LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What is in Your "About Me"

if your sig is kind of a quick access to things that reflect who you are, The About Me is the place where you tell, or better yet SHOW your "DNA" here

You have two editors.  Thedefault one is a visual or "WYSISIG" - What You See Is What You Get. Frankly, I think that these types of editors have gotten pretty good over the past 15 years. Back then I would not have touched them. They had very little in the way of control over the properties of the page and they added tons of extraneous code. However, if you wish to have more control over your displayed material there is the "Source" tab, which does things in a source language and offers more control over sizes of font or the like. the ABDL Internet Resource Roundup has my "cheat sheet" and once you learn how to use "style" and "span" effectively, you are way ahead. Beyond that, unlike older visual editors, you can go back and forth between the two. Our "About Me" system lets you link and import images from elsewhere, make image links, which are very AB since a 5 year old cannot read yet, and using the "height" and 'Width" variables (in Source mode) control the size of images and the "font-Size", of text. The "About Me" editor here, in either mode has a panel of tabs that adjust the format; size and things like that, placement on the page; left, center right, and import an image from elsewhere

Because you can showcase who you are, it can be done in a manner of your choosing. I use images to SHOW and I use links and things because "Doing is Living and Living is Doing" so I stress interactivity. "The 'About Me' that you not only read. But also USE". The first part is introductory, what the About Me is and does; its theme/scenario, its properties, what you can do with it, access to music to listen to while you browse DD. Of course there is the obligatory fine print legal disclaimer. The second part is an introduction to what I am like and a gift that you can download and keep for yourelff, some images, an explanation of my siggy and my ABLG curriculum vitea or resume.I can usually import images from my psots using right-click>Copy image location" or "copy image" and place them using the format "align" tabs. The third part is "orientation": Customs and Courtesies": what, in general, you ought and ought not do, and how come, what does not and does go with me. This last part, since I am promoting interests and want to emphasize them, is done with images. Then comes the last part, the link to "Part Deux" and the Friends, etc The orientation part is far bigger than I would like but Most of what I say should be common sense, but I find from experience that you have to spell things out almost to the period so I explain what and why. To see what it all looks like, click on the big image in my siggy

I made it in two parts because it would be far too big to put here and I have plenty of web space. PART DEUX is the biggie, it is very big and carries the "Living is Doing" theme to it's ultimate with shopping, videos, the ""rubber panty museum", "I adore  being a girl", access to the blog entries things to take home, games to play, artistic activities and things and my email. goes into more detail about things that are part of my world and how come and it has more of the use and interactive things. For this kind of thing, you would need some webspace that can take adult-friendly items; available at ABDL Internet Resource Roundup via the "Useful" link in my sig. In case you have never gone there, here it is http://other.sandralyn.net/about me.html

An "About Me" can do may things; be a showcase for who and what you are - your "DNA", a "store" for persons to ge things you would like them to have and a playground for your friends and visitors. So why not make the most of it and create a strong personal presence here? Most of the "About Me"'s that I see are almost just cursory and often include off-topic. I keep mine relevant to here

My "About Me" in my profile tells that I am a straight DL, not into baby stuff and a little of how I started (because I wet the bed until almost age 6).  I did notice that a good portion of my "About Me" was missing and I think that probably happened months back when there was a site problem and a lot of the forum post content was somehow lost.  I mean, how often do you read your own profile?

EVERY ONE HERE SHOULD REVIEW THEIR PROFILE INFORMATION AND "ABOUT ME" TO SEE IF IT"S MISSING SOME INFORMATION THEY HAD PREVIOUSLY WRITTEN!

