleasantries to the people he passed, he briefly glanced into the living room where he saw a space in the middle of the floor with a plastic changing mat on it. James knew that was for his baby cousins and the other babies here but he couldn’t help but feel his intestines twist just from looking at it.

If there was one positive for James to take from this experience it was that the sounds of his diaper were very well hidden by the general background noise. James looked to see if anyone was giving him any strange looks but despite everyone knowing what he was wearing it seemed like nobody cared, or at least nobody was looking.

James eventually got into the backyard where even more people were hanging around and talking. Music played in the background as Chris beckoned his son over. James walked over and started talking to his dad’s brothers for a bit. He actually started feeling as if he was loosening up a bit and, dare he say it, enjoying himself.

James didn’t even leave the conversation or hesitate as he wet his diaper after a few minutes. The warmth spread around his padding as he listened to a story about when his dad was a child. It was only as he finished wetting that he felt a rumbling deep in his tummy, he suddenly realised that it hadn’t just been nerves making him feel bad earlier.

“Excuse me, I have to take care of something.” James said when the story was over and he was able to leave the older men to their talking. His dad gave him a pat on the back and it was almost like that small contact transferred the feeling of pride James’ father had.

James walked back through the yard and into the house. He saw grandparents that wanted to stop and talk but he dodged them by saying he would be back in a minute, even Katie wanted to introduce him to some friends of hers but James didn’t want to tempt fate with his track record. It was almost as if as soon as he realised he needed the bathroom the need had become ten times as strong.

The one person James hadn’t seen at this gathering was Danny. The wide receiver said he would visit at some point during the evening but he wasn’t here and time was moving on quickly. James felt comfortable though and he didn’t feel like he needed his friend quite as much as he would’ve thought he would.

James turned up the stairs and took them two at a time. When he reached the landing he had the bathroom right in front of him but the door was closed and locked. James stood outside and waited for a minute as he felt the twisting in his gut getting worse, he started to worry about how long this other person was taking and he wished they had a second bathroom in the house.

When the desperation started getting to be too much to control James swallowed his natural timidity and knocked on the door.

“I’ll be done in a minute.” A gruff voice called from inside the bathroom.

James started pacing up and down the landing as he felt the pressure continuing to build. There was no sign of movement from whoever was in the toilet and James realised he wasn’t going to make it, the realisation hit him like a bucket of ice water.

James wasn’t sure what he should do but his instinct was to go and find his mom. She would have the answer for him and if anyone could help him it would be her. James’ mind was going into overdrive already and the much easier answer of stepping into his room and changing himself didn’t cross his mind.

Knowing that time was now short James hurried back to the top of the stairs and started hurrying down them, he almost knocked an older lady over as he ran around the bottom of the stairs in a frenzy.

James looked out the window at the backyard and didn’t see his mom, she wasn’t in the kitchen or dining room either. By this point James could feel his sphincter muscles starting to give up the fight, he wanted to resist but his body was starting to make the decision for him.

Hurrying to the entrance of the living room James leaned in and saw his mom sitting in the armchair with a baby in her lap, James had no idea who the baby was but assumed it was a cousin or something. The living room was full of women and children and James certainly attracted attention as he walked in.

“James, we were just talking about you. Your Aunt Tiffany was just saying…” Cathy paused when she saw the look of agitation on her son’s face, “James? What’s wrong?”

James was stood in the middle of the room surrounded by toys the kids had been playing with. The changing mat was one step behind him and if he hadn’t been so lost in embarrassment he would have thought how apt this scene was.

“Mom… I need…” James was stuttering as sweat formed on his head but it was already too late.

James could already feel the warm mass of sticky poop pushing out of his body and into the diaper that suddenly seemed taped far too tightly. James was frozen on the spot and everyone seemed confused as to what was happening except for Cathy who was sitting with wide eyes, she sat in shock as if she couldn’t believe what she was seeing.

“James! Go to the potty!” Cathy was so flustered she didn’t even think about her rather inappropriate word for the toilet.

“I can’t…” James gasped as he pushed down reflexively and felt the seat of his diaper rapidly fill with semi-solid mess that seemed to almost pour out of him.

Just in case anyone in the room had any doubts as to what was happening James’ face went red as he forced himself to push. A small grunt escaped his lips as gas escaped from his other end followed by yet more poop. The back of his diaper and pants must have been bulging by this point but it felt like there was still more to come.

The women and children who were old enough to realise what was happening looked on in horror as James squatted down and pushed his butt into the mess that now filled the rear of the diaper. He pushed again and yet more faeces escaped him and dropped into the padding, it felt like mud as he moved slightly and felt his skin lubricated by his own waste.

“My God…” James heard someone mutter to the right of him. He couldn’t turn to look at them though. Even if he wanted to the tears in his eyes made it impossible.

“Are you done?” Cathy asked in a matter-of-fact tone. She spoke as if she was talking to a three-year-old who was having an accident.

James could only shake his head as he bent his knees even further and closed his eyes to push as hard as he could. It seemed impossible that there could be anything left but James felt two solid but soft logs push out to join the wasteland that was his diaper. He must’ve looked like an overgrowing toddler at that moment.

It felt like the room had suddenly grown hotter than the sun as he squatted and felt the last few lumps drop into his drooping padding. It felt like the air in the room had been sucked away by everyone gasping at what they were seeing.

James suddenly felt a horribly sticky feeling running down his leg and realised his abused diaper had taken too much of a beating. Realising he was leaking James stepped backwards on to the changing mat as a little piece of poop fell from the bottom of his pants.

There was absolute silence in the room until one of the older boys started laughing. He couldn’t help himself and soon the laughter was spreading to the other children, even the younger ones who didn’t know what was happening. The smell was foul and already starting to spread to the people nearest James. The soiled man had his eyes closed and he wished he could just disappear, it felt like his worst nightmare had come true and he couldn’t escape it.

“Alright, everybody, come on.” Cathy’s voice stopped the laughter as she looked around seriously, “Could everyone clear the room please?”

The various adults shepherded their kids away from the living room although, thanks to the open plan nature of the house they were still visible from the other room. It was scarcely any more private than if they had all remained where they were. At least there were less people who could see the wretched scene now.

“Do you need any help?” An older woman that James didn’t recognise asked.

“No thank you.” Cathy replied curtly.

James opened his eyes and wiped them with his sleeve. The deep mud in his diaper felt like it was pushing the padding to its very limits. He was scared to move in case the whole thing suddenly burst. When the last people had retreated to a safe distance Cathy crouched in front of her son.

“I can’t take you upstairs.” Cathy said quietly, “You’re leaking and you’ll leave stains everywhere. I’m going to have to change you right here.”

“But… Mom… They can see…” James was sobbing lightly and he could only whisper responses in between shuddering breaths. He could see people at the doorway and in the dining room still looking his way.

“Baby, I can’t do anything about that.” Cathy whispered, “Let me change you here and then you can go up to bed, OK?”

James didn’t have much choice in the matter. He nodded his head as Cathy patted him on the cheek, she tried to give him a smile to say everything would be fine but it was clear she was as anxious about things as James was.

“I need to get your things.” Cathy continued, “Stay on the mat.”

As Cathy hurried towards the stairs James felt another lump of faeces slip down his leg. He felt so alone and scared as people looked at him as if he was some kind of exhibit at the zoo. It was all James could do to stop himself from breaking into tears there and then, he just wanted his mom to come back and change him.

Cathy was soon back in the living room with a clean diaper and his baby wipes. He saw some people watch curiously as she walked into the living room with the odd supplies, she made a beeline for James and placed the supplies on the ground next to the mat. The room smelled foul at this point and James was almost gagging on his own stench.

“Lay down for me, baby.” Cathy whispered encouragingly, “Don’t worry about a thing, Mommy will sort it all out.”

James nodded his head as he slowly lowered himself down on to the mat. He winced as he felt the bulging mess in his diaper get squashed and spread even further, it felt like no area of his diaper was clean. He felt more poop escape through the leg bands and dirty his pants and was fairly sure these pants would have to be thrown away after this.

Laying back and looking at the ceiling James felt his mom gingerly grab his pants waistband and pull down. She was careful not to get anything on the carpet as she balled up the removed pants and dropped them in the bag that usually contained the diaper. It seemed James was right and these pants were heading straight for the trash.

“Dear me…” Cathy said under her breath as she looked at the results of James’ accident.

James dared to have a look down at his waist and gasped. The diaper looked ruined with all the previously white padding showing the stain of what was underneath it, he could see the poop escaping the waistband and he could smell the earthy scent of his own fresh bowel movement. To say he was uncomfortable would be a wild understatement.

Cathy pulled the tapes off the front of the diaper with trepidation and James looked back at the ceiling. When he looked around he could see people still watching in stunned silence but at this point his desperation to get clean overrode his feelings of humiliation.