Your "About Me" section is one of the most important things in your profile along with "Real Age" as it tells others what your interests are.  Anyone can fill out their "About Me" section without giving any hint of who they are in real life in case they may be afraid any of their vanilla friends might stumble across this site.  You don't have to say, "My name is John Smith, I live in Crab Apple Cove Minnesota and work at Speedy Shoes on third street next to the donut shop".  You can tell about yourself without any hint of your identity and people who read your profile will at least know what your interests are and your age.  I have very little sympathy for anyone here who complains that a sissy contacted him, or some AB wanting to have baby play with diaper changes if the person happens to be a DL only and doesn't have anything in his profile.  The only way for a member to filter out people who have vastly different interests is to let people know what their own interests are in their profile.  Otherwise, if they have an empty profile and get contacted by people wanting this or that, or asking this or that, the member in question has no right to Bitch about it later.

• Like 1

About 5 years ago, even after I put up an About Me like the one I have now, and I keep a hefty profile. I was asked by an LB for punishment. Lemme get this straight. Asking a 5 year old little girl for punishment. I never did find out what PLANET he was writing from. And I do get repeat visits from those with whom I have nothing in common, especially Sissies (which is why I wonder if many of the Sissies are really Sissy). They must like something about me. And I have gotten my share of HNG's (In a strange way, that is a compliment: Am I THAT cute from the neck down? ) I have no boobs because I am too little; maybe they are pedo)

Half the problem is that some idiots never even read someone's profile even when it's filled out in detail.  They see a name or a picture and that's as far as they go.  If you don't have a filled in profile and some creep contacts you, it's YOUR FAULT!  If you do have a detailed profile and some creep contacts you about a totally different AB/DL interest than yours and asks you do "do this and do that" because he never bothered to read your profile, IT'S ALL ON HIM!  He has no right to complain when you send him a rebuke!

Those without information (summary or detail) in their About Me section are as annoying as those who don’t read them before engaging others in conversation.  The only thing more annoying are those that are not honest in their self-description.  

Joey

Given what we have here and what we can get. The level of inactivity here is appalling. As I say, "Living is Doing and Doing is Liing" and there  are things we can do via the sig and About Me, You can create a playground or playroom in them. Do you know how many persons went through their lives wishing that this could be? So, why not? We could create a thousand worlds. Someon(s) could make the Diaper Dimension a place to visit or live

There is nothing wrong, and everything right, with doing that. It is called "updating" or "curating" and should be done with your profile. While I publish my birthdate, my "Real Age" is entered as an algebraic puzzle (auite easy). I have a problem with anyone who has been here fro over 6 weeks and is still "just curious"; that has an air of temproariness that makes me hesitate at getting involved with the person and I keep my distance. The same with persons whose profiles contain nothing

I go back and update mine every now and then. Two of the things that I update is real age and the About me bit. But I only update the About me bit when I want to add something new about myself like a new interest. A new TV show that I loved and enjoyed watching etc.   

Having an about About Me section is pretty pointless in my opinion - I have mine filled out - have a few Q&A's I get from people and people STILL mistake what I am, and they assume things about me because they won't read my profile. I don't even care if it gets outdated anymore, because no one is going to read it anyway lol (btw it is a bit outdated too haha)

6 hours ago, mamabug said:

Having an about About Me section is pretty pointless in my opinion - I have mine filled out - have a few Q&A's I get from people and people STILL mistake what I am, and they assume things about me because they won't read my profile. I don't even care if it gets outdated anymore, because no one is going to read it anyway lol (btw it is a bit outdated too haha)

Hey now! I read it. :)

18 hours ago, mamabug said:

Just think of how many more people would be sending you stuff had they not first read your About Me.  There will always be those who don't bother to read a profile, but think of all those who do and say, "Nope!  She made it clear she is not into the same things I am".

44 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

Just think of how many more people would be sending you stuff had they not first read your About Me.  There will always be those who don't bother to read a profile, but think of all those who do and say, "Nope!  She made it clear she is not into the same things I am".

I mean I do have one, but in all honesty, I don't think I would get that many more messages. Because I already get a LOT and over my almost 3 years of being here, it seems like 80% of people who message me do not read my profile. Because people just don't care. They see what they want to see. They see my name and that is all that matters to them.