The front of the diaper was lowered and James heard his mother practically gasp. He knew the damage must be severe and he didn’t dare look down at what he had done. There was a pause as James’ mom tried to work out the best way to tackle the situation. James felt embarrassed to be naked from the waist down here but it felt like just the tip of the ice berg by this point.

Just when James thought things couldn’t get any worse he heard the front door open as someone let in a new guest. He glanced over towards the doorway a few seconds later to see Danny standing there in shock and looking down at James and his open diaper. James’ mouth dropped open but he had nothing to say, his shame rendered him mute. After a few seconds Danny seemed to shake out of his shock and he turned and walked away, James heard the front door closing again and he realised Danny must’ve left.

The cleaning took a humiliatingly long time. James was laid on his back for at least a quarter of an hour as his mom slowly cleaned off the mess that coated him. She had to get everywhere with the wipes and even the inside of James’ legs required wiping up.

Eventually the job was done and James was finally lifted up to slip the new diaper underneath him. He felt relieved when the front of the diaper was lifted up and he was finally covered back up, when the tapes fitted he felt like a new man. A lot of people had seen his humiliating change but he felt good about being in a clean diaper and he just couldn’t feel too bad about what had happened.

“Come on.” Cathy said softly when the new diaper was taped nice and tightly.

James allowed his mother to help him back to his feet and then held her hand as she led the way towards the hallway and the stairs. People stared as James walked by but he didn’t let it bother him, he just followed his mom all the way up and into his bedroom. He didn’t need to be prompted to take off his shirt and climb into bed, he just did it on his own. James even took his pacifier from his bedside table and popped it into his mouth.

“The party shouldn’t go on much longer.” Cathy said as she tucked James in and gave him a kiss on the forehead, “You were very brave today and I’m sorry I made you come downstairs.”

“It’s OK.” James said around the latex bulb filling his mouth. His slight lisp made both of them smile.

“I’ll see you in the morning, baby boy.” Cathy whispered as she turned off the light and closed the bedroom door.

---

The days leading up to the big championship game were intense. James found himself getting wished luck by people he hadn’t seen before and a few people even asked for autographs, it was clear expectations were high. James found himself feeling very nervous nearly all the time, even when he had his pacifier at home he felt worried about what was to come.

James had hoped to speak to Danny in the lead up to the game after everything that happened and all that Danny had seen but James’ best friend was like a ghost. It worried James that he might have lost his best friend but he understood why Danny was avoiding him, James wouldn’t be too keen to see someone if he had seen them in the same position he was in at the party.

The party faded from memory quickly and despite everything that had happened it seemed like people had had a good time. James hadn’t heard anything from anyone regarding what happened to him and it seemed like it was all going to disappear quietly, at the very least it would be something only whispered to each other. James could live with the whispers as long as it wasn’t spread outside of his circle.

James’ diapers continued to be used and increasingly came to be needed. Several times in the build up to the big game he would find himself wetting before he even knew he needed to go, he put it down to nerves.

The question of what he would do on game day was still there but James knew he would have to get through it one way or another. He had to play and if he was out on the field he would have to be wearing a diaper, how he would hide that fact was a mystery but he couldn’t let his team down and run away. Quite apart from his team loyalty, if James didn’t show up to the game he would be public enemy number one.

On the morning of the game he was given a bigger than usual breakfast by his mom. He forced some of it down but found it hard to eat with the nerves of what was to come. He couldn’t stop his leg twitching and when he started packing his sports bag he felt like he was going to throw up, James had never been this nervous before a game before.

James was the last of the family to come downstairs and get in the car when it was time to go. His butterflies felt like they were multiplying and it wasn’t helped when he saw people in team colours heading towards the stadium. So many people were counting on him, he wished he had his pacifier but he had left it at home. His family tried to be encouraging but their words of encouragement did little to calm him down, at least his diaper was dry.

When the car pulled into the special sectioned off part of the car park meant for players James hopped out and hugged Cathy, Chris and Katie. They all wished him luck one final time before he turned with his bag and walked towards the changing rooms.

James wasn’t early today so when he walked in he saw that there were already members of the team half-dressed and talking about the game ahead. Everyone seemed focused and the jokey atmosphere that usually prevailed in the dressing room was missing, the general murmur of a large crowd could already be heard filing into the stands.

James sat down at his usual seat and looked at the empty space next to him. Usually Danny would be there but he was absent at the moment and no one James asked had seen him all day. James sat down with his diaper providing him extra padding and thought about what he would do, he had to get into his uniform but with all the people in there it would be impossible to hide his diapers. It dawned on him that he would have no choice but to get undressed there in the changing room, he had always thought he would think of a plan but he had nothing. Even if he could get changed without being seen the tight football shorts would show the diaper off anyway.

As James wondered about how people might react he saw the door open and Danny walked in. He wasn’t smiling like he usually was, he looked more focused than ever before. He didn’t even look at James as he took his place next to the quarterback and started getting ready. The room was filling up now and the tension was cranking up. The coaches were walking around the room and giving out last instructions to players and reminding them of their jobs.

“James, get your stuff on.” The coach called over, “Game starts in ten.”

James nodded his head and started unzipping his bag. He pulled out all the different parts of his uniform and put them out in front of him as he delayed the inevitable as long as possible. The coach left the room to speak to the game’s officials and get their instructions whilst the team went through final preparations. Some people sat quietly with their eyes closed, others were jumping around and shouting to hype themselves up. The atmosphere was one of barely contained chaos as everyone worked themselves into the zone.

James looked at Danny. Normally the wide receiver was a locker room leader, he would be going around making sure everyone was happy and ready to go. He would give a speech that would get everyone up and jumping. Today he was sat on his seat and staring down at the floor, he looked pale and nervous and he wasn’t talking to anyone. He hadn’t even looked at James who knew he was still thinking about the party. Danny hoped this match would be the catalyst for going pro and it looked like all the stress was weighing on him like a huge boulder.

There was nothing else for James to do. He had to get dressed and that meant he had to take his pants off.

James pulled his shirt off and knew that the waistband of his diaper was poking out. He could feel his heart hammering as he pulled his jersey over the top of his head. He looked around a few people were looking his way inquisitively, most hadn’t noticed anything was wrong.

James took off his shoes and, with a gulp of fear, lowered his pants. James’ diaper was still dry but now it was open to everyone in the changing room. He tried to pretend it was no big deal in the hope that others would feel the same way but he had no such luck.

“What the fuck is that!?” Shouted the second choice running back as he pointed at James.

Everyone in the room looked at the quarterback, even Danny glanced James’ way. James felt nervous as he stood there under scrutiny. There was a moment of silence before uproar broke out. Some laughed, some shouted, some were even angry but everyone seemed to be taken completely out of the zone as James stood there in his absorbent padding. He was tearing up and wanted to run away but as he looked at the door the coach walked in.

The noise started to die down as the coach walked forward into the middle of the room with a look of utter bewilderment on his face.

“What the hell is this!?” Coach asked as he stood in front of James.

“It’s my… Well, you see… Sometimes I…” James was stuttering as he tried to find a way to explain the unexplainable.

James was cut off by the sound of a loud bell above the door that led to the pitch. Everyone looked towards it silently, normally it would cause everyone to start jumping up and down in one last show of energy before bursting on to the field but today it was met with silence and without movement.

“Whatever.” The coach said after a second as he shook his head to clear his thoughts, “Game time. James, get your stuff on and get out there.”

Everyone seemed off as they streamed out of the room and James pulled on his football pants and pads. Even Danny, the person he would most expect to stand up and defend him, stood up and quietly walked past James without a word.

James was the last of his team on to the field and the crowd, who had no idea what had happened in the changing room, roared their approval as he walked in. James nervously glanced around and waved.

The first half was nothing short of a nightmare. Everyone was off their games and there was none of the usual fluid play that usually typified the team’s game. The defence was leaky and James had no luck finding any of his receivers, it felt like they were always making different runs. When he was sacked in the last play of the half James expected help up from the offensive line but no one came to help, they were already trooping off the field with their heads down as James dusted himself off.

James was the last into the changing room where the inquest had already begun. People were yelling and blaming each other, Danny was sitting with his head in his hands. All those scouts were in the stands and playing like this he couldn’t even catch a cold.

“It’s his fault!” Someone pointed at James as he walked across the room to his seat, “He’s thrown the whole team off! Take him out, Coach.”

James looked up with fear as his lip trembled a bit. He was already incredibly upset with his performance but to have his team turn on him like this felt awful. James heard Danny let out a deep breath.

“Put in another person!” Someone yelled out, “Anyone would be better than a baby.”

“Guys, settle down…” The coach said calmly. He looked as deflated as anyone else.

James put his head in his hands and couldn’t stop the deep sobs from wracking his body. He didn’t want to cry but the tears came anyway.

“He’s throwing the game!” Someone else shouted, “He’s selling us out!”

“ENOUGH!” Danny’s voice boomed out around the room which suddenly fell quiet. He looked furious but unlike everyone else his anger didn’t seem to be directed at James.

Danny walked out into the middle of the room shook his head.

“James is wearing a diaper.” Danny called out into the room, “So the fuck what? He isn’t throwing the game, we all are. Why should an unusual choice of underwear suddenly make us all fall apart? It’s how we’re reacting that is costing us this game. We’ve been through too much shit to suddenly turn on each other now. James has gotten us out of so many tight jams in the past with his throwing so show the man some respect.”

There was a silence that seemed to engulf the room. James had wiped away the tears and was looking out at the room, it seemed much of the team had trouble looking at him.

“You call him a baby but it’s all of you guys that need to grow up and get your heads into this game before we leave ourselves with something we might regret forever.” Danny looked at the floor and then turned to James, he looked so sad and James felt like he could see a tear in his eye, “I’m sorry, dude. I said I’d be there for you and I’ve been an ass today. Forgive me?”

James stood up and walked forwards without hesitation. He wrapped his arms around Danny and gave him a tight hug. Even if the team thought he was useless because of a diaper at least he had his best friend back.

“I’m sorry.” James let go of his friend to see one of the other members of the team, someone who had been shouting at him just minutes ago. He looked sorry and James shook his hand.

“Me too.” Another person came forward. Then another, then even more people stepped forwards.

Before James knew what was happening he was surrounded by the whole team with everyone apologising and they formed an impromptu huddle. Nobody said anything and nothing needed to be said, the emotional energy in the room had flipped completely and now James could feel everyone thinking about what was to come.

“Let’s do this.” James said. He didn’t shout but in the silent room his voice echoed around everyone.

There was immediate uproar and now people were as hyped as they should’ve been at the start. Everyone was shouting and jumping around and the energy was infectious.

The second half was like a totally different game and all of a sudden everyone was doing their jobs better than ever before. It felt like Danny and James were on the same wavelength again and he was catching everything no matter where James threw the ball. The crowd were going crazy and the players were feeling the momentum like never before.

The game came down to one final play. With seconds left on the clock James’ team was losing by just two points but they had the ball in great field position. A hush had fallen over the whole ground as everyone realised the gravity of the moment.

Everyone knew their jobs and as James called out the snap count he felt a sudden lurching of his bowels. His eyes flew wide but he didn’t let himself get distracted as he took the ball and took a couple of steps backwards. The quarterback looked up to see Danny making his run and completely open.

James felt himself already using his diaper as he threw the ball as far as he could. As he released the ball he was tackled and landed with a thump on the ground, he winced as the heavy impact caused him to involuntarily push down with all his tummy muscles. Several soft logs of poop slipped out of his body and into the diaper but James wasn’t even thinking about it. He climbed to his feet quickly to see Danny running into the end zone and sending everyone wild!

Everyone started running to Danny to celebrate the last second win but James turned the other way. He started hurrying towards the changing rooms as he continued to soil himself, just to ram the point home he felt his bladder empty too. He didn’t stop until he was back in the changing rooms. As happy as he was he didn’t want to celebrate in a used diaper, which might push the team’s goodwill a little too far.

James stripped off as he walked across the room and threw the diaper in the trash. He had a quick shower to clean his messy bottom and then taped another diaper on, he put his kit back on and was just about to leave the changing room when he saw Danny walk in. He had tears in his eyes and looked happier than James had ever seen him. He ran across the room and wrapped James in another hug. No words were said.

“There he is!” Katie’s voice suddenly filled the room and James let go of his friend to see his sister and parents coming into the room looking thoroughly exhausted from cheering.

James hugged his family as they all celebrated together. For James this seemed like something much bigger than football, it felt like validation and acceptance. He had struggled for so long with his accidents and then the diapers and yet here he was succeeding because of them. It had been rocky but his friends and family loved him no matter what he was wearing, even his team mates had come around once the shock and initial emotions passed by.

This was more than a football game. For the first time in a long time James felt able to fully relax and be himself no matter what that made other people think. He didn’t know what the future held but he knew for certain that diapers would be playing a large role in his life for a long time to come.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I felt the last chapter was rushed and there was never an explanation to Danny's strange behavior. 

On 5/3/2019 at 8:03 AM, Nat said:

I felt the last chapter was rushed and there was never an explanation to Danny's strange behavior. 

May I ask what you mean by Danny's strange behaviour?

3 hours ago, Elfy said:

May I ask what you mean by Danny's strange behaviour?

He was acting distant from him and avoided looking at him and stuff and there was never an explanation why he acted that way and all of a sudden he was back to normal again, the friend he always had been before. 

• 5 months later...